C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

c63 transmission problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
c63 transmission problem

Hi folks, I'm experiencing some transmission problem. In comfort mode, no matter how hard I press the gas pedal, it will shift up to next gear at around 2000rpm. In sport and sport+ mode, no matter what rpm I'm at to pull the upshift shifter, car won't shift up until red line.

Does anyone has this experience? Anybody know if a transmission rest will solve the problem and how to rest transmission? Also when I reset it, is my tune going to be rest to factory as well? Right now I have the eurocharged v5 tune. Car is 2014.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 Amg
Originally Posted by PaoPao
Hi folks, I'm experiencing some transmission problem. In comfort mode, no matter how hard I press the gas pedal, it will shift up to next gear at around 2000rpm. In sport and sport+ mode, no matter what rpm I'm at to pull the upshift shifter, car won't shift up until red line.

Does anyone has this experience? Anybody know if a transmission rest will solve the problem and how to rest transmission? Also when I reset it, is my tune going to be rest to factory as well? Right now I have the eurocharged v5 tune. Car is 2014.

Any help will be appreciated.
I can help with the tune question. Even if it does reset to stock, if you have the handheld MyGenius you can hookitup and reload the tune again with no issues. That's what great about a tune that does not open up the ECU compared to others that you would need to resend it out in the mail.
10min vs 2 days no car!

If you have questions on how to do it, just call EC and they will to help you.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
Can you teach me how to reset?
thanks!
Originally Posted by Ihopaz
I can help with the tune question. Even if it does reset to stock, if you have the handheld MyGenius you can hookitup and reload the tune again with no issues. That's what great about a tune that does not open up the ECU compared to others that you would need to resend it out in the mail.
10min vs 2 days no car!

If you have questions on how to do it, just call EC and they will to help you.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
c63 transmission problem

There's a thread on here about it. I personally forget the exact procedure, but it involves turning the key, pushing the gas pedal and waiting for a minute or so.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite
Please reset your TCU (transmission control unit) and then try to drive agressive in S/M mode!

You should hear many blips/Pops/crackles when your car shifts down now.

The procedure to reset the ECU is as follows;

1. Turn the igniiton key to the "on" position which is just before you crank the engine to start.

2. Press the accelerator to the floor and hold for 5 seconds.

3. Then turn the key to the off position but do not remove the key, then release the accelerator.

4. Wait at least 2 minutes, the ECU is then reset.

5. ECU is now reset and you are ready to get new rear tyres.

The ECU rest procedure only erases the adaptive transmission and throttle settings. It does not erase any of the fuel, timing or other programming.

Read more: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...#ixzz3TDlcoZir
There ya go.
The following users liked this post:
JustAVan (08-25-2020)
Old 07-21-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
Please reset your TCU (transmission control unit) and then try to drive agressive in S/M mode!

You should hear many blips/Pops/crackles when your car shifts down now.

The procedure to reset the ECU is as follows;

1. Turn the igniiton key to the "on" position which is just before you crank the engine to start.

2. Press the accelerator to the floor and hold for 5 seconds.

3. Then turn the key to the off position but do not remove the key, then release the accelerator.

4. Wait at least 2 minutes, the ECU is then reset.

5. ECU is now reset and you are ready to get new rear tyres.

The ECU rest procedure only erases the adaptive transmission and throttle settings. It does not erase any of the fuel, timing or other programming.

Read more: Easiest way to reset my ECU
Bumping this thread: anyone have an idea how long I need to drive aggressively for the new adaptation to be "set"?
Old 07-21-2016, 12:56 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
someone correct me if i'm wrong...from what i recall, the throttle and transmission will revert back to defaults which means it will shift faster and more aggressively. the more you drive the car the easier it will learn how to shift slower and softer learning when and how you use your throttle. essentially to save gas and give you a luxurious ride.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 07-21-2016, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by hachiroku
someone correct me if i'm wrong...from what i recall, the throttle and transmission will revert back to defaults which means it will shift faster and more aggressively. the more you drive the car the easier it will learn how to shift slower and softer learning when and how you use your throttle. essentially to save gas and give you a luxurious ride.
Pretty much. Reality for most of us is we spend more time slugging it out in traffic than we do dropping the hammer, so it adjusts accordingly.

I think people have had mixed results with this method.
Other method to this is to just unhook your battery for half an hour.

Important note: DRIVE THE SNOT OUT OF IT AFTER RESETTING.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Originally Posted by PaoPao
Also when I reset it, is my tune going to be rest to factory as well? Right now I have the eurocharged v5 tune. Car is 2014
Reset procedure described above will not have any impact on your V5 tune - it'll be just fine.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
I have the opposite where in C it will shift at a little bit higher points than in S. S+ it works as it should.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
The adaptive transmission is the worst thing about the C63. ugh. As Forrest Gump would say, "flooring the throttle is like a box of chocolates, you never know what (gear) you're going to get."