My Kinda Mild Build Thread - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
My Kinda Mild Build Thread >

My Kinda Mild Build Thread

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Kinda Mild Build Thread

 
Old 03-20-2015, 12:01 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
My Kinda Mild Build Thread

Welp, I've been lurking the forums for quite some time. I finally decided to take the dive and snag this 2012 C63. I was surprised that it only had a little over 12,000 miles! I have some special bits coming in from Germany which I will share once I get them in my grubby little hands. The car is being shipped from NY and should arrive in about two weeks. So we'll have to see which one makes it first.












Below are some of the cars I've played with in the past. These are from 2002-2010. Then I went thru the "F*$% this non-sense!" and went stock up until now. My car bug has come back in a very big way, so we'll see what comes out of this little round of flushing my money down the toilet.


CHEERS!

Very Mild mod on this one. Although, I did mix it up a little bit with new beetle headrests and an OEM euro trunk.



This little gremlin had a TyrolSport Stage III kit on it. I was putting down around 300HP/290TQ to the wheels. Really fun car but I was working on it almost every weekend to keep the CEL's away.



All show and a little bit of go. I had a 2.0 ABA block in this little thing. A lot of rare, hard to find euro bits on this one.



This is where I got lazy and left this one stock.
561design is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 12:22 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ZephyrAMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Relocated
Posts: 3,806
Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Congrats and welcome...Enjoy in good health.

I love Cops Burgers and Alterra Coffee
ZephyrAMG is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 12:31 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
JeffDL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63
that mk1 truck would be in my life forever.
JeffDL is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 12:58 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
johnny--2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 663
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2016 ATS-V
Welcome and congrats! I see you're from Milwaukee too! I grew up there and was there until just a few years ago before moving to Dallas. I still miss that city, as evidenced by the 9 visits back in the past 3 years!
johnny--2k is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 02:20 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,215
Thanked 208 Times in 160 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Welcome and congrats, 2012 with a little over 12k miles is a really good find (hoping the price was too ). Looking forward to see the mods!
INS1GNIA is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 03:58 PM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA View Post
Welcome and congrats, 2012 with a little over 12k miles is a really good find (hoping the price was too ). Looking forward to see the mods!


Thanks All! Yes, the price was pretty competitive based on what they've (similar miles/options) been going for the past couple months. I've been tracking values of these cars for about 9 months now and I felt this was a reasonable price for what it had to offer. I have black matte badges and a Eurocharged tune on a MyGenius on the way as well.


I'm super excited for the parts coming from Germany as they were very difficult to source. Looking forward to sharing that stuff with you guys once they come in.
561design is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 03:59 PM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Originally Posted by johnny--2k View Post
Welcome and congrats! I see you're from Milwaukee too! I grew up there and was there until just a few years ago before moving to Dallas. I still miss that city, as evidenced by the 9 visits back in the past 3 years!


I've been here for about 4 years and it's still growing on me very slowly. Still not a fan but I could be living in worse areas.
561design is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 03:40 PM
  #8  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63


Matte black badges are in! Based on a few threads I opted to buy the black badges as opposed to plasti-dipping them. I'll post process photos once I mount them. I plan on painting the grill matte black. Currently looking into more durable options that plasti-dip. If you guys have experience with that. Please post it up.


I ended up buying the badges from chromecarletters.com in case anyone is interested.
561design is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 04:31 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,575
Thanked 306 Times in 225 Posts
'10 C63
You should have got the AMG badge for a CLA45. The one you bought is a preFL car. The A is different. Sorry...now I ruined it for you.
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 04:38 PM
  #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 View Post
You should have got the AMG badge for a CLA45. The one you bought is a preFL car. The A is different. Sorry...now I ruined it for you.


DAMNIT!


Back on the hunt for the correct AMG badge. Thanks for catching that though!
561design is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 05:09 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,215
Thanked 208 Times in 160 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
If looking to black out that chrome piece around your front DRL's, you can paint them or actually order the part, taken from another thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-grille-2.html
When you do the search, don't include the "A" and use a site like getmercedesparts.com or similar for better prices than the stealership.

507 DRL Trim - driver side: A 204 885 37 74
507 DRL Trim - passenger side: A 204 885 38 74

Though a bit pricey still over the conventional plasti dip, I think it's worth it.
INS1GNIA is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 05:21 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
A V8
did you get this car from manheim?
solekeeper is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 05:56 PM
  #13  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA View Post
If looking to black out that chrome piece around your front DRL's, you can paint them or actually order the part, taken from another thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-grille-2.html
When you do the search, don't include the "A" and use a site like getmercedesparts.com or similar for better prices than the stealership.

507 DRL Trim - driver side: A 204 885 37 74
507 DRL Trim - passenger side: A 204 885 38 74

Though a bit pricey still over the conventional plasti dip, I think it's worth it.


Thanks! Those were the next set of parts I was looking to tackle. I'm trying to paint as little as possible with this build.


Chris- I re-ordered the correct AMG badge this time.
561design is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 06:03 PM
  #14  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Originally Posted by solekeeper View Post
did you get this car from manheim?


