MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Jumped the BMW M Ship (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/647483-jumped-bmw-m-ship.html)

SuckaGDog 12-19-2016 10:07 PM

Jumped the BMW M Ship
 
14 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

Finally joined the dark side (AMG) to see what all the hype is about! I recently sold my E60 M5 and was looking to get something more aggressive. At first I was looking at the W212 E63S, but realized it is pretty similar to the M5 and I needed something different.

I was honestly about to pull the trigger on a Maserati Gran Turismo MC, but glad I didn't. After a quick search on their forums I realized there is not much activity nor aftermarket mods lol. Anyways, here is a few pics of my old car and my C63 AMG Black Series that was delivered this morning.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

wheelz 12-19-2016 10:58 PM

Congrats. Welcome. Did you pick it up from GA?

AMG3.2 12-20-2016 02:57 AM

Congrats -- but you passed on an MC Stradale for a black? Dayum. I love that car.

AhhMyyGawd 12-20-2016 03:47 AM

Welcome to the club! You got it in the best color ;)

Vpatriota 12-20-2016 06:28 AM

And some friends here like to say "uh, the BS doesn't go well in silver".. The hell it doesn't! Your old M5 was gorgeous, but that C63bs.. :eek::eek::eek:

BTW, didn't have the time yet to gather that info you've asked.. But I'm working on it!

s.e.a.n. 12-20-2016 10:36 AM

Welcome to the dark side.

BTW Great photos!

lionheart_ 12-20-2016 10:54 AM

hope to see you around town!

IBowlC63AMG 12-20-2016 12:24 PM

Welcome to the DARKSIDE!..nice choice of color as well..i havent seen many BS in this color.

black lavender 12-20-2016 02:45 PM

Sexy looking BS congrats! But, am I the only one that would've went with the MC? :) There is an aftermarket scene for it. May not be as active as the C63 community because not many people own a MC

MTV10 12-20-2016 02:53 PM

Welcome!
I remember your ride from M5Board...

Mort 12-20-2016 06:10 PM

Congrats on the BS. :)

wheelz 12-20-2016 06:16 PM

Great color choice. Enjoy it. I love driving mine.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...faa36e3b11.jpg

dwletourneau 12-20-2016 10:11 PM

Congrats! Beautiful car (both of them)!

C63fora2w1 12-21-2016 11:28 AM


Originally Posted by SuckaGDog (Post 7000118)
Hi everyone,

Finally joined the dark side (AMG) to see what all the hype is about! I recently sold my E60 M5 and was looking to get something more aggressive. At first I was looking at the W212 E63S, but realized it is pretty similar to the M5 and I needed something different.

I was honestly about to pull the trigger on a Maserati Gran Turismo MC, but glad I didn't. After a quick search on their forums I realized there is not much activity nor aftermarket mods lol. Anyways, here is a few pics of my old car and my C63 AMG Black Series that was delivered this morning.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.



Wow what a beautiful home you have it looks like something out of a magazine.. When I originally began my search for a nicer car my first thoughts were a BMW M3/M5 as I had drooled over them for years. I had a friend with a 3 series (not the same as an M I know) that used to leave it with me when he would deploy overseas so I had an understanding of what BMW was about. Then I started doing some research and seeing all the problems they have with the SMG and ECU after updates. The day I was supposed to test a 2013 M3 from the BMW dealer it was bricked because it had a bad update. The car would start but not drive it was in limp mode. At that time the salesmen told me that they did not warranty their V-8 cars and if I was going to buy one I would have to get used to expensive repairs. Maybe he didn't take me as a serious buyer and wanted to shoo me off the lot ? IDK ? but that pretty much did it for me as a potential BMW buyer.


In the interim I drove Subaru WRX, Lexus ISF, Porsche Cayman, Dodge Challenger Hellcat-wow, and a slew of other rides until I got behind the wheel of my first C63 which happened to be a 507. From that point on I was hooked. I have been trolling these boards ever since and doing my best to learn as much as I can and save for a down payment. The hardest part has been trying to remain patient while saving. I'm about half way to where I want to be and hope to purchase in March. I am truly impressed with the performance and the way the C63 handles. In my life I have been privileged enough to drive a lot of exotics including a Maserati Gran Turismo and I can tell you that while it is a beautiful car it has all the notorious problems of an exotic Italian car. Your going to be able to enjoy your black series and not have to spend your life in a repair shop. Enjoy!!

saildoc 12-21-2016 02:14 PM

Welcome to the small sub group of C63 BS owners
 
Welcome and nice looking car. I am guessing this the one that was for sale in GA. I am just 200 miles north of you in OKC with an alanite matte gray C63 BS. Enjoy your new beast.

