MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Boostane Octane Boost-Tried and Tested (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/632270-boostane-octane-boost-tried-tested.html)

Staff@WORLD 07-19-2016 01:30 PM

Boostane Octane Boost-Tried and Tested

We tried the Boostane Octane Booster and have had some really incredible results. Since we are in California and suffer from horrible 91 Octane fuel, we were searching for a decent solution. Unlike most Octane boosters, the Boostane app (available on IOS and Android) helps you determine how much octane booster you need to add to your gas. Download the app for free on your smartphone to try it out.

I would recommend buying a case of octane booster and leaving it in the box in your trunk and add it to your fuel every time you fill up.

We have tested this on the dyno and it makes great power with California fuel.

We sell this by the can and the case. If you are coming to use our dyno I suggest that we throw a can in after all your power runs to see what kind of horsepower and torque you are leaving on the table by not using this stuff. Everyone that has tried it on the dyno has bought a case when they left.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

If you want to purchase some and try it for yourself please feel free to stop by our shop in SoCal.

zcct04 07-20-2016 01:07 AM

Gimme numbers. How much dyno improvement did you see, and how much Boostane did you add between the tests?

m a x i m u s 07-20-2016 01:59 AM

What's the cost, and does it contain MMT?

the2000r 07-20-2016 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s (Post 6864074)

+1
MMT in Torco Kill my cats!

Staff@WORLD 07-20-2016 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by zcct04 (Post 6864040)
Gimme numbers. How much dyno improvement did you see, and how much Boostane did you add between the tests?

Some of the numbers we have seen are kind of unbelievable. With a full mix of Boostane we have see my tuned BMW 750 increase by 30 horsepower on the dyno very consistently. It smooths out the timing curve as well and the car runs very well on the dyno with it.

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s (Post 6864074)

It's 29.95 a bottle and a case of 6 is $164.95. You do not use a whole bottle usually like you do with other Octane boosters. You can download the Boostane app and use that to identify the amount of octane booster to add to achieve the final octane number you are looking to achieve.

Originally Posted by Dan Barbeau (Post 6864193)
+1
MMT in Torco Kill my cats!

MMT is definitely a part of the formula that Boostane uses but it is done differently then other octane boosters so I will explain it to you. What Boostane does differently than other Octane boosters is that it is formulated in a way that keeps all of the chemicals used so that they don't separate. It keeps the MMT in suspension with the other chemicals and everything other octane booster does not have that type of formula.Your plugs and cats are safe because the proprietary carrier and delivery system is able to avoid these issues by keeping all of the active ingredients, regardless of density, in suspension indefinitely. All other octane boosters have difficulties of keeping all of the active ingredients, including MMT, from falling out of suspension. Once it falls out of suspension their is no way of keeping these ingredients from being drawn through your fuel system in a coagulated form and that is when you will have problems with plus, injectors and filters.

Boostane does not have these issues.

I recommend you download the app and check it out. In California we have horrible fuel so we use it just to get a small increase in octane so we can be on par with the rest of the country. It's really amazing what a difference you will see between 91 octane fuel and 93 octane fuel. When only looking for a small increase in octane you will find that the Boostane lasts for a long time providing a very good value to the customer.

fallen 07-20-2016 04:30 PM

OK, downloaded the app and, according to the calculator, to achieve 93 octane on a 14 gallon gas tank one needs 0.5 quart of boostane...
But wait! EXACTLY the same amount is required to achieve 95 octane!:eek:

Not only it's expensive for the daily use, but also smells of BS...

Staff@WORLD 07-20-2016 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by fallen (Post 6864679)
OK, downloaded the app and, according to the calculator, to achieve 93 octane on a 14 gallon gas tank one needs 0.5 quart of boostane...

Well, I guess we will have to put it to the test.

I don't wanna sell any bs and I don't want to be the one to show how a car performed on it because people like you won't believe it if the results are very positive so I have an idea.

You are in LA. Why don't you come down and put your car on our dyno and baseline it with 3 passes. Let's then put the Boostane in it and test it again with 3 passes and see if it makes a difference. I will do this for you for free. I am hoping that you have a modified car.

It would be so much better if I did this with someone that has no vested interest in this so you make a great candidate for the test.

chrisridebike8 07-20-2016 07:55 PM

I googled it and ths GT-R guys seemed to like it more than torco.

zcct04 07-20-2016 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6864707)

I don't wanna sell any bs and I don't want to be the one to show how a car performed on it because people like you won't believe it if the results are very positive so I have an idea.

You are in LA. Why don't you come down and put your car on our dyno and baseline it with 3 passes. Let's then put the Boostane in it and test it again with 3 passes and see if it makes a difference. I will do this for you for free. I am hoping that you have a modified car.

It would be so much better if I did this with someone that has no vested interest in this so you make a great candidate for the test.

