MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Cat Delete (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/641982-cat-delete.html)

C63fora2w1 10-25-2016 11:35 AM

Cat Delete

I have read several posts here where people are removing the secondary cat and resonator in the exhaust. I plan on moving back to FL in 17 and they do not have emissions testing. Is it possible to remove both cats and then run a o2 dummy so that the ECU will not throw a code ?

chrisridebike8 10-25-2016 12:02 PM

Secondary cats do not require sims or coding if removed. Only primary cats need that. Don't run an O2 sim. Do it right with a tune if you delete the primary cats.

kickinrocks 10-25-2016 11:58 PM

I'm in so cal and no one will remove my cats or build me a straight pipe because they say it's illegal to remove any cats in california :(

BLKROKT 10-26-2016 08:02 AM

Why don't you get a C63 first, then clog up the forum eith your questions that have been asked here already a hundred times

C63fora2w1 10-26-2016 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6952188)
Why don't you get a C63 first, then clog up the forum eith your questions that have been asked here already a hundred times

Sorry if I offended one the forum Lords by asking a legitimate question.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6952033)
I'm in so cal and no one will remove my cats or build me a straight pipe because they say it's illegal to remove any cats in california :(

where in Cali? I have both my secondary and resonators removed (LOVE the sound, except for the rasp on the high end of the RPMs)

(EDIT: Unless you actually drive a Civic, then I would refuse to straight pipe you too lol)

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 09:43 AM

@superfastyo I live in san Diego

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure why it said I drive a Civic lol but I just bought a 2013 C63 P31 so I'm not clogging the post with irrelevant questions.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6952263)
@superfastyo I live in san Diego

Yea there's people to do it. Keep calling around.

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 09:58 AM

Are you from around this area man? I'd love to hear your car prior. Thanks!

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 10:01 AM

Orange County(long beach/seal beach area). If you're ever in the area let me know

C SEXY 3 10-26-2016 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6952278)
Orange County(long beach/seal beach area). If you're ever in the area let me know

Welcome to the family man, just added you on IG

Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/amg.socal.lounge/

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6952335)
Welcome to the family man, just added you on IG

Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/amg.socal.lounge/

followed back :y

MJames2 10-26-2016 11:19 AM

Welcome to the forums. Nice car!

I'd personally just remove your 2nd cats and place in straight pipes, leave the res and be done with it, fully straight piped cats is insanely loud and it stinks really bad on WOT. You can get your sensors disabled via tune. Don't bother with a x-pipe/h-pipe people buy them then come post on the forums that it doesn't sound right.

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 11:23 AM

Yup, that's my plan man. I sounds good stock so I think removing the 2nd cats will make it sound a little better, I don't want it to be crazy loud so I think i'll leave the res on. I just have to find a place that will do the straight pipe for me since no one around here seems to want to be able to do that due to the California emissions laws and removing any cat.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by MJames2 (Post 6952354)
Welcome to the forums. Nice car!

I'd personally just remove your 2nd cats and place in straight pipes, leave the res and be done with it, fully straight piped cats is insanely loud and it stinks really bad on WOT. You can get your sensors disabled via tune. Don't bother with a x-pipe/h-pipe people buy them then come post on the forums that it doesn't sound right.

To be honest I've never smelled the smell. And I don't think its too loud, it is LOUD but I have friends with louder setups, so I may be half deaf to begin with. I think its great minus the high end rasp, but its all personal opinion.

C63fora2w1 10-26-2016 03:04 PM

I had a 69 Camaro with a 383ci and 3in straight pipes into 40 series flowmasters and that was not too loud. I understand that a C63 is completely different animal but think "loud" is a matter of personal preference. I was unaware that you could disable the 02's via a tune but that is good info to know.

C SEXY 3 10-26-2016 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by C63fora2w1 (Post 6952601)
I had a 69 Camaro with a 383ci and 3in straight pipes into 40 series flowmasters and that was not too loud. I understand that a C63 is completely different animal but think "loud" is a matter of personal preference. I was unaware that you could disable the 02's via a tune but that is good info to know.

Yes thats the way to do it, if you come up to LA this weekend let us know we can meet up and you can hear my setup which is about as loud as you can go. We could go do some canyon runs if anyone is down.

chrisridebike8 10-26-2016 04:14 PM

I'll be in San Diego aroubd Christmas and you can hear my catless LTHs if you want. From the setup you had on your camaro, I'm not sure a secondary cat delete will be enough for you.

Edit: I see C SEXY 3 already offered up his header setup.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 6952689)
I'll be in San Diego aroubd Christmas and you can hear my catless LTHs if you want. From the setup you had on your camaro, I'm not sure a secondary cat delete will be enough for you.

Edit: I see C SEXY 3 already offered up his header setup.

Okay, LTH is another beast on its own. How loud is that setup compared to mine (2nd cats & res delete to straight)

chrisridebike8 10-26-2016 06:50 PM

I'll be honest. I have only heard stock and my LTH/x-pipe setup. I have to cold start with the garage closed and tons of people give me a thumbs up in traffic. The occassional old person will scream at me or give me the finger. Let me finish up my before and after video and I'll post later. Inside it's still reasonable when puttering around town. Even at WOT my mom said it wasn't too loud for her.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 6952838)
I'll be honest. I have only heard stock and my LTH/x-pipe setup. I have to cold start with the garage closed and tons of people give me a thumbs up in traffic. The occassional old person will scream at me or give me the finger. Let me finish up my before and after video and I'll post later. Inside it's still reasonable when puttering around town. Even at WOT my mom said it wasn't too loud for her.

I get constant comments around town and on the road. People will literally race up to you to talk about what you're running. I have had one old person tell me this after we left a green light and hit the next red light "I was admiring how pretty your car is until you drove away and it sounded just awful. Why would you do that to such a nice car???"

Honestly the best part about this car is how it just gravitates people to you. I've already met a bunch of car enthusiasts in my time owning it.

604 C63 10-26-2016 07:04 PM

dlowery21, are you explaining to them that you are talking about secondary cats, and not primary? Just curious. Im not in California so I dont know about your laws. If you are, you prolly just need to ditch the mainstream big name shops and go see a guy named Hector who has a torch. Not a big job.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6952853)
dlowery21, are you explaining to them that you are talking about secondary cats, and not primary? Just curious. Im not in California so I dont know about your laws. If you are, you prolly just need to ditch the mainstream big name shops and go see a guy named Hector who has a torch. Not a big job.

Didn't even think of that. True, makes sure they don't think it's the primary. I still don't know why they'd turn you away, but it could be it. I've never heard of anyone having issues getting secondary cats or even primary cats removed. But it's worth a shot to stress the primary stays where it is.

604 C63 10-26-2016 07:16 PM

Why don't you get a C63 first, then clog up the forum with your questions that have been asked here already a hundred times

Dude. He may buy a car, next year, and it might be a C63 if he can find one for 5k under market value, he might mod it, of course that too would be next year, and he might be moving, also next year, and it might be to Florida. 2017 could be massive! How else is he gonna plan if we don't answer all the hypotheticals? He has questions about enviro testing in a state he doesn't live in for a car he doesn't own. Fair enough. Just cos they are all asked and answered and there for the searching that shouldn't keep you from investing your personal time. I may have time in 2017, and then I might get around to these, and maybe you should help, Mr. High Horse.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 07:20 PM

Lol ya'll wild :rolf:

C SEXY 3 10-26-2016 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6952698)
Okay, LTH is another beast on its own. How loud is that setup compared to mine (2nd cats & res delete to straight)

You do not have mufflers? Normally

I went with the 2nd cat and resonator delete before I got the LTH setup.

C SEXY 3 10-26-2016 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6952856)
Didn't even think of that. True, makes sure they don't think it's the primary. I still don't know why they'd turn you away, but it could be it. I've never heard of anyone having issues getting secondary cats or even primary cats removed. But it's worth a shot to stress the primary stays where it is.

You can pass smog in LA with 2nd delete, you may not pass visual inspection if you go somewhere that they get AMG's all the time.

C SEXY 3 10-26-2016 07:25 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv08gh5tog...start.mp4?dl=0

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6952868)

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6952870)
You can pass smog in LA with 2nd delete, you may not pass visual inspection if you go somewhere that they get AMG's all the time.

Yea I have mufflers. We'll, I got a guy that... Uh... Assist me with my pass. Just gotta give him a little ontop. I wouldn't pass smog with my BMW so I found this guy and I passed. Must be magic. Who knows.

C SEXY 3 10-26-2016 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6952880)
Yea I have mufflers. We'll, I got a guy that... Uh... Assist me with my pass. Just gotta give him a little ontop. I wouldn't pass smog with my BMW so I found this guy and I passed. Must be magic. Who knows.

Oh yes, that "guy" I've got him too haha. :rolf:

Also someone said something about the smell...yes LTH smells...just get 200 cell CAT's and you're good.

604 C63 10-26-2016 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6952880)
Must be magic. Who knows.

Its amazing what happens when you aren't cranky, lol.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6952868)

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6952870)

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6952888)
Oh yes, that "guy" I've got him too haha. :rolf:

Also someone said something about the smell...yes LTH smells...just get 200 cell CAT's and you're good.

Lol, isn't it funny. I think the extra money is stuffed into the exhaust and helps funnel out the bad fumes

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6952890)
Its amazing what happens when you aren't cranky, lol.

Haha, it's tough tho

Vpatriota 10-26-2016 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6952865)
Lol ya'll wild :rolf:

Man, the hammer squad here is mean, the hit SuperFastYo ... No mercy whatsoever.

Ba Dum Tsss

604 C63 10-26-2016 08:35 PM

Hang around here enough, for long enough, and you'll feel the same way.
I don't mean that in a condescending way, I just mean its inevitable.
I had one guy who I humored for awhile til we got up over 40 pm's, asking hypotheticals and theoreticals, and boom he be gone.

Respect me by respecting my time, and then you can have as much as you need.

SuperFastYo 10-26-2016 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vpatriota (Post 6952936)
Man, the hammer squad here is mean, the hit SuperFastYo ... No mercy whatsoever.

Ba Dum Tsss

My username will become a constant pun if this continues LOL!

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6952943)
I had one guy who I humored for awhile til we got up over 40 pm's, asking hypotheticals and theoreticals, and boom he be gone.

Yup, just like every other forum I've been apart of. I have a lot of time spent on the 370z.com so I know exactly what you mean.

604 C63 10-26-2016 09:02 PM

Did you know that in the US, a 370 starts at 30k and in Canada a 370 starts at........30K. But in Canadian dollars!!! Thats only $22,400 in US bucks. That is a helluva car for 22 grand. 6 spd, not badly outfitted with xenon headlights, power seats etc etc etc and you can actually find them with that set up and that price. Theyll give you 4% finance and even a bunch of loyalty bucks. Not saying its the greatest ever, but that is just a steal of a deal. You cant drive anything funner than that for that price.

Vpatriota 10-26-2016 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6952943)

Chill chief, I just couldn't resist the "SuperFastYo" username.. I had to slide the joke in. :naughty:

C63fora2w1 10-26-2016 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6952860)
Dude. He may buy a car, next year, and it might be a C63 if he can find one for 5k under market value, he might mod it, of course that too would be next year, and he might be moving, also next year, and it might be to Florida. 2017 could be massive! How else is he gonna plan if we don't answer all the hypotheticals? He has questions about enviro testing in a state he doesn't live in for a car he doesn't own. Fair enough. Just cos they are all asked and answered and there for the searching that shouldn't keep you from investing your personal time. I may have time in 2017, and then I might get around to these, and maybe you should help, Mr. High Horse.

