C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need some advice on CPO discovery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Need some advice on CPO discovery

Hello everyone -I picked up a CPO 2013 c63 sedan recently at a local MB dealer in great condition-17K mi -The other day, while cleaning off some road tar off the lower panels,I saw that the rear left door apparently had been painted on...From the trim edge[just below the handle]downwards onto the lower left portion of the wheel well has "buffed out overspray"[Per a paint friend's opinion-confirming what I suspected] -When I bought this vehicle I was told by the salesperson that all paint work would need to be disclosed on a CPO car -evidently the dealership didn't catch the repaint or did not care -Im going to meet with them later this week and was wondering what would be a fair solution to this -I like the car enough to keep it[they would probably buy it back] but need to know what my options are on this -any and all opinions welcome-- PS The paintwork was very well done and is very hard to notice...
Old 03-15-2016, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
I would take it to a detailer and see if they can even it out to match first, could be as easy as a little buffing. I would take it back to the dealer though and point it out to them and see what can be done. If it was repainted and noticeable, maybe they will repaint or blend that area better for you.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
^ Same. Try to have them finish the job first and see what they say. GL
Old 03-15-2016, 03:42 PM

The Bus
Tough spot - as others have said see if they'll fix it.

If they won't I think the problem will be proving they knew and brushed it off as opposed to someone that just missed it. Depending on elapsed time since purchased it seems like something that would be reasonable to address.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
again, CPO= over rated.

There is a 507 sitting in my dealers lot, cpo, trunks been painted. i noticed a small defect on it, but i guarantee you nobody knows it's been painted. so who cares? if they did a good job, move on.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:02 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Solution to CPO problem

OK went back to dealer to discuss options and he agreed to finding me another car and basically swapping it out...The affected paintwork has been buffed-out(looks OK-not great) but since I'm not keen on repainted cars this seems like a good solution -thanks for all your opinions in this matter! BTW CPO may be "overrated" but Mercedes took the high road on this...
Old 03-18-2016, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by STUKA
OK went back to dealer to discuss options and he agreed to finding me another car and basically swapping it out...The affected paintwork has been buffed-out(looks OK-not great) but since I'm not keen on repainted cars this seems like a good solution -thanks for all your opinions in this matter! BTW CPO may be "overrated" but Mercedes took the high road on this...
Sounds good. Of course you may end up with another car that's had paintwork. On another note, it was my understanding that CPO's were allowed to have only a certain percentage of paintwork, unless that's changed.