MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   New Exhaust setup - Akrapovic (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/621928-new-exhaust-setup-akrapovic.html)

Kriston 04-12-2016 08:53 AM

New Exhaust setup - Akrapovic

What's up gents.

I am in the process of acquiring an Akrapovic Titanium Evolution setup for the C63.

Currently I have an Eisenmann Race system installed along with a pair of 200 cell high flow cats.

Since the Akra evolution comes with a set of resonators, I'm considering removing the high flow cats.

With my current setup (I made 475 wheel).

I'm trying my best to reach 500 WHP NA. The only reason I'm swapping the exhaust system is that the Akra claims the highest HP yield.

What do you guys think?

Cat less or no?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c84adca50.jpeg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9b402ec96.jpeg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1e9cf52dd.jpeg

sl63-amg 04-12-2016 09:06 AM

catless for sure better sound and gain more whp

Conv_GSDriver 04-12-2016 10:26 AM

Have you considered bigger throttle bodies? I think that would go a long way in reaching that goal if you have not done that already. There are some issues with it throwing off the ESP and the car goes into a low power mode here and there.

Would you put up the eisenmann for sale? how about supersprint? price wise they seem to be right there with Akra and results also seem similar.

BLKROKT 04-12-2016 10:46 AM

IMO it's silly to swap out an aftermarket cat-back exhaust system because "Akra claims the highest HP yield". You do know the difference between your Eisenmann Race and the Akra is likely to be under 5hp? The cat-back part of the exhaust system is the hardest place on the entire car to find gains. There are better places to spend $ looking for hp...

Kriston 04-12-2016 11:10 AM

I have renntech throttle bodies already.

The next step (engine wise) are ported and polished heads. Which I will be doing.

Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver (Post 6769197)
Have you considered bigger throttle bodies? I think that would go a long way in reaching that goal if you have not done that already. There are some issues with it throwing off the ESP and the car goes into a low power mode here and there.

Would you put up the eisenmann for sale? how about supersprint? price wise they seem to be right there with Akra and results also seem similar.

Kriston 04-12-2016 11:12 AM

You are right. But at this point of my build, minute differences will be all that I will get. Remember I am
Already full bolt on. Only thing left is port / polish heads.

The Akra also saves 20KG. Which is a lot of weight savings.

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6769205)
IMO it's silly to swap out an aftermarket cat-back exhaust system because "Akra claims the highest HP yield". You do know the difference between your Eisenmann Race and the Akra is likely to be under 5hp? The cat-back part of the exhaust system is the hardest place on the entire car to find gains. There are better places to spend $ looking for hp...

BLKROKT 04-12-2016 11:41 AM

Are you trying to win some kind of contest I'm not aware of? When you hit "500" on whatever dyno will your quest be over? Sorry, I'm just not getting it.

:crazy:

HRE_Jurrian 04-12-2016 11:42 AM

The Akrapovič system that you're going with, solid choice. Akrapovič not only gains 11.6RWHP and 16.5lb-ft of torque, but you're loosing 49% of the weight of your factory system (aka you're loosing 42.6lbs/19.3kg). The gains are very substantial with power, but equally as impressive loosing all that weight which just makes it even sweeter when you hear the system in person.

I have seen ONE dyno of an Eisenmann system but it's not ideal because it's hard to gauge the actual power gains, it's not laid out a bit better like the technical data and dyno below for the Evolution C63 Akrapovič system:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1710/2...c3fef7c3_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1681/2...651b9064_b.jpg

:y

abcut973 04-12-2016 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kriston (Post 6769235)
I have renntech throttle bodies already.

The next step (engine wise) are ported and polished heads. Which I will be doing.

That is what I was about to recommend you. Not much more you can do NA to reach that goal. Definitely catless will help too.

abcut973 04-12-2016 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6769264)
Are you trying to win some kind of contest I'm not aware of? When you hit "500" on whatever dyno will your quest be over? Sorry, I'm just not getting it.

:crazy:

Well to each their own. For Kriston it is reaching 500whp. For you it seems to be racing. For some it might just be getting wheels, others focus more on drag timeslips and so on ....
Each members here bought their cars for a specific reason. It is their money and I guess they can do whatever they decide to do with it. That is what a community (car enthusiasts) is made of. If we were all identical it would be boring don't you think?

tpliquid 04-12-2016 12:03 PM

mo money more mods.

BLKROKT 04-12-2016 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by abcut973 (Post 6769291)
Well to each their own. For Kriston it is reaching 500whp. For you it seems to be racing. For some it might just be getting wheels, others focus more on drag timeslips and so on ....
Each members here bought their cars for a specific reason. It is their money and I guess they can do whatever they decide to do with it. That is what a community (car enthusiasts) is made of. If we were all identical it would be boring don't you think?