I am glad that the second Forum Lord could chime in with his .02. I guess I should conciser myself fortunate that you are keeping such good tabs on me. Your obviously better than the rest of us peasants who should leave the C63's to the aristocrats like yourself and should just stick to our "camarys". This way you can look down on us from your ivory palace and count the ways that you are better than us.

Forum websites by nature are there so people can interact and exchange information. I may not own a C63 today but I aspire to in the near future and came here looking for information about this amazing machine. You presume to know me and everything about me because you read a few posts on an internet forum. Congratulations you have a lot of posts and may be a SME (Subject Matter Expert) but that doesn't give you license to be an as*hole and belittle others who share your same passions. Normally the people I meet on these forms are great who are always ready to help out and encourage new people to join and glean knowledge. I don't feel that I have anything to prove to you or anybody else. I guess what it comes down to is that I have shown you respect up until now despite you taking several shots at me, and I would appreciate it if you would do the same in return. If you can't do that don't say anything at all.

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 09:56 PM

@ 604 C63 and superfast yo
Yes i'm POSITIVE i'm referring to ONLY the 2nd cat delete. Apparently California has been running stings at shops in the last few years and pretty much all shops (at least the ones I've asked) are very hesitant to do any exhaust modifications involving removing cats and immediately shut me down and turn me away. They say "In California it's illegal to remove any cats from an exhaust system and California has been is picky about that and if we get caught doing that we can get in a lot of trouble". One shop offered to make a straight pipe but said I couldn't have the car on a rack for a reference or be at the shop and they obviously wouldn't install it. Another said they would install it but couldn't fabricate a straight pipe for me. I'm sure there are round about ways of going about it but at this point I'm debating if it's going to be worth all the effort at this point as the stock sound w/the tune is pretty sweet.

604 C63 10-26-2016 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Vpatriota (Post 6952987)
Chill chief, I just couldn't resist the "SuperFastYo" username.. I had to slide the joke in. :naughty:

Hey, we're all good. No problems here. Who was the first one to hop on board and start searching part numbers for you? This guy right here :D

I was just trying to describe why Im pissy sometimes. I cant speak for the other cranky guys but I think their reasoning is similar.
Again.......we be good.

BUt hey, why did your pic fall out of your signature? It was awesome.

604 C63 10-26-2016 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by C63fora2w1 (Post 6953005)
I am glad that the second Forum Lord could chime in with his .02. I guess I should conciser myself fortunate that you are keeping such good tabs on me. Your obviously better than the rest of us peasants who should leave the C63's to the aristocrats like yourself and should just stick to our "camarys". This way you can look down on us from your ivory palace and count the ways that you are better than us.

Forum websites by nature are there so people can interact and exchange information. I may not own a C63 today but I aspire to in the near future and came here looking for information about this amazing machine. You presume to know me and everything about me because you read a few posts on an internet forum. Congratulations you have a lot of posts and may be a SME (Subject Matter Expert) but that doesn't give you license to be an as*hole and belittle others who share your same passions. Normally the people I meet on these forms are great who are always ready to help out and encourage new people to join and glean knowledge. I don't feel that I have anything to prove to you or anybody else. I guess what it comes down to is that I have shown you respect up until now despite you taking several shots at me, and I would appreciate it if you would do the same in return. If you can't do that don't say anything at all.

If you are still on here in 6 months, owning a C63, living in Florida and hanging out here and contributing in a meaningful way I will be the first one to apologize. Hell, I'll go beyond that. I'll start an apology thread AND I will donate $50 to the charity of your choice. Dead serious. Lets call it end of April. Look me up if you're around. I'll still be here.

In the meantime, stop posting in the other threads about car values etc like you have even the foggiest notion what you are talking about. You have posted non-applicable comps and advised people on what they should pay and how to go about it, been totally off the mark about valuations on vehicles and started the "See you guys, You guys dont know values but I can find a cheap C63" thread using an EBAY listing that clearly says "RESERVE NOT MET", and just been generally off the mark on what these cars are worth. Not having a clue hasn't slowed you a lick, nor has never having been through the actual buying process, but we will get to that. I don't have a problem with you asking questions, that IS what this forum is for, but I do have a problem with you telling people about what they should be paying for something you've never bought yourself, when you clearly don't understand some very basic things. Like facelifts, and what years got it, and what that means, what the differences are and how that affects value. You could have asked, or better yet searched, but no you had to flap away a mile a minute like you know what you were talking about. All that yapping was just absurd. I don't know jack about you, but I do know that if you keep saying stupid **** then Ima keep calling you on it. Cos THAT's what these forums are for too. And now you're pissed that I wasn't nice enough to you in the midst of that. Well, suck it up, buttercup.

You basically did the online version of walking right into a room full of strangers, not introducing yourself, and without any first hand knowledge yourself started telling them about a subject they are already well informed on. Think about when someone does that, and how that goes over. Thats how it came across to me, and I can say for a fact, to some others. "Who the f is this? Why is he telling me this? Its all wrong, yet he's talking like.......". Do I think I am a subject matter expert? Yes, actually, I do. I better be on at least some level, I have owned 3 of the damn things over 5 years. Between two of my best friends there is another 4. I have modded em, worked on em, tracked em, bought em, sold em, financed em, crashed em, written em off, loved em like no other car I have ever owned, and made sacrifices to have them. You tell me whats worse......a guy who has had 3 of these thinking he has some knowledge or a guy thinking about buying one acting like he does?

