C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2013 C63 NOT STARTED IN 8 MONTHS -- Tow or drive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by larrypmyers
This, above, along with the provocative picture and the childish, insulting and problematic narrative below the picture in your narrative block is a display of the utmost hypocrisy.

Who in hell pee'd in your cornflakes this morning? Go for a drive and find your sense of humour. We get enough BS and political correctness on line and on TV to fill forty life times a day. Just the guys having a bit a fun for crying out loud.
The following users liked this post:
604 C63 (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by larrypmyers
This, above, along with the provocative picture and the childish, insulting and problematic narrative below the picture in your narrative block is a display of the utmost hypocrisy.
Super hot pic. From the late 40's, early 50's. Wildly provocative.
Terribly problematic narrative.

Let me explain that narrative for you, which is worded the way it is for the sake of alliteration.

I am 52 years old.
I come from an area and a slice of the socio-economic spectrum fraught with addiction, violence, racism and misogyny.
Many, many, many of my friends and neighbours have lost their lives (both literally and figuratively) to those issues.
I have a grade 9 education from a school so bad they closed it down cos it couldn't be fixed. No one in my family has ever been afforded
the opportunity or possibility of a post secondary education. From that I have cleaned up my life, raised myself up and out,
and built a solid professional career. I am 17 years clean and sober, with a happy 20 year marriage and two gifted children. I've put
my wife through university for a masters degree; she is now a teacher, and we have put our kids in the best private schools available.
I am providing them with a better life and a happier home than I could ever have dreamed of, and Im thankful for that.
I have walked away from all the old ways of life that I have known, and my two remaining indulgences, wicked and wild as they are,
are owning far too many bbq's and driving a hot car.
I don't intend to take **** from people around me for not being a vegan Prius driver.
I DO intend to have a bit of a sense of humour about it, and my signature is part of that.
I think this is far more explanation than I am obliged to provide, but I see your point and so I have provided an explanation -
that those statements represent a badge of honour for me.
If you want to be uptight about that, or the 70 year old artwork, or any other aspect of this then thats up to you.

I do not chase women.
I do not drink.
I do not use drugs.
I DO BBQ.
I DO drive a Benz.
I AM proud of all of these things.

This could be my signature, but it wouldnt be nearly as fun, and I am here for fun.

Have a great day.

Last edited by 604 C63; 01-28-2018 at 06:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Alex.currie44 (01-28-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 73 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Super hot pic. From the late 40's, early 50's. Wildly provocative.
Terribly problematic narrative.

Let me explain that narrative for you, which is worded the way it is for the sake of alliteration.

I am 52 years old.
I come from an area and a slice of the socio-economic spectrum fraught with addiction, violence, racism and misogyny.
Many, many, many of my friends and neighbours have lost their lives (both literally and figuratively) to those issues.
I have a grade 9 education from a school so bad they closed it down cos it couldn't be fixed. No one in my family has ever been afforded
the opportunity or possibility of a post secondary education. From that I have cleaned up my life, raised myself up and out,
and built a solid professional career. I am 17 years clean and sober, with a happy 20 year marriage and two gifted children. I've put
my wife through university for a masters degree; she is now a teacher, and we have put our kids in the best private schools available.
I am providing them with a better life and a happier home than I could ever have dreamed of, and Im thankful for that.
I have walked away from all the old ways of life that I have known, and my two remaining indulgences, wicked and wild as they are,
are owning far too many bbq's and driving a hot car.
I don't intend to take **** from people around me for not being a vegan Prius driver.
I DO intend to have a bit of a sense of humour about it, and my signature is part of that.
I think this is far more explanation than I am obliged to provide, but I see your point and so I have provided an explanation -
that those statements represent a badge of honour for me.
If you want to be uptight about that, or the 70 year old artwork, or any other aspect of this then thats up to you.

I do not chase women.
I do not drink.
I do not use drugs.
I DO BBQ.
I DO drive a Benz.
I AM proud of all of these things.

This could be my signature, but it wouldnt be nearly as fun, and I am here for fun.

Have a great day.
You should go write a novel
Old 01-29-2018, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by MTV10
You should go write a novel
Don't know if Im a novelist, but I'm not a hypocrite.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:10 PM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
If it makes the OP feel any better...I too live in Chicago and my car has been garaged (unheated) for almost three months. Saturday was in the upper 40's, streets were clean and I went for a 30 minute drive. She fired right up, and I had a blast. I also ran through all the systems (like the AC) just to get them circulating. Three months, eight months that shouldn't make a huge difference. I did notice that it took a while for the tires to warm up though.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by pbaylog
If it makes the OP feel any better...I too live in Chicago and my car has been garaged (unheated) for almost three months. Saturday was in the upper 40's, streets were clean and I went for a 30 minute drive. She fired right up, and I had a blast. I also ran through all the systems (like the AC) just to get them circulating. Three months, eight months that shouldn't make a huge difference. I did notice that it took a while for the tires to warm up though.
Ive done pretty similar temps for about the same period of time, parked on the street. Not an issue, never even gave it much thought til later lol.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Oh man, I didn't mean to start any problems here
Just charging up the battery now, will give it a crank by tomorrow

Should I expect any black exhaust or anything? Nothing is gonn blow up right!?

Thanks again for all the replies guys!