C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

KMAC Front camber kit review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Thumbs up KMAC Front camber kit review

I purchased this kit several months ago. I wanted to do some camber correction on the front to allow for more positive camber adjustment than what the factory bolts would allow. Since it has been a few months, I can already tell my tire wear is much more even. Usually after this many months, my inner tire wear would be noticeable by the naked eye, but also by the increased road noise in the cabin from the uneven wear.

We can talk about all we want about toe in/out but I get my alignments done and toe was always taken care of, so the negative camber would factor in on my inner tire wear and therefore premature replacement of those tires. My C is a daily driver and my commute is long, 50+ miles one way and it's 90% highway. Replacing front tires after 7-8 months of use was getting annoying.

With the KMAC kit, I was able to get just about a full degree of positive camber on both sides and the tires show much more even wear at this point. I can post pictures of the before/after specs if you like, but if your situation is any similar to mine, you may want to make the investment.

For the track focused folks, they also offer other applications for you.

Last edited by Conv_GSDriver; 09-13-2017 at 02:51 PM. Reason: adding tags
The following 3 users liked this post by Conv_GSDriver:
Adi-Benz (09-13-2017), ghh923 (08-05-2021), nlpamg (09-20-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Good review, will definitely help out people having these issues both now and in the future.
The following users liked this post:
Conv_GSDriver (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:55 PM

'18 Audi A4
I did not talk about the quality of the item. Don't get me wrong, the OEM items that were removed are of good quality, robust, heavy materials. The bushings were worn out to a point, not horribly, had plenty of life left but the KMACs seemed of much better material that would last longer.

The quality of the KMAC kit was very good as I'm comparing to the OEM items removed. So far, been pretty happy with it as it gave me the results I was looking for. I'm just surprised at the lack of options for front camber kits that will provide more + camber. Good job guys down under.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:01 AM

'18 Audi A4
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
Good review, will definitely help out people having these issues both now and in the future.
Hopefully it does, thanks.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:13 AM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
What's the rest of your suspension setup?

im running the KMAC front CC plates and KWV3's. Love the drive, but have been chasing squeaks and rattles a bit more than I'd like...

-Tom
Old 09-23-2017, 08:40 AM

'18 Audi A4
Originally Posted by computertom

im running the KMAC front CC plates and KWV3's. Love the drive, but have been chasing squeaks and rattles a bit more than I'd like...

-Tom
The rest is OEM, just wanted to get that extra + camber. I have some rattles and vibration here and there at high speeds. One of my wheels is slightly bent, so contributing to the vibration at high speeds and probably some of that rattling to go with it. Just had my B service done and asked them to look at all the mounts. All seem to be good.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by computertom

-Tom
I have KWV3 as well and I had noises coning from the right side sway bar end link. It was binding as the wheel turned through a corner. I found it by disconnecting the end link and then turning the steering wheel. The noise went away.

Now I have AP adjustable end links and they squeak to beat the ban. Going to try a reduce the noise this winter but feel it might be a losing battle. At least I can now properly tune the sway bar.

Last edited by Mort; 09-23-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
'16 CLS63S
where did you buy from?
Old 09-23-2017, 02:09 PM

'18 Audi A4
Bought it directly from their website. Shipping was $30 via DHL. I had it in my doorstep 5 days later. Great shipping time coming from Australia. The shipping IMO is justified due to the weight of the kit.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 W204 c63 507
Originally Posted by Mort
I have KWV3 as well and I had noises coning from the right side sway bar end link. It was binding as the wheel turned through a corner. I found it by disconnecting the end link and then turning the steering wheel. The noise went away.

Now I have AP adjustable end links and they squeak to beat the ban. Going to try a reduce the noise this winter but feel it might be a losing battle. At least I can now properly tune the sway bar.
I have kw-v3 with iMacs too I get a squeak from the driver side over bumps or road inconsistencies . I don’t know if I should attribute it to the iMacs or the swift springs since I did em at the same tine
Old 09-26-2017, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by JQuala
I have kw-v3 with iMacs too I get a squeak from the driver side over bumps or road inconsistencies . I don’t know if I should attribute it to the iMacs or the swift springs since I did em at the same tine
I would eliminate the sway bar end links from the equation first as it is relatively easy to undo the links and go for a drive and see if the noise is gone.

You mean K-Macs? If you think they are squeaking get some silicone grease, take them apart and lube them up as best you can on the outer surfaces under the caps. The bushings I installed on my 2010 didn't make any noise but it may be possible to get a squeak from there over bumps.

It is also possible to get some noise from the top plate but it is a little hard to get at them to find the source and eliminate it. Maybe replace them as a last resource.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:44 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JQuala
iMAc?
Old 12-18-2017, 10:31 AM

'18 Audi A4
So I have to come back and share additional information. Last weekend I swapped to my winter setup. I inspected the fronts to find out they are wearing out evenly. At this point my tires would have much more inner wear. Installing this kit has been great return on investment as I'm getting exactly what I wanted, longer tire life and even wear as evidenced by the pictures. Very happy with the product and results. Thanks to the guys down under at KMAC making it and their great shipping despite the origin.

I also have to give a plug to the TPI stud conversion kit I got from Tirerack a few months before the camber kit. It is very well priced compared to other options, excellent quality and makes swapping wheels much easier.
Attached Thumbnails KMAC Front camber kit review-photo967.jpg   KMAC Front camber kit review-photo282.jpg   KMAC Front camber kit review-photo616.jpg   KMAC Front camber kit review-photo720.jpg   KMAC Front camber kit review-photo657.jpg  

KMAC Front camber kit review-photo156.jpg  

Last edited by Conv_GSDriver; 12-20-2017 at 08:26 AM. Reason: add more info
ghh923 (08-05-2021)
Old 12-19-2017, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
Just a note on K-Mac.... I installed a set on the rear of my CLK550 a couple years ago. I echo the comments of the OP regarding the quality of the product and the shipping. They sent me the wrong bushing on the initial shipment but quickly identified the order fill issue (likely had to do with the Southern and Aussie accents clashing... ) and shipped the correct ones as quickly as they did the first. So, Customer service is excellent IMO.... I get 4k-5K more miles from my rears and the better traction across the life of the rears as a result is great also.
Conv_GSDriver (12-20-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 10:09 PM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Great to hear…. Constantly developing/upgrading front and rear adjuster kits and looking back over last 2 years – coming up with the 100 percent fail safe lock system was one.

Prior majority of lock systems world wide have always been dependant on friction – nut having reverse teeth. But design is reliant on nut always being fully tight!

This new lock system has really complimented the “single wrench adjustment” method. Adjustment prior to this K-MAC patented concept meant the time consuming need to remove arms/bushes, reposition at the new required offset, then replace back on vehicle.

Often said the simplest design is the best design. We find shops are so used to the old bush method – but once they get their head around the new K-Mac concept, agree yes, it is “simplicity of adjustment” (and on car – under load, direct on alignment rack).

We have now fully completed Mercedes range – kits Camber and Caster (not just Toe) to suit virtually every model front and rear 1968 to 2017 including AMG, Black Series along with wagons, SUV’s and light commercials.

Also just released adjuster kits to suit Tesla and current 2015 up Mustangs and Camaro – whole new era re features and adjustability.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Chassis Quick Referrence.pdf (695.8 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by K-Mac; 12-19-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Conv_GSDriver (12-20-2017)