I will say this....thank you for taking the Drives:C63 out of your sig like I mentioned. I'm being sincere, I appreciate that you at least heard me on that count. Having that felt dishonest, and not cos Im being snotty but because when you did that, that was the first time you clearly stated where you are in the process, and that is something that should be done before you a) advise people, so they can tell how much credence to give that advice and/or b) ask for help. You had been talking like an owner, and it was only an offhand comment that tweaked me to the fact you weren't. That I was the only one that figured it out at that point speaks volumes on that topic. You were talking as if you had purchased one before, and put your money where your mouth is, and made deals of the type you were suggesting that others can make. You haven't, and now you at least make that a little easier to see.

And just an FYI....I don't keep tabs on you, but I am here every day, and you made yourself kind of hard to miss. And I am tired of the guy that shows up here, makes a bunch of dumb comments, asks a bunch of stupid questions, and generally makes sure everybody sees he's there and how hard he's thinking. Especially since those guys always run out of gas and split. We get a lot of those, and thats how it looks from here, right now.
If I'm wrong, I'll apologize at the end of April. I would like nothing more than to give $50 to the charity of your choice. See you then. Or not.

604 C63 10-26-2016 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6953015)
Yes i'm POSITIVE i'm referring to ONLY the 2nd cat delete. Apparently California has been running stings at shops in the last few years and pretty much all shops (at least the ones I've asked) are very hesitant to do any exhaust modifications involving removing cats and immediately shut me down and turn me away. They say "In California it's illegal to remove any cats from an exhaust system and California has been is picky about that and if we get caught doing that we can get in a lot of trouble". One shop offered to make a straight pipe but said I couldn't have the car on a rack for a reference or be at the shop and they obviously wouldn't install it. Another said they would install it but couldn't fabricate a straight pipe for me. I'm sure there are round about ways of going about it but at this point I'm debating if it's going to be worth all the effort at this point as the stock sound w/the tune is pretty sweet.

Interesting. Again, I dont know California, but I have heard they have smog rules just short of Singapore. Hence the crappy gas. What about telling them its for track use? I always see that in the small print of performance parts ads. If you tell them that, they may not believe you, but at least they can say "thats what he told us". They prolly dont care what you are doing, they just dont want to hang for your crimes.

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 11:48 PM

Yeah, f**k California smog regulations :smash:

604 C63 10-26-2016 11:53 PM

Your gas is really that bad? We get some pretty awesome 94 octane at Chevron around here.

kickinrocks 10-26-2016 11:56 PM

Max 91 here. I mean I guess we could find 85 as an alternative but my car would have to be set up to run that. So 91 octane it is :/

604 C63 10-26-2016 11:58 PM

I had heard from several people it was just generally crappy gas, even aside from the octane. Lots of additives or something. Never was much for chemistry. Or high school for that matter lol. Majored in Girls and Parking Lot 101: How to Pop Your Hood.

kickinrocks 10-27-2016 12:11 AM

Yeah but we have tons of Del Taco and Taco Bell and Mexican food restaurants around for when we need the good, uncut gas :y

C63fora2w1 10-27-2016 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6953079)
If you are still on here in 6 months, owning a C63, living in Florida and hanging out here and contributing in a meaningful way I will be the first one to apologize. Hell, I'll go beyond that. I'll start an apology thread AND I will donate $50 to the charity of your choice. Dead serious. Lets call it end of April. Look me up if you're around. I'll still be here.

In the meantime, stop posting in the other threads about car values etc like you have even the foggiest notion what you are talking about. You have posted non-applicable comps and advised people on what they should pay and how to go about it, been totally off the mark about valuations on vehicles and started the "See you guys, You guys dont know values but I can find a cheap C63" thread using an EBAY listing that clearly says "RESERVE NOT MET", and just been generally off the mark on what these cars are worth. Not having a clue hasn't slowed you a lick, nor has never having been through the actual buying process, but we will get to that. I don't have a problem with you asking questions, that IS what this forum is for, but I do have a problem with you telling people about what they should be paying for something you've never bought yourself, when you clearly don't understand some very basic things. Like facelifts, and what years got it, and what that means, what the differences are and how that affects value. You could have asked, or better yet searched, but no you had to flap away a mile a minute like you know what you were talking about. All that yapping was just absurd. I don't know jack about you, but I do know that if you keep saying stupid **** then Ima keep calling you on it. Cos THAT's what these forums are for too. And now you're pissed that I wasn't nice enough to you in the midst of that. Well, suck it up, buttercup.

You basically did the online version of walking right into a room full of strangers, not introducing yourself, and without any first hand knowledge yourself started telling them about a subject they are already well informed on. Think about when someone does that, and how that goes over. Thats how it came across to me, and I can say for a fact, to some others. "Who the f is this? Why is he telling me this? Its all wrong, yet he's talking like.......". Do I think I am a subject matter expert? Yes, actually, I do. I better be on at least some level, I have owned 3 of the damn things over 5 years. Between two of my best friends there is another 4. I have modded em, worked on em, tracked em, bought em, sold em, financed em, crashed em, written em off, loved em like no other car I have ever owned, and made sacrifices to have them. You tell me whats worse......a guy who has had 3 of these thinking he has some knowledge or a guy thinking about buying one acting like he does?

I will say this....thank you for taking the Drives:C63 out of your sig like I mentioned. I'm being sincere, I appreciate that you at least heard me on that count. Having that felt dishonest, and not cos Im being snotty but because when you did that, that was the first time you clearly stated where you are in the process, and that is something that should be done before you a) advise people, so they can tell how much credence to give that advice and/or b) ask for help. You had been talking like an owner, and it was only an offhand comment that tweaked me to the fact you weren't. That I was the only one that figured it out at that point speaks volumes on that topic. You were talking as if you had purchased one before, and put your money where your mouth is, and made deals of the type you were suggesting that others can make. You haven't, and now you at least make that a little easier to see.

And just an FYI....I don't keep tabs on you, but I am here every day, and you made yourself kind of hard to miss. And I am tired of the guy that shows up here, makes a bunch of dumb comments, asks a bunch of stupid questions, and generally makes sure everybody sees he's there and how hard he's thinking. Especially since those guys always run out of gas and split. We get a lot of those, and thats how it looks from here, right now.
If I'm wrong, I'll apologize at the end of April. I would like nothing more than to give $50 to the charity of your choice. See you then. Or not.

