C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Quaife LSD...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 05:02 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
Quaife LSD...

I keep reading about suggestions for Quaife LSD but not much info on it. Where can it be ordered and how much does it cost. What's the general difficulty/time/cost in this install? Is there any software/computer changes that need to be done once it's installed in a car that came without LSD?
Old 10-05-2017, 06:18 AM

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts
C63 AMG Saloon
All your answers are in threads when you use the search button
The following 4 users liked this post by Phil_T:
BLKROKT (10-05-2017), Diabolis (10-06-2017), I am Jeff (10-05-2017), INS1GNIA (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63 AMG, 15 ML63 AMG, 13 S550 4MATIC
As mentioned above I would defiantly use the search function since there is a ton of information on this subject. But as I recently have had a quaife installed on my car I will shed some light on it. When it comes to any computer/software changes required it does not need anything done. I ordered my diff from ecs tuning. The level of difficult involved I would say is definitely advanced and I would almost defiantly have it installed professionally since it requires removing the whole diff housing from the car. It took my tech a full day to complete the work since it requires dropping the diff, removal of part of the exhaust and removal of one of the the axles. As for the cost that really depends on the shop and hourly rate on labor. I had my diff installed at my local MB dealer so it’s going to be more expensive then a non MB shop but it ran me around $1000 for labor. As for how the car feels after the instal I would have to say there is a difference in feel when it comes to how the car accelerated and handles. My car is also tuned so my review of how it feels may be different from a non tuned car but when accelerating hard from a roll you will defiantly feel the car pulling a lot harder. Now where you will really see the difference in feel is when it comes to driving the car hard around corners and the predictability of the car when the back does come lose. Basically the car now in my opinion feels a lot more stable and predictable. As you will read if you go through past threads on this topic the main consensus on the forum is the car really should have came from the factory with an LSD since without it you really are unable to utilize all the power the car has epically since the cars tires aren’t as wide as they should be.

link to the LSD https://www.ecstuning.com/b-quaife-p...al/qdf9v1~qfe/
Old 10-05-2017, 02:52 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
sir...you have 0 post count...do yourself a favor and understand there is a search button.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 10-06-2017, 02:16 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by hachiroku
sir...you have 0 post count...do yourself a favor and understand there is a search button.

Sir, I have over 300, do yourself a favor and use your eyes.

If you don't want to answer don't reply. I've done the searches and would prefer to start an intelligent back in forth convo with someone that would like to engage in one and help me out with specifics, like the fellow below you.

Last edited by ShaneN.; 10-06-2017 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:18 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by MBHC
As mentioned above I would defiantly use the search function since there is a ton of information on this subject. But as I recently have had a quaife installed on my car I will shed some light on it. When it comes to any computer/software changes required it does not need anything done. I ordered my diff from ecs tuning. The level of difficult involved I would say is definitely advanced and I would almost defiantly have it installed professionally since it requires removing the whole diff housing from the car. It took my tech a full day to complete the work since it requires dropping the diff, removal of part of the exhaust and removal of one of the the axles. As for the cost that really depends on the shop and hourly rate on labor. I had my diff installed at my local MB dealer so it’s going to be more expensive then a non MB shop but it ran me around $1000 for labor. As for how the car feels after the instal I would have to say there is a difference in feel when it comes to how the car accelerated and handles. My car is also tuned so my review of how it feels may be different from a non tuned car but when accelerating hard from a roll you will defiantly feel the car pulling a lot harder. Now where you will really see the difference in feel is when it comes to driving the car hard around corners and the predictability of the car when the back does come lose. Basically the car now in my opinion feels a lot more stable and predictable. As you will read if you go through past threads on this topic the main consensus on the forum is the car really should have came from the factory with an LSD since without it you really are unable to utilize all the power the car has epically since the cars tires aren’t as wide as they should be.

link to the LSD https://www.ecstuning.com/b-quaife-p...al/qdf9v1~qfe/

I appreciate the reply, I couldn't find a link to purchase one nor how much labor time was involved. What party of the exahust has to be removed? I have welded on straight pipes where the resonators were, hopefully that wouldn't get in the way? I assume that's too far forward though? My first hard corner today I was sure I needed one, ol peg leg burnout.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:22 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
You only need to remove the rear section of the exhaust.
Make sure to check the correct preload on the diff once it is installed.
You can also use the Wavetrac lsd.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:07 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
W204 C63 P30 / C190 GT S
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
I keep reading about suggestions for Quaife LSD but not much info on it. Where can it be ordered and how much does it cost. What's the general difficulty/time/cost in this install? Is there any software/computer changes that need to be done once it's installed in a car that came without LSD?
Many if not all vendors who carry MB mods will have it for sale, just google c63 quaife and you'll find what you want.
For difficulty, it's a "simple" swap. You need to open the rear pumpkin obviously to swap the diffs, but there is no cutting or welding (unlike for example an e90 BMW). Quaife also doesn't need any maintenance unlike clutch type LSDs.
No software or computer changes needed, this is strictly mechanical with no electronics attached.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:27 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Solid info, thanks guys. It's definitely on the short list.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Buy a Quaife LSD - it will be the best mod you will ever do to your car.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I keep reading about suggestions for Quaife LSD but not much info on it.
When I searched "Quaife" I found.

Where can it be ordered and how much does it cost.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ghlight=Quaife

What's the general difficulty/time/cost in this install?
This below install DIY link is posted in about 4 of the Quaife threads found in the search I did. Install costs in one or two of the threads above.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...e-install.html

Is there any software/computer changes that need to be done once it's installed in a car that came without LSD?
No

Hope this helps brah. Maybe my search is different than yours or something...
Old 10-07-2017, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Maybe my search is different than yours or something...
Or maybe he just has a history of being too lazy or dumb to search at all. And people keep spoon-feeding him anyway.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:06 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Or maybe he just has a history of being too lazy or dumb to search at all. And people keep spoon-feeding him anyway.
Maybe some of us have lives and can't keep up to the current trends and need a quick answer. You seem insecure, it's not very flattering. At least you have a lot of spare time though
Old 10-09-2017, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Maybe some of us have lives and can't keep up to the current trends and need a quick answer. You seem insecure, it's not very flattering. At least you have a lot of spare time though
So in other words you didn't actually search because you're lazy. Now regret helping you...

Won't happen again though.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:32 AM

C63 AMG Saloon
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
So in other words you didn't actually search because you're lazy. Now regret helping you...

Won't happen again though.
All of them are lazy, Id say about 80% of new posts have the topic already discussed numerous times in other threads which can come up with loads of different keywords to make it even easier to find. He even admits like you said he needed a quick answer and couldn’t be bothered to search. It makes it worse cause it’s actually quicker to seach and find the answer than wait for people to reply.
The following 2 users liked this post by Phil_T:
BLKROKT (10-10-2017), SuckaGDog (10-10-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 05:16 PM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by Phil_T
All of them are lazy, Id say about 80% of new posts have the topic already discussed numerous times in other threads which can come up with loads of different keywords to make it even easier to find. He even admits like you said he needed a quick answer and couldn’t be bothered to search. It makes it worse cause it’s actually quicker to seach and find the answer than wait for people to reply.
When I search i tend to not find all the threads and find even less on the particular answers I'm looking for. I hadn't found any threads on where to buy and if I need software tuning. I'm not exactly sure what new threads you expect to be made on a car that came out tune years ago but if you don't want to reply then don't (not directed at you in particular).
Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
I hadn't found any threads on where to buy
I don't believe you. I linked 5 where to buy threads that I found (for you like a sucker) in 15s...
Old 10-12-2017, 07:02 AM

C63 AMG Saloon
When I search i tend to not find all the threads and find even less on the particular answers I'm looking for. I hadn't found any threads on where to buy and if I need software tuning. I'm not exactly sure what new threads you expect to be made on a car that came out tune years ago but if you don't want to reply then don't (not directed at you in particular).
As above loads of threads come up answering all your questions that you have asked, people reply because your asking questions that have been asked numerous times and using the search brings them all up! You can also search using google too by putting in what your searching for then mbworld after it and it brings them all up individually.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 R350, 2012 CLS63 P30 (sold), 2009 C63 (totaled), 2002 ML320 (Sold)
I'm just going to chime in here because I'm a newbie and I've been doing a ton of searches.
50% of the search terms I put in give me the phone book. Usually because of auto-signatures, haha.
25% of more specific terms gives me answers from 5-8 years ago
the final 25% is mostly accurate if I dig.

Another point I've thought about is the new traffic... I've seen message boards die without new traffic/posts. If I don't find an applicable result in the first page of a search, I have to figure that it's not currently a popular enough "issue" for me to avoid making a new post.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:59 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
As above loads of threads come up answering all your questions that you have asked, people reply because your asking questions that have been asked numerous times and using the search brings them all up! You can also search using google too by putting in what your searching for then mbworld after it and it brings them all up individually.
Google is how I did it until today, the search function seems to work much better for refining with key words. Everyone should be able to sleep better tonight knowing I have figured that out.

However, sadly if I haven't found what I'm looking for, bumping an old thread to extend the convo into more specifics seems make people shed tears just as much.