MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   MBH problem (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/619156-mbh-problem.html)

blindfold 03-18-2016 06:38 AM

MBH problem

I’ve been lurking on the board ever since I bought my first 2010 C63, now I have traded for a C63 black series in pearl white. I learned quite a bit from the big players who does road races to drag strip. I am truly thankful for such a place to access information easily.

Cut to the point, I bought three sets of headers from MBH on December 4, 2013, up until yesterday I have not received a firm date for delivery or shipping. I am now relocated in China for work so my car is here too. I have bought three orders of ECU tunes from Eurocharged on August of 2103, perhaps the transaction went too smoothly, so I thought all forum vendors are of this caliber. Three Eurocharged orders were filled on August of 2013, November 2015, and most recent one filled on November 2013, nothing but great things to say about Jerry and his awesome team. Looking to place two more orders soon since my other local buddies saw how well the tunes ran.

It has been a long and arduous journey trying to communicate with MBH, emails, telephone calls, and forum private messages were all utilized to the fullest. The only telephone number is shop number 623-377-4624, where nobody ever picks up and I have left so many voicemails I lost count. I asked for a better number where I can reach Mike Hooley but it was never given. From the communication list, I have been slow and should take blame for part of the delay. Up until yesterday, I have never received a shipping quote for intentional or US domestic shipping. From experience, “one set being damaged“ is not a new thing to say, I am tired of this waiting game. I propose MBH to step up, refund the money so we can both move on. I am super embarrassed to tell my other two buddies that it has taken two years and still no show for the headers. I ran out of options and patience, and have exhausted all methods of communications, thus posting this on the board is my last resort.

Here is a list of communication of emails:

12/01/2013 first email of inquiry sent to MBH
12/04/2013 payment made for three sets of the headers with x-pipe
01/30/2014 MBH notifies everything read to ship
03/31/2014 I ask for dimension of boxes
04/16/2014 reply size
04/17/2014 third set complete next week
05/20/2014 MBH ready to go
05/30/2014 I ask for international shipping quote
10/29/2014 ask for update
11/22/2014 ask for update
12/06/2014 ask for update
12/18/2014 MBH replies: do not have ample shop storage, must rebuild all three sets
12/21/2014 ask for completion date

01/11/2015 ask for update
02/04/2015 ask for update
02/08/2015 MBH replies: one set ready, two more sets to fabricate
02/24/2015 ask for firm date of completion
02/24/2015 MBH: I will email you tomorrow with firm date.
02/27/2015 ask for update, no reply were on follow up of firm date
03/06/2015 ask for update
03/06/2015 MBH: 2 sets done, 1 more set to go
03/11/2015 ask for update
03/16/2015 ask for update
03/17/2015 ask for update
03/28/2015 ask for update
05/05/2015 ask for update
10/24/2015 ask for update
10/24/2015 MBH: no free shipping. I asked for shipping quote so MBH believes delay is due to the fact that I am not willing to pay shipping after 22 month delay, I do not know what to think
11/03/2015 sent another China address who is capable to clear customs, ask for shipping quote
11/05/2015 ask for update
11/05/2015 MBH: busy at SEMA
11/18/2015 ask for update
12/10//2015 ask for refund
12/15/2015 ask for refund
12/21/2015 ask for refund

01/16/2016 ask for refund

Since emails are non-responsive, I started with private messages via the board.
02/23/2016 ask for refund, and replied to a particular MBH thread to get attention, thread has been deleted
02/24/2016 MBH Mike’s response: “I don’t run that department anymore, must slipped through cracks, I will make sure you order is completed and shipped to you.
02/26/2016 gave USA shipping address
03/06/2016 ask for update
03/06/2016 MBH reply: we are going to start shipping them this week, one had to replaced due to damage.
03/13/2016 ask for refund

regards,
Ethan

Jasonoff 03-18-2016 07:38 AM

How do headers get fabricated, disappear or get damaged so often? :eek:

layzie12g 03-18-2016 11:04 AM

My passenger side MBH header hit the body of my car. I let Mike know. It took about a month, but I was refunded what I thought to be a fair amount of money. I had to have my fab guy fix it, but in the end it all worked out for me. Also I received my headers exactly one week later then they original delivery date, but Mike did make things right in my case.

dchl21 03-18-2016 11:05 AM

sorry man ... that's bullshi and you let it went on for way too long.

Merc63 03-18-2016 11:20 AM

Lol and people rag on Andy, Andy sent me a set of headers before I even had payment sent out.