Nope, I got the car from European Automobile Company. I found the car thru Cars.com and got in contact with Matt Semon who works at EAC. He was very polite and took the time to answer all questions I had about the vehicle. I did as much research about the company as I could and came back with an overall good impression of the company minus a few bad experiences that are floating around out there. I got a PPI done at a shop near by since I'm not able to see the car in person and we negotiated a price based on the feedback from the PPI.


After purchase, Matt has been a little less responsive in assisting with transport, etc. But I believe that's normal since he's moving onto the next sale. Lately, I've been working with Marsha who helped to finalize the purchase and get the title in my possession. She's appears to be equally responsive to which I assume they're just busy. Overall, everyone has been polite and providing services as agreed.


I'm still awaiting receipt of the vehicle as it is currently in transit from NY to WI. So we'll see if the vehicle is as described. This is my first time purchasing a car sight unseen so I'm a little anxious to get it in my possession and insure it's in proper order.
561design is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 07:25 PM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,575
Thanked 306 Times in 225 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
DAMNIT!


Back on the hunt for the correct AMG badge. Thanks for catching that though!
Yeah if you type "CLA 45 AMG" into amazon you should be able to find it pretty easily.
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 08:46 PM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
A V8
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
Nope, I got the car from European Automobile Company. I found the car thru Cars.com and got in contact with Matt Semon who works at EAC. He was very polite and took the time to answer all questions I had about the vehicle. I did as much research about the company as I could and came back with an overall good impression of the company minus a few bad experiences that are floating around out there. I got a PPI done at a shop near by since I'm not able to see the car in person and we negotiated a price based on the feedback from the PPI.


After purchase, Matt has been a little less responsive in assisting with transport, etc. But I believe that's normal since he's moving onto the next sale. Lately, I've been working with Marsha who helped to finalize the purchase and get the title in my possession. She's appears to be equally responsive to which I assume they're just busy. Overall, everyone has been polite and providing services as agreed.


I'm still awaiting receipt of the vehicle as it is currently in transit from NY to WI. So we'll see if the vehicle is as described. This is my first time purchasing a car sight unseen so I'm a little anxious to get it in my possession and insure it's in proper order.

sweet, hope all turns out well.

the pics look just like ones from the auction, so i was curious. i wish i could have gotten white.
solekeeper is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 10:14 PM
  #17  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Originally Posted by solekeeper View Post
sweet, hope all turns out well.

the pics look just like ones from the auction, so i was curious. i wish i could have gotten white.
Interesting, I'm curious now if it is the same one you saw. You still able to access the info on it?
561design is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 11:07 PM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
A V8
interestingly enough, it's no longer on the auction site.

if you want, pm me the vin. but if it wasn't sold through the auction it won't show up.


i hope i didn't alarm you, lol. it's no big deal.
solekeeper is offline  
Old 03-25-2015, 08:15 PM
  #19  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63


Eurocharged tune is in! Just waiting for the... Car... Minor details, minor details.
561design is offline  
Old 03-30-2015, 11:56 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Silversun262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: So Cal
Posts: 282
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
2015 S550 (SOLD), 2013 C63, 2005 R6 Track Bike
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
DAMNIT!


Back on the hunt for the correct AMG badge. Thanks for catching that though!

Hey, I fell victim to the same bogus AMG badge. Did you find the correct bage wit the correct"A"?

Thanks
Silversun262 is offline  
Old 03-31-2015, 12:04 AM
  #21  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Originally Posted by Silversun262 View Post
Hey, I fell victim to the same bogus AMG badge. Did you find the correct bage wit the correct"A"?

Thanks

Yes, initially I couldn't find it thru the Amazon recommendation. So I ended up shuffling thru a series of E-Bay badges looking very carefully at the "A". It came in yesterday and looks good.


I just went thru MyGenius and stumbled thru updating the software and device. It locked up on me at one point and I just kept updating until everything seemed to go thru. I guess we'll see when I try to pull the ID file. I hope that process is a little more obvious than what I just went thru.


Still waiting on the car though. It's sitting in a DAS lot in NJ/NY waiting for other cars to head my way so it can get loaded up and shipped. In the meantime, I'm just ordering parts out the ying yang.
561design is offline  
Old 04-05-2015, 05:52 PM
  #22  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63

Got the 3M dry carbon fiber di-noc vinyl film in. I'll be applying this to the interior panels and possibly the rear backs of the front seats.
561design is offline  
Old 04-06-2015, 01:45 AM
  #23  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,215
Thanked 208 Times in 160 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Patience is key....that stuff can be annoying if you get the tiniest air bubble.
INS1GNIA is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 05:16 PM
  #24  
Member
Thread Starter
 
561design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
Just putting this here so I can have everything in one thread.


It has taken about 2 months and a lot of begging to get these into the US. But, they're finally here! I was able to work with one of the guys from HMS and Endless Autosport here in Milwaukee to get them imported. I still need to order the wheels and suspension setup, so it'll take some time before I get these installed.


My humps... My humps... My lovely HMS humps! Mmmmm, some hips...

Very well packaged!

All done in just 4 easy steps!




Very impressed with the construction of these pieces.
561design is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 06:41 PM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,965
Thanked 200 Times in 170 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2003 1500 HD Silverado;2015 GLA 250 (wife's)
Way to go!

Your the first person I have heard of talking HMS into releasing those for install outside of their facility.

Last edited by Mort; 04-20-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Mort is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Kinda Mild Build Thread


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: