MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Need a few pointers please... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/660344-need-few-pointers-please.html)

Andrew33 03-25-2017 09:21 PM

Need a few pointers please...

What's up guys I'm new here been lurking for a bit now researching before I buy my c63. The car I'm going to look at isn't in the affected group for the headbolt issue. I'm driving about 4 hours to look at this car and I'm looking for any type of pointers and stuff to look for tomorrow when I go there. Thank you guys again for all the great information I've already got on the forums. The car is a 2011 with 32k miles clean history and was a leased car.

CarHopper 03-25-2017 09:32 PM

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-stickies.html

Check under "Buying Advice..."

Andrew33 03-25-2017 09:51 PM

I've looked through some of that stuff. Just seeing if anyone else had some input when they were buying used. Anyone have experience with the LSD and without? The car I'm going to look at doesn't have the LSD.

BLKROKT 03-25-2017 09:52 PM

There is no other input than what is in there.

Here's another tip. Search: "LSD"

Andrew33 03-25-2017 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7095676)
There is no other input than what is in there.

Here's another tip. Search: "LSD"

Thanks. Real nice.

BLKROKT 03-25-2017 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7095679)
Thanks. Real nice.

You're welcome!

(Here's another tip. People like you ask this question practically every single day. There is a ton of information available here, and people will be willing to help if you demonstrate a little effort. Try doing a few searches, read the threads, and then if you have a specific question that remains unanswered, fire away and people will help. What you posted above isn't going to get you anywhere because it has already been answered literally hundreds of times.)

Andrew33 03-25-2017 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7095689)
You're welcome!

(Here's another tip. People like you ask this question practically every single day. There is a ton of information available here, and people will be willing to help if you demonstrate a little effort. Try doing a few searches, read the threads, and then if you have a specific question that remains unanswered, fire away and people will help. What you posted above isn't going to get you anywhere because it has already been answered literally hundreds of times.)

i did search this is why I said that I've already looked into the headbolt issue and I'm not affected. Im looking for last minute pointers tomorrow when I go there. I've looked through LSD posts and haven't found any comparing both cars.

BLKROKT 03-25-2017 10:34 PM

LSD is practically a must-have. You can install a Quaife or Wavetrac afterwards, but it'll cost you around $2k.

chrisridebike8 03-25-2017 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7095699)
i did search this is why I said that I've already looked into the headbolt issue and I'm not affected. Im looking for last minute pointers tomorrow when I go there. I've looked through LSD posts and haven't found any comparing both cars.

No. You didn't. These come right up. So when we say "search," it's for a reason.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...s-non-lsd.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...lsd-house.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-any-good.html

BLKROKT 03-25-2017 10:54 PM

I'm trying to be nicer. Might be temporary.

chrisridebike8 03-25-2017 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7095716)

I've actually noticed! Haha.

Andrew33 03-25-2017 11:16 PM

lol I'm trying to do the best I can searching. I've been looking through a lot. If I like the car tomorrow whatever I'll install the LSD after a bit. Any front end issues to worry about? Haven't seen many issues? Now if I'm wrong with this question it's 3 strikes and I'm out

AMGonFire 03-25-2017 11:18 PM

iv taken note as well in other threads surprised lol

chrisridebike8 03-25-2017 11:20 PM

The car is solid. The info is all on here.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3407bd103.jpeg

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e147cb45e.jpeg

Andrew33 03-25-2017 11:47 PM

You guys are clowns that troll all day posting in people's threads saying search. I just looked through more and both of you are in there. This is what forums are for, too bad. Grow up and help new members out instead of being a troll. YOU WERE IN MY POSITION ONE DAY.

BLKROKT 03-25-2017 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7095741)
You guys are clowns that troll all day posting in people's threads saying search. I just looked through more and both of you are in there. This is what forums are for, too bad. Grow up and help new members out instead of being a troll. YOU WERE IN MY POSITION ONE DAY.

That's hilarious.

Yes, once upon a time we were all in the market for a C63. However, unlike you, our reading comprehension skills are quite good. So we didn't ask stupid repetitive questions because we searched the forum first and found most of the answers there.

Good luck with everything. Idiot.

chrisridebike8 03-26-2017 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7095741)

No. I wasn't. I do research. I don't ask to be spoonfed. I didn't ask for a thread how to detail my car. I made one. I didn't ask for a thread to do the intake mani gasket when I couldn't find one. I made one. I did all that and do more based on things I find on the forums. It's really not difficult.

BLKROKT is the same. He found a way to make adjustable sway bar endlinks. He's wrapping his dash. He's cut up his bumper for brake ducts. BLK and I are not the same as you.

Andrew33 03-26-2017 12:26 AM

Yeah you guys are typical forum trolls that have nothing better to do with ur time then this. Go complain in someone else's thread you guys can go wrap ur dashboard together since you guys ride eachother's dicks in every thread a new person asks questions.

BLKROKT 03-26-2017 12:39 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f838b6e95.jpeg

Uh huh. Likely to stay that way.

skratch77 03-26-2017 12:48 AM

I wouldn't let the car not having a limited slip stop you from buying.

if the car drives good and checks out go for it.bring a scan tool with you and see if all monitors are ready and if it has any codes stored and check the brakes out.they could be 2k to replace rotors and pads so keep that in mind also.

32k miles might still be on original pads and rotors

Roswell 03-26-2017 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7095775)
I wouldn't let the car not having a limited slip stop you from buying.

if the car drives good and checks out go for it.bring a scan tool with you and see if all monitors are ready and if it has any codes stored and check the brakes out.they could be 2k to replace rotors and pads so keep that in mind also.

