C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Suspension for C63.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stage 3 C63 Coupe
Suspension for C63.

So i'm wanting to lower my C63, but i don't want to affect the handling performance of it. Has anyone done just lowering springs without negatively affecting how the car handles? Would it be noticeably better to do koni yellows and H&R springs together? Thanks.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:37 AM

2013 C63 P31 coupe
I don't see how lowering would decrease the handling performance...? I'm on V3s 1.5" drop all around and the difference is night and day.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:49 PM

Stage 3 C63 Coupe
Installing lowering springs on stock shocks and struts supposedly ruins them and the feel of the car.
The following users liked this post:
Modifyer (02-12-2022)
Old 09-10-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
I heard H&R springs make car pull to the right.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Originally Posted by saitesd1
Installing lowering springs on stock shocks and struts supposedly ruins them and the feel of the car.
What he said!

It would be best to get feedback from someone who has changed springs on their C63. I have not, but prior experience with shorter springs and stock shocks has never been good. Shorter springs need to be stronger (stiffer). Stronger springs need stronger shocks to control them. Shorter springs also need shorter shocks to keep from bottoming them out. Changing springs without going to a shock that is tuned to match it usually does more damage than good.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Suspension for C63.

Generally speaking, you can run stock shocks depending on how much (or little) you drop the car. I ran slightly shorter springs on a different car with stock shocks with no problems. Never did suspension changes at all on the C63, so of course I would wait for others with personal experience to chime in.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 P31 black/black
Everything is a trade off. If you like the stock feel the. Leave it alone

H&R springs are only a .75" drop. The stock shocks are fine with that. Of course they will be stiff as they are shorter and they increased the spring rate to keep you from bottoming out.

I have H&R coilovers. They are a stiffer ride but the car drives great. It also looks killer dropped on the right wheels/tires.

KWv3's will give you the best ride and they are the most expensive option.

Our cars have NO stock camber adjustment and camber bolts don't help a lot. So be ready to run a decent amount of camber. As for pulling right on springs only it seems to be hit or miss. On my coil overs I put my car on scales and adjusted the springs for even weight distribution. It drives perfectly straight lowered.

Food for though.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:37 PM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Eric ATP
Our cars have NO stock camber adjustment and camber bolts don't help a lot. So be ready to run a decent amount of camber.

K-MAC PRODUCT BACKGROUND/SOLUTIONS

ONLY ADJUSTMENT DEALERS OR ALIGNMENT SHOPS HAVE TO WORK WITH IS FRONT AND REAR TOE !

NO CAMBER OR CASTER TO RESOLVE PREMATURE/COSTLY EDGE TIRE WEAR, STEERING PULL OR TO COMPENSATE FOR ALTERING HEIGHT, LOAD CARRYING, FITTING WIDE PROFILE TIRES/WHEELS OR SIMPLY HAVING ONGOING ADJUSTMENT CAPABILITY TO RETURN TO FACTORY SPECS AFTER CURB KNOCK DAMAGE. TRACK DAYS NOT BEING ABLE TO ADJUST TO REDUCE UNDERSTEER/LAPTIMES – BY GOING DEEPER INTO THE CORNERS WITH IMPROVED TRACTION AND BRAKING RESPONSE!

WE SAW THE NEED THEREFORE – TO REINSTATE THE OEM PRECISE CAMBER AND CASTER ADJUSTMENT FACILITIES OF THE EARLY 90’S. By designing Front and also Rear kits to suit virtually every model Mercedes up to 2015 (Sedans, Wagons, SUV’s, Commercials).

The often heard statement “FULL FRONT AND REAR WHEEL ALIGNMENT”.... again means what it says with K-MAC.

YOU CAN FIT OFFSET BOLTS (FRONT ONLY), BUT THE MAJOR PROBLEM HERE is they are inaccurate “one only position” bolts, offering a minimal .3 of one degree which equates to only 3mm (1/8”) offset.

INSTEAD THE UNIQUE K-MAC PATENTED DESIGN ADJUSTABLE BUSHING KITS OFFER UP TO 4 TIMES THIS ADJUSTMENT RANGE “AND ARE PRECISELY ADJUSTABLE”. Meaning you can dial in “accurately” (under load) direct on alignment rack!

FIXING IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME – ending the frustration of ongoing visits to dealers or alignment shops or continually changing tire brands because of both the minimal adjustment provided and the inaccuracy of these “one only position” bolts.

