C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Torn b/w carbon fibre options...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 w/APX
Torn b/w carbon fibre options...

Hey guys. Merely looking for opinions on the topic.
I'm currently driving a stock 2012 sedan (P31).
I've been lurking on the board looking for ways to mod (purely cosmetic). I'm thinking adding some CF pieces will get the job done for me.

3 options
1) first choice based on looks is the vorsteiner front lip and skirts. Love the look in pics. Haven't had a chance to see them in person but the comments on the forum lead me to believe the quality is second to none and fitment won't be an issue. Was planning on adding an OEM style diffuser and maybe even the mode bootlid spoiler.
- price is obviously up there and I do daily drive my car, even through winter. Thinking that the lip won't look new for too long, but still considering it.
2) mode carbon everything: like their front lip, diffuser and bootlid spoiler. More cost efficient and again, quality and fitment seem right.
3) there are some replica pieces that mimic the vorsteiner look. Again, haven't seen the pieces in person and I'm sure the weaves may not look as good and maybe fitment isn't as good. I won't have to worry about scraping or rocks slamming into the lip though, as they cost a fraction of the price.

Which route would you go and why?
I can afford any of the three options but I don't want to be stupid about it either. Any positive or negative feedback is appreciated.

I've searched the board through and through. Seen good feedback as well as bad. Really looking for opinions on the three options above.
Oh, my car is magnetite black (I love this colour).

Thanks,
Jag
Old 01-10-2015, 08:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R8, C63, C300
I'd go with #2. Mode Carbon customer service and products are top notch.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
I Mode carbon everything on any car i have. Just saying, Nick and Sam are the **** in this industry. They even arranged a sunday meet up on their day off for me to pick up their HRE's off their project car and i drove up to nyc from Va. They accommodated me when i hit traffic and kept telling them i's arrive at a different time every 30 minutes. Their Cf looks great and fits even better.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:05 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
I have a large fin VFR rear diffuser, I rather like it. Not too pricey either.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:45 PM

2012 C63 w/APX
I can see why so many people are loyal to MC. They seem to have great customer service.

I wish they had side skirts for a facelift sedan. That's the only reason I'm leaning towards vorsteiner for this. I really like the looks of their skirts.

Would most people choose mode over vorsteiner if cost was the same?
Old 01-11-2015, 12:27 PM

2009 040 Black C63, 2009 Arctic White G55, 2012 Storm Red CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by tdotjag
I can see why so many people are loyal to MC. They seem to have great customer service.

I wish they had side skirts for a facelift sedan. That's the only reason I'm leaning towards vorsteiner for this. I really like the looks of their skirts.

I personally would choose Mode Carbon over vorsteiner if price was the same. I have Mode parts on my car and my good friend has a vorsteiner trunk lid on his. His piece had clear coat issues after just a year and was wearing off on some spots which looked really bad for a piece that you pay so much for. This is unacceptable imo. As others has stated they also have by far the best customer service out there. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:39 PM

2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by tdotjag

Have you seen the revozsport sideskirts/aprons with the MC kit? The ebay knockoffs go for 750 a set skirt+aprons and they look killer with the full MC kit. The Ebay ones are also very good quality and fit amazing. My car has the full MC kit with ebay sideskirts/aprons, you can check my thread and see how it looks.

Edit: Made it easier and posted the pictures.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
There is nothing wrong with some of the replica or "off-brands" offered. And for the savings in money, so are kind of hard to pass up. I personally have not used Mode of Vors for any of my pieces and have been very happy. I am on my 3rd modded C63 and have used JLMotoring for all of my pieces. All of them have fit nicely, no extra modifications required, I have heard others have been slightly off. But mine have been great. Easy install and the finishes have been nice as well. I am not affiliated w/them by in any way, shape, or fashion. And I get nothing for recommending them. Just giving you my input. For the money spent, I think that they are unbeatable and the way to go. Those other companies were just too rich for my wallet for some cosmetic add-ons. Performance, I'll shell out the bucks. But for some of these CF pieces, give JL a look. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I have had:

2 front lips
1 rear roof spoiler
5 diffusers

All pieces either left with the car I gave up or I replaced with a different style.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:51 PM

2012 C63 w/APX
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
Have you seen the revozsport sideskirts/aprons with the MC kit? The ebay knockoffs go for 750 a set skirt+aprons and they look killer with the full MC kit. The Ebay ones are also very good quality and fit amazing. My car has the full MC kit with ebay sideskirts/aprons, you can check my thread and see how it looks.

Edit: Made it easier and posted the pictures.

Thanks for the feedback. Your car looks ridiculously good. Kind of makes me wish I went with the coupe. I find the MC kit looks amazing on the coupe. Looks good on the sedan too, but looks even better on the coupe. I think I saw those skirts on the forum, just wasn't too sure about the weave (never saw any close ups). Do they match the OEM weave?
Again, you car is definitely one of the best looking coupes I've seen...period.
Enjoy it!!!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:52 PM

2012 C63 w/APX
Originally Posted by ChrisD63
I personally would choose Mode Carbon over vorsteiner if price was the same. I have Mode parts on my car and my good friend has a vorsteiner trunk lid on his. His piece had clear coat issues after just a year and was wearing off on some spots which looked really bad for a piece that you pay so much for. This is unacceptable imo. As others has stated they also have by far the best customer service out there. Good luck!
Interesting...never heard of any quality issues with vorsteiner. Something to definitely consider, especially considering the cost associated with them. Thanks for the input
Old 01-11-2015, 09:54 PM

2012 C63 w/APX
Originally Posted by jordanaf
There is nothing wrong with some of the replica or "off-brands" offered. And for the savings in money, so are kind of hard to pass up. I personally have not used Mode of Vors for any of my pieces and have been very happy. I am on my 3rd modded C63 and have used JLMotoring for all of my pieces. All of them have fit nicely, no extra modifications required, I have heard others have been slightly off. But mine have been great. Easy install and the finishes have been nice as well. I am not affiliated w/them by in any way, shape, or fashion. And I get nothing for recommending them. Just giving you my input. For the money spent, I think that they are unbeatable and the way to go. Those other companies were just too rich for my wallet for some cosmetic add-ons. Performance, I'll shell out the bucks. But for some of these CF pieces, give JL a look. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I have had:

2 front lips
1 rear roof spoiler
5 diffusers

All pieces either left with the car I gave up or I replaced with a different style.
I'll give JL a look. Thanks