MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Boostane Octane Boost-Tried and Tested (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/632270-boostane-octane-boost-tried-tested.html)

Staff@WORLD 07-19-2016 01:30 PM

Boostane Octane Boost-Tried and Tested

We tried the Boostane Octane Booster and have had some really incredible results. Since we are in California and suffer from horrible 91 Octane fuel, we were searching for a decent solution. Unlike most Octane boosters, the Boostane app (available on IOS and Android) helps you determine how much octane booster you need to add to your gas. Download the app for free on your smartphone to try it out.

I would recommend buying a case of octane booster and leaving it in the box in your trunk and add it to your fuel every time you fill up.

We have tested this on the dyno and it makes great power with California fuel.

We sell this by the can and the case. If you are coming to use our dyno I suggest that we throw a can in after all your power runs to see what kind of horsepower and torque you are leaving on the table by not using this stuff. Everyone that has tried it on the dyno has bought a case when they left.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

If you want to purchase some and try it for yourself please feel free to stop by our shop in SoCal.

zcct04 07-20-2016 01:07 AM

Gimme numbers. How much dyno improvement did you see, and how much Boostane did you add between the tests?

m a x i m u s 07-20-2016 01:59 AM

What's the cost, and does it contain MMT?

the2000r 07-20-2016 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s (Post 6864074)

+1
MMT in Torco Kill my cats!

Staff@WORLD 07-20-2016 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by zcct04 (Post 6864040)
Gimme numbers. How much dyno improvement did you see, and how much Boostane did you add between the tests?

Some of the numbers we have seen are kind of unbelievable. With a full mix of Boostane we have see my tuned BMW 750 increase by 30 horsepower on the dyno very consistently. It smooths out the timing curve as well and the car runs very well on the dyno with it.

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s (Post 6864074)

It's 29.95 a bottle and a case of 6 is $164.95. You do not use a whole bottle usually like you do with other Octane boosters. You can download the Boostane app and use that to identify the amount of octane booster to add to achieve the final octane number you are looking to achieve.

Originally Posted by Dan Barbeau (Post 6864193)
+1
MMT in Torco Kill my cats!

MMT is definitely a part of the formula that Boostane uses but it is done differently then other octane boosters so I will explain it to you. What Boostane does differently than other Octane boosters is that it is formulated in a way that keeps all of the chemicals used so that they don't separate. It keeps the MMT in suspension with the other chemicals and everything other octane booster does not have that type of formula.Your plugs and cats are safe because the proprietary carrier and delivery system is able to avoid these issues by keeping all of the active ingredients, regardless of density, in suspension indefinitely. All other octane boosters have difficulties of keeping all of the active ingredients, including MMT, from falling out of suspension. Once it falls out of suspension their is no way of keeping these ingredients from being drawn through your fuel system in a coagulated form and that is when you will have problems with plus, injectors and filters.

Boostane does not have these issues.

I recommend you download the app and check it out. In California we have horrible fuel so we use it just to get a small increase in octane so we can be on par with the rest of the country. It's really amazing what a difference you will see between 91 octane fuel and 93 octane fuel. When only looking for a small increase in octane you will find that the Boostane lasts for a long time providing a very good value to the customer.

fallen 07-20-2016 04:30 PM

OK, downloaded the app and, according to the calculator, to achieve 93 octane on a 14 gallon gas tank one needs 0.5 quart of boostane...
But wait! EXACTLY the same amount is required to achieve 95 octane!:eek:

Not only it's expensive for the daily use, but also smells of BS...

Staff@WORLD 07-20-2016 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by fallen (Post 6864679)
OK, downloaded the app and, according to the calculator, to achieve 93 octane on a 14 gallon gas tank one needs 0.5 quart of boostane...

Well, I guess we will have to put it to the test.

I don't wanna sell any bs and I don't want to be the one to show how a car performed on it because people like you won't believe it if the results are very positive so I have an idea.

You are in LA. Why don't you come down and put your car on our dyno and baseline it with 3 passes. Let's then put the Boostane in it and test it again with 3 passes and see if it makes a difference. I will do this for you for free. I am hoping that you have a modified car.

It would be so much better if I did this with someone that has no vested interest in this so you make a great candidate for the test.

chrisridebike8 07-20-2016 07:55 PM

I googled it and ths GT-R guys seemed to like it more than torco.

zcct04 07-20-2016 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6864707)

I don't wanna sell any bs and I don't want to be the one to show how a car performed on it because people like you won't believe it if the results are very positive so I have an idea.

You are in LA. Why don't you come down and put your car on our dyno and baseline it with 3 passes. Let's then put the Boostane in it and test it again with 3 passes and see if it makes a difference. I will do this for you for free. I am hoping that you have a modified car.

It would be so much better if I did this with someone that has no vested interest in this so you make a great candidate for the test.

Wow - THAT is a very generous offer! And a great way to find out how well the product really works. Your rep just jumped a bunch!

fallen 07-20-2016 11:05 PM

Your offer is EXTREMELY generous - Thank you!
Let's move to PM from here ;-)

Mazspeed 07-20-2016 11:17 PM

I'm not buying it unless I see live dyno results. Which I highly doubt you will or can produce.
30hp increase in a BMW 750 with one can of octane booster is BS. There is not 30hp to be gained with a 750 with 2-4 octane numbers.
At our local 76 in Los Gatos sells 100 octane fuel. I put it in and cannot feel a difference. I am sure my timing is advancing automatically, but if there is no HP to be gained, it's just not there. I may gain at most 5-10HP running straight 100, so I will bet the farm that putting in this can of whatever, won't get more gains then that. In fact it won't.
Unless you have liquid Jesus coming out of these can's, I am not buying it. Literally and figuratively.
People buy penis pills and diet pills for the same reason. HOPE.

looney100 07-20-2016 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6864551)

MMT is definitely a part of the formula that Boostane uses but it is done differently then other octane boosters so I will explain it to you. What Boostane does differently than other Octane boosters is that it is formulated in a way that keeps all of the chemicals used so that they don't separate. It keeps the MMT in suspension with the other chemicals and everything other octane booster does not have that type of formula.Your plugs and cats are safe because the proprietary carrier and delivery system is able to avoid these issues by keeping all of the active ingredients, regardless of density, in suspension indefinitely. All other octane boosters have difficulties of keeping all of the active ingredients, including MMT, from falling out of suspension. Once it falls out of suspension their is no way of keeping these ingredients from being drawn through your fuel system in a coagulated form and that is when you will have problems with plus, injectors and filters.

Boostane does not have these issues.

The previous poster mentioned concerns about MMT and catalytic converters. Who cares how one booster suspends it vs. Another, once it's burned, the same exhaust gases are heading to the cat.

looney100 07-20-2016 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6864996)
I'm not buying it unless I see live dyno results. Which I highly doubt you will or can produce.
30hp increase in a BMW 750 with one can of octane booster is BS. There is not 30hp to be gained with a 750 with 2-4 octane numbers.
At our local 76 in Los Gatos sells 100 octane fuel. I put it in and cannot feel a difference. I am sure my timing is advancing automatically, but if there is no HP to be gained, it's just not there. I may gain at most 5-10HP running straight 100, so I will bet the farm that putting in this can of whatever, won't get more gains then that. In fact it won't.
Unless you have liquid Jesus coming out of these can's, I am not buying it. Literally and figuratively.

Most cars will see very little or no benefit from increased octane fuel unless they are tuned to exploit it. Waste of money for most of us.

chrisridebike8 07-20-2016 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6864996)

Depends what year 750. If it had the N63tu motor with twin turbos, fuel makes more of a difference. The GT-R stuff I was looking at had someone do some independent dyno testing and they claimed some pretty significant gains. One test added a can to 5 gal and one added a can to 7 gal IIRC. Much different than half a can to 14 gal though. Here is the thread I was reading. Take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...ctane-booster/

Mazspeed 07-21-2016 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 6865020)
Depends what year 750. If it had the N63tu motor with twin turbos, fuel makes more of a difference. The GT-R stuff I was looking at had someone do some independent dyno testing and they claimed some pretty significant gains. One test added a can to 5 gal and one added a can to 7 gal IIRC. Much different than half a can to 14 gal though. Here is the thread I was reading. Take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, snake oil.
In high boost applications, yes higher octane is very important. But a can of this cannot boost octane that high even in a 7 gal tank. If you ran 91 in a 7 gal tank with 91 in it, and ran a can of this "Boostane" crap octane booster you might be able to get .5 1.0 increase on the AKI octane scale. So in a 25 gal tank on a BMW 750 of any kind is not going to get you 30hp. I'd bet my dick on that. The results that the link you provided was a fabrication. I don't trust the company providing results unless it's 3rd party verified, which of course it's not. Read the last link I put in here. They test the theory of this in a lab. Nothing beats lab and street testing.

http://mycarneedsthis.com/the-best-o...s-and-reviews/
http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...uel-additives/

Mazspeed 07-21-2016 01:13 AM

Not only that, but the chemicals they put in this stuff is known to foul plugs and kill 02 sensors.
If you get anything, get fuel cleaner. Not Octane booster. $29.99 for this garbage. You might as well light your money on fire. This guy is peddling crap!

If you believe the OP you will believe this.

the2000r 07-21-2016 07:46 AM

Wow, let's go then!

Staff@WORLD 07-21-2016 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Barbeau (Post 6865204)
Wow, let's go then!

First come, first serve on the offer. Let's just make the only stipulation that it must be a modified car.

We are ready to do the test on someones car from the form.

MrDuckBootz 07-22-2016 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6865083)
Not only that, but the chemicals they put in this stuff is known to foul plugs and kill 02 sensors.
If you get anything, get fuel cleaner. Not Octane booster. $29.99 for this garbage. You might as well light your money on fire. This guy is peddling crap!

