MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Akrapovic exhaust it's a good idea? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/592031-akrapovic-exhaust-its-good-idea.html)

Emkovich 07-07-2015 03:09 AM

Akrapovic exhaust it's a good idea?

Hi everybody! I think install Akrapovic slip-on for my C63 PP. Tell me please it's a good idea ?! As it sounds? I love akrapovic exhaust! I bought this brand for all my bikes, but i look sound in youtube on C63 - sound is not clear! :nix: Advise as to me to be ?! All peace! :wavey:

Conv_GSDriver 07-07-2015 08:28 AM

Well as you should know, a sound clip on the interwebs does not do justice most of the time to the actual sound in person. You already mentioned you get those for your bikes, so you know what you are getting as far as the quality, fitment, sound and performance. Yes it sounds great and gives the car a deeper tone. Combine that with a tune and the exhaust note will be even better.

Emkovich 07-07-2015 10:45 AM

Sound of Akrapovic is better than the stock exhaust ???
If i install the Akrapovic slip-on and delete the second cats in OEM exhaust i get the same system as the Evolution from Akrapovic but not titanium, right?

AMG893 07-07-2015 10:56 AM

Essentially yes, but still the Akra is larger diameter i think?

Anyhow, my friend here had an Akra on his C63 before he sold it, and it sounds insane. Nice and deep low sound, while still maintaining the AMG bark.

Go for it!

Conv_GSDriver 07-07-2015 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Emkovich (Post 6489071)
Sound of Akrapovic is better than the stock exhaust ???
If i install the Akrapovic slip-on and delete the second cats in OEM exhaust i get the same system as the Evolution from Akrapovic but not titanium, right?

essentially yes, you can delete the secondary cats in multiple ways, h-pipe, x-pipe, but if the $$ isn't an issue, if I were you I would do the full akrapovic exhaust.

CarHopper 07-07-2015 02:13 PM

The ONLY advantage to the akra system is weight savings. Unless you're trying to make your car quieter and spend $5k to do that.

Not worth it. Want better sound? Secondary cat / resonator delete.

/Thread.

Emkovich 07-07-2015 03:33 PM

If the Secondary cat / resonator delete and put the Akrapovic slip-on sound will be good?!

Wobble64 07-07-2015 06:41 PM

I have long tube headers, no cats and an Akrapovic slip-on. I am very happy with the sound - not too loud, but the deep authoritative AMG rumble that I had lost due to the header install is now back.

I love it!

dubzAMG 07-07-2015 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble64 (Post 6489563)
I have long tube headers, no cats and an Akrapovic slip-on. I am very happy with the sound - not too loud, but the deep authoritative AMG rumble that I had lost due to the header install is now back.

I love it!

Same here. Akrapovic gives it a nice deep low v8 tone.

roadtalontsi 07-08-2015 11:57 PM

the akra exhaust gives the car a unique sound. Id say its comparable to stock volume at low throttle and normal driving. Get on it and it's way louder but not jail time loud. Now if you delete the cats or run long tubes with stock mufflers the 63 sounds horribly loud all the time, jail time loud under full throttle. It will also sounds horribly raspy and make loud pops which to me is awful and ruins an 80k$ luxury car.

Emkovich 07-09-2015 03:20 AM

I think delete the second cats and install Akra slip-on. I hope the sound to be is good!
How properly delete the second cats? Put straight pipe or open and clear oem cats?!

180sx 07-09-2015 04:08 AM

I DID second cats and Akra slip-on. LOVE it. i have purchased Mike H pipe and helpfully to install it with nice headers to have the complete exhaust system

Emkovich 07-09-2015 04:21 AM

Do you have photos how you made the central part?!