32k miles might still be on original pads and rotors

First helpful tip in this thread. Others should take it easy with newbies. This forum is becoming dead for this reason. Older members have moved on to other toys so newer members are arriving, just try to help newcomers rather than tell then being hostile all the time. Seriously.

I agree on the LSD, it is not necessary unless u plan on tracking the car. I don't have LSD in mine & never felt the need to have it. It's good u are aware of the headbolts issue & picked a car out of that range.

The C63 is built solid, again like skratch posted, keep a close look on wear & tear items like brakes, tires, belts & such.

Enjoy the car & the forum!

Andrew33 03-27-2017 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Roswell (Post 7095864)
First helpful tip in this thread. Others should take it easy with newbies. This forum is becoming dead for this reason. Older members have moved on to other toys so newer members are arriving, just try to help newcomers rather than tell then being hostile all the time. Seriously.

I agree on the LSD, it is not necessary unless u plan on tracking the car. I don't have LSD in mine & never felt the need to have it. It's good u are aware of the headbolts issue & picked a car out of that range.

The C63 is built solid, again like skratch posted, keep a close look on wear & tear items like brakes, tires, belts & such.

wow thank you both for the first useful replies to my post. So I checked the car out yesterday and it drives good no abnormal noises from the motor like cam adjusters etc. body has a few scratches and dings on the read bumper. Other things are the clear coat on the roof molding is peeling which I've seen is common on here. Another thing that annoyed me is the leather seats were definitely worn from going in and out since the bolster sticks out far. One other thing is the inside driver side door handle is like bubbling almost looking like diamond cut steel. The rotors have some lip and a decent amount of rust but the pads seem to have life. The tires seem fairly new and definitely not original but are continentals. The price of the car isn't bad though I'm at $31500 with 33k mikes. I'm waiting on maintenance records because the car fax has none and it was a leased car it looks like it wasn't brought back to the dealer. Any suggestions for me before I pull the trigger on the car?

CarHopper 03-27-2017 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7096934)
Any suggestions for me before I pull the trigger on the car?

Yeah, find a different car. Plenty of affordable c63's out there and you listed off quite a few things that are wrong with it. With that low of miles to have so many cosmetic issues the car wasn't cared for.

You may think that the cosmetic stuff doesn't bother you much now, and trust me I know what it is like buying a car and wanting to just get in it and go. But I'll bet you can find another one, that is much cleaner, for just a little bit more.

SuperFastYo 03-27-2017 11:59 AM

its not a good look. I find it off putting. Go back to normal.

-The Forum

Andrew33 03-27-2017 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097016)
Yeah, find a different car. Plenty of affordable c63's out there and you listed off quite a few things that are wrong with it. With that low of miles to have so many cosmetic issues the car wasn't cared for.

You may think that the cosmetic stuff doesn't bother you much now, and trust me I know what it is like buying a car and wanting to just get in it and go. But I'll bet you can find another one, that is much cleaner, for just a little bit more.

Yeah I hear you man but it's tough. I love the car and there is literally no other ones in my area I checked within a 300 mile radius. I forgot to mention the plastic by the hood latch is cracked too. If this dealer can't provide any prior service records for the car I don't think I'll buy it.

CarHopper 03-27-2017 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7097027)
Yeah I hear you man but it's tough. I love the car and there is literally no other ones in my area I checked within a 300 mile radius. I forgot to mention the plastic by the hood latch is cracked too. If this dealer can't provide any prior service records for the car I don't think I'll buy it.

Where is your area?

Andrew33 03-27-2017 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097030)
Where is your area?

I'm in Staten Island,NY. I drove 4 hours to Virginia to see this car...

CarHopper 03-27-2017 12:33 PM

What are you using to search? Because here are 50 c63's within 250 miles of you....

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...20201&zc=10302

Andrew33 03-27-2017 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097069)
What are you using to search? Because here are 50 c63's within 250 miles of you....

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...20201&zc=10302

Well I'm searching only 2011-2012 because of the headbolt issue. I'm also searching under 35k miles. I'm going back and forth between cars, cargurus, and autotrader.

hyperion667 03-27-2017 12:41 PM

well put Roswell, there are a lot of guys screaming to use search......and spend a lot of time arguing about why they should use the search.....and then the insults start......when I was a noob, I had so much fun on these boards! it has changed a lot as you said.....

good luck to the OP

Andrew33 03-27-2017 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 7097090)
well put Roswell, there are a lot of guys screaming to use search......and spend a lot of time arguing about why they should use the search.....and then the insults start......when I was a noob, I had so much fun on these boards! it has changed a lot as you said.....

good luck to the OP

Thank you man I appreciate it.

CarHopper 03-27-2017 12:51 PM

If you're looking at 11's make sure the engine code is beyond 60658 or you'll still be at risk with headbolts.

Also -- <35k miles = 6-7k miles per year which is very low.

You may be very limited but I wouldn't buy a beat up car with low miles over a very well maintained car with slightly higher miles. C63's are stout cars, don't let mileage deter you.

Andrew33 03-27-2017 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097116)
If you're looking at 11's make sure the engine code is beyond 60658 or you'll still be at risk with headbolts.

Also -- <35k miles = 6-7k miles per year which is very low.

You may be very limited but I wouldn't buy a beat up car with low miles over a very well maintained car with slightly higher miles. C63's are stout cars, don't let mileage deter you.

