MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   JR tuning uk (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/639188-jr-tuning-uk.html)

Johnnie58 09-26-2016 12:38 AM

JR tuning uk

got my TCU tune today with flasher from JR tuning in the uk .
So easy .... called up last Tuesday spoke to rob talked c63 stuff , next day decided to go ahead , called again processed payment via credit card (I'm in Australia) and now 3 business days later it arrived with nice clear instructions on how to install and have it adapt . I will do this over the weekend as I need to use all rpm range and all gears ! So have to find some safe places . Just wanted to share how simple this transaction was even from the other side of the world

John https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a031ffb2ba.jpg

Ambystom01 09-26-2016 12:41 AM

What year is your car?

Johnnie58 09-26-2016 12:42 AM

2008 July

Phil Chow 09-26-2016 01:38 AM

Not sure what you're tuning on the TCU. Looks like a load of **** to me.

Weistec and Eurocharged, two of the largest W204 C63 Tuners, have mentioned repeatedly that the TCU CANNOT be tuned through OBD-II, but has to be taken out with the Valve Body and flashed on a bench.

But, in to see some results, I'm happy to be proven wrong!

Johnnie58 09-26-2016 04:20 AM

Yep we will I guess
AMG do there updates and settings this way so time will tell

BLKROKT 09-26-2016 05:52 AM

TCU can't be tuned via OBDII port. Full stop.

Unless you have datalogging equipment and can show the changed TCU values, any 'results' or 'feelings' are a result of your imagination. Sorry.

Johnnie58 09-26-2016 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6925146)
TCU can't be tuned via OBDII port. Full stop.

Unless you have datalogging equipment and can show the changed TCU values, any 'results' or 'feelings' are a result of your imagination. Sorry.

ill pass that on to the the head tech at MB who does there transmission adaptations/ updates via the obd thanks mate

BLKROKT 09-26-2016 07:42 AM

This is hilarious. From the JRTuning website:

"Want even more? Add a gearbox remap...
The remap figures above are from Engine ECU remapping on the C63 AMG. We also offer a C63 AMG gearbox TCU remap which provides the following additional benefits over and above the engine ECU remap:

Additional 30bhp gains (flywheel).
Lightening quick gear shifts.
Smoother gear shifting.
Faster reaction to paddle shift inputs.
Optimised shift pattern.
Quicker acceleration..

This graph shows a comparison between a C63 AMG running on the dyno with just a competitors Engine ECU remap compared to one running with both our Engine and Gearbox ECU remaps. Naturally the graph only shows power and torque gains from the gearbox torque limiter changes, not the additional benefits such as improvements to shift speed. "

:rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf:

Wow, there's *30hp* trapped in the gearbox just waiting to burst out? Who knew? What is in there, an electric motor?

Why don't you have your JRTuning friends come on here and explain exactly what they've done to the "Gearbox ECU"? I mean, if they're tuning the "Gearbox ECU" via OBDII, then they've achieved what Renntech, Weistech, Kleemann, Eurocharged, MHP, and many others in all their unlimited budgets and race experience have not been able to.

And it's just a little dongle you plug in and BOOM you're flashed - so simple, these guys must be REALLY good!

Of course, we all know it's not possible. I really just want the board to have a chance to expose another scammer (see: IPD intake spacers).

s.e.a.n. 09-26-2016 08:40 AM

In for the updates. Would love to see if there is any difference.

Johnnie58 09-26-2016 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6925178)
This is hilarious. From the JRTuning website:

"Want even more? Add a gearbox remap...
The remap figures above are from Engine ECU remapping on the C63 AMG. We also offer a C63 AMG gearbox TCU remap which provides the following additional benefits over and above the engine ECU remap:

Additional 30bhp gains (flywheel).
Lightening quick gear shifts.
Smoother gear shifting.
Faster reaction to paddle shift inputs.
Optimised shift pattern.
Quicker acceleration..

This graph shows a comparison between a C63 AMG running on the dyno with just a competitors Engine ECU remap compared to one running with both our Engine and Gearbox ECU remaps. Naturally the graph only shows power and torque gains from the gearbox torque limiter changes, not the additional benefits such as improvements to shift speed. "

:rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf:

Wow, there's *30hp* trapped in the gearbox just waiting to burst out? Who knew? What is in there, an electric motor?

Why don't you have your JRTuning friends come on here and explain exactly what they've done to the "Gearbox ECU"? I mean, if they're tuning the "Gearbox ECU" via OBDII, then they've achieved what Renntech, Weistech, Kleemann, Eurocharged, MHP, and many others in all their unlimited budgets and race experience have not been able to.