Wow - THAT is a very generous offer! And a great way to find out how well the product really works. Your rep just jumped a bunch!

fallen 07-20-2016 11:05 PM

Your offer is EXTREMELY generous - Thank you!
Let's move to PM from here ;-)

Mazspeed 07-20-2016 11:17 PM

I'm not buying it unless I see live dyno results. Which I highly doubt you will or can produce.
30hp increase in a BMW 750 with one can of octane booster is BS. There is not 30hp to be gained with a 750 with 2-4 octane numbers.
At our local 76 in Los Gatos sells 100 octane fuel. I put it in and cannot feel a difference. I am sure my timing is advancing automatically, but if there is no HP to be gained, it's just not there. I may gain at most 5-10HP running straight 100, so I will bet the farm that putting in this can of whatever, won't get more gains then that. In fact it won't.
Unless you have liquid Jesus coming out of these can's, I am not buying it. Literally and figuratively.
People buy penis pills and diet pills for the same reason. HOPE.

looney100 07-20-2016 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6864551)

MMT is definitely a part of the formula that Boostane uses but it is done differently then other octane boosters so I will explain it to you. What Boostane does differently than other Octane boosters is that it is formulated in a way that keeps all of the chemicals used so that they don't separate. It keeps the MMT in suspension with the other chemicals and everything other octane booster does not have that type of formula.Your plugs and cats are safe because the proprietary carrier and delivery system is able to avoid these issues by keeping all of the active ingredients, regardless of density, in suspension indefinitely. All other octane boosters have difficulties of keeping all of the active ingredients, including MMT, from falling out of suspension. Once it falls out of suspension their is no way of keeping these ingredients from being drawn through your fuel system in a coagulated form and that is when you will have problems with plus, injectors and filters.

Boostane does not have these issues.

The previous poster mentioned concerns about MMT and catalytic converters. Who cares how one booster suspends it vs. Another, once it's burned, the same exhaust gases are heading to the cat.

looney100 07-20-2016 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6864996)
I'm not buying it unless I see live dyno results. Which I highly doubt you will or can produce.
30hp increase in a BMW 750 with one can of octane booster is BS. There is not 30hp to be gained with a 750 with 2-4 octane numbers.
At our local 76 in Los Gatos sells 100 octane fuel. I put it in and cannot feel a difference. I am sure my timing is advancing automatically, but if there is no HP to be gained, it's just not there. I may gain at most 5-10HP running straight 100, so I will bet the farm that putting in this can of whatever, won't get more gains then that. In fact it won't.
Unless you have liquid Jesus coming out of these can's, I am not buying it. Literally and figuratively.

Most cars will see very little or no benefit from increased octane fuel unless they are tuned to exploit it. Waste of money for most of us.

chrisridebike8 07-20-2016 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6864996)

Depends what year 750. If it had the N63tu motor with twin turbos, fuel makes more of a difference. The GT-R stuff I was looking at had someone do some independent dyno testing and they claimed some pretty significant gains. One test added a can to 5 gal and one added a can to 7 gal IIRC. Much different than half a can to 14 gal though. Here is the thread I was reading. Take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...ctane-booster/

Mazspeed 07-21-2016 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 6865020)
Depends what year 750. If it had the N63tu motor with twin turbos, fuel makes more of a difference. The GT-R stuff I was looking at had someone do some independent dyno testing and they claimed some pretty significant gains. One test added a can to 5 gal and one added a can to 7 gal IIRC. Much different than half a can to 14 gal though. Here is the thread I was reading. Take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...ctane-booster/

Yeah, snake oil.
In high boost applications, yes higher octane is very important. But a can of this cannot boost octane that high even in a 7 gal tank. If you ran 91 in a 7 gal tank with 91 in it, and ran a can of this "Boostane" crap octane booster you might be able to get .5 1.0 increase on the AKI octane scale. So in a 25 gal tank on a BMW 750 of any kind is not going to get you 30hp. I'd bet my dick on that. The results that the link you provided was a fabrication. I don't trust the company providing results unless it's 3rd party verified, which of course it's not. Read the last link I put in here. They test the theory of this in a lab. Nothing beats lab and street testing.

http://mycarneedsthis.com/the-best-o...s-and-reviews/
http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...uel-additives/

Mazspeed 07-21-2016 01:13 AM

Not only that, but the chemicals they put in this stuff is known to foul plugs and kill 02 sensors.
If you get anything, get fuel cleaner. Not Octane booster. $29.99 for this garbage. You might as well light your money on fire. This guy is peddling crap!

If you believe the OP you will believe this.

the2000r 07-21-2016 07:46 AM

Wow, let's go then!

Staff@WORLD 07-21-2016 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Barbeau (Post 6865204)
Wow, let's go then!

First come, first serve on the offer. Let's just make the only stipulation that it must be a modified car.

We are ready to do the test on someones car from the form.

MrDuckBootz 07-22-2016 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6865083)
Not only that, but the chemicals they put in this stuff is known to foul plugs and kill 02 sensors.
If you get anything, get fuel cleaner. Not Octane booster. $29.99 for this garbage. You might as well light your money on fire. This guy is peddling crap!

If you believe the OP you will believe this.

2 Enzyte Commercials - YouTube

**** YOU

Mazspeed 07-22-2016 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by MrDuckBootz (Post 6866156)
I LOVE YOU

Ahhhh, thank you.

zcct04 07-22-2016 12:48 PM

Well done Mazspeed! Thanks for not feeding the alligators.

velic63finland 07-23-2016 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by fallen (Post 6864679)

Is this octane sama as we are in finland? Because we have 95 is minium octane and then is 98 and shell 98+ what that +ever means. :)

glennhl 07-23-2016 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by velic63finland (Post 6867147)
Is this octane sama as we are in finland? Because we have 95 is minium octane and then is 98 and shell 98+ what that +ever means. :)

Just so you know, Europe uses Research Octane Number (RON), where the US uses the average of Research Octane Number and Motor Octane Number. If the Octane rating in Europe is 95, the same gas would only be around 91 in the US.

velic63finland 07-23-2016 12:13 PM

Ok. Only i know that gas in finland is high quality. And all in europe.

glennhl 07-23-2016 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by velic63finland (Post 6867167)
Ok. Only i know that gas in finland is high quality. And all in europe.

I'd stick with that Shell 98.