MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   C63 507 Forged Pistons VS Weistec / Dime Racing Forged Pistons (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/628872-c63-507-forged-pistons-vs-weistec-dime-racing-forged-pistons.html)

the_indian_kid 06-14-2016 09:10 PM

C63 507 Forged Pistons VS Weistec / Dime Racing Forged Pistons

Hey guys,

I was curious to know, since the edition 507 borrows the forged pistons / connecting rods and lightweight crankshaft from the SLS; how much of a difference is there between the stock internals (pistons/rods) compared to the Weistec and Dime Racing forged pistons?

I tried finding information but no joy.

Thank you.

marioflex 06-14-2016 09:23 PM

I don't know how much power the SLS pistons and rods can handle but the Weistec are good for 1000 whp. OEM crankshaft can handle a lot more.

layzie12g 06-15-2016 11:23 AM

I would assume the factory forged pistons are forged out of a 4032 aluminum because they expand less then a 2618 forged piston. The majority of aftermarket forged pistons are 2618 because it is stronger then 4032, but requires a looser piston to wall clearance.

Then again I'm not really sure what is going on with factory built engines these days because I have been able to rock the piston in the bore of a 205 chassis 4 cylinder. That indicates a piston to wall clearance of at least .0065 which is crazy for a production vehicle.

Merc63 06-15-2016 11:35 AM

Need a small fortune to buy either. Wish the price point was a bit lower, I'd love the build the engine.

Kriston 06-15-2016 11:57 AM

Billet Cams / forged pistons and rods = $14K USD. I might as well buy a new car :(

I want to build the engine since I'm going to do the head bolts. But these prices are hard to swallow.

Originally Posted by Merc63 (Post 6833712)
Need a small fortune to buy either. Wish the price point was a bit lower, I'd love the build the engine.

INS1GNIA 06-15-2016 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kriston (Post 6833735)
I want to build the engine since I'm going to do the head bolts. But these prices are hard to swallow.

Put on your favorite music, get a massage, get a pint of the best icecream, blindfold yourself and have someone guide your hand over to the buy button lol. Seems simple enough :D.

Kriston 06-15-2016 02:33 PM

I will need atleast a massage from 3 Nubian goddesses and a DQ full of Ice cream to make me feel better if I spent that kind of coin on engine. Valve Buckets / Head bolts already a lot of $$$ for preventative maintenance :(

The life of a Pre 11 C63 :smash:

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA (Post 6833808)
Put on your favorite music, get a massage, get a pint of the best icecream, blindfold yourself and have someone guide your hand over to the buy button lol. Seems simple enough :D.

ZephyrAMG 06-15-2016 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kriston (Post 6833909)
I will need atleast a massage from 3 Nubian goddesses and a DQ full of Ice cream to make me feel better if I spent that kind of coin on engine. Valve Buckets / Head bolts already a lot of $$$ for preventative maintenance :(

The life of a Pre 11 C63 :smash:

Hold on hold on hold on....I love my pre 11 C63. Let's not forget all the issues post 11 has had:

1. Overwhelming Rattles inside and out
2. Over heating and limp mode straight out the box
3. Issues with the Pano roof
4. Issues with the jerkiness in transmission
5. Not to mention the hideous front facia, whimpy power domes, looking all feminine as well as so many of them coming with Halogen Lights :D

J/k (but not really)...but you don't don't need forged pistons and rods and valve buckets.
Just get the head bolts, buckets done and the various seals while your in there and your fine. The revised bolts are plenty good...

Kriston 06-15-2016 04:23 PM

Lol I love the car wont get rid of it (unless a C Estate makes it way stateside :) Your right about the FL W204's :naughty:

I'm just doing Bolts and Buckets / Gaskets. Was going to port / polish the heads but I'm on the fence still.

Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG (Post 6834032)
Hold on hold on hold on....I love my pre 11 C63. Let's not forget all the issues post 11 has had:

1. Overwhelming Rattles inside and out
2. Over heatinga and limp mode straight out the box
3. Issues with the Pano roof
4. Issues with the jerkiness in transmission
5. Not to mention the hideous front facia, whimpy power domes, looking all feminine as well as so many of them coming with Halogen Lights :D

J/k (but not really)...but you don't don't need forged pistons and rods and valve buckets.
Just get the head bolts, buckets done and the various seals while your in there and your fine. The revised bolts are plenty good...