MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Icon Question (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/650371-icon-question.html)

fkfleischli 01-18-2017 05:32 PM

Icon Question

Took delivery of my 2012 C63 Coupe yesterday morning (palladium silver, red and black leather, 5400 miles, etc., damn nice car ... no shortage of horsepower), but have not driven it enough in the past 24 hours to have any hard questions (let alone receive a graduate degree in automotive technology allowing me to understand what the multitude of manuals are saying), but am enjoying the ride a great deal.

A bit of a goofy question though. On the dash, where the gear positions are listed, to the left of the "P" there is an icon that looks like a steaming cup of coffee/tea/etc. Maybe my eyes are failing, but that is what it looks like to me. What is it? Why is it there? What is the back story, if in fact it is a representation of a cup of steaming liquid?

Also my owners manual is that of a "C Class Coupe," not one specific to an AMG C63. In fact none of the manuals included specifically reference the AMG, although I have only glossed over them thus far. I'll read them this weekend, and in the meantime I'm enjoying my car. Is there a manual specific to the C63, or the AMG series as a whole?

Thanks folks,

:zoom:

SaphGreyC63 01-18-2017 05:43 PM

Its the tired sensor? Wake up sensor? Some goofy name I cant remember. Its one of the assists that detects if you are falling asleep or not at the wheel and will start buzzing and chiming and making noises to wake you up. The icon means the system is on.

roadkillrob 01-18-2017 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63 (Post 7028936)
Its the tired sensor? Wake up sensor? Some goofy name I cant remember. Its one of the assists that detects if you are falling asleep or not at the wheel and will start buzzing and chiming and making noises to wake you up. The icon means the system is on.

This it is the drowsiness thing to wake you up if you start to nod off - you can turn it on and off in the menus.

Rocman8 01-18-2017 05:58 PM

Google "Mercedes attention assist"

BLKROKT 01-18-2017 06:32 PM

Turning it off is worth ~15hp

INS1GNIA 01-18-2017 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by fkfleischli (Post 7028921)
Took delivery of my 2012 C63 Coupe yesterday morning (palladium silver, red and black leather, 5400 miles, etc., damn nice car ... no shortage of horsepower), but have not driven it enough in the past 24 hours to have any hard questions (let alone receive a graduate degree in automotive technology allowing me to understand what the multitude of manuals are saying), but am enjoying the ride a great deal.

A bit of a goofy question though. On the dash, where the gear positions are listed, to the left of the "P" there is an icon that looks like a steaming cup of coffee/tea/etc. Maybe my eyes are failing, but that is what it looks like to me. What is it? Why is it there? What is the back story, if in fact it is a representation of a cup of steaming liquid?

Also my owners manual is that of a "C Class Coupe," not one specific to an AMG C63. In fact none of the manuals included specifically reference the AMG, although I have only glossed over them thus far. I'll read them this weekend, and in the meantime I'm enjoying my car. Is there a manual specific to the C63, or the AMG series as a whole?

Thanks folks,

Congrats on the car...post pics!!! As far as the manual, there is not a different one. There are only certain areas/parts where AMG is mentioned, besides that the rest is same as C class.

Mort 01-18-2017 07:57 PM

Congrats on the new C63. Enjoy!

fkfleischli 01-18-2017 10:14 PM

Huh?

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7029000)

I could only hope. We used to say that about race cars, i.e. wash the car, tape joints between body parts (that one actually would make you faster at tracks with long straights, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, etc.), use airplane gas, and other such stuff. I plan to turn it off regardless.

I'll get pics up in the determinant future.

Thanks guys

Alex.currie44 01-18-2017 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7029000)

Yup and if you shut off lane assist, the audio and the ESP that's another 50 or so. LOL:)

zcct04 01-19-2017 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alex.currie44 (Post 7029265)
Yup and if you shut off lane assist, the audio and the ESP that's another 50 or so. LOL:)

Been sniffin that Av gas again, eh? :D