C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

500WHP C63 Edition 507 DYNO'ed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 01:02 PM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by arun.6ix
I said take a look because I think some clown here said let's see if eurocharged posts it and there it is. I'm going to run it on another dyno to see what I see get elsewhere.
OP, just calm down. No clown here, I mean, no one here is calling you a liar, no need to wave the dyno sheet in our faces. They are just saying (and I agree) 500whp is WAY TOO MUCH for your mods. The M156 engine has a limit, this is not a turbo'ed car that can reach +100whp with just a tune.

I'm assuming 2 things might be going on here, and it's gonna be a great find from EC, either a failure on their dyno or a marvelous new tune that will sell like a bottle of cold pepsi on the desert. I have absolute NO complains about Eurocharged (I'm actually running their tune and I liked very much the result). But I think it's just too good to be true.

Last edited by Vpatriota; 05-21-2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: some misspellin problesm
The following users liked this post:
604 C63 (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 01:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG Edition 507
Originally Posted by Vpatriota
OP, just calm down. No clown here, I mean, no one here is calling you a liar, no need to wave the dyno sheet in our faces. They are just saying (and I agree) 500whp is WAY TOO MUCH for your mods. The M156 engine has a limit, this is not a turbo'ed car that can reach +100whp with just a tune.

I'm assuming 2 things might be going on here, and it's gonna be a great find from EC, either a failure on their dyno or a marvelous new tune that will sell like a bottle of cold pepsi on the desert. I have absolute NO complains about Eurocharged (I'm actually running their tune and I liked very much of the result). But I think it's just too good to be true.
Thanks for the proper response. But ever since I posted it all I got was bashed and punked off like I'm some dumb kid. I've had Mercedes and tuned them for the last 13 years, I just never posted about it and I was not a member of this site.

And like I mentioned above I will take it to another dyno and probably to a dragway as well to see if the findings are accurate. It is 30-40whp above the norm and I see and know that.

Anyways it is what it is. If it's true then whoever punked me can run to eurocharged and get their fix and if it's not then I'm sorry for wasting your time.
jahquan3 (05-23-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
I've had Mercedes and tuned them for the last 13 years, I just never posted about it and I was not a member of this site.

And like I mentioned above I will take it to another dyno and probably to a dragway as well to see if the findings are accurate. It is 30-40whp above the norm and I see and know that.
Well, then in this portion here you have to see what the challenges are.
Someone whos never been heard from before shows up and posts 30-40hp above the norm is bound to get shouted down, and laughed at. In any forum.

Perhaps if you had given it the old "long time listener, first time caller" introduction and said "I know this seems awfully high, but Im gonna get it checked out, what do you guys think?" you may have gotten a better response. Your post was a far cry from that.

So I got my car DYNO'ed yesterday and am proud to say was the FIRST person to hit 500WHP with the mods I did on the car. The guys there were amazed with the numbers it pulled.

See first DYNO run to prove it. 448WHP bone stock and 500 WHP tuned.
See what I mean? Thats your whole post, in its entirety. You cant truly be surprised at our reaction.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG Edition 507
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Well, then in this portion here you have to see what the challenges are.
Someone whos never been heard from before shows up and posts 30-40hp above the norm is bound to get shouted down, and laughed at. In any forum.

Perhaps if you had given it the old "long time listener, first time caller" introduction and said "I know this seems awfully high, but Im gonna get it checked out, what do you guys think?" you may have gotten a better response. Your post was a far cry from that.See what I mean? Thats your whole post, in its entirety. You cant truly be surprised at our reaction.
You are right I took the wrong approach but I was excited to share with fellow forum members but the first response I got was this is bull**** "look at my 1000hp dyno, beat that" sounded like the story of the previous post of the guy carrying around his dyno in his pocket. But in any instance I agree with you despite certain people's behaviour.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
This aint the first time new guys have shown up spouting wild numbers, so thats a big part of it. You certainly have some of the right parties involved though, and no one will be happier if its true than the guys on this forum. We just need some more convincing is all.

Either way, welcome to the party lol. Always good to have another Canadian around here. Sorry we didnt get off to a more welcoming start.

PS. I think the 1000hp thing referred to there being no identifying info on that dyno chart. It could be off a Bugatti for all we know.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by Infiniti
I am not trying to hijack a thread or whatnot but i do have some input.

I enjoy reading the forum and some of you guys have the funniest responses. Allow me to throw myself in the fire pit.

here is my thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...o-results.html

I have had an E55 and a C63 prior to this E. this car felt great from second i got it, it just ran good. I may not be a full expert but i am not the biggest noob either. I went to real st because they have a good reputation and are really about posting times not dyno numbers. Dyno numbers as we all know mean nothing so i went there to use the dyno for what its meant to be used for, a tuning tool.The first two runs were on the shelf tune, first was 470hp 419tq after Jerry sent back 3 tunes (the car made more each time) it did 498 and i was ready to go home, im sure he could have squeezed a few more out of it.

