MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Start Button (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/618780-start-button.html)

Savage-wp 03-14-2016 02:15 PM

Start Button

My car has the keyless system, so I can just walk up to the car, pull the handle and it unlocks.
But, I do not have a start button. I have to put the key in, and turn it to start the car.
I have seen some start buttons for sale on this forum, and they apparently just plug into the key hole.
Can I buy a start button from Mercedes-Benz, and just plug it into the key hole. Will I then be able to start my car by pressing the button.
If so, what is the MB part number for the switch.

deanmc 03-14-2016 02:41 PM

If you have KEYLESS GO, then you just need the button. Should be around $30 USD.
Part #2215450714 at the below website:

http://www.getmercedesparts.com/oem-Mercedes-parts.html

INS1GNIA 03-14-2016 02:43 PM

2215450714 OEDiscount Parts has it for pretty cheap. Yes it is just plug and play.

CarHopper 03-14-2016 02:53 PM

It's crazy how many of us buy a car with keyless go and the button isn't there. Luckily this is just a plug and play thing but dangg where are all these buttons?! It's almost like dealers are popping them out to nickel and dime us.

I'm about to start a #NoButtonLeftBehind movement.

Savage-wp 03-14-2016 03:09 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear it's as simple as popping in the button.

INS1GNIA 03-14-2016 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 6738165)
It's crazy how many of us buy a car with keyless go and the button isn't there. Luckily this is just a plug and play thing but dangg where are all these buttons?! It's almost like dealers are popping them out to nickel and dime us.

I'm about to start a #NoButtonLeftBehind movement.

You might be on to something. I would buy a t-shirt with that on it with like a little start button.

I know dealers remove them due to people stealing them when they test drive or whatever. It does seem that they never re supply them though.

CarHopper 03-14-2016 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA (Post 6738221)
You might be on to something. I would buy a t-shirt with that on it with like a little start button.

I know dealers remove them due to people stealing them when they test drive or whatever. It does seem that they never re supply them though.

I fully understand removing the button pre-sale. But when you sell a car with keyless go, factor that into the price, and then don't resupply the button once sold then you may be an *******.

Luckily, it is a plug and play part that is cheap. However, that makes it all the more opportunity to make a customer that much happier. For all we know (before searching how easy it really is), the button cost $100 and an additional $200 in coding.

Anywho, sorry for the slight derail here. Just have seen a bunch of these threads popping up, myself starting one as well some time ago.

thesaintusa 03-14-2016 03:56 PM

FWIW when I bought my car the button was in the glove compartment hidden at the back.

SaphGreyC63 03-14-2016 03:57 PM

I may have a spare for sale. Send me a PM

Naverino 03-14-2016 04:25 PM

Or here is your chance to get one of the custom Red carbon fibre ones!

kukimonsta 03-14-2016 04:34 PM

mine was missing too....i questioned what is the point of keyless start? and dealer took from another car and inserted into mine to make the deal...was so bizarre to me :smash:

TurboRush 03-14-2016 04:51 PM

Mine was missing when I bought the car, said something to the sales guy when I was picking it up and he goes "yeah, it's amazing how they go missing" and went and got me one!

Savage-wp 03-14-2016 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63 (Post 6738252)
I may have a spare for sale. Send me a PM

Thanks for the offer. But, I live in South Africa, which would make it difficult to get the unit from you.

SaphGreyC63 03-14-2016 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 6738322)
Thanks for the offer. But, I live in South Africa, which would make it difficult to get the unit from you.

Still possible, but up to you. Check local prices, shipping seems to be about $20. So let me know.

I am Jeff 03-14-2016 09:18 PM

My keyless go button was also in my glovebox. My salesman was nice enough to pop it into place, after I completed the paperwork for my car. I guess some of you guys had the misfortune of having to deal with shady dealers.

hyperion667 03-14-2016 09:55 PM

no button? that's just wrong.......I'd ask for one; it should come with the car!

good luck OP

BHimself 03-15-2016 06:56 AM

I know you said you're in South Africa, so there'd be some shipping costs involved surely, but i wanted to echo the statement above about the CF buttons.
The post is here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-your-c63.html
I've bought 2. One in Red, One in Black.
The process was easy, the guy who makes these, Eddie, was awesome to deal with and It's usually the first compliment I get about my car when people sit in it. (I usually use the red one, and it's gorgeous). I did leave it in the car ONCE when I brought my car in for service, and when i went back to pick up the car, it was referenced as the one "with the red button".

In case you were curious, I did have a chance to test it personally, and the good news is they also work on the new W205 chassis too, so likely this is something you can keep if you're looking at more Mercedes down the road too...

I don't know how the finances would work out, but there's quite a few different styles and it really makes the interior pop. I don't remember the exact price, but if you've got ~$80 vs the $30 for a standard one, I wouldn't hesitate...

INS1GNIA 03-15-2016 10:02 AM

^^ Seems Eddie is busy and doesn't respond to emails anymore. Another route would be MACarbon, their customer service is top notch and their start button is extremely well made. A bit more on the pricier side but I think well worth it.

Savage-wp 03-17-2016 02:28 PM

I would love to get one of those Carbon buttons, but unfortunately our president is a complete wanker, and he has killed our currency. At over 15 Rand to the dollar, it's very expensive to get it here.
I have bought a button from the Mercedes Benz dealer. Quick and easy, works great.