Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 06:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
+1 for benzworks
Old 02-20-2017, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 E55 AMG
Sorry guys I have to say something here. Why would you take your car somewhere to someone that might or might not know what they're doing? Especially this type of job. The reason the dealer is charging you so much is because MB wants you to pull the heads off and replace the headgaskets. Yes this is the correct way of doing this repair but only doing the bolts is also another way of doing it if you really want to take that chance. I wouldn't take the chance on my car. Also, if you blow your head gasket after this repair and only the bolts were done who is responsible? Is the shop that did the headbolts going to replace your headgaskets for free? Just something to think about guys. The M156 is not a cheap engine.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by sseric75
Sorry guys I have to say something here. Why would you take your car somewhere to someone that might or might not know what they're doing? Especially this type of job. The reason the dealer is charging you so much is because MB wants you to pull the heads off and replace the headgaskets. Yes this is the correct way of doing this repair but only doing the bolts is also another way of doing it if you really want to take that chance. I wouldn't take the chance on my car. Also, if you blow your head gasket after this repair and only the bolts were done who is responsible? Is the shop that did the headbolts going to replace your headgaskets for free? Just something to think about guys. The M156 is not a cheap engine.
The shop I'm going to has a former AMG tech and pulls the heads off and sends them to a machine shop for cleaning and inspection. Why would I spend $15k for something I can get done for $3500. I usually trust indy shops more than the dealer. This shop builds many high horsepower cars and knows what they are doing. So I ask, why would you spend 5 times as much for no benefit?
The following 2 users liked this post by chrisridebike8:
BLKROKT (02-20-2017), Mbm6f (02-20-2017)