470/475whp with my mods is pretty much around the mark give or take a few from what i've seen on the forum, car made more power with each file he sent over, same dyno in a 2-3 hr span, thats impossible?

Since i just got the car im always goofing off on the throttle hard, when i left the dyno i could INSTANTLY tell the difference in power, pretty much felt like i just put headers on again.

EC charged $100 an hour (2-3hrs is whats needed) and then you have to pay the dyno whatever they want. from first run until we were finished i picked up 28whp and 30tq. maybe it was the OBX LTH's?

500whp without at least a custom tune is tough to believe.Dyno's spit out big numbers everyday B
i love how my post goes unquestioned let alone the thread lolol
stock shelf tune and then the final number was the third flash jerry sent over.
SAE*

The OP and I are pretty much in the same boat with our magical tunes and unicorn M156's.

Forget the 500whp stuff, i am still laughing cause no one has questioned or scientifically dissected my post, thread or "claims"

470/475whp with my mods is pretty much around the mark give or take a few from data seen here on forum, my car made more power with each file he sent over, same dyno in a 2-3 hr span, thats impossible?

I posted my SAE and AFR and my runs were done at a more than reputable shop. sooooo?????

Something tells me there will be many people getting magical tunes and because every m156 and conditions will be different there will be different numbers and then the complaints and bla bla will happen.

haters will hate and all the negative nathans and forum scientist will continue to do their thing.

so im still waiting on the big men on campus whom have seen my thread and all my post on here give their expert opinion
Old 05-21-2017, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Dude. You are quoting yourself. That's kinda sad.
We see you. You really want in on this conversation. I get it.
But you do not have a straight stock baseline there which is my beef,
nor are you repping numbers as high when tuned.
BLKROKT (06-16-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
I love how Infiniti continues to post, even quoting himself....and no one really cares. Yes Infiniti, ooohhh, woooww, now go finish your capri sun.
BLKROKT (06-16-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
I love how Infiniti continues to post, even quoting himself....and no one really cares. Yes Infiniti, ooohhh, woooww, now go finish your capri sun.
If you read the last post, he is actually quoting himself where.....he quotes himself. Hes three layers deep in himself lol
INS1GNIA (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 04:09 PM

a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Dude. You are quoting yourself. That's kinda sad.
We see you. You really want in on this conversation. I get it.
But you do not have a straight stock baseline there which is my beef,
nor are you repping numbers as high when tuned.
want in on the convo? not entirely but its funny how everyone was quick to flame the OP but when i make valid points they all go conveniently ignored when the OP and i are pretty much in the same boat.

because i dont have a stock baseline that should mean everything? i thought we all agree that LTH, tune, filter cars put down 470 whp which is what i did and then after the magical tune 498 sooooooo? lolol

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA some of you guys are comical on here. i legit laughed. now just waiting on another few funny comments

mad you dont have a magical tune that picked up great power? im sure EC can help you out.

I'll take the car to the track and post up the trap/times. but i am in florida with awful humidity and weather, like dynos some tracks are "happy"

Last edited by Infiniti; 05-21-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
so im still waiting on the big men on campus whom have seen my thread and all my post on here give their expert opinion
want in on the convo? not entirely but its funny how everyone was quick to flame the OP but when i make valid points they all go conveniently ignored when the OP and i are pretty much in the same boat.

If you're looking for an argument or attention saying things like that, I suggest you go back to your E63 forum. Where people might actually care. Because nobody here does.

Go ahead and take your boat to the track in FL. It's called "DA adjusting" your times so you can take weather and altitude out of the equation.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 05-21-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:12 PM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
Time has very little to do with the power you make... trap speed IS however a GREAT gauge or power

I'd say 119mph is right in there for your output, DA has a big influence on the trap (by way of the power your car is actually making at the track)

Thanks

Dave

Just for reference my trap speed on a P31 V6 tune was 117 mph at 7000 DA
Old 05-21-2017, 05:30 PM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
I think I figured it out.. its Canada all of their numbers are goofy up there.. What do you say Darryl ??
Old 05-21-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 83 Likes on 49 Posts
2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S

. . .

I'm going to run it on another dyno to see what I see get elsewhere.
THAT's a GREAT idea. Make sure it is:
- Dynojet dyno (Different brands do NOT equate)
- Properly calibrated for ACCURATE results, not results that will please a customer
- Not in any way affiliated with Eurocharged

Also remember that your dyno chart says 500 rwhp WITH STD CORRECTION, AND UNSPECIFIED CORRECTION OR AMBIENT CONDITIONS. This means that even if the ambient conditions were reasonable enough to not require an untrustworthy degree of correction, the REAL "SAE" power is at best 4 to 5% lower than the 500 STD, or 475 to 480 rwhp SAE, which makes your car much less of a "unicorn".

