MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Cat Delete (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/641982-cat-delete.html)

C63fora2w1 10-25-2016 11:35 AM

Cat Delete

I have read several posts here where people are removing the secondary cat and resonator in the exhaust. I plan on moving back to FL in 17 and they do not have emissions testing. Is it possible to remove both cats and then run a o2 dummy so that the ECU will not throw a code ?

chrisridebike8 10-25-2016 12:02 PM

Secondary cats do not require sims or coding if removed. Only primary cats need that. Don't run an O2 sim. Do it right with a tune if you delete the primary cats.

kickinrocks 10-25-2016 11:58 PM

I'm in so cal and no one will remove my cats or build me a straight pipe because they say it's illegal to remove any cats in california :(

BLKROKT 10-26-2016 08:02 AM

Why don't you get a C63 first, then clog up the forum eith your questions that have been asked here already a hundred times

C63fora2w1 10-26-2016 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6952188)
Why don't you get a C63 first, then clog up the forum eith your questions that have been asked here already a hundred times

Sorry if I offended one the forum Lords by asking a legitimate question.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6952033)
I'm in so cal and no one will remove my cats or build me a straight pipe because they say it's illegal to remove any cats in california :(

where in Cali? I have both my secondary and resonators removed (LOVE the sound, except for the rasp on the high end of the RPMs)

(EDIT: Unless you actually drive a Civic, then I would refuse to straight pipe you too lol)

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 09:43 AM

@superfastyo I live in san Diego

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure why it said I drive a Civic lol but I just bought a 2013 C63 P31 so I'm not clogging the post with irrelevant questions.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6952263)
@superfastyo I live in san Diego

Yea there's people to do it. Keep calling around.

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 09:58 AM

Are you from around this area man? I'd love to hear your car prior. Thanks!

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 10:01 AM

Orange County(long beach/seal beach area). If you're ever in the area let me know

C SEXY 3 10-26-2016 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6952278)
Orange County(long beach/seal beach area). If you're ever in the area let me know

Welcome to the family man, just added you on IG

Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/amg.socal.lounge/

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6952335)
Welcome to the family man, just added you on IG

Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/amg.socal.lounge/

followed back :y

MJames2 10-26-2016 11:19 AM

Welcome to the forums. Nice car!

I'd personally just remove your 2nd cats and place in straight pipes, leave the res and be done with it, fully straight piped cats is insanely loud and it stinks really bad on WOT. You can get your sensors disabled via tune. Don't bother with a x-pipe/h-pipe people buy them then come post on the forums that it doesn't sound right.

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 11:23 AM

Yup, that's my plan man. I sounds good stock so I think removing the 2nd cats will make it sound a little better, I don't want it to be crazy loud so I think i'll leave the res on. I just have to find a place that will do the straight pipe for me since no one around here seems to want to be able to do that due to the California emissions laws and removing any cat.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by MJames2 (Post 6952354)
Welcome to the forums. Nice car!

I'd personally just remove your 2nd cats and place in straight pipes, leave the res and be done with it, fully straight piped cats is insanely loud and it stinks really bad on WOT. You can get your sensors disabled via tune. Don't bother with a x-pipe/h-pipe people buy them then come post on the forums that it doesn't sound right.

To be honest I've never smelled the smell. And I don't think its too loud, it is LOUD but I have friends with louder setups, so I may be half deaf to begin with. I think its great minus the high end rasp, but its all personal opinion.

C63fora2w1 10-26-2016 03:04 PM

I had a 69 Camaro with a 383ci and 3in straight pipes into 40 series flowmasters and that was not too loud. I understand that a C63 is completely different animal but think "loud" is a matter of personal preference. I was unaware that you could disable the 02's via a tune but that is good info to know.

C SEXY 3 10-26-2016 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by C63fora2w1 (Post 6952601)
I had a 69 Camaro with a 383ci and 3in straight pipes into 40 series flowmasters and that was not too loud. I understand that a C63 is completely different animal but think "loud" is a matter of personal preference. I was unaware that you could disable the 02's via a tune but that is good info to know.

Yes thats the way to do it, if you come up to LA this weekend let us know we can meet up and you can hear my setup which is about as loud as you can go. We could go do some canyon runs if anyone is down.

chrisridebike8 10-26-2016 04:14 PM

I'll be in San Diego aroubd Christmas and you can hear my catless LTHs if you want. From the setup you had on your camaro, I'm not sure a secondary cat delete will be enough for you.

Edit: I see C SEXY 3 already offered up his header setup.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 6952689)
I'll be in San Diego aroubd Christmas and you can hear my catless LTHs if you want. From the setup you had on your camaro, I'm not sure a secondary cat delete will be enough for you.

Edit: I see C SEXY 3 already offered up his header setup.

Okay, LTH is another beast on its own. How loud is that setup compared to mine (2nd cats & res delete to straight)

chrisridebike8 10-26-2016 06:50 PM

I'll be honest. I have only heard stock and my LTH/x-pipe setup. I have to cold start with the garage closed and tons of people give me a thumbs up in traffic. The occassional old person will scream at me or give me the finger. Let me finish up my before and after video and I'll post later. Inside it's still reasonable when puttering around town. Even at WOT my mom said it wasn't too loud for her.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 6952838)
I'll be honest. I have only heard stock and my LTH/x-pipe setup. I have to cold start with the garage closed and tons of people give me a thumbs up in traffic. The occassional old person will scream at me or give me the finger. Let me finish up my before and after video and I'll post later. Inside it's still reasonable when puttering around town. Even at WOT my mom said it wasn't too loud for her.

I get constant comments around town and on the road. People will literally race up to you to talk about what you're running. I have had one old person tell me this after we left a green light and hit the next red light "I was admiring how pretty your car is until you drove away and it sounded just awful. Why would you do that to such a nice car???"

Honestly the best part about this car is how it just gravitates people to you. I've already met a bunch of car enthusiasts in my time owning it.

604 C63 10-26-2016 07:04 PM

dlowery21, are you explaining to them that you are talking about secondary cats, and not primary? Just curious. Im not in California so I dont know about your laws. If you are, you prolly just need to ditch the mainstream big name shops and go see a guy named Hector who has a torch. Not a big job.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6952853)
dlowery21, are you explaining to them that you are talking about secondary cats, and not primary? Just curious. Im not in California so I dont know about your laws. If you are, you prolly just need to ditch the mainstream big name shops and go see a guy named Hector who has a torch. Not a big job.

Didn't even think of that. True, makes sure they don't think it's the primary. I still don't know why they'd turn you away, but it could be it. I've never heard of anyone having issues getting secondary cats or even primary cats removed. But it's worth a shot to stress the primary stays where it is.

604 C63 10-26-2016 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6952188)
Why don't you get a C63 first, then clog up the forum with your questions that have been asked here already a hundred times

Dude. He may buy a car, next year, and it might be a C63 if he can find one for 5k under market value, he might mod it, of course that too would be next year, and he might be moving, also next year, and it might be to Florida. 2017 could be massive! How else is he gonna plan if we don't answer all the hypotheticals? He has questions about enviro testing in a state he doesn't live in for a car he doesn't own. Fair enough. Just cos they are all asked and answered and there for the searching that shouldn't keep you from investing your personal time. I may have time in 2017, and then I might get around to these, and maybe you should help, Mr. High Horse.