MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   p31 pump oetuning row/prodrys dyno (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/650127-p31-pump-oetuning-row-prodrys-dyno.html)

skratch77 01-16-2017 11:46 AM

p31 pump oetuning row/prodrys dyno

just got off the dyno and made 438whp uncorrected and 380ftlb.

only mods are row boxes and prodry filters and 93oct

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...616813dfa4.jpg

AMGonFire 01-16-2017 01:35 PM

Now the title says oe tuning but your post just says row boxes and filters only? With those numbers I would think it def has a tune?

skratch77 01-16-2017 01:39 PM

yes this is with 93oct file loaded.i ment no other mods like exhaust work or headers.

I have a before tune dyno with row boxes,pro drys and stock tune on 93oct and it made 399whp.

I picked up 38whp adding the oetuning file.

here is vs stock file with row boxes and prodrys both uncorrected numbers and it was colder in the shop when I ran stock tune.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...09ab383304.jpg

skratch77 01-16-2017 01:48 PM

what is our stock rev limiter? I think he gave me the higher rev limiter file because the car went to about 7500 on the dash

AMGonFire 01-16-2017 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7026585)
what is our stock rev limiter? I think he gave me the higher rev limiter file because the car went to about 7500 on the dash

i believe fuel cut is 7300. Hit that by accident in manual mode 😬

C SEXY 3 01-16-2017 08:16 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e95d3ef752.gif

I wonder what my car would put down on that dyno....

skratch77 01-16-2017 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 (Post 7026962)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e95d3ef752.gif

I wonder what my car would put down on that dyno....

all the dyno info is on the sheet bud.no correction factor added.temp, humidity,baro

437whp is exactly what a healthy p31 should be at with row boxes and afe filters and 93oct tune.

BLKROKT 01-16-2017 09:03 PM

438whp is about 520bhp if you figure 15% drivetrain loss. Sounds about right for a tuned car with filters, no? :nix:

skratch77 01-16-2017 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7027012)
438whp is about 520bhp if you figure 15% drivetrain loss. Sounds about right for a tuned car with filters, no? :nix:

that's what I'm thinking also.I was hoping for 445whp but my car is only making like 520-530 crank HP

maybe I should of put some boostane in the tank

jptaylor 01-16-2017 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7026972)
all the dyno info is on the sheet bud.no correction factor added.temp, humidity,baro

437whp is exactly what a healthy p31 should be at with row boxes and afe filters and 93oct tune.

But you are leaving out a VERY important component, the BRAND of dyno you are running on is pretty well known to give considerably higher numbers than other dyno types....Take mine for example, I'm ROW, aFe and tune as well...Strong as hell BUT my pulls are all on a DynoDynamics and run within 3hp/tq of 389 back to back to back....That is run what you brung, no correction, no smoothing, DD hurt your feelings numbers ....Would my car pull 389 on a Mustang? I'm positive it wouldn't but would my engine be any stronger/weaker because of the dyno numbers printed out by different brands? Nope....So the only even remotely way possible to gauge dyno numbers from car to car would be to run them on the same dyno....Other than that it is apples and chinchillas
​​

skratch77 01-16-2017 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by jptaylor (Post 7027045)
But you are leaving out a VERY important component, the BRAND of dyno you are running on is pretty well known to give considerably higher numbers than other dyno types....Take mine for example, I'm ROW, aFe and tune as well...Strong as hell BUT my pulls are all on a DynoDynamics and run within 3hp/tq of 389 back to back to back....That is run what you brung, no correction, no smoothing, DD hurt your feelings numbers ....Would my car pull 389 on a Mustang? I'm positive it wouldn't but would my engine be any stronger/weaker because of the dyno numbers printed out by different brands? Nope....So the only even remotely way possible to gauge dyno numbers from car to car would be to run them on the same dyno....Other than that it is apples and chinchillas
​​

my numbers are not high or unusual for dynojet numbers and most dyno dynamics or mustang dynos are not run in shootout mode and are configured and corrected to read like dynojets.

my before and after was done on the same dyno and the last few cars that were posted here used dynojets. all the info is there and there is nothing to hide. same gas,same gear same uncorrected runs vs tune vs row/filters.

I was expecting 445whp and will load the 104 oct map and run race gas and see what she does.jeremy told me it will pick up 10-15whp on 104 tune file and my car was so smooth on the dyno that smoothing set to zero was smoother then my stock tune on 5

jptaylor 01-16-2017 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7027069)
my numbers are not high or unusual for dynojet numbers and most dyno dynamics or mustang dynos are not run in shootout mode and are configured and corrected to read like dynojets.

my before and after was done on the same dyno and the last few cars that were posted here used dynojets. all the info is there and there is nothing to hide. same gas,same gear same uncorrected runs vs tune vs row/filters.

