MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   FlexFuel for Everyone! Eurocharged ATX E85 Kits NOW AVAILABLE :) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/651192-flexfuel-everyone-eurocharged-atx-e85-kits-now-available.html)

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by w204nyc (Post 7037598)
Just checked gas buddy and spoke to my mechanic. He highly recommends it and he is able to do the install but all the gas stations are far from me. At least a 20 minute drive and in places I never pass. How long is this offer available for?

20 minutes isn't that bad ;) - worth it for the #gainzzzz!! Remember you can run ANY mix, ANY time, so even if you just want it for the weekends - fill up with E and it's like getting an instant boost! We haven't even talked about the smell... Ethanol smells heavenly!

The launch pricing will we good for the first 15 sold - so I can't put a time on it - by I might guess for another week or two?

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Johnnie58 (Post 7037621)
Hi Mate Johnnie in the Land Down under I'm keen we have this fuel 2 mins from my House ! will this be good ...my car has evolve-technik ECU tune , I am getting DPE headers and then a custom tune. so i jsut wanted to confirm that if i tune the car on (e85) 107 (the V8 supercar fuel) and then run 98 if i am in regional areas i have no issues and that the ECU will adapt itself. thanks mate

Johnnie - That's exactly correct, what you described is exactly how we hope people will use the system :)

Thanks for the Question!

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7037590)
I am in Lemoore, CA and am just happy they have a Chevron station with top tier gas. I don't know if we have any e85 in the area. I have to check. I'm not going to get a flex fuel system if we don't have any e85 :nix:

Edit: nevermind. I see what this is. The nearest e85 station is over a half hour away from my house. Go get gas, drive home, and then have enough gas to make it to the gas station. Sucks for me I guess. I won't be getting this kit any time soon sadly

You can always buy drums or 5 gallon pails from VP and mix it yourself!:naughty:

If you EVER run MS109/Import, making the switch to ethanol is a no-brainier... system will pay for itself within 10 pails of MS109 - :y Then you will literally be saving money by running race fuel from the pump!

chrisridebike8 01-27-2017 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's (Post 7037881)
You can always buy drums or 5 gallon pails from VP and mix it yourself!:naughty:

If you EVER run MS109/Import, making the switch to ethanol is a no-brainier... system will pay for itself within 10 pails of MS109 - :y Then you will literally be saving money by running race fuel from the pump!

As much as I'd like to have the extra power, e85 is not as prevelant in CA as it was in VA. And using my car for long freeway commutes means that range is more important than power most of the time. Now that i say that, GTRs and modded F8x M3/4s will be everywhere and beat up on me on the freeways. Haha. My car is already overkill with the 30 mph speed limits everywhere in my town.

s.e.a.n. 01-27-2017 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's (Post 7036812)
It is known that RAW aluminium does react with Ethanol, but only Ethanol with significant water content... keep in mind that your fuel tank system is a SEALED system... and your check engine light would be on with a leak anywhere as small as about .015" (a hole with about the thickness of a playing card). So if you are using tanks of fuel and not having it sit for months, you will not be giving the fuel an opportunity to absorb any water. if you keep opened containers of Ethanol lying around to fill up with, you may run into a corrosion issue. That being said, with today's materials being made Ethanol safe, and even the W204 vehicles that have been FULL FlexFuel, you be be confident that your fuel system will be OK. Now if you were going to let it sit for say, 3 or more months? I'd run the tank out, and fill it with some fresh 93/91 and fuel stabilizer.

Good question!

Thanks, that was one of my biggest concern. I ran E85 on my big turbo evo for years without an issue but this is a completely different platform. Will definitely consider this once I seen more results on other M156 cars.

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7037907)
As much as I'd like to have the extra power, e85 is not as prevelant in CA as it was in VA. And using my car for long freeway commutes means that range is more important than power most of the time. Now that i say that, GTRs and modded F8x M3/4s will be everywhere and beat up on me on the freeways. Haha. My car is already overkill with the 30 mph speed limits everywhere in my town.

Move to South Florida we have e85 gas stations all over, there is literally one 3 mins away from me. Some has even tested as high as E90

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7037907)

I hear that! I'm originally from CA as well, I lived closer to Sacramento/Folsom area... but I respect the pickle you're in.

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n. (Post 7037949)
Thanks, that was one of my biggest concern. I ran E85 on my big turbo evo for years without an issue but this is a completely different platform. Will definitely consider this once I seen more results on other M156 cars.

I'm looking forward to the first round of systems to be installed. Not all the guys are online, but I will post results as I receive them, and I'm confident the folks on here who have pulled the trigger will have nice things to say :)

Move to South Florida we have e85 gas stations all over, there is literally one 3 mins away from me. Some has even tested as high as E90

That's AWESOME!:y

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by RNS-11Z (Post 7037735)
How long until you release something for weistec stage 3 charged cars?

We are working on the design and manufacture of fuel system components for that application... the stock fuel line is only able to support at the most 600whp on ethanol (safely) so we are working on a drop on fuel lid solution for it!

Great question and thanks for asking!

chrisridebike8 01-27-2017 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n. (Post 7037949)

I wish. Then it would be sunny and I could have all my guns. Sadly we don't have any F-18s in South Florida. So I am stuck for at least 2 more years until I can try and get back to VA

Kriston 01-27-2017 03:15 PM

Sucks that E85 is so hard to come by here in Toronto.

