C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Renntech airbox dyno results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
That's great man. How many MPH increase did you see on YOUR car?
Old 09-07-2016, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
Well tonight the car fitted with the renntech intake was trapping 3mph higher then a c63 with the same tune & exhaust
Do both have LSD, are both running same tires, same tire pressure, were both driven by same individual, both cars have similar miles?
You see my point here? Did you run the RennTech Intake car before the intake was installed?
Post vids
Old 09-07-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol you guys are just lol. He shares his data for the community and all you guys do is bust his chops. So quick to criticize his data. There are way too many variables to even dismiss his claim. You have the same tune as him? Same exhaust? Same headers? Dyno at the same exact altitude? Air density the exact same? Running the same dyno? God quick being dicks.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Agent Murdoch: I'm sharing my results, they can hate or discredit what ever they want. I have nothing to gain. Lol @ those who don't believe. It's as though I'm some renntech fan boy or dealer lol.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I wonder if you can add a spacer to the lid for even more powers?
The following 2 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
betrezra (09-07-2016), BLKROKT (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by agentMurdoc
lol you guys are just lol. He shares his data for the community and all you guys do is bust his chops. So quick to criticize his data. There are way too many variables to even dismiss his claim. You have the same tune as him? Same exhaust? Same headers? Dyno at the same exact altitude? Air density the exact same? Running the same dyno? God quick being dicks.
Too many variables to dismiss!!!?
How about too many variables give credit!?
You are "lol" whatever that means.
This community is WAY too knowledgeable to accept claims of 50whp from a friggen intake, especially on an n/a car!
AND especially when the tune wasn't remapped to incorporate the intake.
The only way this is possible is if the original tune compensated additional fuel for the intake that was not originally installed which caused a loss in performance over the OEM tune which could be the cause for the lower than normal original dyno result. To then fix the issue once the intake was installed therefore receiving the additional hp from not only the intake but also the tune. This would then lead one to believe the tune provided around 40whp and the intake around 6whp.
The following 3 users liked this post by Autosport7:
betrezra (09-07-2016), BLKROKT (09-07-2016), I am Jeff (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
I wonder if you can add a spacer to the lid for even more powers?
If your talking about thermal intake spacer, they are useless. They do nothing. Tried it already.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nah, he was talking about the Magic Airbox Spacers from UPD or wherever that give you like 40 magical unicorn powers
The following 2 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
Autosport7 (09-07-2016), I am Jeff (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Nah, he was talking about the Magic Airbox Spacers from UPD or wherever that give you like 40 magical unicorn powers
you should have bumped the UPD thread up instead
The following 2 users liked this post by shardul:
Old 09-07-2016, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Too many variables to dismiss!!!?
How about too many variables give credit!?
You are "lol" whatever that means.
This community is WAY too knowledgeable to accept claims of 50whp from a friggen intake, especially on an n/a car!
AND especially when the tune wasn't remapped to incorporate the intake.
The only way this is possible is if the original tune compensated additional fuel for the intake that was not originally installed which caused a loss in performance over the OEM tune which could be the cause for the lower than normal original dyno result. To then fix the issue once the intake was installed therefore receiving the additional hp from not only the intake but also the tune. This would then lead one to believe the tune provided around 40whp and the intake around 6whp.
I think I have been around long enough on this forum to know not to bull****. Hence why I said the owner and I are both shocked with the results on the dyno and we really couldn't care less about peak hp figure. We only cared about the increase. And so far the mph increase is backing it up. Honestly I'm trying to help the community. But those who are trying to be smart are looking like fools. I've modified enough c63's to know what works and what doesn't. Too many variable what ever. As a end user, if you don't want to proven results or accept ours as proven results that's up to you. But the smart people will see through the shut. I do believe the 30rwkw looks absurdly wrong! But it is what it is and so far track results are backing this up. I won't report back here until we hit our private track day.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, really not doubting you at all man, you've been around for awhile and are walking the walk with a fast car. The only thing that's being questioned is whether the airboxes themselves account for all that hp gain, because your results are an anomaly - nobody has posted gains anywhere even remotely close to that (Kriston and others).

Fess up, you're using Magic Spacers aren't you?
Old 09-07-2016, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Dude, really not doubting you at all man, you've been around for awhile and are walking the walk with a fast car. The only thing that's being questioned is whether the airboxes themselves account for all that hp gain, because your results are an anomaly - nobody has posted gains anywhere even remotely close to that (Kriston and others).

Fess up, you're using Magic Spacers aren't you?
Thanks, and yes I 100% agree they are an anomaly. We don't know what else to say about the figures. Unless the standard airbox was fuber.

Lol shhhh it's magic fuel and spacers.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (02-02-2018)
Old 09-07-2016, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
I think I have been around long enough on this forum to know not to bull****. Hence why I said the owner and I are both shocked with the results on the dyno and we really couldn't care less about peak hp figure. We only cared about the increase. And so far the mph increase is backing it up. Honestly I'm trying to help the community. But those who are trying to be smart are looking like fools. I've modified enough c63's to know what works and what doesn't. Too many variable what ever. As a end user, if you don't want to proven results or accept ours as proven results that's up to you. But the smart people will see through the shut. I do believe the 30rwkw looks absurdly wrong! But it is what it is and so far track results are backing this up. I won't report back here until we hit our private track day.
I don't know you and you don't know me, those two facts are besides the point. I don't question you or your C63 modding capabilities. This is absolutely nothing personal. All I question is the source of the entire whp gain you are claiming is ALL from an intake where proven everywhere else to provide less than 10.
I guess it doesn't matter what I think at the end of the day.
Glad your a fellow enthusiast making power, props.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Ok.. so let me break this down:::

Step 1 - go to the track..... any track will do.
Step 2 - make 3 runs with special intake. Take avg of 3.
Step 3 - make 3 runs with stock intake. Take avg of 3.
Post up results.