2 Enzyte Commercials - YouTube

**** YOU

Mazspeed 07-22-2016 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by MrDuckBootz (Post 6866156)
I LOVE YOU

Ahhhh, thank you.

zcct04 07-22-2016 12:48 PM

Well done Mazspeed! Thanks for not feeding the alligators.

velic63finland 07-23-2016 11:46 AM

Is this octane sama as we are in finland? Because we have 95 is minium octane and then is 98 and shell 98+ what that +ever means. :)

glennhl 07-23-2016 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by velic63finland (Post 6867147)
Is this octane sama as we are in finland? Because we have 95 is minium octane and then is 98 and shell 98+ what that +ever means. :)

Just so you know, Europe uses Research Octane Number (RON), where the US uses the average of Research Octane Number and Motor Octane Number. If the Octane rating in Europe is 95, the same gas would only be around 91 in the US.

velic63finland 07-23-2016 12:13 PM

Ok. Only i know that gas in finland is high quality. And all in europe.

glennhl 07-23-2016 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by velic63finland (Post 6867167)
Ok. Only i know that gas in finland is high quality. And all in europe.

I'd stick with that Shell 98.

kjkidd21 10-20-2016 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6865454)
First come, first serve on the offer. Let's just make the only stipulation that it must be a modified car.

We are ready to do the test on someones car from the form.

Did anyone ever take you up on this?

There are a bunch of people calling BS here and this guy is literally offering to run 3 baseline dynos, give you the product for free, and then run 3 more dynos. There has got to be someone in the area that can spare a couple hours and do this to prove whether or not this product truly works or not. Someone step up to the plate here - let's go.

Mazspeed 10-20-2016 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by kjkidd21 (Post 6946941)

There are a bunch of people calling BS here and this guy is literally offering to run 3 baseline dynos, give you the product for free, and then run 3 more dynos. There has got to be someone in the area that can spare a couple hours and do this to prove whether or not this product truly works or not. Someone step up to the plate here - let's go.

He's just promoting. I'm sure he had no intentions of doing this test because it would never work.

Staff@WORLD 10-20-2016 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by kjkidd21 (Post 6946941)

Nobody every took me up on the offer, you would of thought someone would.

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6947311)
He's just promoting. I'm sure he had no intentions of doing this test because it would never work.

You're in California, why don't you come and do it, Maybe you just think that I won't really do it because I'm just promoting.

Until you actually hear of me blowing someone off, then you can say something. Now seeing how you haven't heard of me blowing anyone off (because that's not what I do) you should keep those types of opinions to yourself.

Maybe you should test me and see if I end up putting my foot in my mouth. I'm not worried about it so come on down and lets test your car......

kjkidd21 10-20-2016 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6947470)
Maybe you should test me and see if I end up putting my foot in my mouth. I'm not worried about it so come on down and lets test your car......

There's the offer, Mazspeed.

He just called you out. See if he's a man of his word - I am betting he is.

Mazspeed 10-20-2016 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6947470)
Nobody every took me up on the offer, you would of thought someone would.

You're in California, why don't you come and do it, Maybe you just think that I won't really do it because I'm just promoting.

Until you actually hear of me blowing someone off, then you can say something. Now seeing how you haven't heard of me blowing anyone off (because that's not what I do) you should keep those types of opinions to yourself.

As you can tell from my profile, I am in Northern California. I am not going to drive 350 miles to disprove your product.
First off, it's impossible that your little can is going to up the octane enough in a tank of gas to make 30hp in a modified car. It's not going to happen.
I use to race cars for years and spent countless amounts of money and time and research on getting the very last bit out of any of the cars we raced.
Now, if you have a car like mine or many of the cars here on this forum, putting California gas 91 octane in your car is your baseline. 15 gallons. Now if you split the tank with sunco 100 octane fuel, say 7 1/2 and 71/2 of 91, you get around 95 1/2 or so octane in your car.
You may get around 10-18hp difference, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less, but that's 7 1/2 gallons of race fuel to get those octane levels.
So are you telling me that your magic can will make a full tank of 91 go as high as 95-96 octane or higher to get the higher power numbers so that your knock sensors will allow for more advanced timing?

This is what I think of your sales tactic.
:bs:

You're no different than the guy saying that his Royal Purple product will decrease engine temps on the race track by 30 degrees and the other idiot that was saying that his goofy spacers added another 30 hp.
Do all you guys come from the same bull**** factory together? Maybe you can weasel a few sales here and there, but you're not getting your snake oil by me pal!

Mazspeed 10-20-2016 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by kjkidd21 (Post 6947593)
There's the offer, Mazspeed.

He just called you out. See if he's a man of his word - I am betting he is.

Yeah thanks, I already know the answer to this question. I don't need to drive 350 miles to do it for a stupid forum post, but why don't you do it? While your down there, you can check for yourself if he's man enough.

kjkidd21 10-20-2016 11:48 PM

I live in Minnesota, so, yeah, definitely not driving to California.

Internet tough guys like yourself crack me up though. No one asked you to be a F***** D***HEAD. It's a car forum, Mr. Keyboard Warrior, take it easy.

Mazspeed 10-21-2016 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by kjkidd21 (Post 6947678)
I live in Minnesota, so, yeah, definitely not driving to California.

Internet tough guys like yourself crack me up though. No one asked you to be a F***** D***HEAD. It's a car forum, Mr. Keyboard Warrior, take it easy.

It's ironic that the guy cursing at another is the one complaining about someone else who didn't do it to them in the first place. Irony at it's best. Or worst.

fu03steve 10-21-2016 02:50 AM

I typically don't enjoy hating and judging of others. That's why, I'm hardly on the forum nowadays. I will take on the offer. As heard, reputation of World Motorsports is quite decent but since they're offering, I don't mind it. Plus, my car is somewhat modified; just a little bit :naughty: I will call first before stopping by Monday of next week. It would be a drive for me to get there from IE but why not try it out when World Motorsports is so generous on the offer.

World Motorsports, if product is great, I will have to take some home.

fu03steve 10-21-2016 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6947659)
Yeah thanks, I already know the answer to this question. I don't need to drive 350 miles to do it for a stupid forum post, but why don't you do it? While your down there, you can check for yourself if he's man enough.

We all drive 350+ miles to Las Vegas for sh*t and giggles. Why not to a shop to get free dyno and receive some free expensive boosters?

Mazspeed 10-21-2016 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6947753)
We all drive 350+ miles to Las Vegas for sh*t and giggles. Why not to a shop to get free dyno and receive some free expensive boosters?

I don't drive to Vegas, or LA. I'm old enough that I don't want to spend 8 hours in a car anymore. Maybe in my youth.
The thing is, I can get a free dyno here. I could buy a can of this stuff and go to my friends shop and do it there, but I know what the result will be. And I would fell like an idiot for wasting 2 hours instead of 20. I'm sorry, but a 12oz can of octane booster is not going to have enough liquid in it to boost octane to any number that would boost power. It just won't.
The only way it could help any, is if you had 1/2 gallon of gas in the tank and had a boosted car running 87 octane. Then maybe for one pull on so little fuel, that the can was able to boost octane more than 6 or 7 points, then maybe.
But with 15 gallons of 91 that little can is going to do absolutely nothing. If you google test results and reviews of the best octane boosters you will see that they do nothing other than cleanse your wallet of money.

Mazspeed 10-21-2016 04:19 AM

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/fuel-...ng-comparison/

Staff@WORLD 10-21-2016 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6947747)
I typically don't enjoy hating and judging of others. That's why, I'm hardly on the forum nowadays. I will take on the offer. As heard, reputation of World Motorsports is quite decent but since they're offering, I don't mind it. Plus, my car is somewhat modified; just a little bit :naughty: I will call first before stopping by Monday of next week. It would be a drive for me to get there from IE but why not try it out when World Motorsports is so generous on the offer.

I will see you on Monday.

MB_SD 10-21-2016 04:01 PM

:popcorn:

Adi-Benz 10-21-2016 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by MB_SD (Post 6948267)
:popcorn:

*Grabs seat next to him*

kjkidd21 10-21-2016 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6947747)

I'm not going to lie, I am a bit skeptical myself, but I salute you for taking this on :y

If I lived within reasonable driving distance, I certainly would have done it. Looking forward to seeing the outcome!

gaspam 10-23-2016 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6865083)

2 Enzyte Commercials - YouTube

sounds like you are angry cuz you got burned buying those pills thinking they would make your pp bigger:)

I for one have never heard of enzyte until now because i never had a need to research bigger pp pills :) maybe now we can understand why you're always so negative and bitter :rolleyes:

Mazspeed 10-23-2016 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 6949771)
sounds like you are angry cuz you got burned buying those pills thinking they would make your pp bigger:)

I for one have never heard of enzyte until now because i never had a need to research bigger pp pills :) maybe now we can understand why you're always so negative and bitter :rolleyes:

Ahh, the third grade comeback. No mom jokes? So of course your small mind comes up with something like that. I make a comment about 2 ridicules products in comparison, and your little brain feeds your fingers to type that as fact that I bought one of them due to having a small penis. :crazy:

Thanks, your shallow and dimwitted mind was on display for all to see. You should have stuck with fat mom jokes or something along that nature. :loser:

SuperFastYo 10-24-2016 02:20 PM

Devils advocate here: Can't I just add like 10% e85 to my tank from my local gas station and achieve the same thing?

EDIT:
Patiently waiting for Maz to come back with the results. When are you supposed to go down for the test?

Mazspeed 10-24-2016 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6950563)
Devils advocate here: Can't I just add like 10% e85 to my tank from my local gas station and achieve the same thing?

