C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

FS C63 Quaife LSD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
home the point
FS C63 Quaife LSD

Quaife Limited Slip Dif. Less than 1000 mi on it. $800 plus shipping. Will post pictures later tonight. Located in VA.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Beware of this seller. He sold me a MCD carbon fiber grille that was claimed as new and arrived WARPED and un-installable. Then he ignored PMs. Lost out on about $350 after paying for grille and the body shop to attempt installation. DO NOT BY FROM THIS *******!

Last edited by CPD SLK; 11-03-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:34 AM

home the point
I didn't ignore your PM, you asked for a refund for the shipping and I provided it. The item was indeed new from MCD. You said you were going to send pictures of the grille damage but I never got any. Plus none of your PM asked for any action on my part, so I'm not sure what exactly you wanted me to do.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:41 AM

home the point
This is exactly what the item looked like when I shipped it, brand new
Old 11-04-2014, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
how much of a pain was the install?
Old 11-04-2014, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Old 11-04-2014, 01:46 PM

home the point
Originally Posted by driftmotion
how much of a pain was the install?
From what I understand it's a pretty involved process. You will need a tech familiar with differential install. Definitely not a DIY for 99.9% of us.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by cptdaz
This is exactly what the item looked like when I shipped it, brand new
First off, pictures don't accurately show the fitment problems of the main piece. Secondly, what you failed to address is the top trim piece. These pics clearly show that the trim piece was warped and unusable. Look at each end in particular (clearly shows the piece is messed up). Note the significant difference in the angles at each end. It arrived this way. The main section also didn't line up correctly FYI.

FS C63 Quaife LSD-dsc_0993_zps83daab89.jpg

FS C63 Quaife LSD-dsc_0992_zps7ac0ca90.jpg

FS C63 Quaife LSD-dsc_0991_zpsa18298c8.jpg

FS C63 Quaife LSD-dsc_0989_zpsd2d5637d.jpg

Also, I did send you pictures back in 2013 and sent you PMs as well. I received NO RESPONSE. If necessary I can ask mods to confirm if they have access to PMs. I never heard back. I wanted to give you a chance to rectify the situation, so in my PMs, I told you that I was holding off on filing a dispute with paypal. I was stupid in that I waited too long to file a dispute (took a while for me to find time to go to the body shop with school and work).

Bottom line, I ADVISE NOT TO BUY FROM HIM. I haven't seen this guy on the forum since he failed to respond to my PMs. Convenient...now he's back to sell a LSD.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Get it right man

Old 11-05-2014, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Old 11-05-2014, 10:43 AM

home the point
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
First off, pictures don't accurately show the fitment problems of the main piece. Secondly, what you failed to address is the top trim piece. These pics clearly show that the trim piece was warped and unusable. Look at each end in particular (clearly shows the piece is messed up). Note the significant difference in the angles at each end. It arrived this way. The main section also didn't line up correctly FYI.
Sorry but how exactly do I know any of that if I never tried installing the parts myself? You claimed that I lied about the parts being brand new but I failed to see how you provided evidences to back that claim. Were there signs that the parts were used or have been installed? Nope. I did exactly what I stated in my initial advertisement which was taking the parts out of the packaging to take picture then putting it back. I did NOTHING else with the parts. If you're having fitment issue then that's a manufacturer problem. I think MCD rebranded themselves, but that's over a year ago, you can't reasonably blame me for you dragging your feet.

Also, I did send you pictures back in 2013 and sent you PMs as well. I received NO RESPONSE. If necessary I can ask mods to confirm if they have access to PMs. I never heard back. I wanted to give you a chance to rectify the situation, so in my PMs, I told you that I was holding off on filing a dispute with paypal. I was stupid in that I waited too long to file a dispute (took a while for me to find time to go to the body shop with school and work).
I find it funny that it's ok for you to have other priorities in life like school and work but anybody doing business with you have to put you first in line right?

Checking my inbox, the very last PM I received from you was on 3/3/13 asking me whether I got your PM from 3/2/2013, without further explanation on what the problem is or that you wanted a refund. Obviously I did receive your 3/2 PM because you asked for a refund on the shipping expense difference which I did comply promptly. If you had asked for a refund in a reasonable time frame, I wouldn't have said no.