Yeah ur right about that. I wouldn't call the car beat up but it was definitely parked in a city a lot while it was leased due to the rear bumper. My deciding factor is definitely gonna be the maintenance records to see if there is any. It was never brought back to the dealer after it was purchased as a lease. I don't mind fixing a few of the blemishes the car has. As far as the engine serial number goes it is 6,2xx so I'm good with the headbolt issue. Thanks a lot Purple Heart I really appreciate you taking your time out replying to me and giving me some pointers.

CarHopper 03-27-2017 01:08 PM

NP. One last question, what's the budget? Looks to me <$35k, sound about right?

Andrew33 03-27-2017 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097148)
NP. One last question, what's the budget? Looks to me <$35k, sound about right?

Yeah right around there..37k max after Ny taxes and extended warranty I'll be over 40k at that point.

saint13 03-27-2017 06:29 PM

Welcome OP, good luck on your search!

Since you're already in VA it might be worth swinging by Bethesda to check out this guy's C63:
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-2011-c63.html

Super clean, great color combo and already has headers installed along with some other exterior mods.

Alternatively, Marc has his face-lift sedan up for sale. Florida car with minor fender damage but he's an awesome guy and the car is well cared for:
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...3-florida.html

CarHopper 03-27-2017 07:22 PM

^6MercAMG's was also in the cars..com link I posted. Worth taking a look at if you're okay with buying a modded car and that interior. Cream interiors seem to be a love it or hate it thing.

Andrew33 03-27-2017 08:31 PM

Really appreciate all of your help guys. Quick update I actually decided to buy the one in Virginia today. I was able to get the service records for the car while it was leased from 0miles to 31k miles and it was serviced at ray catena in NJ. Dealer is doing an oil change and painting the rear bumper for me at $31.5k. A few of the other minor blemishes I'll fix myself. I'm gonna pick her up on Thursday!https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fa3dfebe28.jpghttps://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e6fb3ee98f.jpg

Vladds 03-27-2017 09:01 PM

Welcome.
I thought the projectors were black inside the headlights, but it could be an option code too.
Take a look at your options card, which headlight option do you have?

CarHopper 03-27-2017 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Vladds (Post 7097664)
Welcome.
I thought the projectors were black inside the headlights, but it could be an option code too.
Take a look at your options card, which headlight option do you have?

The black housings mean the car has the headlight package, this one does not.

You'll always want to get the upper portion of the grill that attaches to the hood. Maybe you can get the dealer to throw that in.

chrisridebike8 03-27-2017 09:09 PM

Congrats! Enjoy it! Also, make sure they replace the top piece of the grille that attaches to the hood.

Andrew33 03-28-2017 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7097673)
Congrats! Enjoy it! Also, make sure they replace the top piece of the grille that attaches to the hood.

Wow I didn't even notice that until you said that. I doubt this guy is gonna replace that. Gonna have to try and find that myself.

CarHopper 03-28-2017 10:33 AM

https://www.55tech.com/products/w204-c63-amg-grille-2008-2011

Andrew33 03-28-2017 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7098208)
https://www.55tech.com/products/w204-c63-amg-grille-2008-2011

wow that's actually really nice I might have to get that anyway...thanks man!!

chrisridebike8 03-28-2017 10:53 AM

Yeah, I have a 55tech grille. It's good. It might be difficult to find the stock top piece of the grille. Keep in mind that some people experience a whistling noise on the freeway with the 55tech grille (myself). The solution would be to use the stock piece on top (difficult for you) or make some type of gasket for the 55tech top piece. The stock piece has a thin rubber gasket between it and the hood. It wouldn't be difficult to make a gasket, but just something to keep in mind. It might not even be a factor if you get it.

CarHopper 03-28-2017 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7098243)
Yeah, I have a 55tech grille. It's good. It might be difficult to find the stock top piece of the grille. Keep in mind that some people experience a whistling noise on the freeway with the 55tech grille (myself). The solution would be to use the stock piece on top (difficult for you) or make some type of gasket for the 55tech top piece. The stock piece has a thin rubber gasket between it and the hood. It wouldn't be difficult to make a gasket, but just something to keep in mind. It might not even be a factor if you get it.

I am a little confused as to whether or not you are suggesting the top piece does not come with the 55tech. I understand at one point it didn't. However, in the product description now:

C63 AMG Style Grille
For 2008~2011 C63 AMG models ONLY
Does NOT fit on Non-AMG models
2012 C63 AMG Style Grille.
TOP Piece now included for all color

So he should be able to kill two birds with one stone. Update the front a little to a more aggressive grille and also get that top piece in there.

Andrew33 03-28-2017 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7098243)

i just called the dealer im buying it from and I asked if I could take it off of the other c63 they have in the lot. Is that piece hard to remove when I go to pick it up Thursday?

CarHopper 03-28-2017 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7098253)
i just called the dealer im buying it from and I asked if I could take it off of the other c63 they have in the lot. Is that piece hard to remove when I go to pick it up Thursday?

No, very easy, Should just be 2 or 3 screws if I remember correctly.

AMG3.2 03-28-2017 11:16 AM

Congrats and welcome

chrisridebike8 03-28-2017 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7098251)
I am a little confused as to whether or not you are suggesting the top piece does not come with the 55tech. I understand at one point it didn't. However, in the product description now:

C63 AMG Style Grille
For 2008~2011 C63 AMG models ONLY
Does NOT fit on Non-AMG models
2012 C63 AMG Style Grille.
TOP Piece now included for all color

So he should be able to kill two birds with one stone. Update the front a little to a more aggressive grille and also get that top piece in there.