EDIT:
Patiently waiting for Maz to come back with the results. When are you supposed to go down for the test?

E85 would do the trick, but I don't think our cars can run it. I am sure there is a conversion kit for such a thing. Maybe.

I have no reason to go down there. As I said before and if you look at all the octane booster reviews online, they will all tell you the same thing I am. They don't work as advertised. Putting in 100 octane full would be the better way to go. You could pour 2 or 3 gallons of 100 and above to achieve 95+ octane which is about the best at where a NA car like ours can handle. Even running 95 is not going to get you more than 10hp, maybe a little more, but this bottle of magic beans this guy is peddling is not going to give you 30hp like he says.

looney100 10-24-2016 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6950563)

EDIT:

If your base fuel is E10, 10% E85 would put you at ~18% ethanol - far beyond the 10% limit Mercedes advises.

fu03steve 10-24-2016 11:01 PM

Postponed to World Motorsports

For those of you whom are waiting for the results of Boostane, I failed to tell you that as a proud Californian. My car refused to operate under rainy weather. World Motorsports did not deny of my visit, I was not able to take the car there. I will take the car there next Monday. Standby guys, unless someone else has already tried before my arrival.

Staff@WORLD 10-25-2016 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6950954)
For those of you whom are waiting for the results of Boostane, I failed to tell you that as a proud Californian. My car refused to operate under rainy weather. World Motorsports did not deny of my visit, I was not able to take the car there. I will take the car there next Monday. Standby guys, unless someone else has already tried before my arrival.

Next week does not work for us, we will be at SEMA all week.

fu03steve 10-25-2016 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6951061)
Next week does not work for us, we will be at SEMA all week.

Right right! Totally forgot about that. I'll try to go this Thursday afternoon if that works. I'll be at No Fly Zone on the 5th. Want to see if I can make more power.

Staff@WORLD 10-25-2016 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6951072)
Right right! Totally forgot about that. I'll try to go this Thursday afternoon if that works. I'll be at No Fly Zone on the 5th. Want to see if I can make more power.

Call me first, we might be stressing to get our SEMA builds done because they have to be on the way to SEMA by Saturday.

ecohen2 10-27-2016 05:53 AM

Just to be clear... Higher Octane does not increase power, it just reduced the gasolines tendency to pre-ignite. In older cars you would hear knocking with lower octane fuel. In modern cars they pull timing which in theory would reduce power and eliminates the damage that knocking does. However, head and cylinder design has greatly reduced the need for anti-knocking agents, so I seriously doubt you would get noticeable difference.

Ethanol has even less energy than gasoline but has different knocking characteristics.. If you guys want a good chemical explanation, I can find one for you...

Ed

SuperFastYo 10-27-2016 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by ecohen2 (Post 6953202)
Just to be clear... Higher Octane does not increase power, it just reduced the gasolines tendency to pre-ignite. In older cars you would hear knocking with lower octane fuel. In modern cars they pull timing which in theory would reduce power and eliminates the damage that knocking does. However, head and cylinder design has greatly reduced the need for anti-knocking agents, so I seriously doubt you would get noticeable difference.

Ethanol has even less energy than gasoline but has different knocking characteristics.. If you guys want a good chemical explanation, I can find one for you...

Ed

??? So, when I switched to e85 on my last car my power increased by a lot. Not saying you're wrong, I just have had a different experience.

glennhl 12-08-2016 05:28 PM

OK, what happened to the test? What are the results?

C SEXY 3 12-08-2016 08:01 PM

Hey did anyone ever take you up on the offer? Because I will :)

Adi-Benz 12-08-2016 08:02 PM

Yeah let us know

SuperFastYo 12-09-2016 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6990292)
Hey did anyone ever take you up on the offer? Because I will :)

this! Let us know what happens if you do it!

Staff@WORLD 12-09-2016 12:10 PM

Nobody has come down to take us up on it.

C SEXY 3 12-09-2016 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6990899)

Well seeing as you've already dyno'd my car stock, back when we did the dyno day for AMG SoCal Lounge let me know when you're available! I would love to come check this stuff out since I am always looking for some kind of product like this. I will get Thomas (MJ50) to do a video before an after if he's up for it lol!

SuperFastYo 12-09-2016 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6990903)
Well seeing as you've already dyno'd my car stock, back when we did the dyno day for AMG SoCal Lounge let me know when you're available! I would love to come check this stuff out since I am always looking for some kind of product like this. I will get Thomas (MJ50) to do a video before an after if he's up for it lol!

& I'll come watch :y

m a x i m u s 12-09-2016 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD

Are you in Torrance?

kimeran 12-12-2016 08:09 AM

Is it too late to grab the popcorn? :popcorn:

Staff@WORLD 12-12-2016 12:10 PM

Just give us a call at (310) 533-8900 if you want to be the person to try this. We have had many people say they are coming but they never show up.

The only thing we ask is that the car is modified, not stock. That should not be to hard to find considering the forum that we are on.

C SEXY 3 12-13-2016 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6993185)
Just give us a call at (310) 533-8900 if you want to be the person to try this. We have had many people say they are coming but they never show up.

The only thing we ask is that the car is modified, not stock. That should not be to hard to find considering the forum that we are on.

I am just setting up the day!!! Taking the day off work so I can come during a weekday haha! Let me just get that locked and I will let you know. Going to do a full video review for you too!

Jasonoff 12-13-2016 06:49 PM

Excited to see how a bottle of magic sauce will put down more ponies than race fuel with a specific tune for it.

C SEXY 3 12-28-2016 03:49 PM

Doing the pulls tomorrow morning will have numbers posted soon after!

chrisridebike8 12-28-2016 04:52 PM

What time are your pulls? The shop is 2 hrs from me.

Jasonoff 12-28-2016 04:58 PM

What LSD tabs are you guys gonna take?

chrisridebike8 12-28-2016 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7007626)
What LSD tabs are you guys gonna take?

Ha! I'm not high enough to put any of that crap in my car. I'm just on holiday break and think it would be cool to meet more AMG people.

Jasonoff 12-29-2016 08:08 AM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ae/ae787...432a2f8310.jpg

SuperFastYo 12-29-2016 01:29 PM

csexy3 is testing now! Just posted to his insta of a dyno run. Looks good guys, just waiting for him to post the dyno results.

BLKROKT 12-29-2016 02:05 PM

They must be pumping that stuff into the air there. You're all hallucinating now.

C SEXY 3 12-29-2016 03:36 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...bf1c4a7026.jpg

WITH BOOST

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ef4950fc4c.jpg

NO BOOST

SuperFastYo 12-29-2016 03:37 PM

now we wait for Blk's reply... LOL

Adi-Benz 12-29-2016 04:00 PM

couldn't you just throw in regular octane booster tho :S

*crickets*

chrisridebike8 12-29-2016 04:09 PM

How many pulls were done? The AFR is much leaner on the later pulls after the car has adjusted a bit (advantage to the booster). Without changing fuel I have seen almost 20 whp gained from the first to the fourth pull.

C SEXY 3 12-29-2016 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7008758)
How many pulls were done? The AFR is much leaner on the later pulls after the car has adjusted a bit (advantage to the booster). Without changing fuel I have seen almost 20 whp gained from the first to the fourth pull.

3 pulls before booster and 3 pulls after the booster.

Keep in mind, I also drove from Whittier to Torrance, 28 miles one way with a couple good hard pulls on the freeway before hand lol

Savage-wp 12-29-2016 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7008758)

On the No Boost sheet it says Run 2. So I assume they did 2 runs without the booster.
Then on the Boost sheet it says Run 3. So I assume they did 2 runs to get the car to adapt. And then the 3rd run is what they have printed.
I would think they would have driven it around a bit before running to get the fuel to mix properly.

thesaintusa 12-29-2016 04:22 PM

Would like to know how many pulls done in each setting.

Even adding booster, ideally you want to add when empty and then fill the tank to aid in mixing (like adding fuel stabilizer), or pre-mix to ensure perfect mixing.

If there is an average (between pre and post fuel additive) runs of 23 rwhp that is impressive. I don't understand it but I would like to know what the average timing was for both sets of runs.

Running octane additives in my Rx-7 (toluene 1/3, 93 octane 2/3) we were able to run a lot more timing to make more power, but just adding toluene (octane 114) without changing the tune did very little. The 1/3:2/3 ratio gave us around 98 effective octane rating.

Wonder if the C63 ECU is pulling timing on the dyno with regular fuel (91/93) and able to advance with additive to make more power.

But my understanding of chemistry is that unless the additive is incredibly high in octane (>114 for example of the toluene I have used), adding a small volume will not change the overall octane much.

For toluene we were running 1/3 volume toluene to bump up the octane from 91 to 98.

Anyways, looks promising. Wonder if the results are consistent among other cars. As a scientist would like to see the results in multiple cars, but have to admit I am impressed (yet skeptical).

Savage-wp 12-29-2016 04:28 PM

MMT is a very strong octane booster. I'm assuming this is what is being used as the active ingredient in this booster.

Savage-wp 12-29-2016 04:30 PM

I know on my previous car, which was a modded 6L Chevrolet Lumina (Pontiac G8) we ran NF octane booster and it did help. But this was a modded car with higher timing. Without octane booster we could log the ECU pulling timing. With octane booster we did not see any timing being pulled.
So a good octane booster can work, but the car needs to be tuned for it.

BLKROKT 12-29-2016 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by thesaintusa (Post 7008768)
Wonder if the C63 ECU is pulling timing on the dyno with regular fuel (91/93) and able to advance with additive to make more power.

