C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Ticking sound coming from below shift lever. HELPPPP!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CL65AMG, C63, and CLK430
Ticking sound coming from below shift lever. HELPPPP!!!!

Tonight I was sitting in my car and I had it in accessory mode. I began to notice this awkward ticking noise coming from inside the cabin. I noticed the sound was coming from below the shift lever. So I popped up the shift knob to see if I could find anything. The sound was definitely coming from the general area but what was odd to me was that the ticking sound would happen rapidly. Pause then continue. It would stop again tick once then maybe two or three more times. It would pause again then continue. The car drove perfectly normal and shifted into gears smoothly. I have attached a video of the sound below please listen to the full video to get an idea of what I am talking about. Has anyone else had this same issue or know the cause of it at least??? PLEASE HELP.3

PS ticking gets worse 15 secs into the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8T...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-18-2015, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Almost sounds like the tranny lock out going nuts. Were you pressing any buttons or pedals? In my Porsche, with the engine off, if I press the gear lever lock out button, it makes the same clicking noise. I know the C63 doesn't have such a button, but the sound and location is the same.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CL65AMG, C63, and CLK430
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
Almost sounds like the tranny lock out going nuts. Were you pressing any buttons or pedals? In my Porsche, with the engine off, if I press the gear lever lock out button, it makes the same clicking noise. I know the C63 doesn't have such a button, but the sound and location is the same.
I was not pressing/touching the pedals or buttons. That was my initial reaction am I pressing something and not noticing it? But no I was just sitting comfortably in my car when I noticed the sound.