C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Weistec Stage 3 Supercharger Issue/Concern

Old 02-18-2016, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG PP (Weistec S3 Supercharged)
Less than 2000, and zero of that on the track
Old 02-28-2016, 09:39 AM

Recent update was the guy I was dealing with has left the company. Clearly they are having issues and hopefully can work through them before there is too much damage. I'm definitely hesitant to move forward with engine intervals and some other stuff based on this recent horrid experience. They were better than this in all our other dealings so I'm trying to be patient but I must admit it isn't easy after four full months. My blower was supposed to ship Wednesday then it got delayed until Friday (which is fine as long as it's right) but they never sent me tracking as they promised so here I am again left wondering what is going on. I'll update again once I get everything back and I'll summarize. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
That really sucks. Keep us posted on the results. I would hope they throw in one of those deep trans pans or something. Free stuff or money back is the only thing that companies can do to make these kinds of things right with the customers.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:19 AM

So I got the supercharger back after I paid to have it fully rebuilt (after only about 2000 miles on it-none on track). As soon as my tuner got it reinstalled it was making a quiet chattering noise that it wasn't making before so I reached out to weighted right away and told them and they responded by saying it could be normal chatter but they weren't 100% sure as they had just that minimal info. We test drove it for a couple minutes and it seemed ok. Not fully normal powerhouse but a lot better so I drove it home about 15 minutes away, all back roads. It ran fine with a little chatter seemingly at idle only but tough to tell with the loud Benz motor. It rained the next couple days and I don't take it out in the rain so I left it in garage. When the weather cleared and roads were dry I took the car out for about 20 minutes or so just cruising around town and feeling it out. No burnouts or launches, just mostly between 40-60 MPH. Chatter was quiet except at idle when it could be heard at same level as before. I parked out front of my father in laws house at idle talking for about ten minutes and the chatter started getting louder so I left and drove it home a little less than a mile away at 10-15 MPH because I wanted to play it safe. I called my tuner and he said bring it in. About five minutes from his shop (which is about 20 minutes from my house, no highway) the noise suddenly got louder and battery light came on. I kept it at about 15 MPH the last couple minutes and got it to his shop. We opened the hood and the belt actually ripped off the supercharger pulley and sheared the four bolt holding it to the snout. No other damage seemed to be apparent or noticeable in the rest of the motor. Even though when Webster rebuilt it they gave me a full one year warranty on it I am concerned with this unit as I'm feeling it is defective. I have faith in weistec and feel they are reverting back to the company I knew before this all happened and they are starting to make up for the months of "frustration and disarray" dealing with Rod. Anthony has reached out to me personally and reassured me they will handle this quickly. I use this car only for car shows and cruises so they get a ton of free advertising from me and finally I feel like they deserve it again. I'm still frustrated without my car for the past five months but I'm hoping this will be behind us soon and I can get back to the normal car show scene as its about to really kick up. I have a feeling weistec will need to replace the unit this time as something just isn't right with it. I'll keep everyone posted on how this turns out. Sorry for the long winded message. Thanks for everyone's feedback.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
That's not good at all. Hopefully Weistec does the right thing now, and gives you a new charger.
There seems to be some sort of internal fault with your unit.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:14 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
c63 AMG
First time I drive my car with the blower the belt ripped off. The problem was that my supercharge pulley was not properly aligned in compare with the other pulleys. Weistec send me a new pulley and everything was corrected. that was a few years ago and since then I have no more troubles. As for the sound my blower always make a low sound in idle but I don't know if is the same as yours. Maybe other members can tell if theirs also make that sound.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
There was a guy here with a stage 1, his snout pulley kept sheering off. Turned out the belt tensioner was the probably. It was putting too much tension on the belt I think.

I would be checking all your pulleys for play, movement and alignment. Check the tensioner. Confirm the belt is put on correctly.

I have over 30,000km on my stage 3. All kinds of driving, no problems except recently some of the pulleys bearing wore out. Ordered some new ones with the double bearing now.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by Merc63
There was a guy here with a stage 1, his snout pulley kept sheering off. Turned out the belt tensioner was the probably. It was putting too much tension on the belt I think.

I would be checking all your pulleys for play, movement and alignment. Check the tensioner. Confirm the belt is put on correctly.

I have over 30,000km on my stage 3. All kinds of driving, no problems except recently some of the pulleys bearing wore out. Ordered some new ones with the double bearing now.
i would check your install man
I just recvd a new stage 3 from weistec and its working perfectly

Just need to do some logging as i was expecting more power then it produced
Old 03-21-2016, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
What's wrong with my install? 30,000km and it's been great.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Originally Posted by Merc63
What's wrong with my install? 30,000km and it's been great.
That wasnt meant for you bud sorry i meant to say to Footbrawler to check his install
Old 03-21-2016, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Yep something isn't right
Old 08-18-2016, 02:07 PM

w212 E63 AMG
st3

on my st3 every 3,000 miles off the brokensupercharger pulleys, 2 timies i changed it, what you thinks about this , maby its Tensioner?
Old 08-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
there is a SLS in Houston, he is no number 5 broken pulley.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Belt tension is too tight or not aligned properly.

Buy a new tensioner, it could have the wrong spring or another issue.

Check pulleys are installed correctly, some can be installed backyards throwing off belt alignment.

Check pulleys all turn freely and bearings are good.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:03 AM

C63 supercharged
Weistec Supercharger issue

I drive 2013 c63, I had the Weistec Supercharger fitted 8 months ago and had continued problem with lack of boost or extremely late boost 6000+ revs.

Yesteeday i I drove the car and pulled up to hear strange noise I now feel to be coming from the supercharger! Sounds like I am running a Diesel engine!!

On the dyno my car hits 4000 revs and something in torque setting seems to be holding the car back from boosting.. in all honesty the support from Weistec has been so poor, I really just want to throw this thing back for a full refund!

Has as anybody has these issue.. and ideas what the noise could be?
Old 09-17-2018, 08:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Can you post a video? Did Weistec say anything about how they would solve the issue?
Old 09-17-2018, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Since it got bumped, I read through it and I gotta say - they should have just given you a new one in the first place.

ESS has more gains anyways lol.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Originally Posted by Deanc63
I drive 2013 c63, I had the Weistec Supercharger fitted 8 months ago and had continued problem with lack of boost or extremely late boost 6000+ revs.

Yesteeday i I drove the car and pulled up to hear strange noise I now feel to be coming from the supercharger! Sounds like I am running a Diesel engine!!

On the dyno my car hits 4000 revs and something in torque setting seems to be holding the car back from boosting.. in all honesty the support from Weistec has been so poor, I really just want to throw this thing back for a full refund!

Who tuned your car?
Old 09-20-2018, 01:39 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
W204 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Deanc63

Hey Dean!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel the support you received from us has been poor. Have you already been in contact with our tech support department?

Mind you, there's only so much we can do from across the internet, but ideally we would like communication with you and your installer as it could have been an installation error of some sort from the get-go. The flash we supply is the same flash provided for all vehicles with the supercharger system and this issue you are having is not common so we do not have a quick and easy fix.

However, there is a 1 year warranty on all of our products so if there is some sort of issue with the product itself we would love to get it fixed under the warranty period so we can take care of this situation!

Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

CONNECT WITH US
www.Weistec.com
Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram

Facebook
Old 09-20-2018, 01:43 PM

Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts
c63 coupe p31weistec stg3 SOLD,2013 C63 BLACK SERIES.
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
Since it got bumped, I read through it and I gotta say - they should have just given you a new one in the first place.

ESS has more gains anyways lol.
Is there any actual proof that they make more?
Old 09-20-2018, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Originally Posted by gzim335

Is there any actual proof that they make more?
NO there is no proof

Also the new GEN 3 has been cooling also at the top of the intercoolers better then old design
Old 09-20-2018, 07:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by mr747
NO there is no proof

Also the new GEN 3 has been cooling also at the top of the intercoolers better then old design
Weistec put the intercooler on top with the gen 3? Doesn't look like it. ESS is the only one as far as I know
Old 09-20-2018, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Apparently the new kit is different and better i havernt seen it in person just what i hear
Old 09-20-2018, 07:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
All
Possible failure.

So I figured I would chime in here because this sounds EXACTLY like a car I looked at. I installed a Weistec stage 2 kit a few years ago on a 2008 e63. 13 months later a rattle started from the supercharger, random throttle actuator codes popped up once, I removed the weistec supercharger from the engine and separated the intake manifold from the supercharger to get a good look at the internals of the supercharger and the intercooler that's under the charger. What I found was the intercooler is mounted inside the intake manifold with nuts and bolts. If I remember correctly maybe 10 or 12 of them. Well, the person at Weistec that assembled the whole unit before it shipped to me seemed to forget to tighten 6 of them! 2 of them were missing completely, the other 4 were barely FINGER tight! On a hard acceleration the missing nut was sucked up through the bypass valve when the throttle was closed quickly and then was ground up badly in the supercharger rotors. Completely destroyed the supercharger. I was in contact with weistec about it with numerous pictures. I'm a MB master tech of 15 years and I've installed countless supercharger and turbo kits on cars, never had an issue with anyone of them. But this was 100% weistecs fault no question about it. The answer I get from Weistec you wonder??? Yep! NOT COVERED, no help, NOTHING! Yes it was 1 month outside of their 1 year warranty, but seriously? This was an assembly error by weistec and they would not own up to it at all. They said the customer can pay for a new charger or pay to upgrade to the stage three. What a joke. Never again will I recommend Weistec. Oh yeah, I installed a ess supercharger kit on a 2012 c63 coupe. HUGE difference in power and quality vs the weistec kits. The Weistec kit has insanely high intake air temps. Not to mention if you have an issue, GOOD LUCK! I literally can't tell you how many times I've heard of people being told to pound sand when a problem comes up unless you are willing to give them more money, then of course they will sell you more stuff. Ive since told two other customers with Weistec kits on their cars to come back in because I want to check those nuts and bolts and BOTH had one or two finger tight. Be VERY careful of the Weistec supercharger kits. Hopefully that isn't the op's problem, but I'd be willing to bet it is/was.

Last edited by mbmastertech; 09-20-2018 at 07:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (09-22-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
That is ridiculous and not at all good to hear.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec Stage 3 Supercharger Issue/Concern