C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

MBH LTH/Mids/X-pipe + Evotech Tune Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 01:54 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Jeez.... so looking back at this thread, my reading is that you gained ~40whp just switching from the canned EC V5 to the Evotech dyno tune, everything else the same (headers, ROW, etc etc)? Did you test back-to-back on the same dyno same day, or were they done at different times?

Have you had a chance to look at your AFRs at WOT?
No the 448whp was with no headers and v5 flash. The 485whp is with headers and evotech custom tune. Stock was 380whp before any tune. I wanna say headers add 30whp and the additional 7whp was from the custom tune.

Im actually gong to see what the v6 does just for fun since I have eurocharge tune as well. Then we'll know whats what. But I can definitely tell the evotech is leaner cause I hear zero burbles and popping compared to what the eurocharge did. Which I actually really missed haha.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:39 AM

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
W204 C63 saloon
Originally Posted by Mag1c Carp3t
No the 448whp was with no headers and v5 flash. The 485whp is with headers and evotech custom tune. Stock was 380whp before any tune. I wanna say headers add 30whp and the additional 7whp was from the custom tune.

Im actually gong to see what the v6 does just for fun since I have eurocharge tune as well. Then we'll know whats what. But I can definitely tell the evotech is leaner cause I hear zero burbles and popping compared to what the eurocharge did. Which I actually really missed haha.
You probably had a good base M156 engine to start with. 448whp with no headers and just V5 and ROW with aFe dry filters is pretty impressive.

Also depends on dyno type and person running dyno.

With headers and decat, 35-40whp increase is about right for the gains of what one would expect.

Nevertheless, pretty impressive end figures.... now for some quarter mile times....
Old 12-01-2016, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 225 Likes on 134 Posts
2013 Mercedes C63 AMG
Nice results. Its a shane thst you dont have acceds to 93oct.

Im thinking of doing the same exact mods to my 11.

Quick question, where did you get the headlights "covers". It makes the front look very clean.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Jeez.... so looking back at this thread, my reading is that you gained ~40whp just switching from the canned EC V5 to the Evotech dyno tune, everything else the same (headers, ROW, etc etc)? Did you test back-to-back on the same dyno same day, or were they done at different times?

Have you had a chance to look at your AFRs at WOT?
Seems likle he changed to MBH long tube headers, MBH mid section and MBH x-pipe installed along with a different tune.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:14 PM

2009 C63 AMG

Originally Posted by sirius9
You probably had a good base M156 engine to start with. 448whp with no headers and just V5 and ROW with aFe dry filters is pretty impressive.

Also depends on dyno type and person running dyno.

With headers and decat, 35-40whp increase is about right for the gains of what one would expect.

Nevertheless, pretty impressive end figures.... now for some quarter mile times....
Originally Posted by Slow_c63

Quick question, where did you get the headlights "covers". It makes the front look very clean.
Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
Seems likle he changed to MBH long tube headers, MBH mid section and MBH x-pipe installed along with a different tune.
380whp base run before the tune with row and 2nd cat delete.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:15 PM

2009 C63 AMG
correct

Originally Posted by Slow_c63

Ebay
Old 12-01-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2009 C63
Did you re-dyno the car with the resonators delete? Do you have a sound clip of the car with the MHP headers?
Old 12-01-2016, 04:21 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Did you re-dyno the car with the resonators delete? Do you have a sound clip of the car with the MHP headers?
No the car has not been Re-dynod since the res delete and step colder plugs. But I doubt they will do any thing.

I'm considering replacing the x pipe with MBH straight test pipes to try and re-achieve the AMG bark. Possibly reinstalling the original resonator/hpipe as well.