I'd like to thank you for your offer to made a donation to a charity that would be a great thing to do. I am sorry if I came off wrong as that was not my intention. Internet forums can be amazing sources of information but they do attract trolls and people who try to pass themselves off as something their not. That was never my intention here. I can understand how it may look to someone who doesn't know me or my background after reading a few of my posts. The nature of my job requires me to move around a lot and while I am currently living in Albuquerque NM I still own a nice home in FL and hope to make it back there in 17 or 18... realistically its looking like after Feb of 18. Your time frame is about right for me purchasing a C63 I will receive my next promotion in Feb of 17 and plan to save as much as I can for a down payment between now and then.

I have owned several first generation camaros over the years with my most favorite being a 69 RS with a 383 ci stroker, full roller motor, AFR heads, big cam, 3500 stall, and 12 bolt posi with 3.55 gears. It was a street strip car that I used to drag race on weekends and cruise daily. I am pretty knowledgeable about first gen camaros and while it has been a while I could tell you most anything you wanted to know by decoding the VIN number and trim tag. I still still know the VIN number of mine by heart. I say this to because if someone came to Pro-touring.com or camaros.net and tried to tell me about first gen Camaros I might be like who is this guy... so I understand.

So I hope that I can purchase a C63 by April and I hope that we can make a worthy charity happy in the process. Until then I wish you the best. :y:zoom:

SuperFastYo 10-27-2016 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6952969)
Did you know that in the US, a 370 starts at 30k and in Canada a 370 starts at........30K. But in Canadian dollars!!! Thats only $22,400 in US bucks. That is a helluva car for 22 grand. 6 spd, not badly outfitted with xenon headlights, power seats etc etc etc and you can actually find them with that set up and that price. Theyll give you 4% finance and even a bunch of loyalty bucks. Not saying its the greatest ever, but that is just a steal of a deal. You cant drive anything funner than that for that price.

That's why there are so many owners in Canada on the forum! Makes sense. Great car, loved it. Then had my son so I bought a G37s. OMG. I loved that car. More than any other car I've ever owned, but the lack of power was awful. Check my insta, shes on there :D.

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6953015)
Yes i'm POSITIVE i'm referring to ONLY the 2nd cat delete. Apparently California has been running stings at shops in the last few years and pretty much all shops (at least the ones I've asked) are very hesitant to do any exhaust modifications involving removing cats and immediately shut me down and turn me away.

Just be like "Do you really think a Police Department is gonna drop the cash for a C63? They can't even get new vest, let alone a Mercedes!"

604 C63 10-27-2016 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by C63fora2w1 (Post 6953246)
I'd like to thank you for your offer to made a donation to a charity that would be a great thing to do. I am sorry if I came off wrong as that was not my intention. Internet forums can be amazing sources of information but they do attract trolls and people who try to pass themselves off as something their not. That was never my intention here. I can understand how it may look to someone who doesn't know me or my background after reading a few of my posts. The nature of my job requires me to move around a lot and while I am currently living in Albuquerque NM I still own a nice home in FL and hope to make it back there in 17 or 18... realistically its looking like after Feb of 18. Your time frame is about right for me purchasing a C63 I will receive my next promotion in Feb of 17 and plan to save as much as I can for a down payment between now and then.

I have owned several first generation camaros over the years with my most favorite being a 69 RS with a 383 ci stroker, full roller motor, AFR heads, big cam, 3500 stall, and 12 bolt posi with 3.55 gears. It was a street strip car that I used to drag race on weekends and cruise daily. I am pretty knowledgeable about first gen camaros and while it has been a while I could tell you most anything you wanted to know by decoding the VIN number and trim tag. I still still know the VIN number of mine by heart. I say this to because if someone came to Pro-touring.com or camaros.net and tried to tell me about first gen Camaros I might be like who is this guy... so I understand.

So I hope that I can purchase a C63 by April and I hope that we can make a worthy charity happy in the process. Until then I wish you the best. :y:zoom:

Outstanding. In all sincerity, that is just an exemplary display of "putting on the big boy pants" as my dad would say, and NOW you sound like a guy I want to help. If he needs it. I totally get how a first gen Camaro guy gets to here, cos I have long described our cars to the general public as "german muscle cars". Thank you for the background, cos I have a totally different picture now.
As I have alluded (sp?) to in other posts, I have had a couple obsessive guys work me to the point of frustration in recent months, but that should be my problem, not yours. These cars are great fun and this forum should be too. So Ima go take a chill pill and put on some big pants myself. Hang around, buy a car, and if I can help I will. Lets see if we can't give some money to a worthy cause.

C63fora2w1 10-27-2016 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6953343)
Outstanding. In all sincerity, that is just an exemplary display of "putting on the big boy pants" as my dad would say, and NOW you sound like a guy I want to help. If he needs it. I totally get how a first gen Camaro guy gets to here, cos I have long described our cars to the general public as "german muscle cars". Thank you for the background, cos I have a totally different picture now.
As I have alluded (sp?) to in other posts, I have had a couple obsessive guys work me to the point of frustration in recent months, but that should be my problem, not yours. These cars are great fun and this forum should be too. So Ima go take a chill pill and put on some big pants myself. Hang around, buy a car, and if I can help I will. Lets see if we can't give some money to a worthy cause.

