A Forgestar Customer Service Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
A Forgestar Customer Service Experience

I had some issues with bottoming out on the rear 19x10 CF5V's. Although considerable time had elapsed since the original purchase I drove over to Forgestar last Wed after first taking the car down to ACG for a look-see to determine if the offsets had been in fact delivered as spec'd. (I had purchased a third rear and compared to each other it appeared to me the offsets were different). I met up at Forgestar with Vince and Ace and we agreed that I would take the "offending" wheel off and bring it to Forgestar on Fri. Come Fri morning I decided to bring in the other rear also, so I had both of the original rears with me.

I spoke to Ace and mentioned I had the third wheel with me also but we agreed to postpone any action to be taken until later. The priority would be to get the other wheel back on my car, same day. He told me that they would measure the wheel and then send it out for dismounting, over to the shop for machining, pick it up for remounting and balancing at the tire store and then bring it back to Forgestar. Sending the wheel out equals considerable time and money so I was particularly appreciative since I was tying up one of the guys for a good portion of the day running my wheel between shops.

When I got back in the afternoon Ace told me the wheel was finished and that he had instructed someone to stay with it during tire remounting to ensure that the job would be completed in a timely fashion and I could get going by 4:30. To my (pleasant) surprise he told me that the other wheel had been done also, everything being no charge to me. I simply cannot think of anything else Vince and Ace could have done to make this a more satisfactory experience so huge thanks to Forgestar for the world-class service! Great bunch of guys there...

One other thing about Forgestar. Just hanging out in the lobby I was struck by a few things as I heard snippets of office conversation. First, these guys really care about quality. I have a newfound appreciation for their commitment to bringing a superior product to the marketplace. Also, just seeing pallets of wheels awaiting final finishing and the related logistics gives me a better understanding of the value equation. Sure, one could get their new wheels two or three weeks sooner but the price would be substantially higher.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Interesting! At least one happy customer! Not many of them out there.
It is also good to know quality is part of their commitment.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
None for now
Nice!
Old 04-07-2015, 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Nice to hear u got a good experience Bart.

But on the other hand, this story is quiet disturbing. Walk-ins seems to get priority while some ppl sending their rims in waits months to get their wheels repaired or refinished.

Well, I would be very pissed to read this if I was waiting for my wheel to be repaired. Just my point of view though.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Originally Posted by Roswell
Nice to hear u got a good experience Bart.

But on the other hand, this story is quiet disturbing. Walk-ins seems to get priority while some ppl sending their rims in waits months to get their wheels repaired or refinished.

Well, I would be very pissed to read this if I was waiting for my wheel to be repaired. Just my point of view though.
Trust me... Bart unfortunately had a lengthy waiting period but I think we are all glad this is now settled and behind us.

Thanks for sharing Bart and kudos to the boys at Forgestar for stepping up!