Running against another car the same night is no-good.... too many variables..... driver, tires, lane choice, temp, DA etc.....

Running same car on a dyno on different days.... is no good.... too many changes to contend with.

Not busting *****... just stating the limitations of such comparisons. that's all.

Heck even a log book showing trap times/speeds over the course of time with mods performed might show something.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by agentMurdoc
There are way too many variables to even dismiss his claim.
Do you stand by this sentence? Do you realize what you're saying?

Btw -- the variables that we questioned like dicks is exactly why the claims are dismissed. Perhaps it was the tequila?

He shares data which is essentially "two difference c63's trapped at two different speeds tonight."

OP -- I mean, c'mon. You've been here long enough to know that that is no way to prove anything about the Renntech intake. Again, not saying it [the original post and gains] didn't happen. But your proof and logic that the intake lead to a 3mph trap gain is flawed.

2 different cars.
2 different drivers.
2 different setups.

Next time:

Same car
Same driver
Swap intakes between runs.

But we are supposed to just accept that and say "oh, okay." Not here. This is the internet and we will keep it's integrity and truth!
The following 2 users liked this post by CarHopper:
Old 09-07-2016, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Do you stand by this sentence? Do you realize what you're saying?

Btw -- the variables that we questioned like dicks is exactly why the claims are dismissed. Perhaps it was the tequila?

He shares data which is essentially "two difference c63's trapped at two different speeds tonight."

OP -- I mean, c'mon. You've been here long enough to know that that is no way to prove anything about the Renntech intake. Again, not saying it [the original post and gains] didn't happen. But your proof and logic that the intake lead to a 3mph trap gain is flawed.

2 different cars.
2 different drivers.
2 different setups.

Next time:

Same car
Same driver
Swap intakes between runs.

But we are supposed to just accept that and say "oh, okay." Not here. This is the internet and we will keep it's integrity and truth!
Bingo was his namo!!!
Old 09-07-2016, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Would be a completely different story if the anomaly was in the negatives...

Then the quest for "why" would have been properly conducted.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Would be a completely different story if the anomaly was in the negatives...

Then the quest for "why" would have been properly conducted.
This. All of this.

It's like people don't understand how some companies will take whp numbers and post those as the "initial" hp (which is obviously lower than bhp) and then convert the "after" hp to bhp using some ridiculous % of drive-train loss.

Then come say "I didn't pick up 100hp like I was promised" when really you did when you use their math.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:51 AM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by betrezra
Ok.. so let me break this down:::

Step 1 - go to the track..... any track will do.
Step 2 - make 3 runs with special intake. Take avg of 3.
Step 3 - make 3 runs with stock intake. Take avg of 3.
Post up results.

That would be the worse thing to do to find out if something like this make more power. Non pro drivers with a ton of car and track variables will come into play more than just sticking it on a good dyno with a competent operator.
You can loose or gain seconds on a track with any slight mistake and most drivers will do that most of the time while skewing the averages.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Mazspeed
That would be the worse thing to do to find out if something like this make more power. Non pro drivers with a ton of car and track variables will come into play more than just sticking it on a good dyno with a competent operator.
You can loose or gain seconds on a track with any slight mistake and most drivers will do that most of the time while skewing the averages.
Instead of averaging I would just do best run. Not just one run though. Do 3-4 runs with one setup and then 3-4 runs with another. You're bound to get it to hook or at least have your "best" run in there.

The one thing is driver consistency remains. Who cares if you suck at dragging and aren't running the best possible time for the car as long as things remain consistent.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:14 AM

Instead of averaging I would just do best run. Not just one run though. Do 3-4 runs with one setup and then 3-4 runs with another. You're bound to get it to hook or at least have your "best" run in there.

The one thing is driver consistency remains. Who cares if you suck at dragging and aren't running the best possible time for the car as long as things remain consistent.

You would only get consistency out of a pro driver for a comparison, and would have to do many back to back on the same day, temp and tire pressure and tire temp or else it would be meaningless. Even then it's not a perfect scenario. If this item makes more power, a dyno with optimal identical conditions would be far more accurate than trying to time a lap from a circuit that could be a mile or more in length with constantly changing factors thrown in.

I have no doubt that this intake makes a bit more power, but 5-10hp on a car like ours as much as they weigh will not bring about any change on a road course. None. On a dyno, yes you might see a bit of a change in many exact scenario dyno runs.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Maz.. You are adding to the point that the gains are so small that many other factors will outweigh this change.

Taking the avg of more runs might help, and throwing out hi low anomolies might help... I would just do a good old fashioned magazine test:::: Same car same track same day.... 2 intakes. The raw data :: full time slips w 60' 1:8, 1/4, Mph et will tell you all you need to know ... IF there are any gains to be had.

Gl on the intake hp gain evaluation. These camparo's are very interesting when done right.
Mazspeed (09-08-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mazspeed I think they were talking about a dragstrip man. I agree with you either way though, although MPH is known to be generally consistent unless you totally screw up your run or have a horrible launch.

"When calculating horsepower, the formula using mph can be more accurate because variations in traction, launch technique, gear ratios, and shifting have less effect. "

Last edited by BLKROKT; 09-08-2016 at 07:32 AM.
Mazspeed (09-08-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 12:35 PM

Ahh Oh math. I'm out.
BLKROKT (09-08-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
renntech claims up to 15 crank HP with the carbon box.thats about 5whp real world give or take dyno and conditions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renntech airbox dyno results