Awesome !! So glad that we could come to an understanding. I was lead here because I love muscle and speed and because I wanted a 4 door sedan that could haul ass. I also wanted the luxury of a Mercedes and I am just getting to a point in my career where I can afford a nicer car. I have been fortunate enough to drive a few exotics, Ferrari F430, 360.. Lamborghini Murcielago, Gallardo spider.. SL65 AMG.. that thing was a monster and a Masarrati quatro. I really love a Ferrari and Lambo but they are just not practice for an everyday use or nearly as affordable... but I dream of owning a used one some day. I have looked at pretty much all the major brands BMW, Lexus, Porsche and pretty much decided that the C63 checked all the boxes I was looking for.

Looking forward to gettin to know everyone here. What does the 604 in your sig mean ?

Thanks,
Travis

604 C63 10-27-2016 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by C63fora2w1 (Post 6953433)
What does the 604 in your sig mean ?

That I didn't put much thought into my user name lol. Im from Vancouver, BC and 604 is the area code. There is an absolute metric **** tonne of AMGs here. See half a dozen C63 every. single. day. At minimum.

Whats a 2w1?

SuperFastYo 10-27-2016 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6953437)
That I didn't put much thought into my user name lol. Im from Vancouver, BC and 604 is the area code. There is an absolute metric **** tonne of AMGs here. See half a dozen C63 every. single. day. At minimum.

Whats a 2w1?

Come or Orange County, I haven't seen a single one yet. People take pictures of my car like its a supercar. They just don't seem them around my parts. It's mostly m3/m4/s3/s6

CSexy3 is in OC, and he says there is a group of em. But I still have yet to see one.

604 C63 10-27-2016 11:39 AM

When the valets park my car, I have been left out front like twice. I think thats a key indicator

C63fora2w1 10-27-2016 11:42 AM

2w1 the the Air Force job code for a Aircraft Armament systems specialist.. aka Aircraft weapons.. I am a US Air Force vet with 10 years I worked F-15's and A-10s.

C63's are not that common around me. I missed a chance to check out a used one at the Mercedes dealer in Albuquerque but they sold it before I could go see it. I happen to be in IL for a class and there was one here that I went and checked out. I am the type of person who likes to do alot of research before I set my mind on something. Hence why you might see me asking a lot of questions and why I test drove a ton of different cars before I decided which one I liked the most. The 507 that I drove here was a rocket ship !! It was amazing.

604 C63 10-27-2016 12:15 PM

Damn, you're a veteran? Gotta say.....

If you came on here saying "I'm an Air Force vet who's into 67-8-9 Camaro's, but wants a C63" not only would I have had a different greeting for you but I know some others would have too. I have my part in that, and Ill own up to it. I may be in Canada, but I have a lot of respect for those that have served on either side of the border.

Now lets chill out before somebody starts singing Kumbaya or something lol.

SuperFastYo 10-27-2016 12:23 PM

Lol this thread! I have never seen a better moment to post this video

C63fora2w1 10-27-2016 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6953491)
Damn, you're a veteran? Gotta say.....

If you came on here saying "I'm an Air Force vet who's into 67-8-9 Camaro's, but wants a C63" not only would I have had a different greeting for you but I know some others would have too. I have my part in that, and Ill own up to it. I may be in Canada, but I have a lot of respect for those that have served on either side of the border.

Now lets chill out before somebody starts singing Kumbaya or something lol.

Yes, I served but I don't like blowing my own horn, I try to be a humble guy. There are many more who served and gave much much more than I ever will. I appreciate the thank you's but its not why I joined. Honestly it was the best decision I have ever made. I reap the benefits of that decision to this day. I currently work for the Air Force to this day as a DOD civilian. I negotiate contracts for the Air Force Research Laboratory.

kickinrocks 10-27-2016 12:58 PM

Damn, 604 I wouldn't let anyone valet my Civic Si much less my C63 lol. I'm a nit about my cars and keep them pristine and I've seen valet's bump into countless things and they deny culpability when confronted. My good buddy used to valet at a casino by me and major hotel and would do it buzzed, valeting like lambos and ferraris and such. Since then I'm super jaded...I'll park my damn car in back somewhere lol.

SuperFastYo 10-27-2016 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6953547)
Damn, 604 I wouldn't let anyone valet my Civic Si much less my C63 lol. I'm a nit about my cars and keep them pristine and I've seen valet's bump into countless things and they deny culpability when confronted. My good buddy used to valet at a casino by me and major hotel and would do it buzzed, valeting like lambos and ferraris and such. Since then I'm super jaded...I'll park my damn car in back somewhere lol.

I remember putting my BMW into valet mode and watching the guy drive off slow as hell lol. I've seen these guys go speeding off. Wont happen in my cars.

604 C63 10-27-2016 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6953554)
I remember putting my BMW into valet mode and watching the guy drive off slow as hell lol. I've seen these guys go speeding off. Wont happen in my cars.

335 with a Juicebox? Cos Ive been there.

Heres my rationale with valets....I only use them if my car is immaculate. I mean, pristine. If your car looks loved and babied, they take better care of it. Show up in a dirty C63 with cheeseburger wrappers on the floor and they are gonna beat the everlovin snot out of it. And who can blame them? I would too.

SuperFastYo 10-27-2016 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6953583)
335 with a Juicebox? Cos Ive been there.

Heres my rationale with valets....I only use them if my car is immaculate. I mean, pristine. If your car looks loved and babied, they take better care of it. Show up in a dirty C63 with cheeseburger wrappers on the floor and they are gonna beat the everlovin snot out of it. And who can blame them? I would too.

Yup, JB4 G5. It's weird with all my mods on that car it felt fast than the C63. But thats just butt dyno and turbo's pull hard.

C SEXY 3 10-27-2016 01:33 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d1574a84a2.gif

604 C63 10-27-2016 01:34 PM

Smaller feeling too, and that helps.

Never loved that car. It did a lot of things really well, with ease, but it lacked personality.
To me anyways. I just never really.....connected with it. Had it about 3 months and I was ready for the lease end
but had another 33 months to go.

604 C63 10-27-2016 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6953547)
I've seen valet's bump into countless things and they deny culpability when confronted.