Without datalogs to prove it conclusively, I am 99% sure the ECU pulls timing on 91/93 octane. We debated in this thread some time ago: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ane-usage.html

I picked up over 3mph in the 1/4 on a stock tune just switching to race gas (Sunoco 93 vs VP109). Have tons of data to show it. No other changes. Same day, same conditions, runs just a few minutes apart. These engines run noticeably better/smoother/stronger on 100+ octane race gas. With 11.3:1 compression ratio combined with how hot these things run, I suspected that timing is pulled on the top end when really beating on it, even in stock form, when using 91/93 pump.

Originally Posted by thesaintusa (Post 7008768)
But my understanding of chemistry is that unless the additive is incredibly high in octane (>114 for example of the toluene I have used), adding a small volume will not change the overall octane much.

For toluene we were running 1/3 volume toluene to bump up the octane from 91 to 98.

Anyways, looks promising. Wonder if the results are consistent among other cars. As a scientist would like to see the results in multiple cars, but have to admit I am impressed (yet skeptical).

Agree. Higher octane fuel makes a big difference even without a specific tune, but I just can't see how an 8oz bottle moves the needle meaningfully here. Doesn't make sense to me.

BLKROKT 12-29-2016 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 7008765)

Keep in mind, I also drove from Whittier to Torrance, 28 miles one way with a couple good hard pulls on the freeway before hand lol

How much Boostane was added to how much and what brand/octane gas exactly?

gofisch 12-29-2016 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 7008765)

Did you buy any?

C SEXY 3 12-29-2016 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7008792)
How much Boostane was added to how much and what brand/octane gas exactly?

I had almost no gas on my way down so I added 8 gallons of Mobil 1 - 91 octane (CA gas) added 1 full bottle of professional Boostane

Originally Posted by gofisch (Post 7008826)
Did you buy any?

No but I will on our next dyno day at this shop. Won't use it all the time but once in a while I most definitely will.

MJ50 12-29-2016 05:56 PM

here's the video from today...

BLKROKT 12-29-2016 06:12 PM

Disregarding the fact that dynos are only good for testing the effect of mods on a certain day, and that they all read differently so can't be compared like-for-like. Isn't 437whp a little low for a headers car? The post-boostane number of 460whp is where I would have expected the baseline to be on good gas.

Can't discount the positive effect of the Boostane in this instance, however I wonder if you'd see the same gains outside of CA and the total **** gas you get there.

thesaintusa 12-29-2016 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7008885)
Disregarding the fact that dynos are only good for testing the effect of mods on a certain day, and that they all read differently so can't be compared like-for-like. Isn't 437whp a little low for a headers car? The post-boostane number of 460whp is where I would have expected the baseline to be on good gas.

Can't discount the positive effect of the Boostane in this instance, however I wonder if you'd see the same gains outside of CA and the total **** gas you get there.

This and your previous post kind of jibe with what I was thinking with respect to having timing pulled up top.

If we had the datalogs for timing then we would have some idea of how this worked, rather than trying to guess how or why the booster works. I am assuming that it is a timing issue.

The part I am having trouble understanding is how such a small volume of booster can impact the overall octane rating.

But there are things that are 'discovered' that are seemingly simple that do make a difference in life. I guess the bottomline is that somehow this works.

Not sure why California has 'bad gas' when other parts of the country don't? And if the rest of the country has good gas and less timing pulled then if the benefits of the octane booster are relevant for the rest of us.

thesaintusa 12-29-2016 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7008790)
Without datalogs to prove it conclusively, I am 99% sure the ECU pulls timing on 91/93 octane. We debated in this thread some time ago: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ane-usage.html

I picked up over 3mph in the 1/4 on a stock tune just switching to race gas (Sunoco 93 vs VP109). Have tons of data to show it. No other changes. Same day, same conditions, runs just a few minutes apart. These engines run noticeably better/smoother/stronger on 100+ octane race gas. With 11.3:1 compression ratio combined with how hot these things run, I suspected that timing is pulled on the top end when really beating on it, even in stock form, when using 91/93 pump.

3mph in the 1/4 is a real difference, and makes sense that changes in timing are being realized. 30-40 difference.

Would be nice to see the same car run a bunch of 1/4 mile runs with and without the octane booster (i.e. 5 runs with and without the same day obviously). I suspect that you would see a difference in mph.

How did they do it? :nix: Kudos to them.

C SEXY 3 12-29-2016 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by thesaintusa (Post 7008900)
3mph in the 1/4 is a real difference, and makes sense that changes in timing are being realized. 30-40 difference.

Would be nice to see the same car run a bunch of 1/4 mile runs with and without the octane booster (i.e. 5 runs with and without the same day obviously). I suspect that you would see a difference in mph.

How did they do it? :nix: Kudos to them.

Willing to give this a shot next time I can get to Fontana for a 1/4 mile run.

Staff@WORLD 12-29-2016 06:32 PM

Well, seeing how my shop is in California, it is a relevant part for us to sell. We tested the product before we have purchased it and found that it worked on every car that we tested. We tested every available Octane Booster with standard 91 Octane California fuel and the Boostane, by far, worked the best. We did all the work so our customers could enjoy the results. We wouldn't sell it if it didn't work well.

There was no reason for me to put the results up here because all that would turn into is that we manipulated the dyno in order to sell this to our customers. That is why I offered this opportunity to an MBWorld member to come and do for themselves. I am just surprised that it took this long for a member to step up and take advantage of this. I was hoping for a supercharged car or a turbo car that is tuned, because the results on those cars are amazing but even with an NA C63 with exhaust I wasn't worried that we would see noticeable results. If you are supercharged or turbocharged with a tune and you are looking for max power, put a case of Boostane in your trunk. A case of Boostane will cover 12 tanks of gas which will only add $13.75 to every fill up.

We do see that the cars run more timing but what is better is how smooth the timing curve is after adding Boostane. Adding Boostane adds power and its power that you can feel.

We have it in stock, we are located right off the Western exit of the 405 and it is a great additive if you plan to go racing or you are going to take a spirited drive. Come in today to stock up on it.

Boostane Professional-
1) 16 ounce bottle- $29.95
6) 16 ounce bottles- $164.95

gaspam 12-29-2016 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7008729)
now we wait for Blk's reply... LOL

lol ,and mazspeed... he was the biggest hater/ doubter in this thread and proven wrong... sure he will come up with some excuse like dyno was manipulated or some conspiracy theory to not have to admit he was wrong lol

Jasonoff 12-29-2016 09:11 PM

In a controlled lab environment, a 23WHP gain from a splash of secret sauce defies physics. That's the only reason why there are skeptics here.

Most of the "believer" posts in this thread appear to come from non mechanically inclined individuals. That doesn't help either.

Not discrediting the gain, but there's something else at play that this booster may or may not be overcoming something such as pulled timing due to garbage fuel. I could likely reproduce this exact data by adding 89OCT fuel to an empty tank for a few pulls, then dumping and refilling with 91 for the other pulls.

If you have legit 98RON fuel that the M156 was designed to run on. Adding a little bottle of this booster into the tank won't produce these gains because it just physically can't do it.

thesaintusa 12-29-2016 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7009034)
In a controlled lab environment, a 23WHP gain from a splash of secret sauce defies physics. That's the only reason why there are skeptics here.

Most of the "believer" posts in this thread appear to come from non mechanically inclined individuals. That doesn't help either.

Not discrediting the gain, but there's something else at play that this booster may or may not be overcoming something such as pulled timing due to garbage fuel. I could likely reproduce this exact data by adding 89OCT fuel to an empty tank for a few pulls, then dumping and refilling with 91 for the other pulls.

If you have legit 98RON fuel that the M156 was designed to run on. Adding a little bottle of this booster into the tank won't produce these gains because it just physically can't do it.

Hence why it would be nice to see the timing logs during the 6 pulls.

The alternative is that this booster is able to influence the octane rating with what is seemingly a very small volume.

I am hugely skeptical that it would do anything as I know to have any meaningful improvement in octane from a booster takes a lot of volume (in my case we were adding 1/3 of a tank of toluene).

Your last paragraph gets to my question about what would happen if you had no timing pull and added this booster. I suspect no change in power output would be realized, unless this booster acts in a different manner than we understand.

Jasonoff 12-29-2016 11:32 PM

This "test" nets more gain than a C63 physically tuned for race fuel. There's no such thing as magic, just sleight of hand...

gaspam 12-29-2016 11:36 PM

for someone that thinks he's expert in the laws of physics and mechanically inclined, and puts down others he thinks isnt, you sure dont seem to know how much 2 oct (91 vs 89 from your example) is worth in timing and thus hp... general rule is 1.5 oct per 1 degree of timing, and 2-3 hp on n/a motor per degree, so lets do some math.... (91-89)/1.5= 1.33 timing, so 1.33 x 2 hp = 2.66 HP for 89 oct to 91 oct on low est and 1.33 x 3 hp = 3.99 HP for 89 oct to 91 oct on high est... thats a far cry from the 23 hp gained... try again with another excuse

also c63 was designed to run on 98 RON in stock form, tune it (as this one is) and start pushing the timing tables and there are going to be areas and times when tuned car will pull timing... that is when oct booster or race fuel will show gains

BLKROKT 12-29-2016 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009148)
for someone that thinks he's expert in the laws of physics and mechanically inclined, and puts down others he thinks isnt, you sure dont seem to know how much 2 oct (91 vs 89 from your example) is worth in timing and thus hp... general rule is 1.5 oct per 1 degree of timing, and 2-3 hp on n/a motor per degree, so lets do some math.... (91-89)/1.5= 1.33 timing, so 1.33 x 2 hp = 2.66 HP for 89 oct to 91 oct on low est and 1.33 x 3 hp = 3.99 HP for 89 oct to 91 oct on high est... thats a far cry from the 23 hp gained... try again with another excuse

also c63 was designed to run on 98 RON in stock form, tune it (as this one is) and start pushing the timing tables and there are going to be areas and times when tuned car will pull timing... that is when oct booster or race fuel will show gains

