C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

SRS Malfunction service required HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 04:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
SRS Malfunction service required HELP!!!!

**MODS please delete thread**

Last edited by AMGPower88; 01-16-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:31 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Year/mileage? I think sometimes a low battery can trigger this message, as well as a belt buckle issue, but then there are a few more expensive issues that it could be. If I recall correctly, this is a MB dealer only fix, no indy shops... hope you're still under warranty!
Old 01-16-2017, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I remember the day you got this car...posting about and bragging how you found a gem, a 2008/9 with like 600 miles or something....along the lines of a barnyard find.

Every other post from you is now is I broke this and I broke that, guys I gotta unload this car and this broke and that broke...

What's going on buddy? Are you just not capable of owning this car? Are you just incompetent? This is why its a shame that a high performance car is ever in the hands of a young kid without the ability to up keep it right.
It's sad to see how you took this perfect car and **** on it.

sad sad sad...
Old 01-16-2017, 05:55 PM

09 C63 AMG
If it's an 08/09 at least it's not headbolts? #brightside
Old 01-16-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R8, C63, C300
I've had the SRS malfunction on my C300 and wouldn't start. It turned out to be an ESL/EIS issue. (Electronic Steering Lock) Expensive repair.

I never had this issue on the C63, so I don't know if this issue is the same.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:02 PM

09 C63 AMG
ESL EIS sucks. Only an MB dealer can do it too. Like $1500 bad, and no guarantee it's going to last. One of the reasons I lost a lot of faith in MB as a brand is because of this issue. Had mine replaced, and it **** the bed a week later and had to pay the same cost to get it fixed again (they discounted $300 but still sucks).
Old 01-16-2017, 06:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R8, C63, C300
Originally Posted by Mbm6f
ESL EIS sucks. Only an MB dealer can do it too. Like $1500 bad, and no guarantee it's going to last. One of the reasons I lost a lot of faith in MB as a brand is because of this issue. Had mine replaced, and it **** the bed a week later and had to pay the same cost to get it fixed again (they discounted $300 but still sucks).
If this happened on your C63, then I'm 99% sure OP's issue is ESL/EIS.

Mine failed at the dealership during service. So I was in luck.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:06 PM

09 C63 AMG
I was out of warranty so I expected nothing on the first go around... but the second in about a week... not the deal bro.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:24 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
I remember the day you got this car...posting about and bragging how you found a gem, a 2008/9 with like 600 miles or something....along the lines of a barnyard find.

Every other post from you is now is I broke this and I broke that, guys I gotta unload this car and this broke and that broke...

What's going on buddy? Are you just not capable of owning this car? Are you just incompetent? This is why its a shame that a high performance car is ever in the hands of a young kid without the ability to up keep it right.
It's sad to see how you took this perfect car and **** on it.

sad sad sad...
Common bro, you serious? I wasnt bragging... I had the car checked out at the dealership, rubber seals were fine as well as everything else, nothing was deteriorating, just making a statement because everyone else seemed to say the car was a money pit, well guess what buddy, it hasnt been..

Every other post? Ive posted maybe 2-3 times, if that, within the last 6 months, I rarely come on here anymore.. Ive had maybe one or 2 other issues with the car, all fixed, so Im not really sure what you're referring to.. Whats going on is I dont drive the car enough, I found out the battery on my car is bad and it triggered the SRS light so Im getting the battery replaced..

Now, out of everyone who posted in my thread, you had to be the jacka$$ in here.. Lets see what other dumb remarks you're going to make now.

Last edited by AMGPower88; 01-16-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looks like you already know what the problem is with your car with your detailed response. I'll talk **** all day long on your threads because they are just whining "OH MY GOD THIS HAPPENED WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??! WHAT COULD IT BE???!!! PEOPLE, PEOPLE HELP ME!!!!" in all of them.

You clearly outlined what was wrong with your car and how you solved the problem, yet didn't know what to do when you cracked the bumper?!! IT'S CALLED A BODY SHOP. You call, they give you price, you get fixed. Simple?
Your an idiot.

Dump the car already on some poor *******. Nice of you to post all the crap wrong with the car here though....I'm sure it will help the prospective buyer know the car is in "MINT" condition...
Old 01-16-2017, 07:34 PM

09 C63 AMG
Glad it wound up being the battery dude, ESL would have not been the deal. Don't know what else is going on here, but make sure you're honest with the buyer if you're parting with it. Good luck!

Zeph- not to derail the thread but your car looks sick wth the single fin grill and those headlights. Wish I would have done that on mine.

Last edited by Mbm6f; 01-16-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mbm6f
Glad it wound up being the battery dude, ESL would have not been the deal. Don't know what else is going on here, but make sure you're honest with the buyer if you're parting with it. Good luck!

Zeph- not to derail the thread but your car looks sick wth the single fin grill and those headlights. Wish I would have done that on mine.
Thanks man. Single fin is easy, 55tech for the grill...
Old 01-16-2017, 07:44 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Looks like you already know what the problem is with your car with your detailed response. I'll talk **** all day long on your threads because they are just whining "OH MY GOD THIS HAPPENED WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??! WHAT COULD IT BE???!!! PEOPLE, PEOPLE HELP ME!!!!" in all of them.

You clearly outlined what was wrong with your car and how you solved the problem, yet didn't know what to do when you cracked the bumper?!! IT'S CALLED A BODY SHOP. You call, they give you price, you get fixed. Simple?
Your an idiot.

Dump the car already on some poor *******. Nice of you to post all the crap wrong with the car here though....I'm sure it will help the prospective buyer know the car is in "MINT" condition...
So what if it sounds like Im whining? I dont give a sh*t what you or anyone else thinks about how I go about asking for help.. I really dont lol.

But you clearly care enough to take the time out of your day to post in this thread so I commend you for that, for being an "adult" since Im the dumb kid who got my hands on a high performance car..

First thing that came to my mind with the bumper is I need to get it replaced, I dont know 100% that it can fixed so I came on here looking for advice from my fellow forum members, such as seeing what average cost would be to fix it or replace, first time it happened to me, I dont see the issue in that at all, but you obv do.

All the things wrong with the car? 1 or 2 "buddy" and they've been fixed, and yea the car is in mint condition because I barely drive it, Im done here.