And it's just a little dongle you plug in and BOOM you're flashed - so simple, these guys must be REALLY good!

Of course, we all know it's not possible. I really just want the board to have a chance to expose another scammer (see: IPD intake spacers).

hello FYI I'm not mates with jr tuning , FYI mhp offers TCU tuning updates . FYI Mercedes Benz do software uspdates via obd fact . Either way they offer a money back guarantee so if I'm not into it I will send it back , like life it's mine to choose , you go your way and I'll go mine . ..sound fair

John

BLKROKT 09-26-2016 09:11 AM

Fair enough. Good luck.

mthis 09-26-2016 04:18 PM

Question for yaa.
My cars tcu valve body hasn't been touched. But from ecu tuning oe was able to raise my rev limiter and make my M to change on its own at redline like s+ in facelift cars. Is that part of tcu tuning or no?

mr747 09-26-2016 06:03 PM

You can log transmission info from obd as well as modify adaptions I recon it's possible to true tcu through obd also

velic63finland 09-27-2016 08:03 AM

I order that too about 35 days ago. And i had i dyno and tested that jr tuning system. **** is ****.

Johnnie58 10-17-2016 05:15 AM

Well I'm 120 Klms in and loving this , I can now short shift 1st to 2nd at 10 kmph which I could not do before in Any mode which enables me to wind on lock and accelerate out of 90 degree turns , as 1st is almost useless in this car

i feel it does everything they said it would , car feels like a quite different car ... MB toorak did the upload with me there . The same way they do all TCU software updates thru the obd

John

mthis 10-18-2016 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Johnnie58 (Post 6943866)
Well I'm 120 Klms in and loving this , I can now short shift 1st to 2nd at 10 kmph which I could not do before in Any mode which enables me to wind on lock and accelerate out of 90 degree turns , as 1st is almost useless in this car

i feel it does everything they said it would , car feels like a quite different car ... MB toorak did the upload with me there . The same way they do all TCU software updates thru the obd

John

If u use the AMG menu it shows what gear your in. If your in comfort mode it will be in 2nd gear . :y

Phil Chow 10-19-2016 12:01 AM

If you leave it in Comfort Mode, the car starts in 2nd Gear, lol. 1st is never used in Comfort Mode IIRC.

Johnnie58 10-19-2016 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Phil Chow (Post 6945786)
If you leave it in Comfort Mode, the car starts in 2nd Gear, lol. 1st is never used in Comfort Mode IIRC.

yes I know this gents , I have no idea why you are telling me this ?

SuperFastYo 10-19-2016 11:42 AM

Hmm... any videos of a pull?

mthis 10-20-2016 08:37 PM

Well I'm 120 Klms in and loving this ,I can now short shift 1st to 2nd at 10 kmph which I could not do before in Any mode which enables me to wind on lock and accelerate out of 90 degree turns , as 1st is almost useless in this car

John

Originally Posted by Johnnie58 (Post 6945854)
yes I know this gents , I have no idea why you are telling me this ?

You were saying you couldn't do it in any more before.

Johnnie58 10-21-2016 01:17 AM

Thanks mate , but that is NOT what I said at all

:nix:

The car is great the software works that's all that matters hey

Originally Posted by mthis (Post 6947537)
You were saying you couldn't do it in any more before.

velic63finland 10-21-2016 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Johnnie58 (Post 6947722)
Thanks mate , but that is NOT what I said at all

:nix:

The car is great the software works that's all that matters hey

if you had some tune in you car make sure that gearbox remaping dont cost anything for that. Mine drop power about 30hp with gearbox remaping.

Johnnie58 10-21-2016 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by velic63finland (Post 6947775)
if you had some tune in you car make sure that gearbox remaping dont cost anything for that. Mine drop power about 30hp with gearbox remaping.

interesting , I'm runing a tune from Peter Fitzgerald racing . So far the car feels amazingly strong I'm looking forward to my DPE headers soon !

velic63finland 10-21-2016 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Johnnie58 (Post 6947776)
interesting , I'm runing a tune from Peter Fitzgerald racing . So far the car feels amazingly strong I'm looking forward to my DPE headers soon !

you should check that a dyno. :) i have oetuning and secondary cat delete and k&n filtters.

Dynodynamics 379kw and 619nm in crank with oe

With oetuning and gearbox remap 358kw and 615nm

INS1GNIA 10-21-2016 09:57 AM

John

That butt dyno is really in full work mode lol.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1a1bf4aef6.jpg