C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESS Introducing their SC application for the C63!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Gotta love competition. I wonder how long it will take before Weistec will lower their prices?
Old 01-01-2015, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by itzjonjon69
This was in April 2014

Ummm, where is the intercooler????
Old 01-01-2015, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
Gotta love competition. I wonder how long it will take before Weistec will lower their prices?
Weistec will not need to lower their prices until ESS cars start laying down quicker E/Ts than Weistec cars and prove more reliable than Weistec systems.....and since I am the worlds biggest Weistec fanboy I can personally guarantee that no other tuner will ever hold the MB world record becuase I will just keep throwing money at my CLK and all my other AMGs lol. The only other guy out there giving me a run for my money is Earl and he is Weistec guy too. I beleive Ahmad/Blackbenzz is now a Weistec guy and he is just as dedicated at making an MB go fast as Earl and I. Kleeman has offered a blower for the M156 for nearly two years now and I have seen exactly one forum member with a Kleeman blower so what does that tell everyone.....and Kleeman is a bigger named tuner than ESS.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Weistec will not need to lower their prices until ESS cars start laying down quicker E/Ts than Weistec cars and prove more reliable than Weistec systems.....and since I am the worlds biggest Weistec fanboy I can personally guarantee that no other tuner will ever hold the MB world record becuase I will just keep throwing money at my CLK and all my other AMGs lol. The only other guy out there giving me a run for my money is Earl and he is Weistec guy too. I beleive Ahmad/Blackbenzz is now a Weistec guy and he is just as dedicated at making an MB go fast as Earl and I. Kleeman has offered a blower for the M156 for nearly two years now and I have seen exactly one forum member with a Kleeman blower so what does that tell everyone.....and Kleeman is a bigger named tuner than ESS.
lol lol lol best reply ive read for ages
Old 01-02-2015, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by itzjonjon69
I actually did get a picture of the ESS c63 engine bay but i switch phones so damn often i would have to dig for it on my computer. I also got a ride in the C63 and it was fast, but not 997 turbo fast
must be pretty weak then. I know my stage 2 would blow a 997 turbo away.... from a roll that is, unless i had the slicks on then it could from a stop too.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
mazda rx7
Originally Posted by avery.whss
HMS Performance C63 Black Series Stage 3 - YouTube

wheres HMS?

Their C63 sounds like it was hand created by the devil himself

those shifts are bonkers
Germany

http://www.hms-tuning.de/en/news/100...-black-series/
Old 01-05-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 M3 DCT, 1994 slicktop 2jz swapped 300z

You know HPF had that same thought process before MAXPSI hit the market and broken their record on a E46 m3 using the factory DME and their cheaper in price turbo kit lol.... You spending more money doesn't actually help the brand its hurts it. When you compare the number of people now buying the said car second and third hand after it's out of production looking for more power at less price, the example of look we still have the fastest benz with 4x the amount spent in to it is frowned apon.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Properstyle
You know HPF had that same thought process before MAXPSI hit the market and broken their record on a E46 m3 using the factory DME and their cheaper in price turbo kit lol.... You spending more money doesn't actually help the brand its hurts it. When you compare the number of people now buying the said car second and third hand after it's out of production looking for more power at less price, the example of look we still have the fastest benz with 4x the amount spent in to it is frowned apon.
How long did it take for MAXPSI to hit higher numbers than HPF ?

Nevermind....I found my own answers . Maximumpsi started 6 years after HPF and that's just the opening dates . Who knows how long it took for Maximumpsi to actually do all the r&d and testing to get there . You know what changes in the vehicle industry after 6 years.....almost everything . The new generation of vehicles is usually out in a 6 year span . Why don't you follow Weistec's progress in a 6 year span and see what they do . If you want the best , you have to pay for it .

I get a big kick out of people that complain the pricing of the best product out there and compare it to a not so good quality product with little to no results....or even a good product with less than or no results to the best .

Like jrcart said , look at the sold forced induction products out there for the M156 and see what you come up with . I'm guessing it's about 90% to 10% in Weistec's favor , if not more . The numbers speak for themselves .

Last edited by BAD430BENZ; 01-05-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
Their first kit made higher numbers to start as it was done with the factory ECU while HPF had to use a AEM infinity unit. The next record was broken with in months as they broke HPFs 1/4 mile record on stock DME as well running a 10.4 at 134 mph in 6MT car full weight on ms109 fuel, stock internals, stock compression.
Their E36 has now gone 8s in the 1/4 mile.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:42 PM

I get a big kick out of people that complain the pricing of the best product out there and compare it to a not so good quality product with little to no results....or even a good product with less than or no results to the best .

