Mbh headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Mbh headers

Now iv searched and looked up pics of stock system and pics with headers. Just need clarification with just mbh headers only they deleate the primaries correct. Do they mate up to the resonator or the stock secondary cats? Basically I'd like to have secondaries and primaries for sound control. If one is only possible is it better to keep the secondaries or get the mid pipe with cats? Last question with header only mated to stock exhaust do you get a cel?
Old 12-13-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
Now iv searched and looked up pics of stock system and pics with headers. Just need clarification with just mbh headers only they deleate the primaries correct. Do they mate up to the resonator or the stock secondary cats? Basically I'd like to have secondaries and primaries for sound control. If one is only possible is it better to keep the secondaries or get the mid pipe with cats? Last question with header only mated to stock exhaust do you get a cel?
You have options with MBH.
Headers+midpipes can eliminate all cats, will always eliminate primaries, you can add their high flow cat option with or without removable cat/test pipe option in place nearer where secondaries live.
If you do their headers/midpipes/x-pipe, it will bolt right up to the rear resonator, no cutting needed!
You sound like you are after this option they have;headers, mid pipe with welded in high flow cats, x-pipe to stock resonator.
You need to accept you will be louder, that is the awesome benefit of the added horsepower! If you do not want additional HP and volume, do not do. If opting for the cats, work with your tuner, and you should be ok with CE Light as your monitors will stay "ready".
speaking of tuner, I see no reference to this in your post, a tune will be needed to keep up with the changes from the headers.

Last edited by dlefty; 12-13-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Originally Posted by dlefty
You have options with MBH.
Headers+midpipes can eliminate all cats, will always eliminate primaries, you can add their high flow cat option with or without removable cat/test pipe option in place nearer where secondaries live.
If you do their headers/midpipes/x-pipe, it will bolt right up to the rear resonator, no cutting needed!
You sound like you are after this option they have;headers, mid pipe with welded in high flow cats, x-pipe to stock resonator.
You need to accept you will be louder, that is the awesome benefit of the added horsepower! If you do not want additional HP and volume, do not do. If opting for the cats, work with your tuner, and you should be ok with CE Light as your monitors will stay "ready".
speaking of tuner, I see no reference to this in your post, a tune will be needed to keep up with the changes from the headers.
Thanks yeah I plan to go eurocharged. So you can just install headers only and keep the stock secondaries and resonators in place if you want correct??
Old 12-14-2015, 08:20 AM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Thanks yeah I plan to go eurocharged. So you can just install headers only and keep the stock secondaries and resonators in place if you want correct??
You could, but headers will not be a true "bolt on" that way, I believe there will be some cutting or customizing needed to connect just the header itself up to a factory/stock midpipe section for the effort of running the factory secondary cats.
You are also then jamming all that extra air flow into a stock converter, not ideal by any means, but if that's what you are after..........I'd still suggest getting the MBH mid pipes with high flow cats and the MBH x-pipe so you take full advantage of the headers.

I'd suggest talking to Mike Hooley of MBH, he can tell you specifically what and where the cutting, etc. will need to occur if thou wish to run just the header itself.

Personally I have not seen an MBH header only set up without the mid pipes and x-pipe. I have seen some BenzWorks headers set up this way, and I know some work was needed to set it all up.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Why doesn't anyone buy Benzworks headers? they were one of the 1st and the other 2 companies or at least 1 of them just pretty much jacked up benzworks design ..there was a big thing on here a few years back about it...Anyways from what I've read/researched/talk to tuners benzworks offers the highest gains

Headers get rid of your cats entirely..you can straight pipe or xpipe or buy race cats.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
You can just install the headers and keep you secondaries. It is a slip fit design so cutting and clamping will be involved.
Old 12-23-2022, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG W204 2008
Originally Posted by VividRacing
You can just install the headers and keep you secondaries. It is a slip fit design so cutting and clamping will be involved.
and what about the ressonance? sounds good? i am planning to do this to increase a litle bit hp with custom tune but without sacrifice the "comfort" . this is my daily car and i really like the original sound...