RHD headers - Australia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by Magno507
I understand bro. But blower kits + everything else would be atleast 20k + ? correct me if im wrong??? Will do.
Call sonny at autowerks, tell him Harun said to call and ask about the stage 2 set up he has that a customer is selling. Instead of buying the exhaust for not much more you could have a stage 2 fitted
Old 06-21-2015, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
give weistec a buzz and price it up it doesnt hurt
and you dont need headers for a stage 1 blower setup

PS it also comes with a tune so your saving costs there already

just price it and see make your decision after you speak to weistec
Old 06-21-2015, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
^^^exactly H
Old 06-21-2015, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 c63s edition 1 coupe
Cheers boys
Old 06-21-2015, 09:41 PM
evd

09 C63 Estate
lol maybe money is no object if you consider 8k on an exhaust setup...blower would be def more fun though and what is another 5k as brad said haha
Old 06-22-2015, 01:25 AM

AMG
Cheers boys
He finally sees the light! LOL
Old 06-22-2015, 04:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Lots of different options with lots of different outcomes.

It really comes down to what you want from the car. The power output difference between all the headers mentioned are bugger all. The power difference between an Stage 1 blower and full exhaust/headers is ~50atwkw. The price difference even at $8k for a exhaust, is at least $5k, I would say more. You are looking at $3-4k install including fluids. Remember the AUD is ****, so a USD$13k system is more like $17k AUD landed, with no GST.

I would listen to some exhausts first, shop around and start with an exhaust and LSD if you car doesn't have one. You will enjoy that much more than a blower straight off the bat.

Don't get me wrong, if you love power then grab a blower, you will love it, but you will end up with an exhaust if you go down that path because the blower loves a free-flowing exhaust, and you would be crazy to get a blower without it.

Just my 2c.

Charlie
Old 06-22-2015, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by RawBenz
He finally sees the light! LOL
Na mate no light from you lol.. all I see from your threads/posts is problems with you car :|.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:32 AM

AMG
I don't have an AMG lol.
So all you may see is problems from my brother's M156 lol

The only one here with the problem, is someone who is willing to pay $8200AU for a set of headers that can be landed in AU for $3500 LMFAO.

And.. FYI yes, i did have a C63, yes it had a blower, yes it made over 400kw @ wheels and yes my number plates were MEOCG (they've now been confiscated) Ask around... a lot of people know the car.

I don't know much about N/A systems and headers as when i had MY C63 at the time, i bought the whole kit (headers, blower, etc) i paid, picked up the car in 4 weeks. Had it for a few months, sold it and now i drive a Conti GTS
BUT what i do know.. is any gronk willing to pay $8200k for a set of headers, is exactly that.. a gronk.

Now my brother is building an NA C63 from scratch. His plan is to try and aim for similar numbers to that of RNS-11Z as his is the fastest C63 in Australia running 11.5 with DPE headers with plenty more left in it. DPE headers - $1695 and he's got the fastest C63 in Aus, what does that tell you? It says that you're still a gronk.

Last edited by RawBenz; 06-23-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:56 AM

I don't have an AMG lol.
So all you may see is problems from my brother's M156 lol

The only one here with the problem, is someone who is willing to pay $8200AU for a set of headers that can be landed in AU for $3500 LMFAO.

And.. FYI yes, i did have a C63, yes it had a blower, yes it made over 400kw @ wheels and yes my number plates were MEOCG (they've now been confiscated) Ask around... a lot of people know the car.

I know don't know much about N/A systems and headers as when i had MY C63 at the time, i bought the whole kit (headers, blower, etc) i paid, picked up the car in 4 weeks. Had it for a few months, sold it and now i drive a Conti GTS
BUT what i do know.. is any gronk willing to pay $8200k for a set of headers, is exactly that.. a gronk.