No. I was saying that some people experience whistling noise with the 55tech top piece. Mine whistled. I swapped back to the stock top piece and the rest of the 55tech grille. Some people that experienced whistling used the 55tech top piece and made a rubber gasket to go between it and the hood.

Adi-Benz 03-28-2017 11:31 AM

nvm

CarHopper 03-28-2017 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7098269)
No. I was saying that some people experience whistling noise with the 55tech top piece. Mine whistled. I swapped back to the stock top piece and the rest of the 55tech grille. Some people that experienced whistling used the 55tech top piece and made a rubber gasket to go between it and the hood.

Gotchya. Yeah, I remember on the stock piece there was some type of gasket in there. I couldn't handle a constant whistling while driving so that would have to be addressed.

Hopefully the dealer just puts the stock piece from another car on there for him and then takes care of that other car themselves.

Roswell 03-28-2017 07:51 PM

Well said bro, I would pass cuz those little things will eat me in the long run.

Roswell 03-28-2017 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 7097090)

good luck to the OP

I agree hyper, things changed a lot here.. We used to be like family here & pick on each others (like ur taste for rainbow wheels lol)

But now it seems like a high school yard where the new kids get bullied.. At least that's my opinion. The show must go on.. ;)

Andrew33 03-28-2017 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Roswell (Post 7098832)
I agree hyper, things changed a lot here.. We used to be like family here & pick on each others (like ur taste for rainbow wheels lol)

But now it seems like a high school yard where the new kids get bullied.. At least that's my opinion. The show must go on.. ;)

Well hopefully I broke the trend a little bit here! You guys have been great so far and I appreciate all the advice. I agree I could've searched a little more when I first posted but a lot of posts on here were outdated. I got the biggest problem out of the way in discovering the headbolt issue and what engine serial numbers were affected. So I spoke to the dealer today and basically asked him if I could take the top grille piece off of the black c63 they have there and he said yeah so we'll see how that goes Thursday.

#MAKEMBWORLDGREATAGAIN lol

Roswell 03-28-2017 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7097116)

Kiva is the wise man :y

Roswell 03-28-2017 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7097632)
Really appreciate all of your help guys. Quick update I actually decided to buy the one in Virginia today. I was able to get the service records for the car while it was leased from 0miles to 31k miles and it was serviced at ray catena in NJ. Dealer is doing an oil change and painting the rear bumper for me at $31.5k. A few of the other minor blemishes I'll fix myself. I'm gonna pick her up on Thursday!https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fa3dfebe28.jpghttps://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e6fb3ee98f.jpg

Congrats on the purchase & glad u will get few things fixed before delivery.

Andrew33 03-28-2017 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roswell (Post 7098862)
Congrats on the purchase & glad u will get few things fixed before delivery.

Thanks man I'm excited. My first non boosted car lol. I've went from a 2006 evo 9 about 9 years ago then I had a BMW 135i until about 4 years ago then I bought a 93 Supra and had that for about 2 years now into the c63 world.

Roswell 03-28-2017 08:32 PM

^U will love this torque monster.. After 7 years, I still get that smile every time I cold start the car & stump on the gas pedal

Andrew33 03-28-2017 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Roswell (Post 7098869)
^U will love this torque monster.. After 7 years, I still get that smile every time I cold start the car & stump on the gas pedal

Yeah my first test drive this car hooked me lol. After I had to sell my Supra for personal reasons I got a motorcycle and the wife hasn't stopped giving me **** since I got it so needless to say I made the deal that I'll get rid of it but I'm getting something good and here I am! Lol

hyperion667 03-29-2017 07:15 AM

Time for WHEELS! :)

chrisridebike8 03-29-2017 11:09 AM

Pics of the Supra? I love a good 2JZ.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7099408)
Pics of the Supra? I love a good 2JZ.

Sure. Here you go. Please guys don't make me regret selling it again. Lol.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...cbb4b2f4b2.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a7582dfdd3.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...de3e86576b.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...36362ac7d7.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5cfc517560.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2b700b103b.jpg

tpliquid 03-29-2017 11:53 AM

was the engine overnighted from japan?

Andrew33 03-29-2017 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by tpliquid (Post 7099460)
was the engine overnighted from japan?

Just the parts guy. Get it right. Lol.

SuperFastYo 03-29-2017 12:02 PM

why the f**k would you sell that thing???????

Savien 03-29-2017 12:03 PM

I went to check out that same exact C63 you just bought at Imperial Highline about a year ago. I'm surprised hes had it on the lot for such a long time.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Savien (Post 7099471)
I went to check out that same exact C63 you just bought at Imperial Highline about a year ago. I'm surprised hes had it on the lot for such a long time.

Oh wow really? Nice. Apparently they took it off the lot but left it on the website while the owners wife drove it for the past year.

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7099470)
why the f**k would you sell that thing???????

As I said above...personal reasons.

Jben63 03-29-2017 12:20 PM

Well said! 👍

Andrew33 03-29-2017 01:58 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ca42ba2a1e.jpg
Was just looking at other pictures I took. There's no insulation under the hood...what do u guys think?

SuperFastYo 03-29-2017 02:09 PM

what reason would there be to remove the hood insulation???

Andrew33 03-29-2017 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7099636)
what reason would there be to remove the hood insulation???

i have no damn clue. I'm freaking out since I'm supposed to be picking this car up tomorrow. Thinking it might've been in an accident meanwhile the carfax is clean.

Solo wing 03-29-2017 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099638)
i have no damn clue. I'm freaking out since I'm supposed to be picking this car up tomorrow. Thinking it might've been in an accident meanwhile the carfax is clean.

Congrats on the purchase!
Maybe they removed the insulation to get more sound out of the engine :nix:
IMO it's not a big deal:
http://www.mbpartsworld.com/p/Merced...046820226.html

http://www.mbpartsworld.com/p/Merced...046820626.html

Andrew33 03-29-2017 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Solo wing (Post 7099655)
Congrats on the purchase!
Maybe they removed the insulation to get more sound out of the engine :nix:
IMO it's not a big deal:
http://www.mbpartsworld.com/p/Merced...046820226.html

http://www.mbpartsworld.com/p/Merced...046820626.html

with the top grille piece missing and no insulation it's freaking me out. I'm waiting for the dealer to let me know.

Jben63 03-29-2017 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099638)

I'm also curious to why the insulation is not present. Their could have been some sort of front end work done and still not reported on Carfax. Could of got it done privately and not through insurance work. My C63 had a clean 1 owner carfax and realized there was some sort of body work/minor accident on the front end. I'm OCD and as I was cleaning my car and noticed there was a dry not properly cleared and buffed polished area below the fog grill area. Which is a sign of not a fully completed paint job. Good news is my mom runs a car dealership and has solid ties to MB, and paint & body shops. So I'm getting the whole front end redone and a clear bra as well as a hood alignment to sit flush with front bumper. Just don't mess around and not get warranty and you'll be good. IMO

SuperFastYo 03-29-2017 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099659)
with the top grille piece missing and no insulation it's freaking me out. I'm waiting for the dealer to let me know.

That is an odd coincidence. and its not difficult to avoid having something reported to carfax

Jben63 03-29-2017 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7099662)
That is an odd coincidence. and its not difficult to avoid having something reported to carfax

Exactly

Solo wing 03-29-2017 02:32 PM

So there is no insulation, missing grill piece and non tinted -AMG - headlights. Aren't all C63s supposed to have the dark headlights? Never seen any with the clear ones.

SuperFastYo 03-29-2017 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Solo wing (Post 7099666)
So there is no insulation, missing grill piece and non tinted -AMG - headlights. Aren't all C63s supposed to have the dark headlights? Never seen any with the clear ones.

only for the lighting package. regular is just chrome

Jben63 03-29-2017 02:35 PM

Oh there is a missing grill piece also? I didn't read or notice that. Well their you go... Probably had front end work done which explains the missing piece off the grill and no insulation for hood and just not reported and just not 100% repaired. But 99.9% repaired. But who knows....

SuperFastYo 03-29-2017 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jben63 (Post 7099672)
Oh there is a missing grill piece also? I didn't read or notice that. Well their you go... Probably had front end work done which explains the missing piece off the grill and no insulation for hood and just not reported and just not 100% repaired. But 99.9% repaired. But who knows....

probably some rinky dink shop repaired it half ass. I'd nope the f**k out.

Jben63 03-29-2017 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7099677)
probably some rinky dink shop repaired it half ass. I'd nope the f**k out.

Maybe.....? But I guess if the price is right and can get an extended warranty I don't see this being to big of an issue. Possibly can order the insulation and get that done and then get the grill handled which I dont think will be that hard to do. Idk but I'm just assuming. Then with warranty you should be golden.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jben63 (Post 7099683)
Maybe.....? But I guess if the price is right and can get an extended warranty I don't see this being to big of an issue. Possibly can order the insulation and get that done and then get the grill handled which I dont think will be that hard to do. Idk but I'm just assuming. Then with warranty you should be golden.

Yeah but if this car hard major front end damage I wouldn't want that. Is there any way for me to tell if the hood is the original?

Jben63 03-29-2017 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099684)
Yeah but if this car hard major front end damage I wouldn't want that. Is there any way for me to tell if the hood is the original?

There may be some sort of serial numbers engraved or factory stickers under the Hood.. I believe the struts have MB logos on them. I would go to the garage and look and tell you but as I stated in an earlier post my 63 is getting front end resprayed as we speak. Maybe someone else could reply and put you in the right direction on the Hood?

SuperFastYo 03-29-2017 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099684)

short of taking the bumper off idk how you could tell. But if you got the bumper off you could inspect the frame. Also check if the hoses are newer than they should be. Substantial damage to the front end of a car like this is probably gonna screw it up. It would suck to be upside down in a car you JUST bought.

Jben63 03-29-2017 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7099697)
short of taking the bumper off idk how you could tell. But if you got the bumper off you could inspect the frame. Also check if the hoses are newer than they should be. Substantial damage to the front end of a car like this is probably gonna screw it up. It would suck to be upside down in a car you JUST bought.

Good point... At the end of the day go with your gut. If it doesn't feel right then wait and look for another 63 elsewhere for which you feel all bases are covered. I was looking for a 63 for months to come into sight by me locally, and I continuously looked for the right one before pulling the trigger and my gut telling me this is the one. So if you feel something is off on it. Then maybe that's the be patient for the next one calling your attention. IMO

Andrew33 03-29-2017 03:21 PM

Yeah, I just decided not to get the car. Dealer is being very shady now. They have no answers for me. The pictures on their website have the car with the grille in tact. So when i asked about that they apparently didn't know. So the story was the owner's wife drove it for the last year or so. So i asked to speak with the owner and he would not get on the phone with me. Anyone that is in the market for a c63 that sees this thread BEWARE of Imperial Highline in Manassas, VA!!!! I don't have a good feeling about the car anyone. THIS SUCKS!!!

