MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   BLACK FRIDAY - (and EC Version 6 Info) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/643402-black-friday-ec-version-6-info.html)

sales@eurocharged.com 11-09-2016 10:01 AM

BLACK FRIDAY - (and EC Version 6 Info)

Hello all, we would like to release our Black Friday Tune and Programmer pricing and at the same time release the Version 6 so that update from V5 to V6 is discounted for the holiday as well! :D

The tune and programmer pricing will be $XXX plus shipping. $XXX will last ONLY throughout the holiday and end 11/30/2016. (We have been generous and previously honored our $XXX price even after sales times.) Each tune purchased will be sent the Version 6 file.

If wanting to upgrade from Version 5 to Version 6, the update will be $XXX during the holiday. After the holiday, the version 6 upgrade will be $125. All customers who have purchased a V5 tune in October 2016- November 8, 2016 will get the V6 upgrade complementary, please send original invoice along with your stock file and any changes you would like to make to the vehicle in the email and wait for our tuner to get you the new file.

Below is the Version 6 information from our tuner:

Version 6 Info

"V6 upgrade (M156 tunes) will have a power increase (about 5-10 hp is being reported) but it also includes refinements to throttle maps, timing maps, and fueling maps. Customers have asked for a slightly leaner AFR above 4700 RPM and we made it happen. It will include the option to set your rev limiter, and delete the "Cold Start" function. We can also provide “flame tunes” or files with burbles and popping for those of you who like the pops. With the new Ethanol controller from Eurocharged Austin, we can also give you the ability to run custom maps tailored specifically for ethanol. If you have a MyGenius handheld, you can have a custom ethanol map for the track, and you can flash back and forth as you desire. Power gains of up to 40WHP with the EC Austin ethanol controller and tune are possible.

The cost for the V6 upgrade during the sale will be $XXX. The reason for the charge is because every file will be custom. You can choose your rev limiter (stock – 7500), enable or disable cold start, etc. We spend a huge amount of time refining the software and trying to make it better. The small charge enables us to continue doing this.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7bccddd8e5.jpg

When upgrading from V5 to V6, please send an email to sales@eurocharged.com and we will send you an invoice. Once payment has been received, please forward the invoice along with your stock file, modifications to the car, and choices from the "menu" below. It is ONE tune not different ones, here is the "menu" you can choose from:

- Are you catless? Yes? Then you can has flame tunez, if you want it.
You MUST be catless to have flame tunes. You cannot pass emissons.
FLAME TUNE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!!

- Do you plan on running ethanol? (must purchase controller) Let us know.
To purchase an ethanol controller please contact sales@eurochargedatx.com or 512-777-2799. No tune is required to install ethanol controller, but adding the V6 will increase power.

- Do you want more burbles and pops?
Burbles and popping on deceleration from above 4000 rpm.
BURBLES AND POPS IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!!

- Do you want to change the rev limiter? Anywhere from stock-7500.
It revs the car out further where you can gain more power above redline. It will not affect how/when the car shifts.

- Do you want to delete cold start?
Cold start RPM is the high RPM the car has when the engine is cold. Some people do not like the loud startup in the morning.

- Everyone will automatically have leaner AFR's for more power.

We wish everyone the best for the holidays, please contact us for questions and purchasing:

sales@eurocharged.com OR 713-462-1600

Thanks,
-Eurocharged Performance

roadkillrob 11-09-2016 10:15 AM

I am so excited, email sent with stock file - can't wait to try out V6!

Rob

TheInfamousDrew 11-09-2016 10:15 AM

Ohhhh snap!

SuperFastYo 11-09-2016 10:37 AM

Well Tiff, guess I'll be talking to you soon.

AMGonFire 11-09-2016 10:50 AM

This is great. What do we need to do to get version 6 for current 5 owners? When will the ethanol controller be available?

MJames2 11-09-2016 11:10 AM

I thought previous customers get a free upgrade? I already have everything V6 has on V5 due to asking jerry and the dyno tuner to change some things

Also you guys do custom files for free or at least you did ...so V6 is 0 different then a Custom file V5 (which jerry has done for many people)

and the rev limiter setting has been around since V4 ..infact a bunch of us old guys have been running 7500-8000 RPM for the last 3-4 years (this is another thing jerry did too)

and the flame tune isn't even possible if you have both cats, i thought it was common knowledge that a car will only shoot flames when it has 0-1 cats ..not 2

not to include the fact that a lean car won't spit flames, you need it to be rich

im glad you guys have come out with a V6 but again, all these "settings" could be done with V5 for free if you sent jerry a e-mail with what to do

Adam Chambers 11-09-2016 11:47 AM

Is there a timeline where you would waive the upgrade fee? I have only had my tune/tuner for 3 months.