Now my brother is building an NA C63 from scratch. His plan is to try and aim for similar numbers to that of RNS-11Z as his is the fastest C63 in Australia running 11.5 with DPE headers with plenty more left in it. DPE headers - $1695 and he's got the fastest C63 in Aus, what does that tell you? It says that you're still a gronk.

lol leave it be if i pay 8k for headers so be it dont no need to get so worked up .. those plates are red hot lol im assuming you would get pulled over every second
Old 06-23-2015, 02:04 AM

AMG
lol leave it be if i pay 8k for headers so be it dont no need to get so worked up .. those plates are red hot lol im assuming you would get pulled over every second
Plates are long gone.
So is the car.

Now i drive the most boring car in the world, it's a **** factor just cause it's a Conti, it's not a very fun car the novelty wears off after a month. Hence why i'm really trying to get my brother's car with a good setup so i can have some fun in a C63 from time to time.

Yes, it's your prerogative to pay $8200k for headers, BUT we were just trying to help you out by giving you some advice.

If it were me, i'd go for either IPE/DPE and LSD if you don't have one, OE/Eurocharged Tune (speak to brad about that he has an OE tune and highly recommends it) or even get a custom EVOTECH tune (that's quite an aggressive tune)

Why pay $8200k for a header setup when you can pay $5k for a full IPE system (headers/pipes/mufflers/tips/valvetronic) and still have money to play with for a Wavetrac LSD, Tune etc.

That's all we're saying.

Charliekay also summed it up.

Last edited by RawBenz; 06-23-2015 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:11 AM

Plates are long gone.
So is the car.

Now i drive the most boring car in the world, it's a **** factor just cause it's a Conti, it's not a very fun car the novelty wears off after a month. Hence why i'm really trying to get my brother's car with a good setup so i can have some fun in a C63 from time to time.

Yes, it's your prerogative to pay $8200k for headers, BUT we were just trying to help you out by giving you some advice.

If it were me, i'd go for either IPE/DPE and LSD if you don't have one, OE/Eurocharged Tune (speak to brad about that he has an OE tune and highly recommends it) or even get a custom EVOTECH tune (that's quite an aggressive tune)

Why pay $8200k for a header setup when you can pay $5k for a full IPE system and still have money to play with for a Wavetrac LSD, Tune etc.

That's all we're saying.

Charliekay also summed it up.
Completely understand and I appreciate you guys trying to help I still have some time to think about it (car has only done 1,000kms lol) I also have factory LSD .. what made you choose the Conti ?? plenty of cars around that $$ to choose from
Old 06-23-2015, 02:18 AM

AMG
Wow.. it's still brand new!
LSD is an excellent option to have that should've been standard on a 180k car lol.

That's cool, there's just a heap of options out there that you can mix and match. With 8k you could really set your car up to be a street machine.

I highly recommend EVOTECH at International Autohaus for an aggressive tune. His tunes are custom and he can do anything from removing ECO mode on startup to even giving you a custom transmission tune (one of the only people in Australia who can do that). Allen does spend a lot of time with Weistec in U.S and Mideast so he knows his ****. He does a lot of the boys Ferrari's, Bentley's etc. If you want big power go to Allen.

Nothing against Allen, cause that's where most of us go but... 8k for headers or 8k for a heap of mods. I'd go the latter.

If you want to stick to NA and build an NA beast.... 8-10k will get you that.

Headers and Exhaust
Tune
Filters
Suspension and Tyre setup

You'd be good competition for RNS-11Z

I chose the conti because it came up at a mate's dealership and i bought it at a fraction of the price. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful car, but it gets boring. I'll be changing up soon. SL65 Black series would be great so hit me up if anyone in Australia is selling one.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 AMG C63 Coupe 507
I concur. My 507 coupe made 485rwhp on 98 unleaded with just tune and DPE headers with hollowed out cats. With sticky tyres and the factory LSD it was a barn stormer and regularly frightened a particular chipped GTR with big bore exhaust. I had the DPE headers hand finished around the ports then coated. Sounded awesome and I miss it