Bottom line, I ADVISE NOT TO BUY FROM HIM. I haven't seen this guy on the forum since he failed to respond to my PMs. Convenient...now he's back to sell a LSD.
Of all the business transactions I've done on this forum and many others (my feedback profile on vaguntrader), I've had no other complaints. I'm going to take the higher road on this one instead of resorting to personal attacks and gross generalization. I honestly think you should take a look at your own actions (or there lack of) during the entire transaction and see how them contributed to the problem instead of blaming it all on me.

Last edited by cptdaz; 11-05-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Sorry but how exactly do I know any of that if I never tried installing the parts myself? You claimed that I lied about the parts being brand new but I failed to see how you provided evidences to back that claim. Were there signs that the parts were used or have been installed? Nope. I did exactly what I stated in my initial advertisement which was taking the parts out of the packaging to take picture then putting it back. I did NOTHING else with the parts. If you're having fitment issue then that's a manufacturer problem. I think MCD rebranded themselves, but that's over a year ago, you can't reasonably blame me for you dragging your feet.

I find it funny that it's ok for you to have other priorities in life like school and work but anybody doing business with you have to put you first in line right?

Checking my inbox, the very last PM I received from you was on 3/3/13 asking me whether I got your PM from 3/2/2013, without further explanation on what the problem is or that you wanted a refund. Obviously I did receive your 3/2 PM because you asked for a refund on the shipping expense difference which I did comply promptly. If you had asked for a refund in a reasonable time frame, I wouldn't have said no.

Of all the business transactions I've done on this forum and many others (my feedback profile on vaguntrader), I've had no other complaints. I'm going to take the higher road on this one instead of resorting to personal attacks and gross generalization. I honestly think you should take a look at your own actions (or there lack of) during the entire transaction and see how them contributed to the problem instead of blaming it all on me.
First, it's apparent if you look at the parts, that the top piece is messed up. You don't need an engineering degree to look at it and figure that out. You just said you took the parts out, which means you should have made sure they were okay. Who sells parts as new without making sure they are in working order from the retailer the parts originated from???? It's common sense and assumed. People usually equate new to mean they are in working order. Not the case here.

I don't care about your previous deals. All it takes is one to mess up our reputation. Hope it was worth it for less than $300.

Also, if you read my post, I sent multiple PMs, to which you never responded. I also made a thread to urge you to respond. Obviously I didn't want to do this, but since you never replied, and the paypal time limit was approaching, I didn't have a choice.

Enjoy:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...lle-piece.html

Don't try and "take the high road" because you're a horrible seller and have no integrity. I never asked for an immediate response, but you IGNORED me. You know damn well what you did, so if you're not gonna man up and admit it, whatever. My posts and threads speak for themselves.

Good luck with your sale!

Last edited by CPD SLK; 11-05-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
I remember that thread and I recall that the seller did not bother to reply to the thread and went AWOL. Not sure if the seller has the right to take the "high road" here if the buyer repeatedly asked the seller to set things straight and was ignored instead. does not sound like a stand up guy at all.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:05 PM

home the point
First, it's apparent if you look at the parts, that the top piece is messed up. You don't need an engineering degree to look at it and figure that out. You just said you took the parts out, which means you should have made sure they were okay. Who sells parts as new without making sure they are in working order from the retailer the parts originated from???? It's common sense and assumed. People usually equate new to mean they are in working order. Not the case here.
The top piece was left in wrapping so no it wasn't apparent. I don't see how that's common sense since by the act of installing and testing you're turning a brand new product a now used product. The better assumption is that the manufacturer provided you with a working product. What you want is conflicting since you wanted the item to be brand new but tested which won't be new anymore.

Also, if you read my post, I sent multiple PMs, to which you never responded. I also made a thread to urge you to respond. Obviously I didn't want to do this, but since you never replied, and the paypal time limit was approaching, I didn't have a choice.
Not sure what to tell you, but I only see 2 PM in my inbox from you after you received the item one from 3/2/13 asking for refund of differences and that the top piece is warped and you were sending pictures and one from 3/3 asking me whether I got your 3/2/13 message which I obviously got since I did refund the difference. That is all the inter personal communication I've seen from you.

I honestly didn't see the thread because as suspected, I've been relatively inactive on this board due to work and a new born. A better way would have been to email me through my paypal address (which you should have). I would not have a problem with accepting the return of item and giving you a refund. Thanks for the link, nice to know that I left a good impression on some individuals the short time I've been around.

Don't try and "take the high road" because you're a horrible seller and have no integrity. I never asked for an immediate response, but you IGNORED me. You know damn well what you did, so if you're not gonna man up and admit it, whatever. My posts and threads speak for themselves.
I didn't intentionally ignore you, and I didn't realize there was a problem.

In fact I wouldn't have a problem with getting you the refund after all these time if you didn't come at me with all the mud slinging.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
If you are such a man, give him the refund now. Now that its obvious even for a monkey that this is what he wants and you screwed up as a dishonest seller...

CPD SLK: give him a way to give you a refund and keep us all posted...
Old 11-05-2014, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
In fact I wouldn't have a problem with getting you the refund after all these time if you didn't come at me with all the mud slinging.
If I sold you something defective and then disappeared for 6 months would you say nice things or not so nice things about me?

It seems he gave many reasonable attempts to contact you especially considering those means you had responded to in the past.

Regardless, this is a FS thread that will now unlikely lead to a buyer so should be locked and drift into the depths of mbworld.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Good deal on the Quaife. Harder to get now since it's exclusive to one dealer in the UK.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:08 PM

home the point
If I sold you something defective and then disappeared for 6 months would you say nice things or not so nice things about me?

It seems he gave many reasonable attempts to contact you especially considering those means you had responded to in the past.

Regardless, this is a FS thread that will now unlikely lead to a buyer so should be locked and drift into the depths of mbworld.
If I do this type of business for a living then sure, I would expect the outrage. But I'm just another member with a career and home life like you and I can't be expected to revolve my life around this board.

Try to look at things from my perspective:
I sold a brand new item that's still in wrap to him. My fault for not taking the top piece out of wrapping and make sure it's GTG, but I think it's reasonable for me to believe that if it came straight from the manufacturer that it'd be good.

I shipped the item to him then I received two PMs, one telling me the top piece is twisted, he was going to send pictures and he wants me to refund the difference for shipping. And another one a day later asking me whether I received his last PM. While I didn't reply because I was busy with other things, I did refund the difference. If my intention is to cut and run I wouldn't have bothered.

I assumed that refund served as a message to him that I did in fact received his PM. And since that was the ONLY contact I had from him I assumed he was able fix whatever issue he was having. It's my fault for not following up but again, I don't do this for a living and had other priorities at the time. After that there wasn't any more PM or email from him asking for refund.

I come back after things calmed down for me and all of sudden this guy is hurling personal attack at me for a perceived con to steal $300 from him.
Honestly if he didn't go on ballistic on me, I would have refunded his money, but we're well pass that point because I'm not the type of person to turn the other cheek. I'm going to donate the $250 to wounded warrior to show that this whole thing has nothing to do with money.

Here's the last two PMs between me and him:
sent 3/2/13
Hey man

Got the grille today....main grille looks good, but the thin top portion is twisted....I can take a picture, but the right hand side (when looking at it from the front or driver's side when installed on the car) is rotated torsionally if that makes sense...I doubt it will line up when on the car....I will take pictures and sent them to ya...

Also, it only cost $35 to ship, so I'm expecting the $40 in difference from the $75 estimate to be refunded as agreed...

Thx
Ameet
sent 3/3/13
Hey bud

Hope your weekend is going well...just wanted to see if you got the PM I sent ya a cpl days ago...

Best
A

Last edited by cptdaz; 11-05-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:15 PM

home the point
Old 11-05-2014, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
I fully understand both sides. It really is a lose lose situation. Just unfortunately I doubt you will be able to sell the LSD.

side note, I'm not positive but you may want to remove the pm post. Probably goes against forum rules and you guys should go back to pms to settle this.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:47 PM

home the point
I fully understand both sides. It really is a lose lose situation. Just unfortunately I doubt you will be able to sell the LSD.

side note, I'm not positive but you may want to remove the pm post. Probably goes against forum rules and you guys should go back to pms to settle this.
I'm still getting inquiry about it.

But I hear you about the PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
I'm still getting inquiry about it.

But I hear you about the PM.
No worries, and I've been around and seen you here for a while. I'm not digging at you, just playing a little devils advocate.

GLWS on the LSD and GL to figure out the other situation.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
I think the current selling price on a new Quaife in the U.S. is over 2X what the seller here is asking for his.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
I seriously think that the good will to donate to charity to gain credibility is too little too late.

From my understanding, u refunded the extra shipping that u charged to the buyer.. Really? I don't think the buyer needed to ask for this refund. It should be automatic.

Then he obviously wasn't happy about the grill top pc, and u ignore him despite there was a thread calling u out. Really? Hard to believe u didn't see that thread.

This is the reason why I refused to buy from ppl who claim items are BNIB & refused to post pics of the item fitted, or some ppl are even lazy to removed the wrapping to take pics. It shows they are trying to hide imperfections.

Sorry, from a buyer perspective I would be afraid to buy ur LSD in case the fitment is bad or part is missing. Then u don't offer support after sale.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Roswell
I seriously think that the good will to donate to charity to gain credibility is too little too late.

From my understanding, u refunded the extra shipping that u charged to the buyer.. Really? I don't think the buyer needed to ask for this refund. It should be automatic.

Then he obviously wasn't happy about the grill top pc, and u ignore him despite there was a thread calling u out. Really? Hard to believe u didn't see that thread.

This is the reason why I refused to buy from ppl who claim items are BNIB & refused to post pics of the item fitted, or some ppl are even lazy to removed the wrapping to take pics. It shows they are trying to hide imperfections.

Sorry, from a buyer perspective I would be afraid to buy ur LSD in case the fitment is bad or part is missing. Then u don't offer support after sale.
These portray a lot of my sentiments. Thank you. I would have sent the refund for shipping shortly after shipping it since in this case, he knew it cost like half what he had quoted me. But HE DID refund me the money once I asked for it, so that isn't the issue here. I sent him PMs past what he posted on this forum. Also, the PM shows I wasn't going all ape**** or anything. I was polite in my PMs to him. I had no reason not to be. Even my thread was done in the spirit of giving him the benefit of the doubt. At this point it's a he said/he said issue since he claims I never sent him photos or anything. I can take screen shots to show when the pictures were taken showing the damage. Why would I take all these photos, make a thread, and so on, just to not send him subsequent PMs???? Doesn't make sense does it? Nope...because I did.

If I do this type of business for a living then sure, I would expect the outrage. But I'm just another member with a career and home life like you and I can't be expected to revolve my life around this board.

Try to look at things from my perspective:
I sold a brand new item that's still in wrap to him. My fault for not taking the top piece out of wrapping and make sure it's GTG, but I think it's reasonable for me to believe that if it came straight from the manufacturer that it'd be good.

I shipped the item to him then I received two PMs, one telling me the top piece is twisted, he was going to send pictures and he wants me to refund the difference for shipping. And another one a day later asking me whether I received his last PM. While I didn't reply because I was busy with other things, I did refund the difference. If my intention is to cut and run I wouldn't have bothered.

I assumed that refund served as a message to him that I did in fact received his PM. And since that was the ONLY contact I had from him I assumed he was able fix whatever issue he was having. It's my fault for not following up but again, I don't do this for a living and had other priorities at the time. After that there wasn't any more PM or email from him asking for refund.

I come back after things calmed down for me and all of sudden this guy is hurling personal attack at me for a perceived con to steal $300 from him.
Honestly if he didn't go on ballistic on me, I would have refunded his money, but we're well pass that point because I'm not the type of person to turn the other cheek. I'm going to donate the $250 to wounded warrior to show that this whole thing has nothing to do with money.

Here's the last two PMs between me and him:
sent 3/2/13

sent 3/3/13
The fact that you are not a merchant doesn't make what you did okay. Integrity is critical to private sales as well. As mentioned in my response above to Roswell's quote, I sent other PMs. I wouldn't have taken tons of pics and so on just to NOT SEND THEM TO YOU... I didn't hear back after I sent the pictures, and I made the thread...of course, you are AWOL for months...until you have to sell something again. You might have legitimately been busy or whatever, but there is no denying what it looks like on the surface. Also, another coincidence (like your disappearance) was that the piece you didn't take pics of was messed up. At any rate, even the bottom piece was a piece of crap and didn't fit properly.

At any rate, while your donation is a positive, good thing to do; in reality, it has nothing to do with the concern at hand. Like trying to buy back your reputation.

All I wanted to do is to make sure those considering buying your LSD new what I went through and weighed whether it was worth risking your "busy lifestyle" meaning you won't reply to PMs when an issue arises.

Last edited by CPD SLK; 11-06-2014 at 02:17 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS C63 Quaife LSD