I could say the same thing about my wife. #CurbedRims

SuperFastYo 10-27-2016 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6953595)
Smaller feeling too, and that helps.

Never loved that car. It did a lot of things really well, with ease, but it lacked personality.
To me anyways. I just never really.....connected with it. Had it about 3 months and I was ready for the lease end
but had another 33 months to go.

Same exact way. I came from my G37 which I loved (check my insta, its on there towards the bottom). Everytime I would walk away from that car I would constantly look back at it. Once I got the BMW, never looked at it. I enjoyed its ease of power gains, but idk... nothing else excited me about it.

I now have the old "look back" feeling with the C63 all over again.

604 C63 10-27-2016 01:39 PM

Our trajectory is very similar.....

G35x - 335i - C63 - C63 P30 - C63 P31

C SEXY 3 10-27-2016 01:51 PM

Oh BTW, I think we are heading down to San Diego with the AMG SoCal Lounge for Cars and Coffee

SuperFastYo 10-27-2016 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6953603)
Our trajectory is very similar.....

G35x - 335i - C63 - C63 P30 - C63 P31

That means I have to jump into a Pxx next! lol

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6953616)
Oh BTW, I think we are heading down to San Diego with the AMG SoCal Lounge for Cars and Coffee

I'll hit you up if I can go! Sounds like a blast

C63fora2w1 10-27-2016 03:21 PM

Holy Cow !! Did this thread spiral light years off topic... glad it did though .. we got a lot straightened out ..

roadkillrob 10-27-2016 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=SuperFastYo;6953554]I remember putting my BMW into valet mode and watching the guy drive off slow as hell lol. I've seen these guys go speeding off. Wont happen in my cars.[/QUOTE

Valets=no

kickinrocks 10-27-2016 07:52 PM

@C Sexy 3. San Diego C&C, that's my neck of the woods, I live 5 minutes from La Jolla. Never been to a cars and coffee before but if anyone is going I'm down to meet up.

Vpatriota 10-28-2016 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6953029)
BUt hey, why did your pic fall out of your signature? It was awesome.

I thought it was a bit too much. I work on the size/res of the pic, when I have some free time this weekend...

s.e.a.n. 10-28-2016 11:15 AM

Are you a forum moderator? So many different threads where I see you getting at members for no apparent reason.

BLKROKT 10-28-2016 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n. (Post 6954391)
Are you a forum moderator? So many different threads where I see you getting at members for no apparent reason.

Are you retarded, because you seem to say a lot of retarded things. Like this.

I'm asking because if you are, then I'll lay off. I don't want to be accused of harassing someone with special needs.

s.e.a.n. 10-28-2016 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6954395)
Are you retarded, because you seem to say a lot of retarded things. Like this.

I'm asking because if you are, then I'll lay off. I don't want to be accused of harassing someone with special needs.

SMH!
Point proven once again all I am saying is chill, you take this forum a little too serious. Nothing wrong with doing a little research before buying a car.

C SEXY 3 10-28-2016 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6953926)
@C Sexy 3. San Diego C&C, that's my neck of the woods, I live 5 minutes from La Jolla. Never been to a cars and coffee before but if anyone is going I'm down to meet up.

Yeah if you have facebook join the ASL https://www.facebook.com/groups/amg....ounge/?fref=nf

and I will invite you to the C&C event page, we are heading down from LA around 5AM

INS1GNIA 10-28-2016 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n. (Post 6954437)
Nothing wrong with doing a little research before

Exactly, that is what 99% of new C63 owners/newbies DON'T do. Imagine seeing the same questions 100 times a week. Not even asked nicely or politely most of the time "How to make my car fast, tell me"....it get's old quick. A simple search would help you find most basic questions/answers.

604 C63 10-28-2016 02:35 PM

^^^^^THIS. ONE THOUSAND TIMES, THIS^^^^^

It's about about spending some of your own time & effort, before spending someone else's.

Think of it this way......
If you saw someone broken down and helpless on the side of the road, would you help them?
I think most of us who are mechanically inclined would.
They need our help, we enjoy helping others. So we do it.
Now, suppose you helped them only to find out that they had a full set of tools in the trunk
and just couldn't be bothered to put in the effort?
Suppose that is what happened a few times in a row, with a few different people.
The next time you saw someone stuck roadside, and you see they have a jerry can sitting
on the hood but they want you to go get them some gas cos they just can't be bothered.....
...how long would it take before you flipped em the double bird?

C SEXY 3 10-28-2016 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6954569)
^^^^^THIS. ONE THOUSAND TIMES, THIS^^^^^

It's about about spending some of your own time & effort, before spending someone else's.

Think of it this way......
If you saw someone broken down and helpless on the side of the road, would you help them?
I think most of us who are mechanically inclined would.
They need our help, we enjoy helping others. So we do it.
Now, suppose you helped them only to find out that they had a full set of tools in the trunk
and just couldn't be bothered to put in the effort?
Suppose that is what happened a few times in a row, with a few different people.
The next time you saw someone stuck roadside, and you see they have a jerry can sitting
on the hood but they want you to go get them some gas cos they just can't be bothered.....
...how long would it take before you flipped em the double bird?

http://replygif.net/i/1536.gif

BLKROKT 10-28-2016 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n. (Post 6954437)
Nothing wrong with doing a little research before buying a car.

Asking a question that has been asked and answered no less than a hundred times on this forum is NOT "doing a little research". What universe do you live in? That's called "being oblivious" or "being annoying" or "being clueless as to how forums work" or "being lazy" or "being careless" in this one. But I don't expect very much from you as far as insightful postings, so whatever.

"Doing a little research" is using the search function and finding the answer for yourself. It's called "courtesy", although the OP seems to have made amends by posting up his bad-ass car history and admitting that he went about the thread the wrong way. I can respect that.