I was expecting 445whp and will load the 104 oct map and run race gas and see what she does.jeremy told me it will pick up 10-15whp on 104 tune file and my car was so smooth on the dyno that smoothing set to zero was smoother then my stock tune on 5

Dude, did you go off your meds? You are acting like I called bull**** on you....I don't doubt that your numbers are what they are, on THAT dyno...do you honestly think you'd pull the same numbers on a different unit? Dynos are good for setting baselines and then monitoring your gains as you progress through different iterations of your car....other than that a track and a stopwatch are the true yardsticks to where you really stand....I was just pointing out that they all read different, hell even the same dyno can read different on the same car on the same day if a different operator sets up the runs and the modes.....the apples to chinchillas comment was not about YOUR numbers compared to YOUR numbers either, it was in relation to people, yourself included, trying to correlate other peoples engine's output using different dynomometers on different days in different locations on different machines with different DAs....your numbers are good for one beneficiary, YOU....I wasn't trying to inflict any butthurtedness on you,

skratch77 01-16-2017 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by jptaylor (Post 7027079)
Dude, did you go off your meds? You are acting like I called bull**** on you....I don't doubt that your numbers are what they are, on THAT dyno...do you honestly think you'd pull the same numbers on a different unit? Dynos are good for setting baselines and then monitoring your gains as you progress through different iterations of your car....other than that a track and a stopwatch are the true yardsticks to where you really stand....I was just pointing out that they all read different, hell even the same dyno can read different on the same car on the same day if a different operator sets up the runs and the modes.....the apples to chinchillas comment was not about YOUR numbers compared to YOUR numbers either, it was in relation to people, yourself included, trying to correlate other peoples engine's output using different dynomometers on different days in different locations on different machines with different DAs....your numbers are good for one beneficiary, YOU....I wasn't trying to inflict any butthurtedness on you,

My numbers are UNCORRECTED no cf the operator did not apply any CF this is what my car put down today with my temps and baro pressure and conditions without the software adding any numbers like the other thread with 451hp but used a 1.03 correction factor so the dyno software multiplyed his numbers by 1.03 to give him a higher reading to compensate for the high humidity.

you are calling out a dynojet that used no correction factor.ive seen heartbreaker dynos read higher than dynojets and same with mustang dynos.

it's crazy how some people hate on dynojets.i can see you saying your dyno is good for seeing gains on the car if it read crazy high like 456 whp and had a base line to use with a higher reading dyno but man my sheet is uncorrected.

it's what the car made this day like how the car would run down the 1/4 mile.you don't have your time slip spit you out a std corrected pass as if the weather was better lol

it's pretty easy to manipulate any dyno numbers.if I wanted to we could of put a heat gun at the dyno temp sensor and had the dyno add 1.04 correction factor then posted a sheet of my SAE or std corrected numbers but hide the run details like what the actual correction factor was and the temp and humidity and baro on the bottom of the dyno sheet. then said hey my car made 456whp etc and just posted the numbers SAE without showing the full details.

C SEXY 3 01-17-2017 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by jptaylor (Post 7027045)
​​

You and me, we could be friends.

Jasonoff 01-17-2017 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7027012)

More like 18-19% for an RWD autobox.

BLKROKT 01-17-2017 08:11 AM

Well that's totally different then. What's the OP trying to do, sell us some Boostane or something? SCAM!

Jasonoff 01-17-2017 08:15 AM

But that crank-->wheel loss could also vary between dyno's like jp was pointing out.

18-19% is real world DT loss for our configuration.

skratch77 01-17-2017 08:17 AM

won't bother posting 104oct race map results.on race gas not boostane lol

also while I was there the owner of the shop bought the credits to HP tuners and got the stock maps for our cars.

it's crazy how the stock file hits 29 degrees timing on this motor and no wonder how these cars respond well to higher Oct gas

skratch77 01-17-2017 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7027307)
But that crank-->wheel loss could also vary between dyno's like jp was pointing out.

18-19% is real world DT loss for our configuration.

good to know! is the MCT in the facelifted cars the same loss?

I was wondering because even renntech claims like 545 HP with just a tune and was using a lower drive loss to figure out crank HP.

miles on car make a difference also and even oil used but did not think it was near 18%

at 18% my car is making 530 crank HP.i don't think that's correct but it is what it is

Jasonoff 01-17-2017 09:29 AM

You can't really apply the DT loss to the dyno numbers. If you put down 438WHP on DynoA but 400WHP on DynoB your crank HP isn't actually changing.

quaalude 01-17-2017 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7026572)
I have a before tune dyno with row boxes,pro drys and stock tune on 93oct and it made 399whp.

Very good numbers. My stock p31 with ROW boxes and AFE dry filters also dynoed 402whp on a dynojet. With V5 tune, I got 419whp and 383 ft-lbs. I posted my dyno in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...olde-dyno.html

skratch77 01-17-2017 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by quaalude (Post 7027575)
Very good numbers. My stock p31 with ROW boxes and AFE dry filters also dynoed 402whp on a dynojet. With V5 tune, I got 419whp and 383 ft-lbs. I posted my dyno in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...olde-dyno.html

thanks man and yea I just saw it.how many miles do you have on your spark plugs and what gas do you guys have there.i think you have some lower left on the table

s.e.a.n. 01-17-2017 03:22 PM

I don't see what the big deal is my non p31 put down 421 on a very humid day with similar mods.

Celicasaur 01-17-2017 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7027310)
won't bother posting 104oct race map results.on race gas not boostane lol

also while I was there the owner of the shop bought the credits to HP tuners and got the stock maps for our cars.

it's crazy how the stock file hits 29 degrees timing on this motor and no wonder how these cars respond well to higher Oct gas

For my own understanding, you're saying that the stock map hit 29 degree's peak timing up top?? Damn.

I'm curious....what does a tuned car put down, or is that different from tuner to tuner, ie eurocharged vs oe tuning vs weistec etc

kimeran 01-18-2017 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7026432)
just got off the dyno and made 438whp uncorrected and 380ftlb.

only mods are row boxes and prodry filters and 93oct

What were the HP gains from stock P31 to having a tune? Did you dyno before the boxes and filters?