MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Slow_C63's Journal (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/650315-slow_c63s-journal.html)

Slow_c63 01-18-2017 10:45 AM

Slow_C63's Journal

11 Attachment(s)
3/20/2021
Order Placed: MBH Headers, mid pipes with an x pipe.

02/15/2021
(My old PFL and my now FL c63)

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a87bff82e.jpeg

Hi MBWorld,

I recently purchased my 11 c63 bone stock. Like with any other car I've owned, I tend to spend money I promised myself I wouldn't on mods. It's an itch that I can't seem to make go away.

This Journal will not include crazy power, superchargers, build motors, at least not any time soon. This Journal will be simple. My personal journal to share my car, my taste, as well as where I purchased my parts.

Feel free to comment, share and ask questions. Criticism is welcomed as much as a compliment.

First Day, bone stock (except the tint):

Attachment 363756

I immediately changed all the fluids in the car, which included engine oil, transmission fluid, etc...as I do with all my cars.

First Mods:

- Suvneer CF Side Skirt extension:

Link to item:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/646570-end-year-sale-w204-c63-sedan-coupe-carbon-fiber-side-skirt-extensions-310-a.html

I came across a thread on this forum, where member "Gary@Suvneer" was offering a too good to be true deal on these. I jumped on it, thinking, what's the worst thing that could happen, they don't fit?

Overall, I was very satisfied with the skirts. One side was off by 1-2mm, but it didnt make too much of a difference to a naked eye.

JL Motoring CF Front Lip:

Link to item:
http://www.jl-motoring.com/Mercedes_Benz_W204_C63_AMG_Carbon_Fiber_Front_Lip_ p/mbfs0419.htm

I debated for four weeks on which lip to get. I wanted something that was aggressive but simple at the same time. After debating, I decided to purchase a lip from JL Motoring. Price was affordable which worked with my budget. The fitment is near perfect. I dont think that there is a lip out there that will fit 100% perfectly, I think, unless you take a heat gun to it. I was again very satisfied with my decision.

Test fitting side skirt extensions,

Lip installed,
Attachment 363760

Final outcome,

Attachment 363761

Another picture of side skirts and front lip. Apologies for poor quality shot.

Attachment 363762

Headlight Eyelids

Item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINTED-W204-C-CLASS-MERCEDES-BENZ-HEADHIGHT-LAMP-COVER-EYEBROWS-EYELIDS-08-11-/171684237985?fits=Make%3AMercedes-Benz&hash=item27f92d92a1:g:c8MAAOSwe-FU4ay2&vxp=mtr

I kept looking at the front of the car and it felt like it need more love. I decided to purchase some eye lids for the headlights, to set it off a a bit more. I searched and found a trusted seller on ebay, who not only sells them, but was willing to paint them in a matching color of my car. Yet again, I am very happy with the result. I felt like it really push the front look to another level.

Pictures,

Attachment 363763

One side installed for comparison,

Attachment 363764

Both sides installed,

Attachment 363765

Attachment 363766

Custom Plate,

Not a mod, but I did get a custom plate. No, it's not the type of DOMO that you're thinking of, :D. DOMO represents my son and my daughter who share the initials of DO and MO.

Attachment 363767

Next on the list, already in the works,

MBH LTH
MBH mid-pipe
MBH xpipe
Tune
LSD
Rear Diffuser

... :smash:

Your input is very valuable. I am fairly new to the MB world...again.. comments and criticism is welcomed!

AMG3.2 01-18-2017 11:05 AM

I luh me a good journal. Congrats on the purchase.

Mbm6f 01-18-2017 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats! Looks great. Any plans to do head bolts or is it out of the affected range?

Any plans for wheels?

I think the single fin grill would look superb.

ETA: pic of single fin grill - not mine, thanks google.
Attachment 363755

Slow_c63 01-18-2017 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mbm6f (Post 7028476)
Congrats! Looks great. Any plans to do head bolts or is it out of the affected range?

Any plans for wheels?

I think the single fin grill would look superb.

ETA: pic of single fin grill - not mine, thanks google.
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps3bhmu9vv.jpg

Thankfully, according to my VIN number, I am not affected. :word:

That actually looks... interesting. I like the chrome, but then I hate chrome. that might be a perfect solution to my dilemma. Thanks

INS1GNIA 01-18-2017 12:18 PM

Congrats on the purchase and modding.

Suggestions/Options:
  • Get rid of those demon hellspawn orange side markers of doom.
  • I see the mirrors already have the FL housing on them. If you like the look of the FL headlights, you could also go the depo route. One of many threads for depo install - https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-install.html
  • Update the tail lights to FL (if you are into the look/style).
  • Spoiler, something bigger could make the car look more aggressive.
  • Wheels/tires, always transforms the car.
  • Change the trim color. Wrapping a the trunk chrome piece, the window trim, the fog light housings, or even the front grill can help add to the look. Do it all or only a couple pieces, fun/easy/cheap mod.