Solo wing 03-29-2017 03:39 PM

Sorry mate, it's probably for the best. Plenty of 63s out there.
Good luck.

AMG3.2 03-29-2017 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099749)
Yeah, I just decided not to get the car. Dealer is being very shady now. They have no answers for me. The pictures on their website have the car with the grille in tact. So when i asked about that they apparently didn't know. So the story was the owner's wife drove it for the last year or so. So i asked to speak with the owner and he would not get on the phone with me. Anyone that is in the market for a c63 that sees this thread BEWARE of Imperial Highline in Manassas, VA!!!! I don't have a good feeling about the car anyone. THIS SUCKS!!!

Good for you. The minute the dealer starts becoming shady, run.

Jben63 03-29-2017 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099749)

Good news for you is there are more C63 looking for a good owner that isn't being sold by shady people. Be patient and keep looking for the right one for you at the right price and that is taken care of etc. Good luck!

SuperFastYo 03-29-2017 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by AMG3.2 (Post 7099765)
Good for you. The minute the dealer starts becoming shady, run.

Literally the best advice when going to a dealership. Too many people put on blinders because they're impatient or too in love with the car.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 7099801)
Literally the best advice when going to a dealership. Too many people put on blinders because they're impatient or too in love with the car.

Exactly what was happening with me man. I can't thank you all enough for helping me out through this. If it wasn't for the guy who pointed out the top grille piece missing idk if this would've been caught. Needless to say i am now back in the hunt for a c63 lol. Hopefully something will come along sooner than later!

CarHopper 03-29-2017 04:32 PM

Glad you're passing on it. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, there was something fishy from the beginning with what was wrong with it and I could smell the shade from a mile away.

Also, wait for a car to come along with the headlight package (the dark housings). You'll appreciate that. Performance pack doesn't really matter as you can just tune it. Other than that, try to find one with an LSD.

Again, don't let the miles scare you away from a car. And also keep an eye on the classifieds here. PFL C63's pop up often.

Going forward, just use this thread to post up cars you're interested in and we'll give you our 2 cents. If you need someone to check out a car for you from Buffalo to Syracuse let me know and I'll swing out. There is one at a dealer that I've bought some cars from (760i, c63, p911, x5, and a Ford) but I think it has high miles and headers located in Geneva NY.

Patience is key.

Roswell 03-29-2017 04:43 PM

Sorry to hear the turn of events, but look at it the right way.. With the help of members here, u probably saved urself some headaches in the long run.

The headlights & rear bumper would be a big no no for me, but really is a matter of how picky the buyer is & the price of the car.

Good luck in ur search! This thread has turned out to be very entertaining afterall. Lol

Andrew33 03-29-2017 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7099815)
Glad you're passing on it. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, there was something fishy from the beginning with what was wrong with it and I could smell the shade from a mile away.

Also, wait for a car to come along with the headlight package (the dark housings). You'll appreciate that. Performance pack doesn't really matter as you can just tune it. Other than that, try to find one with an LSD.

Again, don't let the miles scare you away from a car. And also keep an eye on the classifieds here. PFL C63's pop up often.

Going forward, just use this thread to post up cars you're interested in and we'll give you our 2 cents. If you need someone to check out a car for you from Buffalo to Syracuse let me know and I'll swing out. There is one at a dealer that I've bought some cars from (760i, c63, p911, x5, and a Ford) but I think it has high miles and headers located in Geneva NY.

Patience is key.

Yeah man you were right from the beginning and i just want the car so much that i was settling. I'm so happy i didn't get further into this. I'm gonna check out a 2013 tomorrow afternoon but i doubt i will be getting it since the price is out of my range. If you guys see anything just let me know I'm constantly searching as well.

CarHopper 03-29-2017 05:18 PM

Do you care if the car is modded? Or are you looking for an unmodified car?

Jben63 03-29-2017 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099825)
Yeah man you were right from the beginning and i just want the car so much that i was settling. I'm so happy i didn't get further into this. I'm gonna check out a 2013 tomorrow afternoon but i doubt i will be getting it since the price is out of my range. If you guys see anything just let me know I'm constantly searching as well.

If you have the option I would shoot for FL C63 since they are getting slightly cheaper as time goes on and IMO has better styling and has many of the kinks worked out of it over the PFL from what I have heard. What is your price range? I have a friend who specializes in AMG sales. He gets them pre market and sells them to many MB dealers that then certifies them afterwards. Many of the high end dealerships local to me purchase from him directly as well and then the dealer lists them with the normal 15%-20% dealer mark up. I can put a word in for you if u like. For example he just sold an acquaintance of mine a 2013 Coupe with CF interior, renntech stage 1, and 38k miles that he got for $32k. What he sold it to him for idk. But I know what he gets the cars for because we have that kind of relationship. But this route of course you would have to bring your own financing. Just let me know.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7099858)
Do you care if the car is modded? Or are you looking for an unmodified car?

I prefer unmodded but an exhaust or something wouldn't turn me away. I definitely want the exterior to be fairly stock because I want to do the styling myself.

Originally Posted by Jben63 (Post 7099878)
If you have the option I would shoot for FL C63 since they are getting slightly cheaper as time goes on and IMO has better styling and has many of the kinks worked out of it over the PFL from what I have heard. What is your price range? I have a friend who specializes in AMG sales. He gets them pre market and sells them to many MB dealers that then certifies them afterwards. Many of the high end dealerships local to me purchase from him directly as well and then the dealer lists them with the normal 15%-20% dealer mark up. I can put a word in for you if u like. For example he just sold an acquaintance of mine a 2013 Coupe with CF interior, renntech stage 1, and 38k miles that he got for $32k. What he sold it to him for idk. But I know what he gets the cars for because we have that kind of relationship. But this route of course you would have to bring your own financing. Just let me know.