Ok genius. So please educate us as to how 8oz of a liquid when added to 8gal (1024oz) of 91 octane raises the overall octane to, say 100? What is this magic stuff, like 1000-octane by itself? Because that's close to what it would have to be. It's called 6th grade math.

gaspam 12-30-2016 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7009175)
Ok genius. So please educate us as to how 8oz of a liquid when added to 8gal (1024oz) of 91 octane raises the overall octane to, say 100? What is this magic stuff, like 1000-octane by itself? Because that's close to what it would have to be. It's called 6th grade math.

ummm its called octane booster, it boost octane Genius, running 100 oct would net about 20hp on a tuned car... mystery solved (and yeah i know higher oct doesnt help if car isnt pulling timing.... log your car doing a few high speed pulls and report back)

keep the excuses coming... hey arent you the guy in the airfilter spacer thread that said he would eat his shoe if dyno produced any results and when it did, you punked out? you have a history of crying foul when you are proven wrong and you cant understand that you are wrong... its ok, keep going through life thinking you're never wrong and then making excuses when you are proven wrong:y

BLKROKT 12-30-2016 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009189)
ummm its called octane booster, it boost octane Genius, running 100 oct would net about 20hp on a tuned car... mystery solved (and yeah i know higher oct doesnt help if car isnt pulling timing.... log your car doing a few high speed pulls and report back)

keep the excuses coming... hey arent you the guy in the airfilter spacer thread that said he would eat his shoe if dyno produced any results and when it did you punked out? you have a history of crying foul when you are proven wrong and cant understand why you are wrong... its ok, keep going through life thinking you're never wrong and then making excuses when you are proven wrong:y

You're an idiot. Math and logic clearly not your strong suit, ok. Hint: ((1024*91)+(8*1000))/1032=98

Stupid post here quoted for posterity.

gaspam 12-30-2016 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7009195)
You're an idiot. Math and logic clearly not your strong suit, ok. Hint: ((1024*91)+(8*1000))/1032=98

Stupid post here quoted for posterity.

gawd you are dumb... it takes .6 qt to raise 91 oct to 100 oct with octane booster... hell with torco you only have to add 16oz to 5 gal of gas to get from 91 to 102.... seriously blah blah blah you are clueless lol

the formula for quarts of octane booster needed for 100 oct is (gals treatedx4)/80:1..... so for 8 gal = .4 quarts needed (12.8 oz)

gtr guys have been using it for a while and picking up nice gains, but i am sure you know more than the gtr world too

by the way, your formula is wrong smarty... the cans are 16 oz not 8, which makes the octane booster's theoretical oct around 500 (which is on par with torco)... what you think nothing can have a higher rating than gas? lol

BLKROKT 12-30-2016 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009202)
gawd you are dumb... it takes .6 qt to raise 91 oct to 100 oct with octane booster... hell with torco you only have to add 16oz to 5 gal of gas to get from 91 to 102.... seriously blah blah blah you are clueless lol

the formula for quarts of octane booster needed for 100 oct is (gals treatedx4)/80:1..... so for 8 gal = .4 quarts needed (12.8 oz)

gtr guys have been using it for a while and picking up nice gains, but i am sure you know more than the gtr world too

Math. Not too good. I get that you'd rather make up some formula, that's ok. For 12.8oz of anything to raise 8gal (1024oz) of 91 octane gas to 100, it would have to be over 1000 octane. What don't you get about this, it's a calculation, math, it's unarguable. I don't know how to make it any clearer for you slow guy. Your made-up formula there means precisely nothing because it's not based on, you know, logic.

Savage-wp 12-30-2016 12:59 AM

There is no magic here. The C63 is designed to run on 98 gas. Anything less than that and the ECU pulls timing. When the ECU pulls timing it generally pulls more than it needs to so you see dips in the dyno graph. This leads to a drop in power.
This gets even worse on a tuned car that is pushing more timing.
This test was done on a tuned car running 91 octane. So it would have been pulling lots of timing.
Add the booster, and it pulls less or no timing, and you make more power.
In South Africa, we get 95 fuel. I have run my C63 on the dyno on normal pump gas, then filled the tank with normal pump gas and added a bottle of NF, and driven back to the dyno. It consistently makes more power with the NF. I'll have to dig up the graphs to let you know the difference.
Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT or MCMT) is what I assume is the main additive.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meth...se_tricarbonyl

gaspam 12-30-2016 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7009215)
Math. Not too good. I get that you'd rather make up some formula, that's ok. For 12.8oz of anything to raise 8gal (1024oz) of 91 octane gas to 100, it would have to be over 1000 octane. What don't you get about this, it's a calculation, math, it's unarguable. I don't know how to make it any clearer for you slow guy. Your made-up formula there means precisely nothing because it's not based on, you know, logic.

lol you can keep making your meritless insults, just shows what a insecure little man you are :) and yes its math and because you got a number the indicates octane booster has a very high effective oct, you think it just cant be because nothing can have a higher octane than gas right? lmao! dude you have no clue about what you are talking about... torco (which is similar to the octane booster) has been tested before and it comes in about 462.... keep arguing with results as if that is going to change the dyno lol

gaspam 12-30-2016 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7009216)
There is no magic here. The C63 is designed to run on 98 gas. Anything less than that and the ECU pulls timing. When the ECU pulls timing it generally pulls more than it needs to so you see dips in the dyno graph. This leads to a drop in power.
This test was done on a tuned car running 91 octane. So it would have been pulling lots of timing.
In South Africa, we get 95 fuel. I have run my C63 on the dyno on normal pump gas, then filled the tank with normal pump gas and added a bottle of NF, and driven back to the dyno. It consistently makes more power with the NF. I'll have to dig up the graphs to let you know the difference.
Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT or MCMT) is what I assume is the main additive.

finally someone that gets it :)

BLKROKT 12-30-2016 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009221)
its math and because you got a number the indicates octane booster has a very high effective oct, you think it just cant be because nothing can have a higher octane than gas right? lmao! dude you have no clue about what you are talking about... torco (which is similar to the octane booster) has been tested before and it comes in about 462.... keep arguing with results as if that is going to change the dyno lol

So you're saying that this stuff has over twice the effective stand-alone octane rating as Torco. Ok.

gaspam 12-30-2016 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7009223)
So you're saying that this stuff has over twice the effective stand-alone octane rating as Torco. Ok.

nope, about 40.6 % more ( ~650) ... its funny you keep thinking octane booster in terms of gas concentrations ... its like comparing coca leaf concentration vs pure cocaine lol.... there is a reason you only put 16oz in your gas tank

i've used torco in my b5 s4 and picked up 15-20whp on dyno without changing my timing map same day before and many other people on the bmw s63tu platform and gtr as well... this is nothing new

m a x i m u s 12-30-2016 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp

+1. I know my ecu pulls timing due to our CA 91 octane crap. I can understand BLKROKT's argument; he's simply saying that that octane booster isn't effective enough. I dunno. I'd love to find an effective solution though bc I know my car could put out more ponies with even 93.

Jasonoff 12-30-2016 09:16 AM

I could likely reproduce this exact data by adding 89OCT fuel to an empty tank for a few pulls, then dumping and refilling with 91 for the other pulls.

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009148)

I may have missed the part where I said I was an expert in the laws of physics, my bad if I did actually state that somewhere (I didn't BTW...).

It's not just the octane delta, it's also how much timing would be pulled on 89 and I doubt it would be linear. Incase you don't understand, I am betting on a similar HP loss with 89 vs 91 (maybe 23WHP :nix:) than the HP gain from 91 to whatever this magic sauce raises it to.

Not discrediting the gain, but there's something else at play that this booster may or may not be overcoming something such as pulled timing due to garbage fuel.

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7009216)

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009222)
finally someone that gets it :)

I pretty much say the exact same thing with less words and he gets it but I don't? :rolf:

You're way too emotional about this stuff.

SuperFastYo 12-30-2016 10:09 AM

Everyone: :argue:
Me::popcorn:

playing devils advocate: Considering what people are saying, couldn't I just add a bit of e85 and get the same results?

Savage-wp 12-30-2016 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7009427)
Everyone: :argue:
Me::popcorn:

playing devils advocate: Considering what people are saying, couldn't I just add a bit of e85 and get the same results?

If the car can use E85, then yes. Anything that yields a higher octane rating will have less to no detonation, and therefore no retarded timing, which would give more power.

SuperFastYo 12-30-2016 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7009536)
If the car can use E85, then yes. Anything that yields a higher octane rating will have less to no detonation, and therefore no retarded timing, which would give more power.

I'm sure a gallon wouldn't hurt much, would it? That should raise the octane at least close to the specified 98 octane. I would run 50/50 in my 335i (but I was modded and boosting at about 18psi so huge difference in setups). I never replaced my LPFP or HPFP or any of my fuel lines. It ran fine, so Im only assuming we can run a little in our tanks. Again, could be wrong but thats just based off my experience.