C SEXY 3 10-28-2016 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6954598)
Asking a question that has been asked and answered no less than a hundred times on this forum is NOT "doing a little research". What universe do you live in? That's called "being oblivious" or "being annoying" or "being clueless as to how forums work" or "being lazy" or "being careless" in this one. But I don't expect very much from you as far as insightful postings, so whatever.

"Doing a little research" is using the search function and finding the answer for yourself. It's called "courtesy", although the OP seems to have made amends by posting up his bad-ass car history and admitting that he went about the thread the wrong way. I can respect that.

Exactly just like I can respect the ****ing ass hole who cut me off yet actually rolls his window down and gives me a wave and a sorry. That I can respect. I can't respect the ****tard who comes in asking a question without using the search function to find out if the question he is asking is a total waste of hard disk space. :beatdeadh

kickinrocks 10-28-2016 05:54 PM

@ C Sexy 3. 5AM????:bow: Jesus you guys are about that life lol, I'll probably be sleeping at that time. I am a member of that group on facebook so I might roll by, albeit a little later. I'm surprised that you guys from LA aren't going to the OC one that's the same day I believe, I heard that one is much bigger and that's closer to you. However, I'm down to meet up with some new people if you do make it down here to La Jolla and introduce myself and appreciate some other nice cars. Take care!

C SEXY 3 10-28-2016 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6954761)
@ C Sexy 3. 5AM????:bow: Jesus you guys are about that life lol, I'll probably be sleeping at that time. I am a member of that group on facebook so I might roll by, albeit a little later. I'm surprised that you guys from LA aren't going to the OC one that's the same day I believe, I heard that one is much bigger and that's closer to you. However, I'm down to meet up with some new people if you do make it down here to La Jolla and introduce myself and appreciate some other nice cars. Take care!

Oh we are most def going to SD! We normally do the AV C&C, which yes is pretty big but we want to support our SD AMG family so we are planning to caravan down that way.

We wont get to SD until like 6:30ish maybe 7

kickinrocks 10-28-2016 06:02 PM

Well text of FB message me and I'll roll out when you guys get there and meet up. How deep are you guys rolling?

C SEXY 3 10-28-2016 06:15 PM

As of the current FB event page, 11 going from Orange County to SD C&C

SuperFastYo 10-28-2016 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6954781)
As of the current FB event page, 11 going from Orange County to SD C&C

****. I wanna roll but idk bout that time hahaha. plus my car is dirty as ****.

C SEXY 3 10-28-2016 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6954786)
****. I wanna roll but idk bout that time hahaha. plus my car is dirty as ****.

My car is ALWAYS dirty when I drive over 10 miles from the exhaust lol. I am not even going to wash it today or worry about it being dirty lol

kickinrocks 10-28-2016 10:26 PM

@ C Sexy 3 and Superfastyo if you guys make it down text me at 6198760823 and I'll roll by even if it's early - Dan

SuperFastYo 10-28-2016 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by dlowery21 (Post 6954954)
@ C Sexy 3 and Superfastyo if you guys make it down text me at 6198760823 and I'll roll by even if it's early - Dan

I wont be able to make it, next one I will :y

Boosted-b18c 11-11-2016 01:58 PM

Sup everyone, noticed you guys were talking about LTH with cat deletes and what not, was wondering if any of you who have LTH without primary or secondary cats are or ever had problems with the 02 sensors malfunctions/ mainly bank 1 sensor 1?? I have replaced it twice so far and the secondary on the same side once since ive had the car which is 12,000..im thinking it is because of the catless LTH?? .. car has a MHP tune with MHP LTH.. bought it from another member here on the site last year, some might know him, user name is 2010c63amg ..

C SEXY 3 11-11-2016 02:07 PM

Tune should remove the O2 sensor.

Boosted-b18c 11-11-2016 03:10 PM

that's what I thought, until I had to replace that secondary o2 but haven't had any issue since replaced which was a month after I bought it....but the primary (bank 1 sensor 1) is the one that's been coming up , even the guy before me said he replaced it once , anyone have any input about putting a sparkplug defouler on bank 1 sensor 1?

Boosted-b18c 11-11-2016 03:11 PM

btw, its a 2010, w/ 42k miles

chrisridebike8 11-11-2016 03:36 PM

Secondary O2 sensors, or the downstream ones, are shut off with a header tune. Primary O2 sensors are still used for AFR. Without them, the car basically can't run properly. I'd say you probably have an intake manifold gasket leak or some other type of unmetered air getting to that cylinder bank. The primary O2 sees the car is lean and adds a bunch of fuel, making it rich for safety and fouling the sensor quicker. PFL cars commonly had leaky intake manifold gaskets, mine included.

reddot1 11-11-2016 11:39 PM

Everyones off the topic..lol
But back to decat, l've straight piped with milltek bypass two months back and the sound is just beautiful:) Slightly louder in startup and idle, but s+ mode makes your neighbour complain everyday.

Vpatriota 11-12-2016 09:59 AM

Hey guys, as I couldn't find a better place to ask, here it goes.

i've ordered the valvetronic catback from iPE. As far as I know (I might be very wrong here), the catback will be plugged after the cat. I've read several reviews from people saying they get a bit droning w/o resonator. So I was thinking maybe do a straight pipe to replace the cats and keep the resonator? Will it work?

sirius9 11-12-2016 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Vpatriota (Post 6967430)
Hey guys, as I couldn't find a better place to ask, here it goes.

i've ordered the valvetronic catback from iPE. As far as I know (I might be very wrong here), the catback will be plugged after the cat. I've read several reviews from people saying they get a bit droning w/o resonator. So I was thinking maybe do a straight pipe to replace the cats and keep the resonator? Will it work?

It can be done. But requires a lot of cutting and rewelding.

Better off just fitting the catback valvetronic IPE backboxes first and drive it and see if u get droning. It depends on driving habits and also terrains.