INOV8N 01-27-2017 04:37 PM

Excellent work!
Looking forward to you next release - something to support >700rwhp.

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kriston (Post 7038160)
Sucks that E85 is so hard to come by here in Toronto.

Get in touch with your local VP rep and get a group of guys together and buy in bulk!

HTX C63 01-27-2017 06:18 PM

Take my money!

Jasonoff 01-27-2017 07:00 PM

I believe the TB plates in our IM are aluminum. Will E85 vapours corrode them?

Couple examples, potentially isolated incidents, but I'm concerned it may have been due to using high ethanol content fuel.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ttle-body.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-urgently.html

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by HTX C63 (Post 7038310)
Take my money!

Call me at the shop!! I'll send one out tomorrow :)

512-777-2799

Vpatriota 01-27-2017 07:55 PM

This. Is. F. Great.

In Brazil we have cheap cheap cheap ethanol. Every corner. Not sure our mix is the E85 thought.. I know people from Chevy and Ford been doing this for a while now. There's a pal here that owns a '12 Shelby GT500 heavily modded and he runs on Ethanol...

Thinking you'd get over 500whp with bone stock and lightly modded is indeed a very interesting option. Sub'd. Wanna see what's the fuzz all about.

AMGonFire 01-27-2017 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7038353)

Couple examples, potentially isolated incidents, but I'm concerned it may have been due to using high ethanol content fuel.

why do you think that? Didn't see anything in those post alluding to that

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7038353)

Lots of aluminum exists in these engines, and for being a tech for over 12 years in dealerships at the Master Level, and a Team Leader/Diagnostic Lead, I can tell you that M156 intake manifold failures, true failures are very few and far between... during my time - most, were due to the wiring harness causing abrasion, as you can see clearly in the photo... the channel that is damaged is where the wiring harness is routed. Ethanol has absolutely nothing to do with it. Please don't post recklessly without any backing... E85 Vapors will NOT corrode them :)

Please see the picture from a internal document (one of many that I have), which shows the issue from MB Engineering and TAC.

Thanks

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Vpatriota (Post 7038379)
This. Is. F. Great.

In Brazil we have cheap cheap cheap ethanol. Every corner. Not sure our mix is the E85 thought.. I know people from Chevy and Ford been doing this for a while now. There's a pal here that owns a '12 Shelby GT500 heavily modded and he runs on Ethanol...

Thinking you'd get over 500whp with bone stock and lightly modded is indeed a very interesting option. Sub'd. Wanna see what's the fuzz all about.

You need it! Brazil is the PERFECT place!!!

RNS-11Z 01-27-2017 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's (Post 7038054)
We are working on the design and manufacture of fuel system components for that application... the stock fuel line is only able to support at the most 600whp on ethanol (safely) so we are working on a drop on fuel lid solution for it!

Great question and thanks for asking!

I have modified fuel lines (dual 1/2inch) and 2 X walbro 460lph Intank pumps. Fuel rail has also been modified. Once the system is compatible for s3 weistec cars please let us know. Thank you.

Jasonoff 01-27-2017 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by AMGonFire (Post 7038380)
why do you think that? Didn't see anything in those post alluding to that

Nothing really came of the reported incidents and anything I've seen looked like corrosion so I was curious. How would an aluminum plate, that's pretty much protected from the elements, corrode? Since ethanol vapours and aluminum don't mix it was just a thought.

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's (Post 7038404)
Lots of aluminum exists in these engines, and for being a tech for over 12 years in dealerships at the Master Level, and a Team Leader/Diagnostic Lead, I can tell you that M156 intake manifold failures, true failures are very few and far between... during my time - most, were due to the wiring harness causing abrasion, as you can see clearly in the photo... the channel that is damaged is where the wiring harness is routed. Ethanol has absolutely nothing to do with it. Please don't post recklessly without any backing... E85 Vapors will NOT corrode them :)

Please see the picture from a internal document (one of many that I have), which shows the issue from MB Engineering and TAC.

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

It was just a simple question based on observation of pictures I've seen, not a "reckless" post. If those isolated incidents were caused by a poor design (headbolts cough cough) then I wouldn't be surprised.

With that out of the way. Would you recommend this being something to check as a preventative maintenance measure?

DavesMeanE's 01-27-2017 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by RNS-11Z (Post 7038417)
I have modified fuel lines (dual 1/2inch) and 2 X walbro 460lph Intank pumps. Fuel rail has also been modified. Once the system is compatible for s3 weistec cars please let us know. Thank you.

We'll shoot! You're ready to go then - what injectors do you have in the car? Shot you a PM with my #, I wanna chat a little more about the car.

RNS-11Z 01-27-2017 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's (Post 7038434)
We'll shoot! You're ready to go then - what injectors do you have in the car? Shot you a PM with my #, I wanna chat a little more about the car.

Pm sent

kevinlovepoyan 01-28-2017 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's (Post 7037275)
I'll just say for the first 15 systems sold :y

FedEx man came by today and picked up 3 already this morning, and sent one to Hong Kong as well... so if that gives you any idea ;)

Thanks!

seems that my kit's on the way :)

let's see what would happen to my car.

DavesMeanE's 01-28-2017 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by kevinlovepoyan (Post 7038560)
seems that my kit's on the way :)

let's see what would happen to my car.

Yes sir!! You'll have it shortly!