Hope it works out for ya, try ARH/MHP, heard you can order direct from ARH.

Roswell 03-18-2016 11:28 AM

Holy .. U bought 3 headers & 3 years later they still can't deliver? U are patient to wait this long to come complain here, I would go nuts after the first year. This is no pocket change, 3 headers is what? 3k$US each?

Roswell 03-18-2016 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Merc63 (Post 6742192)
Lol and people rag on Andy, Andy sent me a set of headers before I even had payment sent out.

Hope it works out for ya, try ARH/MHP, heard you can order direct from ARH.

Huh... Nope, this thread would still not make me spend a dollar with MHP lol

Merc63 03-18-2016 11:33 AM

2 years!??? Lol.

Roswell 03-18-2016 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Merc63 (Post 6742204)
2 years!??? Lol.

I can't agree more :y

w204nyc 03-18-2016 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Merc63 (Post 6742192)
Lol and people rag on Andy, Andy sent me a set of headers before I even had payment sent out. Hope it works out for ya, try ARH/MHP, heard you can order direct from ARH.

From what I was told by someone at ARH, they make the headers but everything is done through MHP including the payment lol

Arjy 03-18-2016 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by w204nyc (Post 6742269)
From what I was told by someone at ARH, they make the headers but everything is done through MHP including the payment lol

I bought my MHP/ARH headers last month and this was the case. I dealt with MHP for ordering and payment, but the product itself was manufactured and shipped from ARH. I dropped the car off at the shop this morning for the install and retune. So far my experience has been headache free, but I don't blame other members for wanting to distance themselves from MHP based on the poor experiences of others. Seems like every company that makes parts for these cars have caused issues for somebody in the past, which is a shame. Best to just be diligent when dealing with them so you do not end up in a situation like the OP did.

BLKROKT 03-18-2016 12:33 PM

Why don't we wait to hear both sides before jumping on MBH? They have been a long-time sponsor, and if I recall correctly this is the first bad experience I've even seen posted about them or their product. If true and complete as written though, it sucks.

MBH motorsports 03-18-2016 12:58 PM

We are only going to reply to address this thread once. There are some errors on our end and we will admit that. We will also say we had some very long extended waits from the client in their replies. As well as miscommunication on who was covering shipping charges. These things are not uncommon we have found. We have a set of downpipes that have been sold of almost a year waiting for the client. As well as some other things that get ordered and the customer falls off the face of the Earth without sending us their contact info. There are surely two sides to this story and we always try to take care of the customer. We have many people who have ordered since and have received their orders no problem. It would be fair to say this situation must have some existing circumstances that has caused such a delay.

blindfold 03-18-2016 01:07 PM

I am a fool to allow anyone drag this out for so long. Patience is not a virtue, it is my foolishness to believe one excuse after another. MBH's response is that no resolutions will be discussed until this thread is removed, instead trying find a way to resolve this, they are only making this worse. This is NOT how you do damage control. If MBH believes their reputation is only worth about 11K so be it.

on a side note: I do admit delay of response to mike's emails/messages, it is not my intention. In order to access gmail or even this site, I have to hop on a VPN to get over the "great fire wall", which regulates the internet. VPN gets blocked randomly, so one must keep switching VPNs, thus communication becomes sporadic. But regardless, this has taken far too long and I am only seeking to see my funds returned.

Roswell 03-18-2016 01:43 PM

I've been in the retail business for 30 years now so I'll leave my comment on this.

From a business perspective where I see MBH failed is if the customer paid in full but doesn't claim his good in the timely matter.

The business should email the buyer to let him know the products will be resold & refund will be issued minus stocking fees... Instead of telling the customers it's damaged or its back ordered when the customer shows up to claim the goods.

Evileight 03-18-2016 03:41 PM

This sucks for both customer and shop. I'm sure that MBH spent that ~11k a long time ago. But cant just tell a customer "you took too long to respond so we are keeping the headers unless you delete your negative thread."

Maybe if this is such a common problem for MBH as they suggest they should have a change in how they take orders. Maybe get a shipping address and take payment & shipping paid up front?

I am Jeff 03-19-2016 10:11 PM

I don't understand how MBH receives payment for 3 sets of headers and decides to wait for all 3 sets to be completed before sending it out. If space is limited, you would send each set out to the customer once each set is completed.

Blaming the customer for delayed responses is not an acceptable reason. Especially a 2 years of wait... a refund should just be issued, so that both parties can part ways.

I was initially looking to purchase a set of MBH headers, but I also couldn't reach MBH on the phone. Like Troy, MHP always answered their phones and had headers out to forum members in less than a weeks time. I guess that's the difference when the fabricators is a large OE manufacturer.

Dougefresh 03-20-2016 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by I am Jeff (Post 6743581)
I don't understand how MBH receives payment for 3 sets of headers and decides to wait for all 3 sets to be completed before sending it out. If space is limited, you would send each set out to the customer once each set is completed.

Blaming the customer for delayed responses is not an acceptable reason. Especially a 2 years of wait... a refund should just be issued, so that both parties can part ways.

I was initially looking to purchase a set of MBH headers, but I also couldn't reach MBH on the phone. Like Troy, MHP always answered their phones and had headers out to forum members in less than a weeks time. I guess that's the difference when the fabricators is a large OE manufacturer.

Well I hope this gets resolved I was just about to pull the trigger with mbh on headers, think I'll hold off for now.

BLKROKT 03-20-2016 11:39 PM

MBH is not the kind of company that just starts deciding to rip people off suddenly. I bet there is more to this story than the OP is letting on. You don't build up a reputation like MBH did and throw it away over ~$10k. Has anyone heard of any other bad stories about MBH? No. Something's not adding up.

dubzAMG 03-20-2016 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by I am Jeff (Post 6743581)

I tried to contact MBH when I was header shopping as well. I never received any replies so I went with ARH instead.

marioflex 03-21-2016 09:49 AM

Anyone knows if Dyno Comp and MBH are the same company? The C63 Tri Y headers look the same. I bought my headers from Dyno Comp a few years ago and the service was great. It is really sad this is happening, I hope everything can be resolve in a good way for both parts.

BAD430BENZ 03-21-2016 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6744384)
MBH is not the kind of company that just starts deciding to rip people off suddenly. I bet there is more to this story than the OP is letting on. You don't build up a reputation like MBH did and throw it away over ~$10k. Has anyone heard of any other bad stories about MBH? No. Something's not adding up.

MBH is definitely not the screwing over type . They have some of the best customer service out there . Back in the day , when my father actually trailered my car to Dynocomp to try and fix some tuning issues , I had switched from MHP to MBH headers and mids . MBH actually hand delivered the headers and mids to Dynocomp so they could do the install along with the retune . They got my headers and mids done very quickly . I hate to say this but I think they actually pushed some previous orders back a bit to get mine done due to the dilemma of my schedule at Dynocomp . They did take a bit to answer my original message but I know it was due to them being super busy but once they did , the communication was constant by both email and phone calls .

There has to be more to this story :y

agentMurdoc 03-21-2016 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports (Post 6742306)
We are only going to reply to address this thread once. There are some errors on our end and we will admit that. We will also say we had some very long extended waits from the client in their replies. As well as miscommunication on who was covering shipping charges. These things are not uncommon we have found. We have a set of downpipes that have been sold of almost a year waiting for the client. As well as some other things that get ordered and the customer falls off the face of the Earth without sending us their contact info. There are surely two sides to this story and we always try to take care of the customer. We have many people who have ordered since and have received their orders no problem. It would be fair to say this situation must have some existing circumstances that has caused such a delay.

lol this is such a bogus reply. At least to me it's sounds like some beating around the bush and no urgency to resolve the matter. The first and last sentence made me lol. Shame.

Originally Posted by blindfold (Post 6742316)
I am a fool to allow anyone drag this out for so long. Patience is not a virtue, it is my foolishness to believe one excuse after another. MBH's response is that no resolutions will be discussed until this thread is removed, instead trying find a way to resolve this, they are only making this worse. This is NOT how you do damage control. If MBH believes their reputation is only worth about 11K so be it.

Then this right here, utter ridiculousness. Creating unwarranted conditions to supply a paid for product from a customer.

I agree with the comment about damage control, if this is how MBH chooses to handle this, I'll cross that company off as a company I would support.

My guess, headers have already been resold, since they were paid for twice, might as well send that refund.

Merc63 03-21-2016 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by dubzAMG (Post 6744390)
I tried to contact MBH when I was header shopping as well. I never received any replies so I went with ARH instead.

This was my experience too. Tried to purchase a set when I went to stage 3 and sold my old mhp headers due to the slip fit collector. Never returned messages, found out mhp had a v2 with a welded and larger collector, mhp sent me the headers before I even had payment sent out.

layzie12g 03-21-2016 01:23 PM

These small companies that turn out a quality product, but can not afford to hire a desk person are difficult to deal with. It is up to the consumer to decide if it is worth dealing with or not.

Did your slip fit leak??