Cli63 12-30-2016 11:45 AM

Isn't US 91/93 equivalent to 95/98 RON? So if you are boosting the octane to 100 on US gas won't that be around 110+ in RON?

gaspam 12-30-2016 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7009378)
It's not just the octane delta, it's also how much timing would be pulled on 89 and I doubt it would be linear. Incase you don't understand, I am betting on a similar HP loss with 89 vs 91 (maybe 23WHP :nix:) than the HP gain from 91 to whatever this magic sauce raises it to.

and this is where you obviously dont know anything about timing and oct... as i explained 2 oct points is nowhere near enough to cause the timing pull that would result on 23whp change.... like i illustrated before, its worth maybe 1 to 1.5 degrees of timing pulled... if you think that is worth 23 whp then you have never tuned a car or messed with any timing tables and tested timing tweeks... again, 1 degree of timing is worth maybe 2-3 hp on a n/a motor and 2pt change in oct isnt going to pull more than 2 degrees of timing (and therefor no more than 3-4 hp)...again, come up with a better excuse as to why the dyno results dont fit your narrative

SuperFastYo 12-30-2016 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009574)
and this is where you obviously dont know anything about timing and oct...

lol chill Gaspam, were just talking about octane of gas. Not world politics :y

Jasonoff 12-30-2016 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009574)
again, 1 degree of timing is worth maybe 2-3 hp on a n/a motor

So you're saying this is true for any NA motor regardless of output? Cool...

gaspam 12-30-2016 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7009427)

E85 is great, but you would have to have tank of almost 100% e85 to get the same effective octane of what the octane booster is supposed to do (get you around 100-104 oct).. and then you need to tune, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump to notice advantage of e85 due to different stoichiometric afr of it vs gas

also ethanol has about 35% less energy that gas, so unless you increase you're fueling you will lose power...gas has a stoichiometric afr of 14.7 to 1, E85 is 9.8 to 1. So on pump gas we need 14.7 parts air to mix with 1 part gas. On E85 its 1 part fuel to 9.8 parts air. So on E85 the afr needs to be a lot richer, which means it has a larger volume of fuel. For this you need to inject around 35% more e85 to mix with the same volume of air when we switch from gasoline to E85.

i've only seen 1 MB guy running e85 over on the e55 forum and it wasnt an easy path... MB's are a pain with tuning

gaspam 12-30-2016 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7009631)
So you're saying this is true for any NA motor regardless of output? Cool...

it has some variance, but not a 475% variance (23hp vs 4 hp)... for a N/A car that is 300-500 hp the margin of error wouldnt be that big.... for a 8000 hp nitromethane car then sure that hp per degree of timing would be off, but that's not what we are talking about

Jasonoff 12-30-2016 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009637)
it has some variance, but not a 475% variance (23hp vs 4 hp)... for a N/A car that is 300-500 hp the margin of error wouldnt be that big.... for a 8000 hp nitromethane car then sure that hp per degree of timing would be off, but that's not what we are talking about

What about RPM, displacement, crank/rod geometry, compression ratio, temperature, fuel table, etc?

Can you also explain how this magic sauce nets a larger gain without being specifically tuned for vs one that has been specifically tuned for with race fuel?

Does that mean you're implying using this stuff on a tuned for 91 C63 is better than using race fuel with a specific tune for it? :nix:

skratch77 12-30-2016 01:45 PM

I have 93 Oct here will this stuff do anything with 93 Oct or is it for people using 91

gaspam 12-30-2016 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7009645)
What about RPM, displacement, crank/rod geometry, compression ratio, temperature, fuel table, etc?

Can you also explain how this magic sauce nets a larger gain without being specifically tuned for vs one that has been specifically tuned for with race fuel?

Does that mean you're implying using this stuff on a tuned for 91 C63 is better than using race fuel with a specific tune for it? :nix:

lol crank/rod geometry... you're grasping

you know you gain hp on no2 without tuning for it either right? magic sauce strikes again .. same as nitropropanes/nitroparraffins used in concentrates power adders

and no, specific tune for specific octane is always best.... keep in mind, no tune is 100% perfect in all conditions, in every gear at every speed and every baro pressure, etc. hence why you're car will adjust timing and higher oct will mitigate that to an extent when it happens

gaspam 12-30-2016 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7009682)
I have 93 Oct here will this stuff do anything with 93 Oct or is it for people using 91

You can only add so much timing before the motor starts to lose power regardless of what you have for Octane, so biggest bang for the buck is going to be guys on lower 91 octane

BLKROKT 12-30-2016 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009632)
E85 is great, but you would have to have tank of almost 100% e85 to get the same effective octane of what the octane booster is supposed to do (get you around 100-104 oct).. ...... blah blah blah blah

You're on ****ing drugs if you think any octane booster is getting you 100-104 octane (AKI not RON). It may be able to mask low quality gas, but you're not getting instant race gas from this stuff. Put down the pipe.

Savage-wp 12-30-2016 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7009743)
You're on ****ing drugs if you think any octane booster is getting you 100-104 octane (AKI not RON). It may be able to mask low quality gas, but you're not getting instant race gas from this stuff. Put down the pipe.

Definitely agree with you there. Proper race gas, is always going to be better than pump gas with octane booster.

gaspam 12-30-2016 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7009743)

you're to dense to know the difference between an autoparts store octane booster (crap) and a race fuel concentrate (torco, boostane, etc...), they are not even close to the same and its been tested many times, old news that you still havent heard (by the way, the earth isnt flat but im sure you think all those satellite images of earth are a hoax lol)

i gained 2 mph trap using torco on my b5 s4

hell, even coxoc gained 20 hp under curve on a old mustang like 10yrs ago

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...ower-additive/

SuperFastYo 12-30-2016 03:04 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9955f04f89.gif

gaspam 12-30-2016 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7009754)
Definitely agree with you there. Proper race gas, is always going to be better than pump gas with octane booster.

I dont disagree with this... a uniform mixture of pure race gas is better if you can afford to run it and have a VP/sunco station nearby... concentrates can be harsh on fuel systems but they do work... now octane booster from pepboys, different story (crap)

Jasonoff 12-30-2016 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7009711)
lol crank/rod geometry... you're grasping

Are you saying that doesn't change the advance/retard angle limits in relation to how timing affects TDC? If so, can you please explain it to me? I'm trying to learn here.

you know you gain hp on no2 without tuning for it either right?

I thought nitrous was mainly a physical element. Since it's oxygen rich, it leans out the AFR causing the ECU to add more fuel for correction (this is done automatically). It also helps cool the combustion chamber. More fuel and cooler temperatures creates more energy resulting in more power. Absolutely zero tuning required. You can't compare increased octane levels to nitrous. Same goes for methanol, both of which generally require modifications to both the timing and fuel map to take advantage of. Maybe I don't understand how any of this works either so could you maybe help explain this to me as well? I enjoy asking potentially dumb questions since it may help others afraid to ask. :y

and no, specific tune for specific octane is always best.... keep in mind, no tune is 100% perfect in all conditions, in every gear at every speed and every baro pressure, etc. hence why you're car will adjust timing and higher oct will mitigate that to an extent when it happens

You have typed a lot of words and still haven't explained to me why dumping in a bottle of magic sauce with no specific tune for it nets more gains than race fuel with a specific tune for it.

That's just not adding up for me. But, if you could explain it without being all emo, maybe I'd understand.

gaspam 12-30-2016 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7009998)
Are you saying that doesn't change the advance/retard angle limits in relation to how timing affects TDC? If so, can you please explain it to me? I'm trying to learn here.

oh so the M156 engine changes its crank / rod geometry on the fly, wow cool, i heard of variable geometry turbos, but didnt know the M156 has variable geometry crank and rods lol

I thought nitrous was mainly a physical element. Since it's oxygen rich, it leans out the AFR causing the ECU to add more fuel for correction (this is done automatically). It also helps cool the combustion chamber. More fuel and cooler temperatures creates more energy resulting in more power. Absolutely zero tuning required. You can't compare increased octane levels to nitrous. Same goes for methanol, both of which generally require modifications to both the timing and fuel map to take advantage of. Maybe I don't understand how any of this works either so could you maybe help explain this to me as well? I enjoy asking potentially dumb questions since it may help others afraid to ask. :y

oxygen rich you say... hmmm... like (CH3C5H4)Mn(CO)3... <---psst, that stuff is in fuel concentrates....interesting, do go on chemistry professor (btw i am a chemical engineer)... please educate me on nitrous being a physical element :D:rolf:

You have typed a lot of words and still haven't explained to me why dumping in a bottle of magic sauce with no specific tune for it nets more gains than race fuel with a specific tune for it.

i have, you just dont get it...also there was a dyno that showed it, but you chose to not believe your eyes, so what you cant understand or believe must be untrue right? :). go pour water in your gas tank and take a drive, its only water, chemically neutral so it should have no effect right? .... now if it does something (even something really bad) it must be "magic sauce" right?

I will leave you for now to contemplate your next move on how to disprove the independent dyno in this thread since the changing fuel from 89 to 91 theory didnt pan out for you...

btw you are basically calling "c sexy 3" a liar by implying he didnt put the 91 oct in his tank that he said he did.... so you gonna stick with that theory that c sexy 3 put 89 oct in his tank to make his before dyno look bad and then drained his tank of the 89 and put higher octane gas in for the after dyno to make it look good? he went out of his way to do the dyno for the forum and then you calling him a liar? cool move bro, im out

C SEXY 3 12-30-2016 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7010076)
oh so the M156 engine changes its crank / rod geometry on the fly, wow cool, i heard of variable geometry turbos, but didnt know the M156 has variable geometry crank and rods lol

oxygen rich you say... hmmm... like (CH3C5H4)Mn(CO)3... <---psst, that stuff is in fuel concentrates....interesting, do go on chemistry professor (btw i am a chemical engineer)... please educate me on nitrous being a physical element :D:rolf:

i have, you just dont get it...also there was a dyno that showed it, but you chose to not believe your eyes, so what you cant understand or believe must be untrue right? :). go pour water in your gas tank and take a drive, its only water, chemically neutral so it should have no effect right? .... now if it does something (even something really bad) it must be "magic sauce" right?

I will leave you for now to contemplate your next move on how to disprove the independent dyno in this thread since the changing fuel from 89 to 91 theory didnt pan out for you...

btw you are basically calling "c sexy 3" a liar by implying he didnt put the 91 oct in his tank that he said he did.... so you gonna stick with that theory that c sexy 3 put 89 oct in his tank to make his before dyno look bad and then drained his tank of the 89 and put higher octane gas in for the after dyno to make it look good? he went out of his way to do the dyno for the forum and then you calling him a liar? cool move bro, im out

This is why I stopped posting this was going no where fast even with proof. I guess that saying is true...

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...886ba62ea6.jpg

:beatdeadh

skratch77 12-30-2016 11:54 PM

all I know is when I get my car out of winter storage you can bet anything I'm buying a can of this **** and taking it to the track.

Mazspeed 12-31-2016 04:18 AM

Ok, after having gone through this thread a bit. I have come to the conclusion that Gaspam has no clue what he is talking about and is really bad at math.

Having said that, people have said that the C63 is better at higher Oct, like 98 or whatever is peak efficiently. This is true. The higher the Octane the better the engine will run and pull less timing out. It works in most cars other than NA rotaries.

I don't doubt a high octane liquid will provide higher HP benefits for the car. I might even believe the gains seen on the dyno test today. Hence why they sell race gas.
What I don't believe is that 1 16 oz bottle can raise the oct number high enough on a full tank from 91 to 97-98 enough to gain meaningful HP numbers.

It's impossible that a 16oz can could raise the number enough to do this. That is our argument. Now if you had 1 gallon of 91 fuel in the car and then put in 16oz of this stuff in there, it "could" render the results seen.

Maybe. But not with 15 gal. There is simply not enough magic in the can to do a full 15 gal tank.
I don't doubt oct boosters ability to raise the oct levels, but only to a certain amount.

Even 108 oct booster raises a 15 gal tank by only .2 or .03 to 91.2 or 91.3. Not enough to make any difference at all.

Doing a dyno test by a company who sells it is pointless. Many factors can be done to show or manipulate gains. It's very easy that someone can take my car in front of me, put me to the side, change a few perimeters in each run without me knowing and do a dyno run to see the changes.

Showing me a dyno graph does absolutely nothing as far as proving gains by a company that sells the product.

I would like to know why the same formula used in every other product is somehow much more concentrated in this product?

Savage-wp 12-31-2016 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MMT is a knock suppressant. By suppressing knock you effectively raise the octane. It is used in the fuel industry around the world.
Good quality Octane boosters use it. It does not require large quantities to treat gas.
See attached pdf.

gaspam 12-31-2016 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7010427)
MMT is a knock suppressant. By suppressing knock you effectively raise the octane. It is used in the fuel industry around the world.
Good quality Octane boosters use it. It does not require large quantities to treat gas.
See attached pdf.

oh that's witchcraft :) 1 drop mmt per L increases oct 2 pts... damm magic sauce :) dont give these guys facts, they dont believe in them lol, anything they cant comprehend must be untrue

gaspam 12-31-2016 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 7010302)
Ok, after having gone through this thread a bit. I have come to the conclusion that Gaspam has no clue what he is talking about and is really bad at math.

show me where my math was off... I'll wait :rolleyes:

Having said that, people have said that the C63 is better at higher Oct, like 98 or whatever is peak efficiently. This is true. The higher the Octane the better the engine will run and pull less timing out. It works in most cars other than NA rotaries.

wow thanks captain obvious, no one that's been around cars doesnt know that, but that's kinda contrary to all the "higher oct aint gonna do nuthin without a tune bro" crowd on this thread... watch out you're talking sacrilege now:)

I don't doubt a high octane liquid will provide higher HP benefits for the car. I might even believe the gains seen on the dyno test today.

ok good, at least you believe a c63 can pick up 23 whp on a dyno from race gas with no change in tune

It's impossible that a 16oz can could raise the number enough to do this. That is our argument.

it can, you just dont understand chemistry. you probably dont think a tiny little atom couldnt cause a reaction that destroys a city either right? .... how could something so small cause such a big change? hmmm, must of been a hoax in hiroshima

I would like to know why the same formula used in every other product is somehow much more concentrated in this product?

oh so you know the formula used in boostane? please post it because i havent found its msds anywhere, but according to you i'm clueless so clue me in on the formula please and post the msds...I'll wait :) ...until then facts are, forum member put his car on dyno added bottle to 8 gal of gas and made more power than he did on 91 fuel alone...something you (and few others) said wouldnt happened.... you lost hillary, quit making excuses:y

BLKROKT 12-31-2016 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7010454)
oh that's witchcraft :) 1 drop mmt per L increases oct 2 pts... damm magic sauce :) dont give these guys facts, they dont believe in them lol, anything they cant comprehend must be untrue

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7010487)
show me where my math was off... I'll wait :rolleyes:

wow thanks captain obvious, no one that's been around cars doesnt know that, but that's kinda contrary to all the "higher oct aint gonna do nuthin without a tune bro" crowd on this thread... watch out you're talking sacrilege now:)

ok good, at least you believe a c63 can pick up 23 whp on a dyno from race gas with no change in tune

it can, you just dont understand chemistry. you probably dont think a tiny little atom couldnt cause a reaction that destroys a city either right? .... how could something so small cause such a big change? hmmm, must of been a hoax in hiroshima

oh so you know the formula used in boostane? please post it because i havent found its msds anywhere, but according to you i'm clueless so clue me in on the formula please and post the msds...I'll wait :) ...until then facts are, forum member put his car on dyno added bottle to 8 gal of gas and made more power than he did on 91 fuel alone...something you (and few others) said wouldnt happened.... you lost hillary, quit making excuses:y

Saved for posterity before you edit it again. No knowledge, no content, no answers. Just flailing around like you always do, ruining every thread you touch.

gaspam 12-31-2016 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7010542)
Saved for posterity before you edit it again. No knowledge, no content, no answers. Just flailing around like you always do, ruining every thread you touch.

no knowledge and no content from me? lol go search my diy threads i started (supercharger bearing replacement, airmatic replacement, etc etc.. and meth install on audi forum) and let compare them to your diy threads.... what have you offered , other than a loud mouth insult factory:D

kickinrocks 12-31-2016 01:18 PM

Damn guys. I came on to this thread looking for some quality information about potential performance boosters as demonstrated by video and intelligent discourse of knowledgeable people as one may expect representative of a Mercedes Benz forum. Instead, I got 3 pages of pointless insults that wouldn't even be seen or tolerated in my older Civic forum. :crazy: Comeon guys, you talk about cleaning up the forum to make it better and then engage in pointless rhetoric like this...the higher level Benz car forums have to be :smash:

Adi-Benz 12-31-2016 01:19 PM

How about you guys take a break from taking shots at each other before you earn yourselves a ban. No need to get this heated on this topic. Believe what you want. BUT if you're going to try and disprove it, DO IT CORRECTLY IN THE RIGHT MANNER. I have no interest in getting mixed up in this so please just be respectful.

gaspam 12-31-2016 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7010626)
There you go. Another stalker just like AveryWhss. Remember what happened to him when he started stalking people? Enjoy your coming vacation.

Picture taken 10yrs ago and I had my head shaved closely genius. And I looked damn good thanks! That car was mean, had just broken 206mph at Bruntingthorpe. Appreciate your stalking me and everything, it's very flattering but I'm happily married big boy. Kisses! :y

stalking? bro you put that picture on a public forum on the internet lmao! its public domain... take it down if you dont like people seeing it on the interwebs lol :D thanks for the kisses, Beijos para voce para o meu amor :)

BLKROKT 12-31-2016 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 7010629)
stalking? bro you put that picture on a public forum on the internet lmao! its public domain... take it down if you dont like people seeing it on the interwebs lol :D thanks for the kisses, Beijos para voce para o meu amor :)

Yes stalking. You must have spent quite some time to find my username and that pic on 6SpeedOnline. Probably know my name too now. Congrats. Really though, you could just send me a nice note or flowers or something. I'm old-fashioned like that.

gaspam 12-31-2016 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 7010625)
Damn guys. I came on to this thread looking for some quality information about potential performance boosters as demonstrated by video and intelligent discourse of knowledgeable people as one may expect representative of a Mercedes Benz forum. Instead, I got 3 pages of pointless insults that wouldn't even be seen or tolerated in my older Civic forum. :crazy: Comeon guys, you talk about cleaning up the forum to make it better and then engage in pointless rhetoric like this...the higher level Benz car forums have to be :smash:

to you , and the rest that dont resort to calling the member that did the dyno basically a liar and calling me "gay", i apologize .... but to the insult factory guy blkrokt, nope :rolleyes:

Jasonoff 12-31-2016 01:38 PM

Sometimes you have to cut your losses and stop tossing money at a bad investment.

Mazspeed 12-31-2016 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7010427)
See attached pdf.

I have seen that before. It's a complete lie. One drop of mmt is not going to raise the octane level 2 numbers. That's just more BS. It's never been proven anywhere in independent testing. So if you put one drop of mmt, it's going to raise 91 to 91.1? Won't happen. If there was an independent lab that could verify this, I would be interested to look at those results.
the big problem with mmt is YES, MMT does leave deposits in both combustion chamber and your Cat converter and egr valves. This is one reason why it was banned as an additive for fuels in California and many other states due to it's corrosive properties not only in the engine, but in the atmosphere and ground wells as well.

It clogs everything. Arco used it as an oct lifter in the 70's and now lead the way in removing it from all gasoline. If this product uses mmt in any way in high amounts, you won't have your engine long. You cannot use too much of it. In fact none of our race teams ever used it because of the damage it can cause.

Mazspeed 12-31-2016 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7010631)
Yes stalking. You must have spent quite some time to find my username and that pic on 6SpeedOnline. Probably know my name too now. Congrats. Really though, you could just send me a nice note or flowers or something. I'm old-fashioned like that.