Ok, fair enough, whatever. It's just that every dyno reads differently, and if he wants a number that says "500" that's fine but what does it really mean anyway. How is it different from 498, or 502 or whatever. AND, if he's looking for HP there are better places to look than the cat-back which is already pretty well optimized.

abcut973 04-12-2016 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6769305)
Ok, fair enough, whatever. It's just that every dyno reads differently, and if he wants a number that says "500" that's fine but what does it really mean anyway. How is it different from 498, or 502 or whatever. AND, if he's looking for HP there are better places to look than the cat-back which is already pretty well optimized.

Trials and errors! :D

Glbaraban 04-12-2016 12:21 PM

475 on the wheels? and you are trying to hit 500 on the wheels??

Wow. I dont know which dyno you have, but its too optimistic, unless you have LTH's and a spray :)

Arjy 04-12-2016 01:07 PM

500 is a nice even number and sounds very impressive down at the pub:cheers:

CarHopper 04-12-2016 01:11 PM

As you said, biggest advantage the Akra system has is weight savings. Then, go catless for more power.

If you already are FBO (including those TB's) you may need to spray your way there if you really want it. But, I wouldn't. Sounds like you already have a monster.

These cars aren't meant to be the fastest things on the road. Fast, yes. Fun, yes. Fastest, no. You've done a great job keeping your car clean and reliable, do your best to keep it that way.

Just my 2 cents

INS1GNIA 04-12-2016 01:25 PM

Could always start doing weight reduction also instead of squeezing the last little bit of hp out.

CarHopper 04-12-2016 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA (Post 6769396)
Could always start doing weight reduction also instead of squeezing the last little bit of hp out.

By the sounds of even his new wheel selections he has been shedding those lbs.

Jasonoff 04-12-2016 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6769305)
How is it different from 498, or 502 or whatever.

If Shmenge A has 502WHP and Shmenge B has 498WHP, Schmenge A is obviously way cooler...

Kriston 04-12-2016 03:16 PM

I'm not chasing numbers only here gents. Weight reduction and overall driving dynamics are very important to me. As I said before at this stage in my build, extracting any more power will be difficult.

500WHP does sound cool doesn't it? Lol it's not the number, it's the journey to get to it that interests me. I'm a huge fan of the aftermarket world and I love building cars. That sometimes means switching components out of my build to get the car where I feel I want it.

Just so members understand what I already done (power wise)

AP Long tube headers
200 cell cats
Eisenmann Race mufflers
Renntech Throttle bodies
Renntech intakes
Modified Eurocharged V5 Tune

I built this car thus far for overall all pleasurable driving. It's a weapon if I want it to be. The 475 dyno number we Done at eurocharged dyno here in Toronto. All my mods have been dyno tested after they were installed on the same dyno. I don't care about the total number I make, I wanted to know what each subsequent addition provided.

As with the throttle bodies, not many members had experience with them, sure some chimed it there opinion but no solid facts. I took the plunge and gained the 10WHP renntech claimed. The throttle response on the car has also increased tremendously.

I feel the Akra setup are one of those upgrades that may yield additional power, but cost of entry keeps most people away.

Kriston 04-12-2016 03:20 PM

Gleb you may already know the dyno. Slav and vlad helped me build the car at eurocharged. All this power is made on there dyno, which is actually quite conservative.

Originally Posted by Glbaraban (Post 6769325)
475 on the wheels? and you are trying to hit 500 on the wheels??

Wow. I dont know which dyno you have, but its too optimistic, unless you have LTH's and a spray :)

INS1GNIA 04-12-2016 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA (Post 6769396)

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 6769414)
By the sounds of even his new wheel selections he has been shedding those lbs.

Very true, I also figured he had weight reduction in the back of his mind but wasn't sure how much he was going to gut/go at the car, or even if any.

Kriston 04-12-2016 04:21 PM

I have been eyeing 2 piece rotors and the carbon drive shaft from Weistec.

Weight reduction is important, you guys know all too well the benefits of it.

Between the new wheel setup and the Akra exhaust that's almost 75 lbs of weight savings from my previous setup.

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA (Post 6769574)
Very true, I also figured he had weight reduction in the back of his mind but wasn't sure how much he was going to gut/go at the car, or even if any.

deadlyvt 04-12-2016 06:11 PM

I'd be shocked if you gained much going to the Akra.... You could pick up a bit with some cut outs to bypass the cats and mufflers you have and pick up more than changing cat backs but probably in in 10 hp range... You have under drive pulley yet?

Kriston 04-12-2016 06:28 PM

No pulley yet.

I know for a fact that ported and polished heads will net another 20-30 WHP. There's a local member here in Toronto who had his 507 done and gained 30+ wheel at eurocharged.

500WHP on the M156 is possible with an NA setup. I'm already close.

Deals done on the Akra, I pick it up this weekend. I'm going to run the car cat less and see how she does.

Will post my results after install in about a week or 2.

Lastly - I will have my Eisenmann race for sale in the next few weeks ☺️

Originally Posted by deadlyvt (Post 6769702)
I'd be shocked if you gained much going to the Akra.... You could pick up a bit with some cut outs to bypass the cats and mufflers you have and pick up more than changing cat backs but probably in in 10 hp range... You have under drive pulley yet?