I want a 2011(as long as it is out of the affected headbolt range) or a 2012 sedan. My budget is 40k with tax included and I know mileage isn't that much of an issue with these cars but I want it to be under 40k. Please put the word in and let me know. I already got approved through chase for a finance but idk if that was exclusive to that dealer or not.

Jben63 03-29-2017 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jben63 (Post 7099878)

Let me see what I can do for you. If you got pre-approved from Chase at the dealerships lending source you'll have to re-apply for a new loan on your own at whatever bank/credit u choose that gives you the best Interest rate etc. I'll throw a text to him and see what he can come up with or if he has something in what you want, and if there is something your interested in I'll pass his info to you and two can talk and go from there. Your budget Is healthy for a lot of pre owned C63. I got my 1 owner 2012 Sedan with 46k miles in near mint condition with 4 year extended warranty/125kmiles for $43k in change out the door. So shouldn't be to hard to find a good one out there. I'll let you know.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jben63 (Post 7099902)
Let me see what I can do for you. If you got pre-approved from Chase at the dealerships lending source you'll have to re-apply for a new loan on your own at whatever bank/credit u choose that gives you the best Interest rate etc. I'll throw a text to him and see what he can come up with or if he has something in what you want, and if there is something your interested in I'll pass his info to you and two can talk and go from there. Your budget Is healthy for a lot of pre owned C63. I got my 1 owner 2012 Sedan with 46k miles in near mint condition with 4 year extended warranty/125kmiles for $43k in change out the door. So shouldn't be to hard to find a good one out there. I'll let you know.

Ok thanks a lot man i appreciate it.

Jben63 03-29-2017 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099905)
Ok thanks a lot man i appreciate it.

👍

Jben63 03-29-2017 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jben63 (Post 7099907)
👍

I text him he replied immediately and said he has a coupe. But that isn't what you want so I told him to look for me as a favor he said he would so I'll let u know when I know something further. 👍

Andrew33 03-29-2017 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jben63 (Post 7099946)
I text him he replied immediately and said he has a coupe. But that isn't what you want so I told him to look for me as a favor he said he would so I'll let u know when I know something further. 👍

Ahh ok what's the details on the coupe? Doesn't hurt to check it out lol.

Jben63 03-29-2017 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7099951)
Ahh ok what's the details on the coupe? Doesn't hurt to check it out lol.

2012 coupe 52k white black new tires $34000 is what he sent to me.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jben63 (Post 7099952)
2012 coupe 52k white black new tires $34000 is what he sent to me.

Ah ok I'll hold off on that...how often does he get other c63s?

Jben63 03-29-2017 07:20 PM

That's a great question. I honestly don't have the answer how he acquires his car. I'm assuming he doesn't give that out to not start competition. All I know is I see him all the time and he is always in a new AMG car he is either selling privately or handing over to a dealer locally.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jben63 (Post 7099963)
That's a great question. I honestly don't have the answer how he acquires his car. I'm assuming he doesn't give that out to not start competition. All I know is I see him all the time and he is always in a new AMG car he is either selling privately or handing over to a dealer locally.

Lol good for him. Hopefully something turns up soon! I want a car before the summer...

AMGonFire 03-29-2017 10:31 PM

Check auto check please. I bought a car with a clean carfax. Noticed some signs of an accident. Tried to trade in the car for somthing else. They ran auto check and it popped up frame damage.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by AMGonFire (Post 7100148)
Check auto check please. I bought a car with a clean carfax. Noticed some signs of an accident. Tried to trade in the car for somthing else. They ran auto check and it popped up frame damage.

I don't have a login for that site. Do you have one? If so the VIN is WDDGF7HB2BF554836.

Andrew33 03-29-2017 10:57 PM

This car was bought by this dealership at auction after it was returned from being leased as per the carfax. The salesman told me that the owner's wife has been driving it for the last year so my theory is that she smacked up the front end by hitting a tree or some fixed object and never reported it. Then they probably brought it one of their local friendly body shops and threw it together and put it up for sale.

triplezone 03-30-2017 09:41 PM

Hey guys I'm in the same boat and didn't want to start a new thread. I'm looking to grab a 2012 C63 in the next month or so. I've read every single thread under buying guide but just have a simple question:

Would any owners here have any apprehensions of picking up a C63 with 50kish miles? I'll have any prospective car inspected by a MB Master Tech before buying, but curious what you guys think just strictly based on miles.

Thanks and looking forward to being part of this community :)

(sorry for hijacking your thread OP!)

Jben63 03-30-2017 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by triplezone (Post 7101204)
Hey guys I'm in the same boat and didn't want to start a new thread. I'm looking to grab a 2012 C63 in the next month or so. I've read every single thread under buying guide but just have a simple question:

Would any owners here have any apprehensions of picking up a C63 with 50kish miles? I'll have any prospective car inspected by a MB Master Tech before buying, but curious what you guys think just strictly based on miles.

There is nothing wrong with picking up a C63 with 50k miles. That's usually the moment someone traded it in once the factory warranty has gone up and usually you'll become the second owner and getting the car at a great price. If the car was taken care of and has service records and on time maintenance there isn't any reason the car won't last tell 100k + and beyond as long as you then take care of the car. As I have stated in an earlier post get an extended warranty as it will probably come in handy more then once or don't at your own risk and expense. I picked mine up at 46k miles and the car is solid as new and was meticulously taken care of.