And cost/availability on the ethanol kit and tune.

Sakebomb 11-09-2016 12:41 PM

Wow i wished i'd known about this... I literally got my tune yesterday from you guys and haven't even loaded it into my car yet.

SaphGreyC63 11-09-2016 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by MJames2 (Post 6965036)
I thought previous customers get a free upgrade? I already have everything V6 has on V5 due to asking jerry and the dyno tuner to change some things

Also you guys do custom files for free or at least you did ...so V6 is 0 different then a Custom file V5 (which jerry has done for many people)

and the rev limiter setting has been around since V4 ..infact a bunch of us old guys have been running 7500-8000 RPM for the last 3-4 years (this is another thing jerry did too)

and the flame tune isn't even possible if you have both cats, i thought it was common knowledge that a car will only shoot flames when it has 0-1 cats ..not 2

not to include the fact that a lean car won't spit flames, you need it to be rich

im glad you guys have come out with a V6 but again, all these "settings" could be done with V5 for free if you sent jerry a e-mail with what to do

I thought that was the case too when I bought V5, ALL future upgrades were promised free to us, but thats not the case since they just basically shrugged their shoulders and said, oops changed our minds about that.

Adam Chambers 11-09-2016 12:55 PM

I understand charging for upgrades, it takes time and resources to make them. Gotta pay that bill somehow. But maybe a year of free upgrades? Or 1 upgrade free? Something. Making people have buyers remorse over your product that they've had only a short time isn't a good business plan. Your tunes are great, and I have them on two current cars, customer service has always been great but this is like a slap in the face.

sales@eurocharged.com 11-09-2016 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6965016)
Well Tiff, guess I'll be talking to you soon.

It definitely wasn't me who posted this, lol. I just got into work. :D

sales@eurocharged.com 11-09-2016 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by AMGonFire (Post 6965023)
This is great. What do we need to do to get version 6 for current 5 owners? When will the ethanol controller be available?

Current V5 owners just need to pay for the reflash $75 now until the holiday or $125 after the holiday. The ethanol controller is available, you have to contact adam@eurochargedatx.com or give them a call.

-Tiff

chrisridebike8 11-09-2016 01:44 PM

Changes that you are keeping secret? Then why even mention them? We as consumers would like to know what we are being charged for (especially after be told we would get upgrades for free) and not feel like we are being sold a bunch of pops and burbles mixed with snake oil. Please elaborate because I'll be honest, as a customer that has had your tune for almost 4 years, this last year has left me somewhat displeased. I like the TT kit and the Ethanol work, but let's not forget that the reason you guys have gotten here is from excellent customer service and a great product, not gimicks and nickle and diming people.

sales@eurocharged.com 11-09-2016 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sakebomb (Post 6965099)
Wow i wished i'd known about this... I literally got my tune yesterday from you guys and haven't even loaded it into my car yet.

PM'd.

georgy 11-09-2016 02:10 PM

What's the benefit of deleting the cold start function?

Also, are there any downsides to increasing the rev limiter? Can the stock valve springs cope with more revs to 8,000?

chrisridebike8 11-09-2016 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by georgy (Post 6965188)
What's the benefit of deleting the cold start function?

Also, are there any downsides to increasing the rev limiter? Can the stock valve springs cope with more revs to 8,000?

It's for people with headers and grumpy neighbors.

GRP 11-09-2016 05:54 PM

Why no free vanilla version of V6 with AFR/power change but no options box to tick - I have no need or desire to change the rev limit, delete cold start or add a flame tune.

BLKROKT 11-09-2016 05:57 PM

I predict this thread won't end well....

Guys, I get it. But Jerry's time and development costs something. If you're going to leave EC over a hundred bucks every couple of years - I mean, how many times are you really going to change your tune - then you're in the wrong car. They have a business to run, and costs to cover, it's not a charity. Our fees contribute to their continued development of the platform, which is now totally defunct. We all had a good run, but honestly I've been running the same tune since early 2015 I don't see what the huge issue is here. I'm just happy they're continuing to support the platform.

roadkillrob 11-09-2016 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6965359)

Guys, I get it. But Jerry's time and development costs something. If you're going to leave EC over a hundred bucks every couple of years - I mean, how many times are you really going to change your tune - then you're in the wrong car. They have a business to run, and costs to cover, it's not a charity. Our fees contribute to their continued development of the platform, which is now totally defunct. We all had a good run, but honestly I've been running the same tune since early 2015 I don't see what the huge issue is here. I'm just happy they're continuing to support the platform.

