Finally in a C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 02:21 AM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by brad65ford
Tune install update:

The guys over at Eurocharged are quick and seem to be really on top of the turn around for me. Installed the tune and drove around town for an hour. Freaking love the car even more so now, wow! Can surely feel the difference from this V6 tune shift feels no different not sure if its suppose to, throttle blips on down shifts seem perfect too! looking forward in going back to the dyno to see what difference as well as air fuel.

One issue though, as much as I'd like to ignore the pinging I just can't. Spoke with Jeremy over at Eurocharged about the low gearing full throttle pinging its doing. He confirmed I'm using 93 octane here in FL. Funny how this car doesn't ping under heavy load high gear similar to other older cars I use to tune would ping. Did some searching and it seems I'm not alone and this does happen to others when doing a tune. Jeremy also mentioned they do not change the timing which I believe but there is something else going on in the change to cause this. I'm assuming it's a/f related? Anyway if anyone has been through this or has any advice please let me hear it.
If it is pinging, ask Jeremy if they can pull a degree or 2 of timing to eliminate the pinging.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:35 AM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
2020GLC63
Thanks Savage-wp, did just that most likely have to wait till next week till they are back at work. Looking forward in getting rid of that pinging. Wondering how difficult it is to supercharge this motor with it pinging already in NA or is it just the tune condition.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:05 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
2020GLC63
Update: Got a new tune from Eurocharger (nice guys) and pinging is gone, believe i could have had bad gas or wrong (90 octane) or to much oil in the sump from the oil change since i didn't remove the cooler oil as well. Regardless she's running great and loving her. Did a few other things like cabin filter and cleaned inlet drivers side air filter (metal mesh thing under driver side lower panel). Also thought i was in for a major dash take apart job to replace the dog-bone part for the tilt steering. Turns out i could access the drive unit underneath to which I could see it was just stuck and not allowing it to move. Ended up using an adjustable wrench and eventually it started to work again. Now i have tilt up and down :-) , but there is some play in the tilt (up and down) if you really push up on the wheel. Wondering if that is standard (doubt it) or something just worn out. Anyway now its time for brakes since she needs them (any suggestions are welcome). Are stock replacement brakes and pads fine? Then I would like to address the suspension, i believe the sway bar's and shocks should be replaced with something better, springs seem fine and strong. I've attached a photo of the stock stance or what's stock to me. Don't think its been lowered guys do you? Can't believe how low it is if this is stock like the rest of the car is. All i know is i'm dieing to install some 19" rims and some bigger meats on the back!

Finally in a C63 AMG-c63-20stock-20height.jpg

Last edited by brad65ford; 04-25-2017 at 04:13 PM.