C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

A New Question!!! (I don't think its been asked)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
A New Question!!! (I don't think its been asked)

In addition to the question you all get a story full of advice and wisdom....

Wife wanted ice cream the other night. I obliged her. She didn't want to get down from the car to eat because "i look horrible" (her not me, I always look fantastic). So, I go grab the ice creams and I break my one rule that I never break in my car (newlyweds so trying to be flexible and pull that stick out of my *** when it comes to my car), which is no food or drink in the car besides water.

This was my first mistake.

After both of us managing to eat the ice cream without any spilling issues, i tell her to give me her cup so I can go throw it away. She has ice cream still in there that she doesnt want. She hands it to me and i get up and through some sort of black magic without either one of us seeing how it happened, her cup manages to get loose and lands splat on my upper left hand dash. Her ice cream starts oozing down and around the instrument cluster and into the ac vent. I clean up as much as I can but we needed to go to a friend's house so I try to stay chill and say I'll clean it up later.

Upon further inspection, some ice cream had spilled into the actual ac vent on the driver's side. I cannot get at it properly to remove it with picks or tools.

So, moral of the story, don't eat in the car or break your rules for reasons. The rules exist for a reason and they should stay there.

Anyway, so question time. How do I remove the ac vent out so I can clean it properly? I tried with the usual plastic trim removal and I got the chrome ring off, but on trying to push the black plastic out, it looked like if I didn't push or pull in the right places, my chances of breaking something were quite high and I'd end up with a bigger problem. So I figured I'd ask first before going at it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
(her not me, I always look fantastic)
nice. When you started talking about breaking the rule and eating in the car... my heart sunk because I knew what was coming next. I found this from a fellow member installing a backup camera, he just happened to do a writeup and it shows how to remove the vents .

Last edited by INS1GNIA; 11-13-2015 at 01:54 PM.