ArmoE55 12-21-2016 05:43 PM

Nice looking BS! I may be the only way that would say great job picking the BS over the MC :D

I, too, came from the BWW M cars (E39 M5 to E60 M5 to F10 M5) to AMG. This is my third AMG vehicle and I don't think I'll ever be back to BMW again ;)

Congrats again..

SuckaGDog 12-22-2016 08:49 AM


Originally Posted by wheelz (Post 7000144)
Congrats. Welcome. Did you pick it up from GA?

I sure did! It was my first vehicle that I purchased sight unseen so naturally I was a bit nervous. All that was for nothing though as the car is in immaculate condition. The icing on the cake was the full hand cut clear bra on the entire front end of the vehicle. My pet peeve is rock chips.

Originally Posted by AMG3.2 (Post 7000253)
Congrats -- but you passed on an MC Stradale for a black? Dayum. I love that car.

Yeah lol. You can't go wrong with either car but I found myself leaning towards the BS.

I needed something more age appropriate as I had no real need for another four door vehicle again. My daily is already a sedan.

Originally Posted by Vpatriota (Post 7000293)
And some friends here like to say "uh, the BS doesn't go well in silver".. The hell it doesn't! Your old M5 was gorgeous, but that C63bs.. :eek::eek::eek:

BTW, didn't have the time yet to gather that info you've asked.. But I'm working on it!

No worries! Take your time.

Originally Posted by lionheart_ (Post 7000458)
hope to see you around town!

Feel free to reach out if we run into each other!

Originally Posted by black lavender (Post 7000713)
Sexy looking BS congrats! But, am I the only one that would've went with the MC? :) There is an aftermarket scene for it. May not be as active as the C63 community because not many people own a MC

There is an aftermarket scene, but it is not as active as you mentioned. There is quite a few GranTurismos in my area and fewer MCs'. So I wanted to get something not usually seen around these parts.

Originally Posted by C63fora2w1 (Post 7001584)
Wow what a beautiful home you have it looks like something out of a magazine.. When I originally began my search for a nicer car my first thoughts were a BMW M3/M5 as I had drooled over them for years. I had a friend with a 3 series (not the same as an M I know) that used to leave it with me when he would deploy overseas so I had an understanding of what BMW was about. Then I started doing some research and seeing all the problems they have with the SMG and ECU after updates. The day I was supposed to test a 2013 M3 from the BMW dealer it was bricked because it had a bad update. The car would start but not drive it was in limp mode. At that time the salesmen told me that they did not warranty their V-8 cars and if I was going to buy one I would have to get used to expensive repairs. Maybe he didn't take me as a serious buyer and wanted to shoo me off the lot ? IDK ? but that pretty much did it for me as a potential BMW buyer.


In the interim I drove Subaru WRX, Lexus ISF, Porsche Cayman, Dodge Challenger Hellcat-wow, and a slew of other rides until I got behind the wheel of my first C63 which happened to be a 507. From that point on I was hooked. I have been trolling these boards ever since and doing my best to learn as much as I can and save for a down payment. The hardest part has been trying to remain patient while saving. I'm about half way to where I want to be and hope to purchase in March. I am truly impressed with the performance and the way the C63 handles. In my life I have been privileged enough to drive a lot of exotics including a Maserati Gran Turismo and I can tell you that while it is a beautiful car it has all the notorious problems of an exotic Italian car. Your going to be able to enjoy your black series and not have to spend your life in a repair shop. Enjoy!!

Thank you! You are absolutely right about the Maserati. It comes with its fair share of upkeep. The ones I could find in the color combo I wanted were fresh out of factory warranty. And the ones that were still covered by factory warranty were slightly more than I wanted to spend. So that left me with third party warranty options which very few cover "exotics". The only option is Lasalle and there was barely any feedback online. Usually consisted of people saying I just purchased this warranty or I am taking it into the shop to make a first claim without any follow up. I simply didn't want to take a risk. I've had great experiences with third party warranties before, but with large reputable companies.

Lastly, the values on Maseratis overall tank lol. I didn't want to get taken to the cleaners on it.

You're doing it right though. If I have learned anything in life it is to be patient and don't settle. Keep saving until you reach the figure you're looking at and chances are you'll find the perfect spec C63 at that time.


Originally Posted by saildoc (Post 7001716)
Welcome and nice looking car. I am guessing this the one that was for sale in GA. I am just 200 miles north of you in OKC with an alanite matte gray C63 BS. Enjoy your new beast.

Sure was. I love the Matte Gray ones. You must get a lot of attention with that paint finish!


Originally Posted by ArmoE55 (Post 7001939)
Nice looking BS! I may be the only way that would say great job picking the BS over the MC :D

I, too, came from the BWW M cars (E39 M5 to E60 M5 to F10 M5) to AMG. This is my third AMG vehicle and I don't think I'll ever be back to BMW again ;)

Congrats again..

