MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Aftermarket sway bars for C63? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/635974-aftermarket-sway-bars-c63.html)

Alex-r-1 08-24-2016 09:19 PM

Aftermarket sway bars for C63?

Hi there! Somebody use the Aftermarket sway bars on your C63? Eibach makes bars only non AMG W204 models. Somebody makes tuned sway bars for C63 W204? :confused:

BLKROKT 08-24-2016 09:20 PM

Nope. Sway bars are pretty beefy. No need. Poly bushings would be nice though.

Alex-r-1 08-24-2016 09:31 PM

This Eibach sway bars from C300 not suitable for C63?

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...8fe1jdkqlehmp5

BLKROKT 08-24-2016 09:57 PM

As far as I could tell, they wouldn't fit. Why do you think you need upgraded sway bars?

bhamg 08-24-2016 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6897849)
As far as I could tell, they wouldn't fit. Why do you think you need upgraded sway bars?

Agreed, no need whatsoever on this car.

hachiroku 08-25-2016 02:14 PM

dunno about the C63, but as much as my E63 has well acting sized sway bars, i'd love to have beefier ones in form of size or hollow.

can't say there is no reason for them...everybody has a different driving style as well as prefers different characteristics. my Audi A4 has Hotchkis uprated RS4 sway bars...they're bigger than the RS4's sways and I'm running them at the 3rd stiffest setting. They're great, my Audi takes turns like a gokart now.

Phil Chow 08-25-2016 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by hachiroku (Post 6898434)
dunno about the C63, but as much as my E63 has well acting sized sway bars, i'd love to have beefier ones in form of size or hollow.

can't say there is no reason for them...everybody has a different driving style as well as prefers different characteristics. my Audi A4 has Hotchkis uprated RS4 sway bars...they're bigger than the RS4's sways and I'm running them at the 3rd stiffest setting. They're great, my Audi takes turns like a gokart now.

Agreed.

There are sway bars that fit the C63, i've been thinking about making an order for them. Some of the locals in China run sways, and they've had good experiences with them.

Everybody drives different/has different requirements and definitions on what is needed/not needed.

I may give them a shot to see if there's any noticeable difference.

BLKROKT 04-29-2017 09:51 PM

I've changed my mind on this topic. Phil are you still checking the forum? Would be great to know any source for upgraded bars. I've looked at the Eibach unit for the regular C-class (28mm/21mm and 2-way adjustable vs 27mm/20mm stock C63), and they're a different shape. Although putting C63 bars on the other C-class models is a known mod, counterintuitively, it doesn't appear you can do it the other way around.

BLKROKT 04-30-2017 01:57 PM

Well I'll be the guinea pig on these. Got a chance to see some actual detailed pictures of the Eibach sway bars (the pics I had seen were not actual as it turns out), and they look to be the same shape as the OE ones. Only 1mm difference in thickness for both F/R - which translates to 15% stiffer front and 20% rear - but they also come with poly bushings which is nice. Plus the front is 2-way adjustable. They're on the way, and I'll try putting them on when my car's back from the body shop and report back on the fitment etc.

kjkidd21 05-01-2017 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7132391)
Well I'll be the guinea pig on these. Got a chance to see some actual detailed pictures of the Eibach sway bars (the pics I had seen were not actual as it turns out), and they look to be the same shape as the OE ones. Only 1mm difference in thickness for both F/R - which translates to 15% stiffer front and 20% rear - but they also come with poly bushings which is nice. Plus the front is 2-way adjustable. They're on the way, and I'll try putting them on when my car's back from the body shop and report back on the fitment etc.

Awesome! Thanks for being the guinea pig here, Jim. Sub'd for the results!

Savage-wp 05-01-2017 05:01 PM

More handling mods. Nice.

BLKROKT 05-01-2017 05:08 PM

Thanks guys. Anything can be made to fit. Stay tuned.

Savage-wp 05-01-2017 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7133512)
Thanks guys. Anything can be made to fit. Stay tuned.

This is true. The bigger the job, the bigger the hammer.

chrisridebike8 05-01-2017 05:36 PM

Nice work BLK! Any links to where you bought them from?

BLKROKT 05-01-2017 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7133543)
Nice work BLK! Any links to where you bought them from?

I bought them direct from Eibach since the Tire Rack didn't have them in stock. Let me see if they fit, I'll confirm back here either way.

BadCompany 05-01-2017 07:10 PM

Awesome. Like was previously mentioned, thanks for being a guinea pig. I'm curious to see how it goes.

julours 05-01-2017 10:01 PM

Also interested here on how it will end up. I remember I saw a shop here in China that seems to have made the eibach install on a C63, so I guess you'll be fine. :)

BLKROKT 05-02-2017 01:27 AM

Eibach sucks. 2 days after my order - remember I ordered with them because it showed "IN STOCK" - NOW they tell me it's on backorder. That's just insulting. So looks like June 30 now, if I keep the order. Will report back with any updates or alternative sources. I'll probably cancel and go through Tire Rack because they had it cheaper.

Savage-wp 05-02-2017 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7133935)
Eibach sucks. 2 days after my order - remember I ordered with them because it showed "IN STOCK" - NOW they tell me it's on backorder. That's just insulting. So looks like June 30 now, if I keep the order. Will report back with any updates or alternative sources. I'll probably cancel and go through Tire Rack because they had it cheaper.

That's not cool at all.
Did you actually speak to anyone who confirmed stock, or did it just show as in stock when you ordered online?
If someone confirmed, then they lied, and you should tell them to get bent.
However, if it just showed as in stock online, then it could just be a computer error.

Jasonoff 05-02-2017 08:35 PM

Eibach warehouse. Yeah, pretty sure we got it in stock...

http://www.clipartkid.com/images/659...Cd-clipart.jpg

BLKROKT 05-03-2017 06:09 PM

Talked to Eibach today. They said that they're working on upgrading their systems to prevent things like this from happening. Super. One helpful bit of info is that the bars likely fit the C63, it's just that they didn't have a car to test them on so they couldn't list them as fitting. So that's encouraging.

So I cancelled my order and placed one with Summit for $50 less. Still on the same timeline. Production should be done by June 30, and the bars will be drop-shipped directly to me sometime that first week of July. So now I wait.

Jasonoff 05-03-2017 06:40 PM

What if they use you as the test rig and get it for cost? If it fits, potential increased sales for them, cheap bar for you. Win:Win

Adi-Benz 05-03-2017 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7135859)
What if they use you as the test rig and get it for cost? If it fits, potential increased sales for them, cheap bar for you. Win:Win

+1

BLKROKT 05-03-2017 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7135859)

Hmmmm. I'm sure due to liability issues that they would have to do it in-house. But it never hurts to ask. Will call the dude back tomorrow if I have time thanks.

Nando_514 05-03-2017 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7135876)
Hmmmm. I'm sure due to liability issues that they would have to do it in-house. But it never hurts to ask. Will call the dude back tomorrow if I have time thanks.

Hey BLK, you happen to know if the sway bars are adjustable? Only thing I'm finding are stock images...

Edit: Nevermind lol it's 2-way adjustable in the front.