Then also try the dragstrip. If the car delivers on the strip, we'll all be happy to bow down to Eurocharged for their achievement, and I suspect a lot of guys on the forum who have been striving to try to hit 500 rwhp will buy the Eurocharged services.

But if the car does NOT deliver on the strip, well, I guess we all will have learned something about how dynos are not always reliable. (Although some of us learned that a long time ago)

Jim G

Last edited by JimGnitecki; 05-21-2017 at 05:47 PM.
BLKROKT (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by C63fora2w1
I think I figured it out.. its Canada all of their numbers are goofy up there.. What do you say Darryl ??
THis may be one of the very few things where there is no exchange rate or metric conversion to screw us over lol. HP is HP is HP.
C63fora2w1 (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
If the car delivers on the strip, we'll all be happy to bow down to Eurocharged for their achievement, and I suspect a lot of guys on the forum who have been striving to try to hit 500 rwhp will buy the Eurocharged services.

But if the car does NOT deliver on the strip, well, I guess we all will have learned something about how dynos are not always reliable. (Although some of us learned that a long time ago)

Jim G
Most of the guys here trying to hit 500 hp ALREADY have bought EC's services, along with more mods than he has, hence the skepticism.

I should have put a couple or three of these replies into one post, but I'm on my iPad yada yada. Sorry.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:09 PM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S
THis may be one of the very few things where there is no exchange rate or metric conversion to screw us over lol. HP is HP is HP.
Correct, BUT Canada does use different units to measure temperature and barometric pressure, for example. So, both hardware and software designed or built in the U.S. generally need conversion to Canadian units of measure.

IF someone converting a recent software upgrade from U.S. units to Canadian made a math error on the conversion, he could affect the calculation of the correction factor.

Or, if someone replacing say a temperature sensor or barometric pressure sensor with a new one, needs to calibrate the sensor, and does a unit conversion improperly, that too creates an automatic error in the correction factor.

Most Canadians find the metric units of measure a giant pain in the butt. Even the grocery stores still show the prices of meat in both the legally required $ per kilogram AND $ per pound, since nobody actually thinks in kilograms despite it being at least 40 years since the conversion to metric began in Canada!! And almost no one uses the government-required fuel mileage standards which are expressed as "X liters per 100 Kilometers driven"! They all talk about good old miles per gallon. And by the way, there are TWO different "gallons": The U.S. gallon and the "Imperial gallon", so you have to specify WHICH gallon you mean! It's a friggin' nightmare.

So, C63fora2w1 could well be correct. In fact, the more I think about the huge number of places a unit conversion error could be made in dyno hardware and software, the more I think this just could be what is going on here.

Jim G
C63fora2w1 (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 06:11 PM

a unicorn tuned p30 e63
THAT's a GREAT idea. Make sure it is:
- Properly calibrated for ACCURATE results, not results that will please a customer

Also remember that your dyno chart says 500 rwhp WITH STD CORRECTION, AND UNSPECIFIED CORRECTION OR AMBIENT CONDITIONS. This means that even if the ambient conditions were reasonable enough to not require an untrustworthy degree of correction, the REAL "SAE" power is at best 4 to 5% lower than the 500 STD, or 475 to 480 rwhp SAE, which makes your car much less of a "unicorn".

Then also try the dragstrip. If the car delivers on the strip, we'll all be happy to bow down to Eurocharged for their achievement, and I suspect a lot of guys on the forum who have been striving to try to hit 500 rwhp will buy the Eurocharged services.

Jim G

-deff a dyno jet
-deff properly calculated
-REAL ST is no way affiliated with EC and even more don't care about putting doing anything to numbers to make me happy

I posted my SAE with the same magic tune....

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
If you're looking for an argument or attention saying things like that, I suggest you go back to your E63 forum. Where people might actually care. Because nobody here does.

Go ahead and take your boat to the track in FL. It's called "DA adjusting" your times so you can take weather and altitude out of the equation.
Guilty conscious much? I am not looking for an argument in any way shape or form however, i find it funny how quick some are to flame a new member.

I posted pretty much the same and got little to no feedback because why? i make valid points?

I guess no one is on board that a M156 makes 470 with tubes, tune and filter right? and my results on the dyno back to back after getting re tunes is not accurate?

no attention or argument wanted i just want to know why this keeps getting dodged?

pride around here is real.

i'm also very aware about DA adjusting but hey man some tracks are happy as not all can be equal
Old 05-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
I have already turned out a few 500+ whp cars running pump E85. Among them a 127k mile E63 making 500whp on V5, and the C63 making 525/500 wheel. Both of them will be brought in and tested again.