I would not even bother talking to him anymore. He has shown himself to be a complete moron. It would be nice if the mods would get rid of him though.

Rock 12-31-2016 02:37 PM

Thread cleaned. If the insults continue we may have a few less members.:)

Savage-wp 12-31-2016 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 7010687)
I have seen that before. It's a complete lie. One drop of mmt is not going to raise the octane level 2 numbers. That's just more BS. It's never been proven anywhere in independent testing. So if you put one drop of mmt, it's going to raise 91 to 91.1? Won't happen. If there was an independent lab that could verify this, I would be interested to look at those results.
the big problem with mmt is YES, MMT does leave deposits in both combustion chamber and your Cat converter and egr valves. This is one reason why it was banned as an additive for fuels in California and many other states due to it's corrosive properties not only in the engine, but in the atmosphere and ground wells as well.

It clogs everything. Arco used it as an oct lifter in the 70's and now lead the way in removing it from all gasoline. If this product uses mmt in any way in high amounts, you won't have your engine long. You cannot use too much of it. In fact none of our race teams ever used it because of the damage it can cause.

Really. I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
I was under the impression that MMT was one of the additives that caused the least amount of wear compared to some of the other additives used.

Mazspeed 12-31-2016 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7010734)
Really. I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
I was under the impression that MMT was one of the additives that caused the least amount of wear compared to some of the other additives used.

Yeah it's nasty stuff. It's magnesium based and is very corrosive. Newer systems like what we have in our cars cannot take MMT. Their are some areas around the world where they still use it as a fuel additive like China and Canada, but they keep knocking down the amount used.

Many auto makers are against the use of it because what it does to their systems.

If this product has it in there, I would avoid it like the plague.

glennhl 12-31-2016 09:03 PM

I've been following this thread and I find it very interesting. I was one of the naysayers that said this would never work, but it appears to me that it does. Why? Like most people on here say, because the engine is pulling less timing.

First off, people have written that the car is designed for 98 RON. Remember, Research Octane Number is higher than the US standard which is (research + motor)/2. If I remember correctly, 98 RON is around 94 octane at an US Pump.

Second, at least with my 2006 Vette, once the computer pulls timing, it really pulls a ton of timing out and it takes forever for it to recover. Does anyone here know what the Mercedes computer does? When I had my Vette tuned after bolt-ons, the tuner actually pulled out timing. The reasoning is that you don't want the computer pulling timing. When we pulled out timing, the car actually made more power because the computer was not pulling a ton of timing out.

So if the octane booster raises the octane enough to keep the engine from pulling timing, I could see where it would make more power. It would be nice to see some logs of the before and after to see what was happening with the spark advance.

Savage-wp 01-01-2017 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by glennhl (Post 7010951)
I've been following this thread and I find it very interesting. I was one of the naysayers that said this would never work, but it appears to me that it does. Why? Like most people on here say, because the engine is pulling less timing.

First off, people have written that the car is designed for 98 RON. Remember, Research Octane Number is higher than the US standard which is (research + motor)/2. If I remember correctly, 98 RON is around 94 octane at an US Pump.

Second, at least with my 2006 Vette, once the computer pulls timing, it really pulls a ton of timing out and it takes forever for it to recover. Does anyone here know what the Mercedes computer does? When I had my Vette tuned after bolt-ons, the tuner actually pulled out timing. The reasoning is that you don't want the computer pulling timing. When we pulled out timing, the car actually made more power because the computer was not pulling a ton of timing out.

So if the octane booster raises the octane enough to keep the engine from pulling timing, I could see where it would make more power. It would be nice to see some logs of the before and after to see what was happening with the spark advance.

That was my thinking as well. It's not that you are actually gaining all the power.
It just stops you from loosing power when the ECU pulls lots of timing. I believe all cars pull quite a bit of timing when they detect knock.

konstaner 01-01-2017 12:20 PM

Smoke and mirrors -

:zoom:Like many sellers, this seller is not actually untruthful with his claim of "30HP Gains" . What many seem to miss and not ask is what is the percentage expected power increase. For example 30HP gain on a modifies 750HP engine would be reasonable BUT 30HP gain on a 500HP engine would be very doubtful. :cool:

Biggreenogg 01-01-2017 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7009577)
lol chill Gaspam, were just talking about octane of gas. Not world politics :y

:y

Off to watch the Twilight Zone marathon.

Savage-wp 01-01-2017 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 7010741)
Yeah it's nasty stuff. It's magnesium based and is very corrosive. Newer systems like what we have in our cars cannot take MMT. Their are some areas around the world where they still use it as a fuel additive like China and Canada, but they keep knocking down the amount used.

Many auto makers are against the use of it because what it does to their systems.

Just out of interest, what would you use to boost octane. Toluene?

chrisridebike8 01-01-2017 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7011278)

I think with the cars he's had and has, he just uses race gas.

BLKROKT 01-01-2017 01:05 PM

Race gas ;)

Seriously, I look at it like oil additives. There better be a shtton of information available demonstrating the benefits to the health of my engine, first and foremost, before I'm going to pour any in.

Would you purposefully put low-quality oil in your car, and then add a can of goop and think to yourself that you're doing what's best for your engine? No. You start with the absolute best base and go from there, if possible. Most would argue against oil additives for this reason - that you can't measurably improve on the best oils with a can of almost anything. And the additives that do demonstrate some benefit, are made by companies that have the resources and R&D budgets to believably make such a product, with independent tests and hard data to back it up.

This stuff doesn't pass any of those tests. Race gas is refined/designed and tested to be the highest and purest quality, with the associated performance benefit. The finest high-performance and racing oils are made by companies with infinite budgets to create those specific formulations for each specific purpose, and have truckloads of tests and data to back up the benefits. They don't just dump in a bottle of stuff and call it a day. Just like I'm not dumping a bottle of unknown stuff made by some guys in their garage in my gas tank, all because a few dyno pulls showed horsepower gains. I wouldn't think that would be enough for anyone.

konstaner 01-01-2017 01:22 PM

Where do you get all this miss-information?

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 7010741)

Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT) is a gasoline octane enhancer produced by the Afton Chemical Corporation (Afton), formerly known as the Ethyl Corporation. MMT is allowed in U.S. gasolineat a level equivalent to 1/32 grams per gallon manganese (gpg Mn).

BLKROKT 01-01-2017 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by konstaner (Post 7011296)
Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT) is a gasoline octane enhancer produced by the Afton Chemical Corporation (Afton), formerly known as the Ethyl Corporation. MMT is allowed in U.S. gasolineat a level equivalent to 1/32 grams per gallon manganese (gpg Mn).

The INFORMATION is readily available in a number of places on the internet.

Check out BITOG threads.

It seems to be a fact that it is not often used in the US anymore, and that manufacturers have largely phased out the use of MMT. It's also an actual fact that MMT creates deposits. That's enough for me.

konstaner 01-01-2017 01:36 PM

But you miss-stated only Canada and China-

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7011302)
The INFORMATION is readily available in a number of places on the internet.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...&Number=781023

It's a fact that manufacturers are phasing out MMT. It's also a fact that MMT creates deposits. That's enough for me.

Boy oh boy - what an attitude -- did you forget that you stated that only Canada and China allow MMT ??? Are you not aware of the fact that Canada tried to ban it but was not allowed by NAFTA? Canada spend millions trying to fight this but lost?? Even in your USA environmental legislation tried to ban it but it seems that NAFTA supersedes most of your laws placing emphasis on profits over population and environmental health.. WE'RE all in the same hopeless boat.

BLKROKT 01-01-2017 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by konstaner (Post 7011311)
Boy oh boy - what an attitude -- did you forget that you stated that only Canada and China allow MMT ??? Are you not aware of the fact that Canada tried to ban it but was not allowed by NAFTA? Canada spend millions trying to fight this but lost?? Even in your USA environmental legislation tried to ban it but it seems that NAFTA supersedes most of your laws placing emphasis on profits over population and environmental health.. WE'RE all in the same hopeless boat.

I'm not arguing with you man, relax, no attitude. I'm just pointing out facts. I edited my post already prior to yours. What is your point exactly? Are you arguing that it's not used in the US, that it's good or bad or what? Just because it's allowed by law doesn't mean that manufacturers haven't mostly phased it out already.

Mazspeed's post was 100% factual. :nix:

konstaner 01-01-2017 02:10 PM

All is good

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7011324)
I'm not arguing with you man, relax, no attitude. I'm just pointing out facts. I edited my post already prior to yours. What is your point exactly? Are you arguing that it's not used in the US, that it's good or bad or what? Just because it's allowed by law doesn't mean that manufacturers haven't mostly phased it out already.

Mazspeed's post was 100% factual. :nix:

Just saying that it's in our gasoline ---------
Happy 2017 to all.

Mazspeed 01-01-2017 02:20 PM

As the others stated, race gas is good. In Cal I can get 100 oct out of some union 76 stations and I can either run it straight or mix it half and half with 91. I don't think our cars running in NA need more than 95 oct anyways. That's just my guess. If it was FI it might be happier with even higher oct. But since most guys are running NA C63's I can't see how anything higher than 95 would be needed for detonation kill.

Mazspeed 01-01-2017 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by konstaner (Post 7011296)

Yes I know. I researched this yesterday, it was also on that one posts PDF sheet.
The problem with MMT is on many levels. It's very harmful to the environment and also to your car. I don't know if "Boostane" is using this at all. But "if" it is, I would not use it.

Mazspeed 01-01-2017 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by konstaner (Post 7011356)
Just saying that it's in our gasoline ---------
Happy 2017 to all.

It might be in yours, but it's no longer in ours.

Savage-wp 01-01-2017 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7011280)
I think with the cars he's had and has, he just uses race gas.

Race gas is definitely the best.