MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   What happened to the DIY headers thread? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/661458-what-happened-diy-headers-thread.html)

BLKROKT 04-03-2017 10:16 PM

What happened to the DIY headers thread?

Interesting threads keep disappearing. Weird. :nix:

Jasonoff 04-03-2017 10:21 PM

Dis one? :nix:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...s-pixxxxx.html

CarHopper 04-03-2017 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7104897)

No, different one. Recent. He was saying how he was going to make a set of his own headers and was seeing if anyone else would be interested in buying some when he was done.

BLKROKT 04-03-2017 10:27 PM

No the one that started last week with the guy who was going to make his own set with the help of his welder friend

Jasonoff 04-03-2017 10:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry but innovating your own **** personally and sharing with members by non vendors are not allowed. Thank you.

Jason

mr747 04-03-2017 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7104906)
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry but innovating your own **** personally and sharing with members by non vendors are not allowed. Thank you.

Jason

LOL might as-well shut the place down

AMGonFire 04-03-2017 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7104906)
Hi everyone,

Jason

thats BS

chrisridebike8 04-03-2017 11:37 PM

BLKROKT, you must be banned by now. How could you tell us how to make our own adjustable endlinks and cut your bumper and push the envelope.

Mods, please ban!

I'm starting to hate this place...

BLKROKT 04-04-2017 07:27 AM

MBW gets worse every day. Cool helpful innovative threads get shut down (HMS) or deleted (as I'm assuming happened with headers guy), while the rest of the forum is overrun on a daily basis by hordes of raging retards asking every stupid repetitive spammy question that you could ever have here. The mods turn a blind eye to the degradation of the forum quality due to that, and let the schit behavior continue with no warnings or bans or deletions, yet when there's some cool content posted by a member and there's even the slightest whiff that someday they might sell their idea, it gets deleted? If I decide to sell radiator blockoff plates or adjustable endlinks out of my house for no commercial gain - at cost just to help other members get something that is unavailable on the market - am I going to get banned next? Isn't that what this place is for - to share information and find creative solutions for members and their problems? What's even the point of this place anymore.

First of all, the headers guy hadn't even started building them, he didn't even have materials. Secondly, he was just floating the idea if anyone was interested. He still could have become a vendor someday, but he had ZERO COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS right now. And the HMS fenders thread was one of the most helpful threads on here in years. It's ridiculous that was shut down. Those fenders are just not available for 99.9% of members, and ErnstVBauer helped people out by setting up clearing and customs through his commercial accounts, and coordinating delivery and everything. I doubt he made a cent doing all that. How is he a threat to anyone when no vendor sells it and he's not making money doing it? :nix:

What is with this place? The admin mentality is so smallball shortsighted here. The forum is getting ruined every day for a number of really fcking obvious reasons that are being totally ignored. A couple of members making stuff in their garages or helping other members obtain product that is simply not even available from any vendor here - well those ain't the problems. This is why the valuable people (aka content creators, not 5th-hand 20yo idiot owners asking the same ****ing stupid questions over and over again without searching or reading the FAQ that we THE MEMBERS demanded for a minute) to a forum/brand just eventually get fed up with this schit and go away. And then the downward spiral accelerates. Is that what the admins want?

Jasonoff 04-04-2017 08:32 AM

Mechanically inclined members who can help others just don't see the value in helping anymore...

Oh and..

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7105072)
If I decide to sell radiator blockoff plates or adjustable endlinks out of my house for no commercial gain - at cost just to help other members get something that is unavailable on the market - am I going to get banned next?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry but selling custom parts at cost by non vendors are not allowed. Thank you.

Boob

Mort 04-04-2017 10:19 AM

I don't think Hzaa3x is banned but his thread is gone. Maybe he will let us know how it is going. Maybe Andy from MHP sent him a threatening letter not to produce 4 in 1 collector LTHs or MBH is worried about more competition on the board. Maybe even Auto Talent complained...lol.

