C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

High Flow Cats

Old 03-23-2015, 01:41 AM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
High Flow Cats

I'm looking for a exhaust set up that's louder then my current set up (secondary cats and resonator replaced with straights) but not over the top like long tube headers, has anyone installed a set of high flow cats for the primaries instead of a full header set up? Saw some nice looking MBH high flow cats and Weistec's cats but would the sound level increase dramatically? And would it trigger the CEL? I read somewhere that if you just swap out the primary cats for the high flow ones with the stock exhaust it shouldn't trigger it but if u had a straight pipe set up it would set it off due to the lack of back pressure, not sure if it's true.

thanks guys
Old 03-23-2015, 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
This is not a bad idea actually, I was thinking the same before doing my LTH's.

To be honest aside from picking up a few extra ponies, you may not get all the sound you want from High Flow cats. Yes they help resonate the sound a bit, but it should still sound similar sounding compared to your stock setup.

Originally Posted by izzy63
I'm looking for a exhaust set up that's louder then my current set up (secondary cats and resonator replaced with straights) but not over the top like long tube headers, has anyone installed a set of high flow cats for the primaries instead of a full header set up? Saw some nice looking MBH high flow cats and Weistec's cats but would the sound level increase dramatically? And would it trigger the CEL? I read somewhere that if you just swap out the primary cats for the high flow ones with the stock exhaust it shouldn't trigger it but if u had a straight pipe set up it would set it off due to the lack of back pressure, not sure if it's true.

thanks guys