MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Questions about seat noises - clunking, knocking, moving (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/614828-questions-about-seat-noises-clunking-knocking-moving.html)

GazzyFizzle 02-06-2016 08:21 PM

Questions about seat noises - clunking, knocking, moving

Hey all,

So my 2012 C63 has 18,000 on the clock. When I picked it up I noticed the seat had a lot of movement, I noticed it when accelerating from a standstill, and coming to a halt. The seat also creaked and squeaked when going round corners etc.

The dealer had a look and said one of the electric motors had some play and they replaced it under warranty. Great. However it hasn't fixed the problem, it's like 50% better. They tell me they won't fix a squeak or creak under warranty and no other parts had movement. Only way they will look at it is if I pay to investigate the issue.

I may have to do this as it is definitely an issue. However before I do, I wanted to know if anyone else had this? Is it easy to DIY? Are there any technical fixes? Is the seat easy to take out and take apart? Any kind of advice or other experiences is appreciated!

Thanks!

m a x i m u s 02-07-2016 06:21 PM

My seat squeaked. Dealer opened up the seat back and felt taped around the air bladders, which helped some, but not 100%.

GazzyFizzle 02-08-2016 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s (Post 6700593)
My seat squeaked. Dealer opened up the seat back and felt taped around the air bladders, which helped some, but not 100%.

Thanks for the reply.

I may well have a look at this myself, as my dealer want to charge me for everything they do now.

How did you remove the seat back? Mine is a facelift.

RedNiteJ 02-08-2016 01:44 PM

Both my seats air bladder controls stopped working (the buttons on the side of the seats), I've been thinking a fuse popped, do y'all happen to know if theres a fuse for that and where its at or any other suggestions as to what it could be? Haven't really investigated yet.

m a x i m u s 02-08-2016 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by GazzyFizzle
Thanks for the reply.

I may well have a look at this myself, as my dealer want to charge me for everything they do now.

How did you remove the seat back? Mine is a facelift.

Dealer did it under warranty, but is assume there are screws for the seat backs. Check on the bottom rear of the seatbacks.

m a x i m u s 02-08-2016 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by RedNiteJ
Both my seats air bladder controls stopped working (the buttons on the side of the seats), I've been thinking a fuse popped, do y'all happen to know if theres a fuse for that and where its at or any other suggestions as to what it could be? Haven't really investigated yet.

I'm sure there's a fuse for this, but it could also be maybe the air hose got detached. Happened to me on a different AMG model.

SaphGreyC63 02-08-2016 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by RedNiteJ (Post 6701193)

Same happened recently to me, just last month. It was a fuse.

RedNiteJ 02-08-2016 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63 (Post 6701394)
Same happened recently to me, just last month. It was a fuse.

Do you by any chance remember which fuse it was? Or at least which fuse box it was in to save me some time :D

SaphGreyC63 02-08-2016 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by RedNiteJ (Post 6701497)
Do you by any chance remember which fuse it was? Or at least which fuse box it was in to save me some time :D

I was going to do it myself but....car was headed to the dealer anyway so I had them do it.:D

RedNiteJ 02-08-2016 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63 (Post 6701502)
I was going to do it myself but....car was headed to the dealer anyway so I had them do it.:D

Ahhh :( Thanks anyways! I'll just bug the dealer for the info hahaha

Mort 02-09-2016 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe you can find the fuse for the seat bladder in here:

RedNiteJ 02-09-2016 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mort (Post 6702056)
Maybe you can find the fuse for the seat bladder in here:

Thanks, found it! Lets see if this does the trick.