MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Whats the weight of each part (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/643428-whats-weight-each-part.html)

henk92 11-09-2016 02:30 PM

Whats the weight of each part
 
Hi guys

If any of you wants to know the weight of a part on a w204 c63 feel free to ask.
I have my car totally stripped and have all parts laying around.
As for now i reduced my weight with 650 pounds.
Got now cf doors made. I think i can cut out about 850/900 pounds.

chrisridebike8 11-09-2016 02:34 PM

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ht-thread.html

henk92 11-09-2016 02:51 PM

Seen that. But i have literally every single part. My list of parts i have been putting on the scale would be like 20 pages long.

My car is stripped to bare chassis.

SuperFastYo 11-09-2016 02:54 PM

PICS! I wanna see the CF Doors :)

henk92 11-09-2016 03:04 PM

Sure will post some pics this week.

BLKROKT 11-09-2016 03:07 PM

I have a question since you have it stripped down to the chassis. What is the extent of the sound-deadening treatment under the interior panels? In my experience, some cars have a heavy insulating layer stuck to the body panels that can be chipped/peeled off with some effort.

Just want to see if you have done this, and if it's worthwhile for me to go ahead and take apart the interior to get all the sound deadening and insulating material out, then put it all back together. If you think it's worth it, what do you think the weight savings are?

Also, while I'm asking questions, when you took it apart did you happen to notice a few things that would be easy to remove and a significant weight savings, but that you wouldn't really miss if removed? Again, on previous vehicles, once the interior is ripped out there are usually unused brackets and supports just hanging around that aren't really necessary, but when added up amount to some pretty good weight savings.

Last question - did you have/remove the pano roof? I see some reports that it's 75# and others closer to 200#. If you removed, what did you replace with?

Thanks for your thoughts

gzim335 11-09-2016 05:33 PM

finally a thread about stuff that matters in life lol,can you please post pics im planning on gutting the car to bare metal from driverseat back including door cards speakers everything

gzim335 11-09-2016 05:37 PM


Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 6965232)
I have a question since you have it stripped down to the chassis. What is the extent of the sound-deadening treatment under the interior panels? In my experience, some cars have a heavy insulating layer stuck to the body panels that can be chipped/peeled off with some effort.

Just want to see if you have done this, and if it's worthwhile for me to go ahead and take apart the interior to get all the sound deadening and insulating material out, then put it all back together. If you think it's worth it, what do you think the weight savings are?

Also, while I'm asking questions, when you took it apart did you happen to notice a few things that would be easy to remove and a significant weight savings, but that you wouldn't really miss if removed? Again, on previous vehicles, once the interior is ripped out there are usually unused brackets and supports just hanging around that aren't really necessary, but when added up amount to some pretty good weight savings.

Last question - did you have/remove the pano roof? I see some reports that it's 75# and others closer to 200#. If you removed, what did you replace with?

Thanks for your thoughts

i wonder if we can remove motor and sliders and stuff thats gotta be like 50b

604 C63 11-09-2016 05:38 PM

Post PDF and PICS please!

CF doors. Damn. Me wants to see those!

C SEXY 3 11-09-2016 07:15 PM

Yes subscribing for the pics

Adi-Benz 11-09-2016 07:35 PM

Wow bare bones lets see pics

SuperFastYo 11-09-2016 10:45 PM


Originally Posted by henk92 (Post 6965208)
Hi guys

If any of you wants to know the weight of a part on a w204 c63 feel free to ask.


Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6965218)
PICS! I wanna see the CF Doors :)


Originally Posted by gzim335 (Post 6965344)
finally a thread about stuff that matters in life lol,can you please post pics im planning on gutting the car to bare metal from driverseat back including door cards speakers everything


Originally Posted by 604 C63 (Post 6965350)
Post PDF and PICS please!

CF doors. Damn. Me wants to see those!


Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 6965461)
Yes subscribing for the pics


Originally Posted by Adi-Benz (Post 6965479)
Wow bare bones lets see pics

I think we derailed your thread lol. The MBWorld curse strikes again!

mr747 11-09-2016 10:52 PM


Originally Posted by gzim335 (Post 6965344)
finally a thread about stuff that matters in life lol,can you please post pics im planning on gutting the car to bare metal from driverseat back including door cards speakers everything

Touche

henk92 11-09-2016 11:54 PM

Ok i gonna post pics. Pics of parts on the scale.

About sound deadening. The answer is simple. Its about 0. Under you interior carpet is nothing. There are only 2 small strokes. One is between the fuel pump hole and the fuel sender hole. The other one is under the bracket that holds the rear view camera control.
Pano roof i dont have. I had only sunroof and took out headliner and glass plate, airbags, sun visors and all controls. Safed 65 pounds

There are no serious extra brackets to cut out. Max 2.2 pounds. Just a bucket full of too long bolts in the trunk.

I also have a 4 point scale for the car. So i can see the weight on each corner. Plus total % front and % rear.

stock c63 weight distribution with NO driver. 55.7% front and 44.3% rear

With driver surprisingly 55% front 45% rear.

Just total weight is not the only thing to work for. I am working to make it 56% rear and 44% front as weight distribution.

Cli63 11-10-2016 02:57 AM

All of these figures are, I assume, from the coupe?

henk92 11-10-2016 03:10 AM

No My car is a W204 c63 saloon 2009

henk92 11-10-2016 03:33 AM

http://www.tabday.com/2589CDE5-0E66-...dff2b844.JPG?2

henk92 11-10-2016 03:54 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e617e2b18.jpeg

stripping the insulation under the rear camera bracket


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...45358f931.jpeg


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d84f9e6cd.jpeg




rear stripped



https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9f6783406.jpeg

hehe 0.66 pounds and 4 hours work.



https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...11d894753.jpeg

rear back a nice 44.75 pounds saving



https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...896b47105.jpeg

empty door panel 6.5 pounds saving


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...531b34445.jpeg


inner door panel incl motor and speaker 6.4 pounds


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5fb1ac0c6.jpeg


airbags 8.8 pounds


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...02040c91a.jpeg



seat belts 18.5 pounds

henk92 11-10-2016 04:27 AM

The CF doors i will send pictures when ready soon. The price is just a bit stupid for them because i have had to make the template.

if i would produce more of them the price will be 750 usd per door. But my rear doors are for wide body black series only

ritalin 11-10-2016 08:44 AM


Originally Posted by henk92 (Post 6965718)
The CF doors i will send pictures when ready soon. The price is just a bit stupid for them because i have had to make the template.

if i would produce more of them the price will be 750 usd per door. But my rear doors are for wide body black series only

Well documented.
Do you have an accurate weight on the front seats?

SuperFastYo 11-10-2016 09:27 AM

I feel dirty watching you strip her bear... I like it :y

henk92 11-10-2016 09:39 AM

Front seats in my car 58 pounds per seat.

ritalin 11-10-2016 12:03 PM


Originally Posted by henk92 (Post 6965825)
Front seats in my car 58 pounds per seat.

Thanks.

I'll be doing those over the winter.
Where did you get the carbon sunroof delete?

C SEXY 3 11-10-2016 12:08 PM


Originally Posted by henk92 (Post 6965718)
The CF doors i will send pictures when ready soon. The price is just a bit stupid for them because i have had to make the template.

if i would produce more of them the price will be 750 usd per door. But my rear doors are for wide body black series only

That would make it that much easier to do a wide body conversion, you sir would be regarded as a hero. Make some and keep as stock if you can, I am sure you will sell them over the years with people doing these types of builds.

henk92 11-10-2016 12:30 PM

Actually i dont do a carbon sunroof delete. But i have now my entire roof cut out and have it made in cf.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands