C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Front lip spoiler removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
Front lip spoiler removal

I want to carbon wrap my front lip spoiler. To do the best job I want to remove it. I can't find any instructions on how to remove it.

Looking underneath there seems to be 4 attachment points. Is it simply a case of removing these or does the bumper have to come off for access ?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 04-02-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S, 2004 S4, 2001 S4 Avant
I am hoping to do this in my garage, but getting underneath seems to be the minimum, if not removing the bumper. Thread I found from earlier:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...12-bumper.html
Old 04-02-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320 Coupe | 2002 IS300
The factory lip comes off with 8 plastic pop style clips. Four on the bottom are easily accessible from under the car as you already noted. Having one side or the entire front end jacked up makes it easier esp. if your car is lowered although I did it without raising the car. After you get the bottoms off you will need to take the top clips off. They are on the other side of the bottom grille. You can pop two off by sticking a flathead screwdriver past the grill since it's too tight for finger access. There are two on either end which are under what looks like the parking sensor boxes. Remove the bottom splash guard which takes a bunch of 8mm silver bolts (approx 14). Once thats down you can pop the clips off from under the car. Clean the surface and go in reverse order for re-installing the plastic clips on your CF wrap and enjoy!