C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 Black Series Exhaust - best option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 01:05 PM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
C63 Black Series Exhaust - best option

Hey guys, I'm planning on buying a C63 BS soon, and I'm studying the best exhaust option. I'm getting a little droning on my SLK 55, and I thought it was a "roadster" problem, due to the folding hardtop.. But reading some loose posts here I found out it can happen in the coupé chassi too.

I would like to hear from owners what's the best option among the IPE, Cargraphic, MPH, etc. Thanks guys.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG's
Love my stock sound. Going to just get headers and get rid of my cats, get it tuned and I am done.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
Here's mine with a few Weistec goodies. I'll be making another video soon with a few more clips of the exhaust and possibly one that goes a little more in depth.

What I love is I don't get any drone with this setup.

Cheers!

Old 04-16-2016, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by jpetro10
Here's mine with a few Weistec goodies. I'll be making another video soon with a few more clips of the exhaust and possibly one that goes a little more in depth.

What I love is I don't get any drone with this setup.

Cheers!

Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series | Weistec Headers, Exhaust, Tune, ROW Intake, TCU Valve/Tune - YouTube
Brutal sound. Sounds amazing, very loud but still the AMG note all around. I understand that when you put some aftermarket headers you usually get a different note, but yours kept the essence. I'll get in touch with you soon (hopefuly ) to ask more details about your project.. Thanks mate!
Old 04-16-2016, 03:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG's
His car is for sale, just buy it and you won't have to do anything.

Originally Posted by Vpatriota
Brutal sound. Sounds amazing, very loud but still the AMG note all around. I understand that when you put some aftermarket headers you usually get a different note, but yours kept the essence. I'll get in touch with you soon (hopefuly ) to ask more details about your project.. Thanks mate!
Old 04-16-2016, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by wheelz
His car is for sale, just buy it and you won't have to do anything.
Lol. It would be way easier. Too bad Brazil's laws does not allow me to do so... Only brand new cars can be imported here.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Oi Vpatriota! Tudo bem!
Well I like the OEM sound too but it depends on what you are looking for?
Putting headers will definitely make it scream more in a raspy way because of the OEM mufflers. They will act like trumnpets. Some have opted for akra system others custom made catbacks.
The OEM sound is already louder than the base C63.
GL in buying your BS.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by abcut973
Oi Vpatriota! Tudo bem!
Well I like the OEM sound too but it depends on what you are looking for?
Putting headers will definitely make it scream more in a raspy way because of the OEM mufflers. They will act like trumnpets. Some have opted for akra system others custom made catbacks.
The OEM sound is already louder than the base C63.
GL in buying your BS.
LOL Oi! Tudo bem sim, e você?
I've never heard a BS in person before.. I understand that it's pretty loud, and a bit louder then the C63. But when I look up some videos on internet, well, they do some real mess around there with aftermarket exhausts. I've read about the Akrapovic exhausts, and people tend to say that they have more fame than actually deserve. There are some other brands with better sounds. I really liked the Weistec upgrades shown above here.. The Innotech gives a deep guttural sound, preserving the original M156 note. Thanks for the advices mate!

Last edited by Vpatriota; 04-18-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Tudo bem ai! O que ta acontecendo com seu presidente?
Yeah akra is expensive and honestly I do not like the sound. I do not like the valve system either!lol! But the best way to make up your mind is to listen to each sound in person. Videos do not do justice!
Old 04-18-2016, 05:59 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
We had Akra on our C63 Black and it was absolutely sublime. There's really no replacement for the sound and quality that you get from a fully titanium system. Yes it's priced higher than other exhausts but what do you expect from the Mercedes of exhaust brands?

Old 09-30-2018, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 BS & Speciale
is it impossible to install any aftermarket header with oem catalyst on c63 black series?
Old 12-03-2018, 07:12 AM

Hey guys, back to this thread again just to close it down. I ended up buying the full lengh Innotech Performance Exhaust (iPE) - headers, midpipe and valvetronic mufflers. Turns out that with the full exhaust it gets mental loud. I'm sure it sounds amazing for one standing on the sidewalk when I fly by, but for me on the inside, it was too much. To make it short, I've done only the headers + midpipe (which would bypass the resonator), and that's it. It's just perfect. Engine light when on, which was easily worked out with the EC tune. Gave me huuuge barks on the downshifts, with pops and crackles. On the other hand, the car still quiet when you're on traffic. You can barely hear it if you're standing more then 2m away, and gets brutal and obnoxious when you hit the right pedal.It was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I believe I still got like 80-90% of the AMG original tone, so that's even better for me, as I love how that V8 sounds.

Thanks for your input, guys!
Cheers!

Last edited by Vpatriota; 12-03-2018 at 07:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
thewb (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
W204 C63 saloon
Hey guys, back to this thread again just to close it down. I ended up buying the full lengh Innotech Performance Exhaust (iPE) - headers, midpipe and valvetronic mufflers. Turns out that with the full exhaust it gets mental loud. I'm sure it sounds amazing for one standing on the sidewalk when I fly by, but for me on the inside, it was too much. To make it short, I've done only the headers + midpipe (which would bypass the resonator), and that's it. It's just perfect. Engine light when on, which was easily worked out with the EC tune. Gave me huuuge barks on the downshifts, with pops and crackles. On the other hand, the car still quiet when you're on traffic. You can barely hear it if you're standing more then 2m away, and gets brutal and obnoxious when you hit the right pedal.It was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I believe I still got like 80-90% of the AMG original tone, so that's even better for me, as I love how that V8 sounds.

Cheers!
Once you got use to the sound volume and decide you want it louder, try Capristo cat back Valvetronic Mufflers.
I got IPE headers joined with Capristo Valvetronic mufflers and its mental. Retains AMG character, even better at loud volume.
Totally distinct from those with full IPEs which I find a bit too raspy.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 BS & Speciale
Pls post some video clips of the new IPE set up
Old 12-03-2018, 02:54 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com

Cheers!
We sell iPE like hotcakes due to how incredible they sound no matter what car model. Please do post some videos of the setup so I can forward it to those interested in the iPE setup
The following 2 users liked this post by thewb:
Duffer4126 (12-03-2018), Vpatriota (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 10:25 AM

Well, since you guys asked, here's a short vid of a soft acceleration. I don't mean to brag, but we all know videos don't usually do justice to the real sound live. Althought it may sound good on record, you guys really should listen to it IRL . Hopefully it'll help fellow AMG-fans to choose their exhaust setup. I can assure I'm 100% happy with mine.

ps.: sorry for the bad quality of the video. I only realized after uploading. I guess some pixels got lost when it was compressed from whatsapp to youtube app. I'll try to shoot and upload a couple more.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe, BMW 335xi Frozen Silver
Sounds good! I have Agency Power Headers on my BS which deletes all cats. A little bit too loud for me lol, for those that want to listen my IG: the.white.c63
Vpatriota (01-12-2019)
Old 12-24-2018, 04:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
The C63 is one of the few cars where you can leave it stock and it sound great. I think they have one of the best stock notes around. I just slapped a power pipe in mine deleting the secondary cat, and I’m GOOD.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:36 AM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition

Cheers!
That is the same setup I have on my car. IPE headers and mid-pipes. Sounds mental at WOT. I love it. And it gave a healthy bump in power.
Vpatriota (01-12-2019)