C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Sell, part out and sell, or keep....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
07 Z06, 2011 c63pp
Sell, part out and sell, or keep....

Trying to decide if i should continue with this platform or move on as my needs/wants have changed slightly.

My car is a 2011 p31 white on black w 66,xxx km on the odo being a canadian car.

I currently have MBH headers w catless x pipe installed mated to the stock exhaust.
Eurocharged v6 tune w my genius.
ROW boxes w afe filters
Girodisc rotors all around w endless brake pads.
Kw V3 coilovers w K-mac Camber and toe in the rear and k-mac camber bushings in the front.
Have not installed the castor bushings but i do have them.
Car currently sits on enkei rs05rr wheels in sparkle silver w factory size pilot supersports that have 2000km on them.
I also have hoosier drag radials mounted to enkei rpf1 wheels for the drag strip.

I bought the car used from mercedes markham and it has c.p.o warranty until mid june, although given the mods it's pointless unless you know someone.

The shop foreman i know had all lifters and cam phasers replaced last january as a favour. The car was out of headbolt range.

I love the 63 and my main issue is not needing it as a daily driver or kid hauler as i would like to continue going faster and making more power w less weight which is the harder part of the two.
I know it's all possible but i'm thinking of building a full on track car as i dont really think it's worth compromising this further given our laws and restrictions here in Canada. Have to grow up some time i guess.

Thoughts from a few key valued oppinions here would be greatly appreciated. Approx value, direction etc...
Old 03-11-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
Hey

saw that you might part out.
​​​​​​​if you decide to sell headers please let me know
Old 03-11-2017, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
do you still have the cats
Has the car been E tested
was the car winter flogged
could you send me a photo of the car and also of the radial drags
No warranty
What is your asking price
Local to you

Best regards
Old 03-12-2017, 12:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
S600TT, F456GT, E34, E91
I'm in a similar boat, although I haven't yet been bitten by the mod bug that hard. I find driving the C63 in the GTA extremely frustrating--it's a very capable car, but I rarely can exceed 25-30% of its potential while still paying for 100%. As such, I don't think I'll be keeping it very long--I need a four-door car, and I love the performance, but it really is a waste to drive it daily.

For me, the answer is to have a track car with which you can go all-out in terms of mods and avoid the compromises entailed by needing to daily it. If your budget allows, then do that and get another car for daily duties.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:01 PM

07 Z06, 2011 c63pp
Originally Posted by Critter
do you still have the cats
Has the car been E tested
was the car winter flogged
could you send me a photo of the car and also of the radial drags
No warranty
What is your asking price
Local to you

Best regards
I have all original exhaust components including cats.
The car was winter driven but not daily.
It has been stored this year as once I did coilovers, brakes and bushings I did not want to subject them to the salt and brine.
There is some c.p.o warranty remaining but it's almost irrelevant unless you know a dealer tech.
I'm thinking in the high 30's. not certain on price yet.

Send me your email and I'll send some pics.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:17 PM

07 Z06, 2011 c63pp
Originally Posted by tantumaude
I'm in a similar boat, although I haven't yet been bitten by the mod bug that hard. I find driving the C63 in the GTA extremely frustrating--it's a very capable car, but I rarely can exceed 25-30% of its potential while still paying for 100%. As such, I don't think I'll be keeping it very long--I need a four-door car, and I love the performance, but it really is a waste to drive it daily.

For me, the answer is to have a track car with which you can go all-out in terms of mods and avoid the compromises entailed by needing to daily it. If your budget allows, then do that and get another car for daily duties.
I own a c6z06 and i picked up a new dodge ram as my daily.
I have to do heads and cam on the Z and I'm still not sure i'll turn this into my drag racer....
I was thinking of picking up a fox body for the drag strip. And keep the vette more geared toward road course/street driving for the limited time i actually venture out.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,572 Likes on 925 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ritalin
I own a c6z06 and
I have to do heads and cam on the Z
Has there been a bullet proof solution to the valves/guides problem yet? The C6Z subforum over on corvetteforum was worse than here...
Old 03-12-2017, 02:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 C63 Amg
What about KW 3's will you sell those?
Old 03-12-2017, 03:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2012 c63
Making more power is not hard. Just strap on a supercharger you good to go. Might want to consider doing the fender though. Weight reduction is the hard part, you can obviously go for cf trunk, hood, rotors, rims... . But unless you are going to start removing seats and doors, cutting stuff, not going to save much weight IMO. Don't forget the tranny also.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...each-part.html

Last edited by Cli63; 03-12-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:23 PM