Settthhh 01-18-2017 01:54 PM

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing more :)

Mbm6f 01-18-2017 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You could always do black vinyl wrap. That's what I did. No chrome to be found
Attachment 363753

Slow_c63 01-18-2017 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mbm6f (Post 7028685)
You could always do black vinyl wrap. That's what I did. No chrome to be found
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p...pshhlddsti.jpg

Hey,

Where did you get your headlight eye lids? I think I like yours better and may order the ones that you have... just maybe. Is it the angle or do yours really cover more of the headlight?

Which vinyl wrap did you use and how satisfied are you with the outcome.

Mbm6f 01-18-2017 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't remember on the eyelids, but the wrap was done at Sunsational in CharlottE, NC. I think it was 3M. Very pleased with it. It's worth the drive to have him do it.

Anything that was chrome or silver I had done.

Attachment 363744

Mort 01-18-2017 07:47 PM

Very nice, looking forward to your progress, great so far! :y

Slow_c63 01-19-2017 11:44 AM

Car is in a shop right now getting MBH headers,midpipe,xpipe installed. As well as air filters, cabin filters, new spark plugs.

I do need a recommendation for a tune. I will have a CE light when I get the car back and would love to get a tune sooner than later.

What does everyone recommend. I have a strong sense of who I am going with, but it would be interesting to see some other opinions.

Thanks,

-DOMO

SaphGreyC63 01-19-2017 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Slow_c63 (Post 7029615)
Car is in a shop right now getting MBH headers,midpipe,xpipe installed. As well as air filters, cabin filters, new spark plugs.

I do need a recommendation for a tune. I will have a CE light when I get the car back and would love to get a tune sooner than later.

What does everyone recommend. I have a strong sense of who I am going with, but it would be interesting to see some other opinions.

Thanks,

-DOMO

Nothing but good things to say about Eurocharged. I haven't tried any other tunes so I can't compare, but Eurocharged gets a recommendation from me.

Slow_c63 01-19-2017 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63 (Post 7029649)
Nothing but good things to say about Eurocharged. I haven't tried any other tunes so I can't compare, but Eurocharged gets a recommendation from me.

Eurocharged is who I'm leaning towards. :y

Here is a sneak video that the shop did for their facebook page. These guys are awesome. If you're ever in the Atlanta area, visit their shop, Eurofed Automotive and EF Automotive.

Facebook Post

Mbm6f 01-19-2017 12:46 PM

EC is good to go bro.

Slow_c63 01-21-2017 05:18 PM

MBH headers, midpipe and xpipe are now installed.

I am very impressed with how the car drives.

You can barely notice that anything was done to the car if I drive normally, keeping it under 2k RPM. But boy!!!! Does it scream at WOT... it almost sounds like an angry F1 car.

Ill try to get a video soon.

-DOMO

Savage-wp 01-22-2017 10:16 AM

Congrats on the new car. Loving the mods so far. Looks awesome, and must sound great with the MBH Headers.
Did you end up getting the Eurocharged tune?

AMGonFire 01-22-2017 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Slow_c63 (Post 7031846)

You can barely notice that anything was done to the car if I drive normally, keeping it under 2k RPM. But boy!!!! Does it scream at WOT... it almost sounds like an angry F1 car.

-DOMO

nice let's see some vids

Mort 01-22-2017 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Slow_c63 (Post 7031846)

-DOMO

:y

Sounds about right to me. I love mine! :)

beejAMG 01-22-2017 02:10 PM

loving the mods mate. :y

Savage-wp 01-22-2017 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mbm6f (Post 7028976)
Can't remember on the eyelids, but the wrap was done at Sunsational in CharlottE, NC. I think it was 3M. Very pleased with it. It's worth the drive to have him do it.

Anything that was chrome or silver I had done.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps6nk2hf3d.jpg

You car looks awesome.
What is the colour of your wheels. It looks awesome against the white.
I am thinking of having my silver 507 wheels resprayed.

Slow_c63 01-22-2017 03:46 PM

I just had tge wife snap this quick video.

This is a COLD startup. Air temperature around 60.

Its scary good at cold startup. Then it dies out roughly 20 seconds after, where it sounds like a stock AMG.

Facebook Post

Mbm6f 01-22-2017 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7032563)
You car looks awesome.
What is the colour of your wheels. It looks awesome against the white.
I am thinking of having my silver 507 wheels resprayed.

Thanks man, I miss the car. It's a factory Niche color. Some people hate on Niche but I've had good luck with them. You can check the website, but it think it was called "gunmetal".

Personally I've had bad luck having wheels painted, even professionally. I had my Range Rover done by the dealership and the finish did not last as long as I would have liked.

s.e.a.n. 01-23-2017 09:28 AM

Sounds great and tastefully modded.

Will pick up some nice gains with the headers.

Slow_c63 01-23-2017 01:47 PM

Any recommendations on tires?

I've looked into Bridgestone RE-11 or Yokohama AD-08.

Both are either on backorder or the size that I want is no longer made... the heck?

Mbm6f 01-23-2017 01:58 PM

PSS or Nitto. Nitto life sucks, but they're grippy. Where do you live?

I think they quit making Nitto in the size I had but I got lucky at a Mustang shop.