I don't think anyone complained about price for "best of the best" then again lets look companies like renntech. Now compare their prices for headers to that of MBH which out perform theirs. 8k vs 2800. But renntech is world reknown and respected yet another company has better performing parts for less than a 1/3 of the cost which have yet to be said to have failed.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31

Nevermind....I found my own answers . Maximumpsi started 6 years after HPF and that's just the opening dates . Who knows how long it took for Maximumpsi to actually do all the r&d and testing to get there . You know what changes in the vehicle industry after 6 years.....almost everything . The new generation of vehicles is usually out in a 6 year span . Why don't you follow Weistec's progress in a 6 year span and see what they do . If you want the best , you have to pay for it .

Like jrcart said , look at the sold forced induction products out there for the M156 and see what you come up with . I'm guessing it's about 90% to 10% in Weistec's favor , if not more . The numbers speak for themselves .
There are more factors at play beyond price and performance numbers. For example, look at ADV1 wheels. Who would have thought they'd be where they are after 360 Forged? There is definitely room for competition in this market.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 391 Likes on 190 Posts
C63 AMG
Hit the nail on the head.

I'm still shocked to see some ADV1 wheels being sold for almost 10K a set! If the average customer only knew the history.

As for HPF, are they even around anymore? Last I heard they closed up shop.

I am not a brand fan-boy, I think the general consensus is that there are definitely room for competition in the aftermarket world for our cars.

I will be thrilled to see a new SC option for our cars.

Originally Posted by unruin
There are more factors at play beyond price and performance numbers. For example, look at ADV1 wheels. Who would have thought they'd be where they are after 360 Forged? There is definitely room for competition in this market.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:10 PM

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
Competition is a good thing for consumers
Old 01-06-2015, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts
10 C six trizzle
You spending more money doesn't actually help the brand its hurts it.

Yea jrcart stop spending so much money on your cars for wiestecs r&d budget. I'd love have to pay 100k$ + for a built transmission and supercharger kit. Lets all stop buying performance parts since it will bring prices down - You know basic supply and demand. If there's no demand, the supply of no parts being made will really benefit us all.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by roadtalontsi

Yea jrcart stop spending so much money on your cars for wiestecs r&d budget. I'd love have to pay 100k$ + for a built transmission and supercharger kit. Lets all stop buying performance parts since it will bring prices down - You know basic supply and demand. If there's no demand, the supply of no parts being made will really benefit us all.
Lets stop tryna act like an *** and taking quotes out of context. You know the simple common sense peice. SMH
Old 01-06-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 Coupe, 2014, 507
Healthy competition is good for everyone.

Good health is coming.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by Southways
Healthy competition is good for everyone.

Good health is coming.

when ken lol
Old 01-06-2015, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
What is the basis for the assumption that ESS will actually launch a supercharger for the C63? Is there a press release, announcement, interview or similar? If so, can someone share a link, please?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

.......ok, come talk to me when one of these other AMG tuners gets to within a second of my 1/4 mile E/T......then we can talk.

I don't care how much money I spend on tuning my cars, the million or so dollars I have wrapped up in my three AMGs is simply play money, pocket change if you will. I mod my cars, thats what I do, I have done so since I was 16 years old. Nobody was modding these M156 motors back in 2007 when I started modding my CLK BS, so your logic says I should have waited until the cars hit the used market to start tuning just to save a few bucks???

Sorry bud but if it wasn't for me these cars would still be running 12's.....yes I am taking credit for launching the M156 aftermarket and taking it to another level. The heads of AMG, HWA and MBUSA certainly acknowledge that fact and know who I am and that's why my phone rings and got offered one of the just five 45th Anniversary SLS GT3's, get offered the first SLS BS in the US and one of the first GT-S Edition 1's in the US
Old 01-06-2015, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol, I know, right? I didn't get to your post before I replied to the guy in post above. Is that guying trying to take a cheap shot at me for spending too much on trailblazing this platform? Trust me if I could have logged onto the Summit Racing website and ordered a blower and headers fir $6000 like I could with a Mustang I would have been very happy but unfortunatley that was not an option.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:14 PM

Lol, I know, right? I didn't get to your post before I replied to the guy in post above. Is that guying trying to take a cheap shot at me for spending too much on trailblazing this platform? Trust me if I could have logged onto the Summit Racing website and ordered a blower and headers fir $6000 like I could with a Mustang I would have been very happy but unfortunatley that was not an option.
If I wanted to take a cheap shot at you I would have but since this has to be barney style 1-2-3 I can do that to make it easier to understand since even the renntech example was completely missed clearly.

If you spent 8k on headers, and the next guy spent 3 on headers and his car made the same power yours did, the amount you spent doesn't help promote the brands ability it actually henders it when you look at it.

Simply put, when people look to buy products they look at best bang for the buck, period. Now if you have the money like you do, did, or still do what have you thats great but fact is regardless of what you personally have spent you do not make up the market. (Thats just a fact).

It will always be more impressive to see some do more with less than the other way around. If you want to go as far as to say you spent 150k in your c63, and someone else turns around and makes your numbers or out performs your car with half people are going to look to find out what they did and who they used, thats just how it works. I still can't see how that point was clearly missed.

So what does this mean? when a company comes in later they have had the chance to see what others have done and they can grown on them and find ways to do it better, some times it's cheaper some times it's more expensive but this is what challanges the market. The E46m3 market took off after the e9x car came out, the same is likely to happen with w204 with the entry of the w205. Now all that said the w205 being a turbo application is going make power easier and cheaper than ANY w204 or naturally aspirated benz period.

Last edited by Properstyle; 01-06-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If I wanted to take a cheap shot at you I would have but since this has to be barney style 1-2-3 I can do that to make it easier to understand since even the renntech example was completely missed clearly.

If you spent 8k on headers, and the next guy spent 3 on headers and his car made the same power yours did, the amount you spent doesn't help promote the brands ability it actually henders it when you look at it.

Simply put, when people look to buy products they look at best bang for the buck, period. Now if you have the money like you do, did, or still do what have you thats great but fact is regardless of what you personally have spent you do not make up the market. (Thats just a fact).

It will always be more impressive to see some do more with less than the other way around. If you want to go as far as to say you spent 150k in your c63, and someone else turns around and makes your numbers or out performs your car with half people are going to look to find out what they did and who they used, thats just how it works. I still can't see how that point was clearly missed.

So what does this mean? when a company comes in later they have had the chance to see what others have done and they can grown on them and find ways to do it better, some times it's cheaper some times it's more expensive but this is what challanges the market. The E46m3 market took off after the e9x car came out, the same is likely to happen with w204 with the entry of the w205. Now all that said the w205 being a turbo application is going make power easier and cheaper than ANY w204 or naturally aspirated benz period.
Once again your logic is clearly skewed....if it were that simple there would be more that two M156's in the 9's. If your logic were true someone would have challenged my M156 records. I have had the fasted M156 in the world since late winter/early spring of 2008. The only person to challenge me was my good friend Earl in his Weistec tuned and built CLK BS. So where is all my competion??? You do not have a clue what you are talking about.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:52 PM

Once again your logic is clearly skewed....if it were that simple there would be more that two M156's in the 9's. If your logic were true someone would have challenged my M156 records. I have had the fasted M156 in the world since late winter/early spring of 2008. The only person to challenge me was my good friend Earl in his Weistec tuned and built CLK BS. So where is all my competion??? You do not have a clue what you are talking about.
Dude this is really going over your head, we are not talking about YOUR CAR ALONE. We are talking about another company stepping up to the plate and making a super charger setup for the 156. They doing so will not be compared to your car as 95 percent that purchase from either will not being going to the extent you did. (Keep this in mind)

Here a better view for you

If wiestec's stage one super charger is 12k (just a thrown out number) and the car makes 500 at the wheels. and then ESS manages to do the same for 9k ( another just thrown out number) and make 500 at the wheels.

These two said cars both go out too shows and are advertised, the car with less spent in it making the same performing the same will win more kudos and attention for the brand which in most cases means sales. SO the comment you spending more does not help the brand its hurts it comes in to play. You can continue to dump money in to the car and it perform better and better but too the over all market that doesn't speak higher for the brand. it just meant they have a particular customer who is willing to continue to spend money to go faster. the amount you have spent compared to the average c63 owner boosting the car is what 100k to 30k?

Now on the flip side of the coin, most that compete in drag would not waste their time spending the 100s of thousands to get a benz in the 9s because they do it with 1/4 of that in fox body mustangs and vetts, the sheer cost drives away the want to do so with a benz. This isn't a reality for someone of your stature because you have it to play with.

The last comment was pretty damn funny though, if it wasn't for you the car would still be running 12 yet people are cracking 10s with a small shot of nitrous WITHOUT forced induction lol... the c63 non black series suffers more from lack of suitable tire for the power it has more than it does than for the need of more power.

Last edited by Properstyle; 01-07-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
What trans is in your CLKBS?
Old 01-07-2015, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 C63 Coupe
must be pretty weak then. I know my stage 2 would blow a 997 turbo away.... from a roll that is, unless i had the slicks on then it could from a stop too.
sorry but i've been ruined since working at Evolution Motorsports. When i say 997 fast i'm talking 1000+ hp

i'll just leave this here for you...

Last edited by itzjonjon69; 01-07-2015 at 11:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ESS Introducing their SC application for the C63!