07 Z06, 2011 c63pp
Originally Posted by Cli63
Making more power is not hard. Just strap on a supercharger you good to go. Might want to consider doing the fender though. Weight reduction is the hard part, you can obviously go for cf trunk, hood, rotors, rims... . But unless you are going to start removing seats and doors, cutting stuff, not going to save much weight IMO. Don't forget the tranny also.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...each-part.html
I've already taken all these things into consideration. Power is easy, i just don't feel confident in the weistec trans upgrade holding all the power for very long. I have rotors already and contemplated weight reduction beyond seats and body parts etc.. just seems like a waste to *******ize this further.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:29 PM

07 Z06, 2011 c63pp
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Has there been a bullet proof solution to the valves/guides problem yet? The C6Z subforum over on corvetteforum was worse than here...
There are many good choices. I'm deciding between two options right now. The sky is falling over at the corvette forum. To be honest, doing heads and cam on the Z, will pay off powerwise in dividends. It's cheaper than just suspension and brakes on this car....
Tony Mamo has a reworked trick flow casting cylinder head or AHP uses moldstar 90 copper guides. Yella terra rockers seem to be the go to choice on a decent budget.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,572 Likes on 925 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Tony Mamo has a reworked trick flow casting cylinder head or AHP uses moldstar 90 copper guides. Yella terra rockers seem to be the go to choice on a decent budget.
Is that one guy still preaching solid SS valves and copper guides without addressing the guide seat machining issue?

Was dead set on a C6Z project track car ~2 years back. Scrapped the idea when some "fixed" solutions still failed.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
S600TT, F456GT, E34, E91
I own a c6z06 and i picked up a new dodge ram as my daily.
I have to do heads and cam on the Z and I'm still not sure i'll turn this into my drag racer....
I was thinking of picking up a fox body for the drag strip. And keep the vette more geared toward road course/street driving for the limited time i actually venture out.
Sounds like I have no further advice to give here

If you have the $ and the space, that should tide you over for a while.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Luke - selling your car with all the goodies for "high 30s" would be a sacrilege. I'd be hoping to get high 40s. High 30s may be the going rate for a stock car, never mind one that has had a top end rebuild with new lifters done properly.

Now, I have been on both sides of that dilemma a number of times myself, and as much as it would be a shame to part it out, you may indeed be better off putting it back to stock first (depending on labour costs) as unfortunately mods don't add nearly as much to the price as they cost to put on. I sincerely hope that you'll find a buyer that can appreciate what you've done though and would be looking to take it with all the mods, so that's the route I'd pursue first. And, does the EC tune codes out the O2 sensors (seeing as you're catless)? You are allowed one not ready monitor to pass the e-test, so if yes, you don't even need to worry about reinstalling the cats and putting back the OEM tune.

LOL re the C6Z... I didn't know you had one. Over the winter I was seriously entertaining the idea of getting a local, fully built GT1 track car, but gave up on the idea when I found out that cost wise it would be no different than tracking a Porsche.

Everyone - this is a *very* nice C63 with all the right mods and has been serviced by one of the best MB techs in the city. If anyone is lookng for a well-sorted sedan, this is it.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:24 PM

07 Z06, 2011 c63pp
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Luke - selling your car with all the goodies for "high 30s" would be a sacrilege. I'd be hoping to get high 40s. High 30s may be the going rate for a stock car, never mind one that has had a top end rebuild with new lifters done properly.

Now, I have been on both sides of that dilemma a number of times myself, and as much as it would be a shame to part it out, you may indeed be better off putting it back to stock first (depending on labour costs) as unfortunately mods don't add nearly as much to the price as they cost to put on. I sincerely hope that you'll find a buyer that can appreciate what you've done though and would be looking to take it with all the mods, so that's the route I'd pursue first. And, does the EC tune codes out the O2 sensors (seeing as you're catless)? You are allowed one not ready monitor to pass the e-test, so if yes, you don't even need to worry about reinstalling the cats and putting back the OEM tune.

LOL re the C6Z... I didn't know you had one. Over the winter I was seriously entertaining the idea of getting a local, fully built GT1 track car, but gave up on the idea when I found out that cost wise it would be no different than tracking a Porsche.

Everyone - this is a *very* nice C63 with all the right mods and has been serviced by one of the best MB techs in the city. If anyone is lookng for a well-sorted sedan, this is it.
Thanks for the Kind words D.
Been meaning to msg you for a get together w Phil.
It's been a busy fall and Winter.
I'm still on the fence about it all. Not sure what I will do just yet.
I thought I mentioned the z06.
I'm surprised it would be so pricey to run, mine doesn't get driven much so maintenance and running costs are at a minimum. Going to pull the trigger on heads and cam this year so that will make up for the lack of spending over the years....
Old 03-21-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 C63, 2014 G550
Your car has some awesome mods! Echoing what Diabolis said - hope you find a buyer who will take it as is. If you decide to part out, I might be interested in your KWV3/KMAC setup.

How do you like the Enkeis?