CAMBER – Allows to actually change the tire contact angle, improving wear/traction/understeer/oversteer.

CASTER – Resolves steering pull, increases steering response. With better turn in and high speed directional control, along with improved anti dive/lift under brake and acceleration.

FRONT (Camber and Caster) – Added bonus is that the K-MAC bushes also replace the 4 highest wearing bushes. We have the design expertise of manufacturing suspension bushings now for over 50 years with these actual bushes featuring twice the load bearing area. Along with the OEM air voided, oil filled bushings being eliminated, yet (unlike majority of other aftermarket brands) still incorporating essential 2 axis movement – allowing suspension arms to travel through their required arcs without binding/locking up. The result - also improved brake and steering response.

REAR (Camber and extra Toe) – Unlike “Camber Arms” which to reduce inner edge tire wear must move “top of tire outwards” reducing all important clearance to outer fender – K-MAC bushings adjust lower arm “inwards”. Again precise “single wrench” adjustment – supplied with bush extraction tool so can be fitted on vehicle. With extra Toe adjustment to compensate for the new Camber facility.

IT’S ALL PART OF A TOTAL SYSTEM . . .
FOR TRACK DAYS/COMPETITION – We also manufacture Front “Replacement Top Strut Mounts” – no modifications. Precisely Camber and Caster adjustable.

These unique patented design K-MAC “Quick change - Strut kits” in combination with the lower arm adjusters provide over 4 degrees of extra Negative Camber! Seriously lowering lap times by reducing understeer – increasing traction/braking/ steering response. Allowing to go “deeper into the corners” and improving the ability to “hit those corner apexes” every time in the pursuit of front row of the grid lap times.

They are available to suit W204 including Black Series (Coil Spring Models):
Stage 2 (Street/Race) #502616-2L
Stage 3 (Full Race) #502616-3L

*Similar K-MAC kits are available for virtually all other coil spring models that have “strut” front suspensions (not wishbone). Example W124, 129, 205, 209 (Black Series), 212 also 2013 – 2015 A, B, CLA, GLA.

K-MAC “STRUT ADJUSTERS” CHECKLIST/FEATURES:
1. Not soft billet alloy but highest aircraft 7075 grade
2. Stage 2 centers similar to OEM but elastomer not rubber for quicker response times – also replaceable
3. Stage 3 self align spherical bearings (PTFE lined). Heavy Duty (massive 30mm ID) – also replaceable
4. Can fit and adjust with or without strut brace
5. Separate Camber and Caster adjustment
6. Adjust from engine bay – fast, accurate (under load) direct on alignment rack
7. Can record separate settings for Race/Track days
8. No height increase (and minimum stack height with coil overs)
9. Separate heavy duty radial thrust bearings for steering loads
10. Fit with OEM diameter springs or popular 60-70mm (2 3/8” – 2 ¾”) ID coil overs

FOR THE REAR – ALSO A BUSHING KIT TO REPLACE ALL “12” LINK BUSHES
(W204 #502628K)

Allows dramatically improved rear end location, stability with resultant tauter handling response and getting power, traction to the ground. Genuine K-MAC bushings – the alternative to the unforgiving harshness of short life delrin type bushings that soon pound out.

W204 Front:
Camber and Caster bushing kit (All) #502616K $480
Camber and Caster Strut top kit (Coil Spring models)
Stage 2 (Street/Race) #502616-2L $545
Stage 3 (Full Race) #502616-3L $545

W204 Rear
Camber (and extra Toe) Bushing kit (All) #502226K $480
“12”Link Bushing kit #502628K $480

Current promotion MB World members (USA/Canada) delivery one kit $30US or $40US front and rear. Can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.

See link for latest 2015 Catalog suit Mercedes (kits AUDI to Volvo – World’s largest range). http://K-mac.com/mercedes/
Name:  502616 Cover.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  15.3 KB

Name:  502226 Cover.jpg
Views: 1523
Size:  15.1 KB

Name:  501716-2 Cover.jpg
Views: 1542
Size:  15.9 KB

Name:  501526-2 J Cover.jpg
Views: 1527
Size:  18.3 KB
Old 09-16-2015, 10:07 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63/ 2015 C63 507 coupe
I run H&R on my 63 with stock shocks no issues the ride is a lot better than stock, much more responsive and the tail feels planted not as much body roll going on. I would recommend putting in the taller spring spacers from Mercedes in the rear it makes the stance look better