C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Eurocharged Tune Issue?

Old 07-04-2016, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by sharkey_lsu
So for the past couple of weeks I noticed that my car was having progressively hard up shifting. When I take off from a start or even gas it from a slow roll it up-shifts WAY to early. So much so that the car feels like it's bogging down. This was slight/sporadic at first but now the symptom happens every time I attempt to have a little fun.

Fearing the worst (transmission or valve body problem) I decided I would take it to the dealer for a diagnosis. In preperation for this I decided to revert back to stock tune to avoid any issues with MB.

Well oddly enough, by reverting back to the stock tune my car shifts strong and at perfect timing again. So does anyone know what might have been the cause of these shift problems? Tune or something else? I lean to tune since reverting back to stock seems to have fixed the problem.

I was going to start my own thread soon for an issue with my shifting but I think our issues could be the same.

I noticed my shift from 3rd to 4th and sometimes 4th to 5th bogged, especially when going uphill or trying to accelerate harder (maybe half throttle). I also noticed my shifts changing almost too quickly. It seems like I have "slow mode" and "haul a$$ mode" in my car now, but if i want to go decently fast with half throttle, my shifts go to quick and it bogs and also has jerked when it shifted.

This only started happening when i switched to my Eurocharge tune and ROW intakes and have considered switching back to the stock tune to see if it goes away. I have already done the TCU reset and driven over 500 miles after the reset (over 1000+ miles before the reset with the tune). I hadnt posted about it yet because I felt I hadn't done enough of my own due diligence, and I haven't reset back to stock tune because it hadn't annoyed me enough yet, and I truly love the eurocharge tune for its power increase and the blips. I honestly drive in manual mode 75%+ of the time, which has no issue at all, and the blips are intoxicating that I have just lived with it for now. But it is starting to bug me that both C and S mode on my way home from work up the first hill from the office bogs like clockwork and I dont want to switch to M until the engine is warmed up

Can it be some other issue like MAF from the ROWs, Throttle bodies, Throttle sensor? Definitely. Have I done enough research on my own yet to eliminate more variables of the issue? No I havent. but when I read this thread, I thought it sounded familiar...
Old 07-04-2016, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by c63Jimbo
I was going to start my own thread soon for an issue with my shifting but I think our issues could be the same.

I noticed my shift from 3rd to 4th and sometimes 4th to 5th bogged, especially when going uphill or trying to accelerate harder (maybe half throttle). I also noticed my shifts changing almost too quickly. It seems like I have "slow mode" and "haul a$$ mode" in my car now, but if i want to go decently fast with half throttle, my shifts go to quick and it bogs and also has jerked when it shifted.

This only started happening when i switched to my Eurocharge tune and ROW intakes and have considered switching back to the stock tune to see if it goes away. I have already done the TCU reset and driven over 500 miles after the reset (over 1000+ miles before the reset with the tune). I hadnt posted about it yet because I felt I hadn't done enough of my own due diligence, and I haven't reset back to stock tune because it hadn't annoyed me enough yet, and I truly love the eurocharge tune for its power increase and the blips. I honestly drive in manual mode 75%+ of the time, which has no issue at all, and the blips are intoxicating that I have just lived with it for now. But it is starting to bug me that both C and S mode on my way home from work up the first hill from the office bogs like clockwork and I dont want to switch to M until the engine is warmed up

Can it be some other issue like MAF from the ROWs, Throttle bodies, Throttle sensor? Definitely. Have I done enough research on my own yet to eliminate more variables of the issue? No I havent. but when I read this thread, I thought it sounded familiar...
Maybe it's filters. Are you on stock or aftermarket filters?
Old 07-04-2016, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C63 P31
I have the AFE Dry filters. Also went in at the same time as the ROWs. I would have thought the issue would be consistent across all modes if it was an intake issue, but M mode runs perfectly fine. maybe thats a bad assumption
Old 07-05-2016, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by c63Jimbo
I have the AFE Dry filters. Also went in at the same time as the ROWs. I would have thought the issue would be consistent across all modes if it was an intake issue, but M mode runs perfectly fine. maybe thats a bad assumption
I have a 13 p31 sedan with same setup as you. EC v5+row boxes+afe pro dry s I don't think I ever noticed rough or quick shifting.

I'm assuming you already tried ECU reset? Try disconnecting the battery overnight maybe that will reset something that learned a bad driving habit. Also try reloading the tune again to have it relearn it
Old 07-05-2016, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by Amg63-
Try disconnecting the battery overnight maybe that will reset something that learned a bad driving habit.
This. Then get out there and beat the bag off it. Seriously.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
My car is completely stock with the exception of the tune. I did replace the filters with OEM probably 6 months back. I still haven't had any further shift issues since reverting back to the stock tune fwiw.

I just ordered an OBDII scanner off Amazon...will check sensor readings on Thursday to see if anything looks out of the ordinary. (gotta love the Amazon Prime 2-day shipping)

Last edited by sharkey_lsu; 07-05-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Sorry for cut n pasting from my post in another thread, but...it may help you.

Seating and screwing down the airbox properly is vital with this car, and I have had issues with it. You need to screw them down snugly but not too tight, or they will strip. The screws stretch. Yes, stretch. I have even been told by one tech that they were not intended to be reusable. I haven't verified that. But I was plagued by cels when dealing with filters/charcoals etc. Then I bought all new screws. I used thread locker, just a dab. Made sure everything was super well seated. Then I screwed them down. Starting with one. Skipped one screwed down the next one. Around like that, like lug nuts on a wheel. Problems were solved. All good since. If I started getting them again when cleaning the filter, I change the screws. Few bucks. I can usually tell the one that has gone. Try that.

PS your signature still says your car is Eurocharched lol
Old 07-05-2016, 04:12 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 604 C63
PS your signature still says your car is Eurocharched lol
Ughh this guy. Look I'm not going to remove all reference to my Eurocharged tune simply because it may or may not be linked to shifting issues. I plan reload the tune on Thursday once I'm confident that there are no obvious sensor or air filter issues present.

BTW. Thanks for the advice, I'll double check that the airbox is properly seated as well (I was shocked to get a purely helpful response from you...and then I read that last sentence. Oh well, Ill take what I can get).
Old 07-05-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Ughh this guy. Look I'm not going to remove all reference to my Eurocharged tune simply because it may or may not be linked to shifting issues. I plan reload the tune on Thursday once I'm confident that there are no obvious sensor or air filter issues present.

BTW. Thanks for the advice, I'll double check that the airbox is properly seated as well (I was shocked to get a purely helpful response from you...and then I read that last sentence. Oh well, Ill take what I can get).
In this case he was not knocking on you for the Eurocharged tune, but your spelling in your signature.
The following users liked this post:
sharkey_lsu (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 04:28 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Savage-wp
In this case he was not knocking on you for the Eurocharged tune, but your spelling in your signature.
Doh! I completely missed that one. Now I see the humor in it.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
There ya go.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Doh! I completely missed that one. Now I see the humor in it.
Yeah, Ive actually been trying to help you, so UGHH some other guy lol