Thank you and I agree. BMW is not setting the performance benchmark anymore, sadly. It is AMG and I won't be surprised if Audi passes BMW soon.

BMW's peak in my opinion was the E60 M5 and E9X M3.

saildoc 12-23-2016 11:46 AM

I am curious how you would compare your old M5 to your CBS. I am thinking of adding the rare E63 M6 with a 6 spd manual to my collection of super coupes.. I am guessing the lower torque will be noticeable.
What are your thoughts?

Finally joined the dark side (AMG) to see what all the hype is about! I recently sold my E60 M5 and was looking to get something more aggressive. At first I was looking at the W212 E63S, but realized it is pretty similar to the M5 and I needed something different.

I was honestly about to pull the trigger on a Maserati Gran Turismo MC, but glad I didn't. After a quick search on their forums I realized there is not much activity nor aftermarket mods lol. Anyways, here is a few pics of my old car and my C63 AMG Black Series that was delivered this morning.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.[/QUOTE]

Savage-wp 12-23-2016 03:51 PM

Congrats on the Black Series. It is a stunning car.

Jake215 12-24-2016 01:50 AM

"BMW's peak in my opinion was the E60 M5 and E9X M3."

Couldn't have said it any better. Those are easily my two favorite BMW's of all time. Welcome to the club, and enjoy the car. It's a wonderful beast that will never leave you disappointed.

C63amg Tokyo 12-24-2016 03:14 AM

beauty! Welcome to the club

Vpatriota 12-24-2016 02:09 PM


Originally Posted by Jake215 (Post 7004277)
"BMW's peak in my opinion was the E60 M5 and E9X M3."

Couldn't have said it any better. Those are easily my two favorite BMW's of all time. Welcome to the club, and enjoy the car. It's a wonderful beast that will never leave you disappointed.

+1.

SuckaGDog 12-25-2016 11:50 AM


Originally Posted by saildoc (Post 7003655)
I am curious how you would compare your old M5 to your CBS. I am thinking of adding the rare E63 M6 with a 6 spd manual to my collection of super coupes.. I am guessing the lower torque will be noticeable.
What are your thoughts?

The S85 V10 motor found in the M5 and M6 loves to be revved. I had mine tuned and it redlined at 8600rpms. The difference in torque is very noticeable. I really didn't notice until I got the BS and drove it. I find myself sometimes wanting to short shift it to feel that constant pull, whereas with the M5 I would red line that thing in every gear like there was no tomorrow lol. The S6 shift mode on the SMG was brutal fast. I miss the neck snapping upshifts.

Another word regarding the difference between six speed and SMG. The motor is actually designed with the SMG transmission in mind. Due to the gearing difference in the rear diff the SMG variant models will be faster. Figured I would mention that since a lot of people don't know. Either way, you can't go wrong with the S85 V10.

Couple exhaust clips of my car from a couple years ago.


Vpatriota 12-25-2016 10:14 PM

Mental.

saildoc 12-26-2016 11:30 AM

Wicked sound! That is why my garage needs a high revving V10 to park next to my CBS...

chrisridebike8 12-26-2016 01:49 PM

I shopped the e60 M5 against the C63. The SMG felt cool when hammering it but was awkward around town. The torque just wasn't there as mentioned above. And the V10 sound only sounds cool outside the car to me. The C63, even in base form, feels like there is enough torque to spin the tires at will. Also, the 6 speed M5 just feels like it falls on its face between shifts. I feel like the gaps between the gears are just a little too big to keep the revs high enough. Additionally, the shifter was not good. I'm sure there's a shifter out there to tighten things up, but in stock form, the e60 M5 6 speed was a disappointment.

SuckaGDog 04-15-2017 02:16 PM

I installed Mike's Power Pipe (secondary cat delete) and the volume is much better. I am tempted though to do a resonator delete. I would send back my current power pipe have him mod it with the H in between and he will send me the additional piping for the resonator removal. My concern is it sounding like a truck and losing that nice growl/bark it has. The M5 has me craving a bit more sound from this.

Does anyone in the Dallas area have both the secondary cat and resonator deleted? I would like to meet up to hear it in person. In exchange for your time I'll buy you a beer and/or lunch.


I also bought a MACarbon red carbon fiber start button. It was a nice touch to tie the interior together.

Jasonoff 04-15-2017 02:21 PM

Subbed, I'm tempted to do the same. Have had Mikes straight power pipe for almost 5 years. Recently replaced my clamps and noticed the driver side inlet of the res is cracked.

INS1GNIA 04-15-2017 02:49 PM

Very beautiful, will keep an eye out for what comes next :).

DarkLordByron 04-15-2017 08:32 PM

I made the jump from a E60 M5 as well. Sadly, no black series for me, but I seriously prefer my C63 at the moment. I love the low end torque. the only thing I preferred on my M was the ride quality and I miss my M button and heads up display


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands