MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Potentially a New C63 owner, Question on NA limits (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/682648-potentially-new-c63-owner-question-na-limits.html)

RA81722 09-16-2017 08:42 PM

Potentially a New C63 owner, Question on NA limits

So I just sold my 2006 E 55 AMG after getting really tired of the supercharger engagement and the slow transmission. I'm looking at getting a C 63 AMG a 2012- 2014 with the new MCT transmission. I've done a lot of research on the forums and I know all the possible modifications you can do to it but I had some questions for more experienced members on potential of reaching over 500 wheel horsepower NA.:D:D

I understand that long tube CATLESS headers, with a ECU tune and the ROW air boxes Will yield between 480-500 WHP depending on octane, dyno type or testing conditions.

I also understand that the underdrive pulley can yield another 10 or 15 wheel horsepower based on what other members have shown at the dyno.:rolf:

So my question is what if you added a snow performance methanol injection system, ran a 95 or 100 octane tune with it and did the underdrive pulley? My calculation is that you should at least be able to reach 520-540 WHP

what do you guys think?

Also if someone knows the maximum amount of power that the MCT seven speed can handle it would be great to know?:confused:

Celicasaur 09-16-2017 08:51 PM

Before you get needlessly flamed, I'll give you the low-down:

Headers + tune 460- 480whp tops
Underdrive crank pulley inconclusive, but I wouldn't give it credit for much more than 5-10hp
The jury is still out on whether the new EC V7 tune actually delivers, but if it does, then 500whp is hopefully attainable with just headers
At a guess, with meth, you'd be looking at 520 and even then that's with a bespoke tune with timing in the low 30's up top
E85 kits/tunes are available and will see you over 500 with headers
I don't know the torque limit of the MCT but I'm sure one of the 'charged members will be along soon to let you know - needless to say, you won't get anywhere near the limits while NA

bentz69 09-16-2017 08:58 PM

Catless headers/row boxes/flex fuel kit/v7 eurocharged tune....tuned specifically for e85 (not flex) should yield 510-520whp

you dont see people around here talking about meth injection probably because the gains on this n/a platform are minimal at best. I have a good amount of experience with the snow kit on my former boosted acura tl and with forced induction its a different game.

Just stick with what has been proven to work on this almost 10 year old platform

RA81722 09-16-2017 09:27 PM

There is actually a thread that shows dyno results with the underdrive pulley and he achieved I think 10 wheel horsepower if I'm not mistaken. But I think it would definitely be cool to see all those mods done and then have the card dynode, I'm fairly certain you would definitely be above 500 wheel horsepower

RA81722 09-16-2017 09:27 PM

Well the only reason I want to use meth is because the only octane we can get in Alaska is 90. On top of that these motors have a very high compression ratio which would benefit from meth injection I believe.

RA81722 09-19-2017 03:29 PM

Any thoughts?

AMGonFire 09-19-2017 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7267349)
Any thoughts?

my thought. Your going to run meth all the time to up your octane and tune for it correct? Personally I'm not hot in that idea. Lot of potential problems can occur. I know there are safety nets that alert you however the advance in timing will always be there. I don't like that you can run out. I haven't seen anyone on here run meth on a na 6.2. Supercharged yes but na no. Let us know how it goes. Tune, catless headers, row filters, and the crank pulley you are talking about. I doubt you will see 460 wheel on 90 octane. 500 won't happen without race gas or e85 plus above mods.

hachiroku 09-19-2017 05:08 PM

i would have stayed with the E55 and went clutchless supercharger pulley.

the MCT isn't like....DCT faster.

RA81722 09-20-2017 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by AMGonFire (Post 7267406)
my thought. Your going to run meth all the time to up your octane and tune for it correct? Personally I'm not hot in that idea. Lot of potential problems can occur. I know there are safety nets that alert you however the advance in timing will always be there. I don't like that you can run out. I haven't seen anyone on here run meth on a na 6.2. Supercharged yes but na no. Let us know how it goes. Tune, catless headers, row filters, and the crank pulley you are talking about. I doubt you will see 460 wheel on 90 octane. 500 won't happen without race gas or e85 plus above mods.

Well that's the whole point of running methanol injection so I can run a 95 octane tune but only put 90 octane. I hear your concern on running out of meth but that's really user error and not the kit itself. I think it will be good though because we have dog **** gas in Alaska and it's probably going to give me a lower intake air temperature. I haven't been able to see a fully built C 63 with, headers, tune, underdrive pulley, and intake. Even with 91 or 93 octane I feel like something like that set up would push at least 500 wheel horsepower.:D

RA81722 09-20-2017 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by hachiroku (Post 7267420)
i would have stayed with the E55 and went clutchless supercharger pulley.

the MCT isn't like....DCT faster.

The MCT is really fast when you let it shift by itself. In full manual mode there is a slight lag that I've noticed when driving one, but usually what I do when roll racing is put it in sport plus mode, select the gear I want and then let it auto upshift for me. The E 55 just had a bad supercharger design, the intercooler was placed in the hottest part of the engine, the transmission was very slow, and I had a big brake job coming up. So it's either commit to the car for another two or three years or get something else like a C 63 or CTSV.

BLKROKT 09-20-2017 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7265551)
There is actually a thread that shows dyno results with the underdrive pulley and he achieved I think 10 wheel horsepower if I'm not mistaken. But I think it would definitely be cool to see all those mods done and then have the card dynode, I'm fairly certain you would definitely be above 500 wheel horsepower

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7265552)
Well the only reason I want to use meth is because the only octane we can get in Alaska is 90. On top of that these motors have a very high compression ratio which would benefit from meth injection I believe.

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7268290)
Well that's the whole point of running methanol injection so I can run a 95 octane tune but only put 90 octane. I hear your concern on running out of meth but that's really user error and not the kit itself. I think it will be good though because we have dog **** gas in Alaska and it's probably going to give me a lower intake air temperature. I haven't been able to see a fully built C 63 with, headers, tune, underdrive pulley, and intake. Even with 91 or 93 octane I feel like something like that set up would push at least 500 wheel horsepower.:D

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7268292)
The MCT is really fast when you let it shift by itself. In full manual mode there is a slight lag that I've noticed when driving one, but usually what I do when roll racing is put it in sport plus mode, select the gear I want and then let it auto upshift for me. The E 55 just had a bad supercharger design, the intercooler was placed in the hottest part of the engine, the transmission was very slow, and I had a big brake job coming up. So it's either commit to the car for another two or three years or get something else like a C 63 or CTSV.

Well it sounds like you already know everything since you're kind of shtting on all the responses you are getting. You know, even though you don't know what you're talking about.

Are you actually looking for opinions, or just someone who agrees with you?

hachiroku 09-20-2017 08:58 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...625ad695c4.jpg

RA81722 09-20-2017 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7268319)
Well it sounds like you already know everything since you're kind of shtting on all the responses you are getting. You know, even though you don't know what you're talking about.

Are you actually looking for opinions, or just someone who agrees with you?

Dude what the hell is your problem? I have seen you be incredibly rude on other posts done by other people and myself. This is a conversation I'm not ****ting on anyone's post. Were all brainstorming here because I had a legitimate question. I don't understand why you have to be that guy on the form thats completely rude to anyone and acts like a know it all when you don't know anything.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

BLKROKT 09-20-2017 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7268336)
Dude what the hell is your problem? I have seen you be incredibly rude on other posts done by other people and myself. This is a conversation I'm not ****ting on anyone's post. Were all brainstorming here because I had a legitimate question. I don't understand why you have to be that guy on the form thats completely rude to anyone and acts like a know it all when you don't know anything.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

https://memecrunch.com/meme/76PM9/bi....gif?w=400&c=1

RA81722 09-20-2017 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7268384)

I don't really care if what you have to say is mean or rude it's just totally unproductive and makes you look dumb and juvenile. LOL but we already know that from your past posts :D

You're a classic case of a keyboard warrior who probably can't even string together a sentence in real life. :)

BLKROKT 09-20-2017 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7268388)
I don't really care if what you have to say is mean or rude it's just totally unproductive and makes you look dumb and juvenile. LOL but we already know that from your past posts :D

You're a classic case of a keyboard warrior who probably can't even string together a sentence in real life. :)

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...20c0131543.jpg

hachiroku 09-21-2017 12:15 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7f8a0a77c6.gif

RA81722 09-21-2017 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7268420)

If your knowledge of cars was half as good as your knowledge of Memes I might actually be able to have a conversation with you. But right now it's like talking to someone who has an IQ thats at room temperature.:rolf:

chrisridebike8 09-21-2017 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7268449)
If your knowledge of cars was half as good as your knowledge of Memes I might actually be able to have a conversation with you. But right now it's like talking to someone who has an IQ thats at room temperature.:rolf:

The dude has one of the most built C63s on the forums. He has shown us a ton of stuff for the C63, especially suspension-wise. But yeah...he doesn't know anything about C63s or making power or tracking them:nix:

RA81722 09-21-2017 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7268473)
The dude has one of the most built C63s on the forums. He has shown us a ton of stuff for the C63, especially suspension-wise. But yeah...he doesn't know anything about C63s or making power or tracking them:nix:

i wouldn't no any of that by the rude way he conducts himself towards me and on many other threads... I've seen him on too many others just act like he's an authority on everything and like a dick

chrisridebike8 09-21-2017 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7268475)
i wouldn't no any of that by the rude way he conducts himself towards me and on many other threads... I've seen him on too many others just act like he's an authority on everything and like a dick

A word of advice: if you ask a question (especially one that has answers that can searched for), don't try and refute the answers you get. The answers are on these forums and even in the responses in your thread. Yet you insist that with the mods you have listed, you will make more power than those that have gone before you. BLKROKT is actually pretty conservative in the threads where everyone is contributing in a meaningful way rather than asking to be spoonfed and then refusing to believe the truth.

Additionally, your understanding on mods is a little off. You can't simply add up what each mod gains individually. Example: if an intake says it will gain 10 whp and an exhaust says it will gain 20 whp, you don't usually get 30 whp with both. You might 22 whp with both mods or maybe 25. Hell, they may not even play nice and you might get 15 whp or even lose power. Bottom line (as stated above): headers, ROW boxes and a (off the shelf) tune will get you 460-480 whp. Underdrive pulley probably gives about as many gains as taking a dump before your next pass.

RA81722 09-21-2017 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7268485)
A word of advice: if you ask a question (especially one that has answers that can searched for), don't try and refute the answers you get. The answers are on these forums and even in the responses in your thread. Yet you insist that with the mods you have listed, you will make more power than those that have gone before you. BLKROKT is actually pretty conservative in the threads where everyone is contributing in a meaningful way rather than asking to be spoonfed and then refusing to believe the truth.

Additionally, your understanding on mods is a little off. You can't simply add up what each mod gains individually. Example: if an intake says it will gain 10 whp and an exhaust says it will gain 20 whp, you don't usually get 30 whp with both. You might 22 whp with both mods or maybe 25. Hell, they may not even play nice and you might get 15 whp or even lose power. Bottom line (as stated above): headers, ROW boxes and a (off the shelf) tune will get you 460-480 whp. Underdrive pulley probably gives about as many gains as taking a dump before your next pass.

dude all the gains that i put in my thread are from all the research on these forums that I did. My point was no one has done this full thing and dynoed it,.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-2010-c63.html

theres the underive pulley since u brought it up.

I no what all these mods make according to members on here, my question was what would the whole thing together possibly make.

BLKROKT 09-21-2017 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mr-AMG (Post 7268488)
dude all the gains that i put in my thread are from all the research on these forums that I did. My point was no one has done this full thing and dynoed it,.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-2010-c63.html

theres the underive pulley since u brought it up.

I no what all these mods make according to members on here, my question was what would the whole thing together possibly make.

Not quite. What you actually did was say that you're going to use meth and an underdrive pulley among other things. Even though the first just isn't going to be materially useful on an NA car, and the second isn't generally a great idea given the accessory demands and nature of the big 6.2L M156. And then when experienced people gave you opinions, you said something like "I'm sure it'll work great" and "I believe I'll be pushing over 500whp for sure", without any actual facts to back up either statement.

So either you're just trolling, or you're looking for someone to come in and support your dumb ideas. Your answers don't indicate someone who is looking for opinions. Go search for meth and see how many people have used it in the 10yrs this platform has been out. What's relevant in the smaller displacement forced induction world rarely holds true for this platform which is the polar opposite.

But whatever dude, if you're so sure have at it man and let us know how it turns out.

Jasonoff 09-21-2017 08:54 AM

So much hate up in here...

chrisridebike8 09-21-2017 09:27 AM

know*