C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Velos tune review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c63 AMG
Velos tune review

Lets start with that its been a pleasure to work with velos. Their customer service has been nothing but top notch. Responded to all my emails very quickly before I bought there tune. Omar had my tune ready for my car legit maybe two hours after I had the stock file sent over to him. Ive been running their tune on the car for about a month and half. Was waiting to throw the car on the dyno before writing this review. Personal opinion, you shouldn't do a tune review unless you got numbers to show. Buttdyno doesn't count lol

First impression of the tune - The car responds much better then stock. Once you get on it, you can feel the car hold the power throughout the rpm range. The car honestly blew my mind over how much top end power it had. It pulls so aggressive at high speeds. Manual shifts in sport mode are so aggressive under full throttle.

Omar answered all my questions about the tune before I ordered it.I feel bad for bothering him so much lol Sent him different dyno sheets of cars on here and what they made with the same mods I have. He recommended the car would see between 430-460 on different types of dynos. The car made 435rwhp / 408 rwtq on a mustang dynamometer. The owner of Efi Logics here in CT said the car could easily make 460 plus on a dynonet.

Mods List:

Velos Tune + handheld tuner
ROW air boxes - AFE filters
One step colder plugs - Weistec
Res and Cat delete

Final Numbers: 435 rwhp / 408 rwtq

Overall very happy with numbers. My biggest concern was breaking 400 rwtq which the car did without a problem. Im very glad I went with Velos and I personally would recommend them to anyone. :

Ps. Albert from velos and I are working on a custom set of wheels that are going to a killer set that hasn't been run
Attached Thumbnails Velos tune review-img_1148.jpg   Velos tune review-img_1150.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1146.MOV (7.1 KB, 172 views)
Old 10-16-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts
2000 Acura NSX, 2012 C63 P31 (gone and not forgotten), 2015 C63 507
What were the baseline numbers (whp/tq)?

What was the after tune A/F ?

Where are you located?
Old 10-16-2015, 04:30 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG
Thank you for you honest feedback we do appreciate it. The wheel set up will be crazy

For all forum members for best pricing on a velos performance software feel free to PM to be assisted.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:33 PM

2009 c63 AMG
Originally Posted by 95gsrturbo
What were the baseline numbers (whp/tq)?

What was the after tune A/F ?

Where are you located?

I didn't plan or want to do any baseline numbers man sorry. We all baseline the same number for the most part. Maybe a few whp more or less then others . Was just interested to see what the car could throw down on the velos tune . If we all baseline somewhere between 350-360 ( reg c63 )then the tune prolly had a gain of 75-85 whp. And I'm from CT .
Old 10-16-2015, 11:33 PM

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts
2000 Acura NSX, 2012 C63 P31 (gone and not forgotten), 2015 C63 507
So you don't know what your real gain is?

1) I have a p31 so my baseline will be diff than yours

2) and I mean this with all due respect, you just said you'd get 80whp but no idea what your baseline is so how would you know.

A flash tune should take only a few minutes to flash right....

So it would have been easy to 1) do a baseline 2) while I'm the car is still on the dyno flash the ECU with the new file re run the car for a true number.

How can we say that one company is better than another with tuning unless you can show a comparison?
Old 10-17-2015, 12:08 AM

2009 c63 AMG
Originally Posted by 95gsrturbo
So you don't know what your real gain is?

1) I have a p31 so my baseline will be diff than yours

2) and I mean this with all due respect, you just said you'd get 80whp but no idea what your baseline is so how would you know.

A flash tune should take only a few minutes to flash right....

So it would have been easy to 1) do a baseline 2) while I'm the car is still on the dyno flash the ECU with the new file re run the car for a true number.

How can we say that one company is better than another with tuning unless you can show a comparison?
I got on the dyno to see what my personal car would throw down to the wheels with my current map from Velos. Don't take any of the stuff I'm about to say personally but think before you write.

1) Since you have a P31 this thread doesn't concern you in anyway since my car isn't a p31. Stick to your thread about you figuring out why your own car baselined bad numbers. P31 gains are different to start with, so no matter what my gains on the tune would have been, they wouldn't have mattered to your personal car.

2) Secondly I based my numbers off what other cars like mine baselined on the dyno stock. Plenty of threads on here of what other cars baselined at. Velos claims to have gains of 55-60 rwhp and 35 lb ft of torque on a 2009 c63. Which are conservation gains ( asked for a slightly more aggressive map due to my mods ) Your also saying that I said the car made 80 whp when I didn't say that anywhere in my thread. I said the car (probably) had gains of 75-85 if the car baselined like other none P31 c63s. Its not like I made up the baseline number, Plenty of members on here have baselined between the numbers I stated and speaking to Brentuning in Mass and EFI logics here in Ct, they both said the same. Email either of those companies and ask what a 2009 c6 will baseline at and you will get the same answer I'm giving.

3) If you want to pay for my dyno runs I will go baseline for you so you can see the exact number. I paid for 3 pulls on the dyno with my tune thats it. Also the car needs to adapt to reflashing of the map you choose. I don't believe the car can adapt just like that in 3 pulls from stock to tuned and put up the best dyno number. Seeing that my first pull was 431 and then did two back to back pulls of 435.

4) This isn't a thread talking about which company is better then the other. No one stated any numbers compared to other companies. Its a thread of my personal experience with Velos and the numbers my personal car threw down on their tune. It gives people a example of what their cars might throw down also with the Velos tune. Theres so many threads on here of people asking which tune is better, those are the threads you need to be looking at if you want to see different company numbers.

Last edited by Kpela; 10-17-2015 at 12:10 AM.