I am happy, I wish it was $35 or free, but honestly, EC is the only vendor not charging 3 times what stuff is worth just because it is Mercedes, tune is a steal at $700 and a couple upgrades at $75 is still a deal, paid $1200 for my 335i flash, $200 for the upgrade from GIAC. On my S4 tunes were ridiculously priced, 1400-1800 bucks.

I also just bought my tune like 6 weeks ago, but the service and responsiveness of these guys is far better than I have experienced from most vendors and I emailed these guys at 10:05 and paid and had V6 like 10 minutes later.

AMGonFire 11-09-2016 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by roadkillrob (Post 6965379)
I am happy, I wish it was $35 or free, but honestly, EC is the only vendor not charging 3 times what stuff is worth just because it is Mercedes, tune is a steal at $700 and a couple upgrades at $75 is still a deal, paid $1200 for my 335i flash, $200 for the upgrade from GIAC. On my S4 tunes were ridiculously priced, 1400-1800 bucks.

I also just bought my tune like 6 weeks ago, but the service and responsiveness of these guys is far better than I have experienced from most vendors and I emailed these guys at 10:05 and paid and had V6 like 10 minutes later.

So how do you like the v6 tune?

ritalin 11-09-2016 06:43 PM

Preach.

I bought the tune and installed it today.
It definitely feels smoother to me. I don't think a 5-10hp difference at this level is very noticeable but the tune feels better than v5. I have not had much time to drive with it or explore all of the changes through real world driving yet, but for the money, i'm not bothered at all....
I will get the e85 module provided i can obtain e85 here in Canada.
The burble makes for a good gimick.

I'm supposed to hit the drag strip on monday so i'll get a better chance at some full throttle runs then.

Thanks to Eurocharged and Jerry. I'll report back with any other noticeable differences in the coming weeks....

Sidv22 11-09-2016 07:09 PM

I agree with BLKROKT. The time and effort has to count for something and $75-125 surely doesn't feel like a ripoff. its like not like we update the tune every 6 months and it will give them a little incentive to keep improving the tune. Like others have mentioned, EC customer service has been top notch and I will always recommend getting a tune from EC.
Now, what is a E85 module? Can someone explain more?

SaphGreyC63 11-09-2016 07:17 PM

I don't think the issue some of us have are with this. Yes, I totally understand that time and development costs money. Yes, they deserve to resale it at the price they choose.

BUT

When purchasing my tune, they had stated that all future upgrades would be free. That's the issue I am having right now, is not the fact that they are charging, but rather going back on their word. If they decide to, moving forward, tell all their customers, hey you buy this tune, you get this tune, and upgrades can be had for a nominal fee. But when I bought my tune, I was told I would get free upgrades for life, but now I see that is not the case.

In other words, its the back pedaling on stated terms when they sold me the tune. Kind of like buying something with a 5 year warranty, only to call the company up in year 3 with a problem and find out they decided not to honor that warranty anymore (just an example).

chrisridebike8 11-09-2016 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63 (Post 6965466)
I don't think the issue some of us have are with this. Yes, I totally understand that time and development costs money. Yes, they deserve to resale it at the price they choose.

BUT

When purchasing my tune, they had stated that all future upgrades would be free. That's the issue I am having right now, is not the fact that they are charging, but rather going back on their word. If they decide to, moving forward, tell all their customers, hey you buy this tune, you get this tune, and upgrades can be had for a nominal fee. But when I bought my tune, I was told I would get free upgrades for life, but now I see that is not the case.

In other words, its the back pedaling on stated terms when they sold me the tune. Kind of like buying something with a 5 year warranty, only to call the company up in year 3 with a problem and find out they decided not to honor that warranty anymore (just an example).

This. I can afford $75. Hell, that's a week of gas. It's the principle. When I paid $1000 or whatever it was almost 4 years ago I was promised something and now that has been taken away. That doesn't sit well with me. Furthermore, when I buy something, in this case the upgrade, I want to know what I'm paying for. Telling me we have this secret stuff in there that does stuff doesn't do anything for me. I want to know. Or just don't say things like that and say "we have inproved overall driveability" or something.

Mazspeed 11-10-2016 12:39 AM

$75 for all that work to program a new and improved and even custom tune is a bargain. Some of you can't seriously be mad at this. They are still supporting the car. I think this is great.
I have already e-mailed them for the new tune and what I want. No pops and crackles though. I hate that sound out of an exhaust. If I bought the new Merc GT-R the first thing I would do is ditch that horrible exhaust. I like the clean sound of an angry musical V8 without the crackling and popping noises. That's for kids.