Whatever we all know it is a downright shame. It happened recently to that thread Ernst was working on as well. :nix:

IBowlC63AMG 04-04-2017 10:31 AM

wow this forum is becoming low key ass! a lot of helpful threads and users!! very knowledgeable folks.. yet most of the threads since ive been apart(1 yr and some change) of here dramtically turned into a bunch of the same dumb ass questions... even the stickies "titles" arent labeled anymore in their respective categories... i hope we can clean this up and this forum goes back to what made me enjoy it in the first place

iShootYou 04-04-2017 10:40 AM

WOW!

So then what is the point of this forum? I've been a car enthusiast for years and worked on many different platforms from civic's, evo's, bmw's, mercedes... and am a member of countless forums, not allowing a member for the community to share his/her ideas to push the community forward is stupid af.

The entire purpose of the forum is to help other c63 owners share ideas, overcome hurdles, and move the community forward. This is something very common in every other car community and this is the exact reason why Mercedes vehicles has extremely limited limited support when it comes to doing unique and exciting things.

C63fora2w1 04-04-2017 11:01 AM

Do you think MBH had anything to do with it ? Last I saw they had chimed in to justify their costs.

CarHopper 04-04-2017 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mort (Post 7105209)
I don't think Hzaa3x is banned but his thread is gone. Maybe he will let us know how it is going. Maybe Andy from MHP sent him a threatening letter not to produce 4 in 1 collector LTHs or MBH is worried about more competition on the board. Maybe even Auto Talent complained...lol.

Whatever we all know it is a downright shame. It happened recently to that thread Ernst was working on as well. :nix:

He's not banned, just his thread was removed because he stood a chance (admittedly a very small one with the direction he was going) to have headers he'd sell to people without lining the forum's pockets first.

Cmon, if you're not going to bend a single pipe and just cut and weld straight pipes together 100 times to get the shape you want nobody is going to buy it. I figure a car forum admin could at least understand that but at least let us watch it unfold and contact him if you don't want him to sell it without a piece of the pie.

Modio1234 04-04-2017 11:23 AM

I feel it was wrongfully taken down. Yes he said he might sell then but he never said he was going to advertise on the fourms about it or sell them on the fourms. He actually made it very clear he had no intentions of selling it at that moment by not even giving a rough estimate of what it would cost. i saw that post as a build log and even though i dont have a w204 i was interested to see how it came out. All i see is a cash grab and it looks like this fourm is just turning into a large advertisement and nobody can talk about anything unless they paid the fourms first.

Patel 04-04-2017 11:38 AM

Opened the thread thinking it was a nice troll thread of the what happened to HMS thread...but am actually disappointed its not a troll and about the community degrading.

Heres to hoping we can actually have a community to organise and develop our own shi+. Even if its not approved by a vendor, that shouldn't be the basis of if a thread exist.

Maybe we need our own community mods? I feel like they would curate these forums and delete shi++y 'thinking about buying a c63, what should I know' threads that pop up every day.

-Patel

BLKROKT 04-04-2017 12:43 PM

You know, the Nazis started by shutting down internet forum discussion. Just sayin.

AutoTalent 04-04-2017 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mort (Post 7105209)

Definitely not complaining here. I love when people come up with different products that can be cheaper for the community. At the end of the day i'm an enthusiast as well and have been on automotive forums since 2005.

AMG3.2 04-04-2017 01:37 PM

This is ridiculous. Really pissing me off.

xKryptonite 04-04-2017 02:04 PM

This is just killing innovation and educating those who are learning (and finally having something new coming to this *sort of* dead sub forum. Shouldn't the mods bring back the thread? I'm sure they see the demand of people wanting the project to keep going and learn more about it.

Savage-wp 04-04-2017 04:26 PM

Very disappointed in this decision by the mods.
I was actually following the exhaust thread with interest as I was keen to see what they could produce.

Savage-wp 04-04-2017 04:27 PM

I think I can get Blkrokt banned. I want to buy a set of your end links. :)

CarHopper 04-04-2017 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7105696)
I think I can get Blkrokt banned. I want to buy a set of your end links. :)

I like this guy :rolf:

Group buy?

AMG3.2 04-04-2017 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Savage-wp (Post 7105695)
Very disappointed in this decision by the mods.
I was actually following the exhaust thread with interest as I was keen to see what they could produce.

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 7105699)
I like this guy :rolf:

Group buy?

+1 I want to purchase 10 sets of your end links.

#banned