CarHopper 03-30-2017 11:16 PM

This actually goes well with this thread as the OP has some reservations about buying a higher mileage C63. 50k isn't high at all for these cars. If it were me buying it I would go drive it, make sure everything sounded and felt right, then buy it and flush / replace all fluids then be worry free for many many miles to come.

Andrew33 03-30-2017 11:57 PM

No problem man! Good u posted you'll get great info here. These guys are great! Post pics of the car and these guys will check it out they saved me from buying a crashed car.

This happened today guys!!!!https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...65198e791a.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...82233dcb31.jpg

CarHopper 03-31-2017 12:13 AM

Did you buy it? If so, good move. Especially being a facelift. Details?

Jben63 03-31-2017 12:17 AM

👍👌👏👏👏👏👏 Congratulations! We are twins on the white/black option. Looks great!

Andrew33 03-31-2017 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7101300)
Did you buy it? If so, good move. Especially being a facelift. Details?

Yup! Took her home tonight. It's a 2013 CPO with 34k miles. Picked her up for $40,500 plus tax and DMV stuff. Dude I was so set on the pre FL until I saw this car I knew it was the one. It's literally immaculate.

BLKROKT 03-31-2017 08:06 AM

Nice work :y

triplezone 03-31-2017 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7101451)
Nice work :y

Warms my heart :D

Adi-Benz 03-31-2017 08:31 AM

Congrats! Best color combo!

SuperFastYo 03-31-2017 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7101306)
Yup! Took her home tonight. It's a 2013 CPO with 34k miles. Picked her up for $40,500 plus tax and DMV stuff. Dude I was so set on the pre FL until I saw this car I knew it was the one. It's literally immaculate.

damn, patience really paid off :y

CarHopper 03-31-2017 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7101306)

Good for you. You absolutely made the right choice here and that car will last you for years and years. It also sounds like you got a fair to good price. Well done.

Keep us updated and if you need anything just ask. Remember though, use the search button first :rolf:

Andrew33 03-31-2017 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7101529)
Good for you. You absolutely made the right choice here and that car will last you for years and years. It also sounds like you got a fair to good price. Well done.

Keep us updated and if you need anything just ask. Remember though, use the search button first :rolf:

Hahaha thanks man! Well I'm hesitant to ask but the only thing I need to fix on the car is there's a rock chip in the driver side b pillar trim. I'm pretty sure I have the right part number of 2046902587 after using the SEARCH function lmao. Any recommendations on where to order from?

chrisridebike8 03-31-2017 11:42 AM

Congrats! Definitely a better car than that silver one. Have fun and don't let the mod bug bite too hard.

saint13 03-31-2017 12:53 PM

Nice purchase OP! FL was a great call. Glad you dodged the bullet with that silver one and found this one so quickly.

INS1GNIA 03-31-2017 02:41 PM

Very nice, enjoy it!!

Roswell 03-31-2017 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7101289)
No problem man! Good u posted you'll get great info here. These guys are great! Post pics of the car and these guys will check it out they saved me from buying a crashed car.

This happened today guys!!!!https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...65198e791a.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...82233dcb31.jpg

She is a beauty Andrew!! Congrats on the find!! Let the modding begins.. Wheels, lowering first pls lol

Andrew33 04-12-2017 05:48 PM

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead guys....

So I had my friend who's a mechanic look over the car for me and he found that the passenger side valve cover gasket was sweating. So I brought it back the the dealer immediately and they called me just before to tell me that they found a hairline crack in the valve cover and replaced it. Has anyone heard of this happening? This car is CPO should I be trying to make them take the car back? What do you guys think?

Jasonoff 04-12-2017 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew33 (Post 7114172)
This car is CPO should I be trying to make them take the car back?

Why? The problem was fixed...

Roswell 04-12-2017 06:20 PM

I wouldn't sweat since its been fixed. Plus I doubt u can return a car for smth like this.

Andrew33 04-12-2017 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Roswell (Post 7114205)
I wouldn't sweat since its been fixed. Plus I doubt u can return a car for smth like this.

Yeah im just nervous about the car being problematic now I'm just paranoid. Have any of you guys seen this problem at all?

Vladds 04-12-2017 07:36 PM

Those are Aluminum bolts. If someone replaced one of them with a steel bolt, that could cause the crack. The dealer would have replaced the bolts with OEM ones if they found one that was different, or so one would hope.

Andrew33 04-12-2017 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Vladds (Post 7114295)
Those are Aluminum bolts. If someone replaced one of them with a steel bolt, that could cause the crack. The dealer would have replaced the bolts with OEM ones if they found one that was different, or so one would hope.

Yeah I'm honestly not sure it's very strange I don't have a photo of the crack but this is a pic of the obvious sweating from the valve coverhttps://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7ce50d4dde.jpg

Alex.currie44 04-12-2017 08:45 PM

I wish mine was a CPO car. Relax and enjoy the thing. Worry about what might happen when the CPO warranty expires. By then you will know every sound and be fully confident in the car.

BLKROKT 04-12-2017 08:47 PM

A valve cover crack is not a big deal. It's not some sort of an indication of a bigger problem. It just is what it is. Don't worry about it. Not everything is perfect. Sometimes things just break for no reason.

Vladds 04-13-2017 08:25 AM

You have the plastic calve covers. Pfl we have the Magnesium ones. What I posted doesn't apply to you.