Dynos are accurate to themselves, and great for testing. I'm lucky enough to own one and be able to use it whenever I like. We use and will always use STD correction. This is because it aligns with trap speeds when we take cars to the track. It is also always accurate to ITSELF. I have a couple E55's and A CLK55 that always make the same power, so we can always strap one of those down to see how accurate the dyno is.

Just wait and see, there will be more cars getting the special sauce coming up soon. It is a great think BLKROKT didn't offer to eat his shoe this time. LOL

We're gonna find him a Dynojet to test on.

Looking forward to his phone call

No sense in getting mad or aggitated, and there are a lot of folks that are gonna have to eat a lot of words...hope y'all are hungry!

Thanks

Dave
The following 3 users liked this post by DavesMeanE's:
akmatic63 (06-27-2017), Infiniti (05-21-2017), jahquan3 (05-23-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 06:18 PM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S
-

. . .

i'm also very aware about DA adjusting but hey man some tracks are happy as not all can be equal
This part is technically correct. Just as the correction formulas used to correct for ambient conditions on the dyno have limitations, so do the DA corrections. The limitations arise because the formulas assume that any engine can respond similarly to 'adverse" or "beneficial" ambient conditions, but real world engines cannot actually do that. Some handle hot humid weather for example better than other engines do. Some handle lower air density better than others.

So while Infinit might be viewed as offering excuses in advance for drag strip results that might not be good enough to "prove" the 500rwhp claim, he is actually correct in this one qualifying statement about DA correction.

Jim G
Old 05-21-2017, 06:23 PM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
\
We're gonna find him a Dynojet to test on.

. . .

Dave
It would be far better if HE picked a dyno that is totally unaffiliated, even by friendship, to the dyno operator who claims the breakthrough results.

Scientists call this a "proper peer review", as opposed to a "agreement by a friend".

Jim G
Old 05-21-2017, 06:26 PM

a unicorn tuned p30 e63
This part is technically correct. Just as the correction formulas used to correct for ambient conditions on the dyno have limitations, so do the DA corrections. The limitations arise because the formulas assume that any engine can respond similarly to 'adverse" or "beneficial" ambient conditions, but real world engines cannot actually do that. Some handle hot humid weather for example better than other engines do. Some handle lower air density better than others.

So while Infinit might be viewed as offering excuses in advance for drag strip results that might not be good enough to "prove" the 500rwhp claim, he is actually correct in this one qualifying statement about DA correction.

Jim G
its funny this is the only thing you chose to respond to cause you couldn't respond to anything else as you know my points are valid. or do i have to ask again and this time specifically directed at you? allow me to do so....

Jim G do you think that its abnormal for a m156 with tune, tubes and filters to put down 470whp on a dyno jet?

if not which we all can agree is not abnormal, what do you have to say about my after results when Jerry sent back the last tune?

It would be far better if HE picked a dyno that is totally unaffiliated, even by friendship, to the dyno operator who claims the breakthrough results.

Scientists call this a "proper peer review", as opposed to a "agreement by a friend".

Jim G
yeah cause REAL ST has anything to do with EC? hahhahah
Old 05-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Side note - I am a little curious about how Infinity's situation/ car is getting ignored. Real St. is a real place and in now way affiliated with EC. His results were displayed in SAE...

Nobody cares about this? To be hung up on whatever it did before also doesn't make much sense - It's about the same as comparing an 2008 C63 to a 507 baseline... it doesn't matter much what they started with - one they are FBO, it's been widely accepted that they ALL will make about the same 470-480whp.

Now we have these two outliers, and I know of a couple more overseas that have seen similar gains (25-30whp) over what was understood as "just what they make".

Just wait and see

Thanks

Dave
Old 05-21-2017, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Now you guys get why I posted un corrected numbers.to many ways to fudge the results.

Here is my car with uncorrected numbers and I just ran a 12.2 at 117 with a 2.0 60ft

I have all the info right there baro,temp, humidity and air fuel.this car just trapped 117 so if the op has 63 more who he should be able to trap 123 and ny car was full weight on oem wheels and tires.

Last edited by skratch77; 05-21-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla

Jim G
All I mean when I say that is finding the closest 224x/424x dyno from DJ's website that he can make it to. Not that I have any desire to control what specific place he chooses.

Also, the breakthrough has already been proclaimed independently by Real St. and SAE Correction.

Either way - I would have expected a little more excitement and less skepticism. After all, just because it's "peer reviewed" it doesn't make skeptics any less skeptical. That gets proven all the time around here.

Thanks

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 500WHP C63 Edition 507 DYNO'ed